Nowhere to be found with one of the most culturally significant places in the world...

Nowhere to be found with one of the most culturally significant places in the world. Stick a fucking fork in Europe it's fucking over.

Attached: waterchopper.jpg (500x365, 17K)

F

You cant scramble those in such short time, they're used for ongoing Forrest fires and stuff.

They have to worry about Islam crashing one into a market place so they have banned them.

>Drop several tons of water in one go on a roof on fire
>Everything collapses and fire spreads everywhere
Well done

In your hellscape where there’s constant fires, but in France?

lol you're as retarded as your president. water bombing structures does immense structural damage.

How many of those does New York City have?

Helicopters with buckets aren't something cities have access to. That would be more for the military or an agency dedicated to fighting wildfires. I'm confident the French could get something but it would take more time.
Also keep in mind that water is heavy and dumping just a little will do little to stop the fire's spread, and dumping a lot could cave a weak point of the roof in.

Judging by how long it took to start getting water on the fire, and how it was only one stream, my guess is that part of Paris does not have a very large water main and so there cannot be a lot of water applied to the fire. Helicopters may appear but that depends entirely on if they are available.
I dislike saying it but since there's no immediate threat to life due to the fire, they may just try to use what water they have and wait for it to burn itself out. Artifacts from the lower levels were probably saved. Obviously the damage is extensive but the exterior of the cathedral itself should still be standing and can have its interior be rebuilt.

So does fire LMAO

Zero. FDNY only has access to NYPD helicopters for observation.
It's why the fire department was getting some drones for observing incidents, but they have no value in actually suppressing a fire.

No water main? The cathedral is on an island on the Seine, water everywhere...

>Invite in 2 million Muslim refugees.
> not have an extensive fire plan/system for the oldest cathedral made mostly out of wood

Nice job, France

you brainwashed Trump bots are fucking retarded

Attached: 1263102661282.gif (400x300, 1.54M)

>That's called being unprepared
OY just let it burn mate. Keep the chopper safe and lets grab a burgey!

This, obviously. These old world cities withe key cultural tourist icons should have helos with that fire suppressant foam shit or something. They showed up an hour late with a garden hose.

Is there a way for the fire department to draft out of the Seine? I'm assuming there would be, but from what little I know about European fire departments, they do not have large hoses like many in the US would use. Even if they did have access to that much water they may not have much to put it through which is why there was only one stream of water the last time I checked a few minutes ago. European firefighting is geared a lot more towards modern construction, which presents a problem when older structures are engulfed.

They probably didn't want to dump tonnes of water onto the roof for fear of it collapsing in on the priceless artefacts inside.
In retrospect they are fucked either way because fire made it collapse anyway.

Fire can be put out, once you smack 40 tons of water against the structure simultaneously, the whole thing will likely go down from impact, which kinda renders the whole point moot.
There's a reason they use tankers for forest fires and not much else.

This.
Nontoxic retardants are also heavy (typically applied as red/pink gel).

Military probably has advanced chemical retardants on hand but afaik they are all toxic as fuck and can't be dumped in the middle of a city.

It's fucked batman, ruins either way.

A gallon of water is ~8.34 pounds. If you actually think the only way to do this is to 10,000 gallons at a time, you're an idiot.

Pretty much yeah.
They aren't squirting it from fire hoses kek, a tanker just releases a payload like a bomber, which can range anywhere from 5000 to 80.000 gallons, depending on the type of it.

~8.34 lbs where any helicopters will have a limited lift capacity. If they're only dropping a few gallons at a time then the water converts to steam but since the fire is already exposed to the air then not much of the heat is absorbed.
Having water drops also means it becomes harder to have firefighters going inside to retrieve artifacts and relics.

Having the live stream back up and there's a few aerial streams in use, but unfortunately the fire is spreading to one of the rectangle towers. I don't think much will be left at the end of this aside from the stone exterior. Even if every firemen in Paris was sent there and started flowing water (which setting up takes time) I don't know if they would have been able to get ahead of the fire's growth. The fire load in that building is immense.

apparently europe hasn't invented the water pump yet

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1146x662, 184K)

They have plenty for this though

Attached: CADEBFD5-9CB0-490B-9EE4-99F66BA1E453.jpg (269x187, 6K)

Just saw an above view of the fire for a few seconds, it's not good. Pretty much the entire roof has collapsed and is burning as a pile. I did not realize it was *that* bad. There only thing that will be left at the most is a shell.
Only good things are that there have been no lives lost and I'm sure some of the priceless artifacts and relics were rushed out of there.
Other European cathedrals have been rebuilt from basically nothing following World War 2, but Notre Dame will need to essentially be rebuilt and there has been so much history lost tonight.

F

Attached: 6AE69807-E3F1-4002-ACCC-5C9A17D9E093.jpg (750x375, 29K)

Attached: 503EF598-BBF7-45A8-9E08-2D2638397456.jpg (296x170, 5K)

Then the system needs an overhaul. Rapid response air tankers with valves that release the water more gradually for exactly these scenarios. If a fire hose can be hooked to a truck or a hydrant, it can be hooked to a water tank on a helicopter, and it can be on scene in a few minutes.

The Elites did it because "muh Rome" aka they just want to buttfuck each other and rape little kids

These people have too much money and time on their hands

gotta save all that water for the anti-Muslim riots following the announcement that a mosque will be built in it's place.

why don't they just use the chemical drops it's obviously not the same weight as a water drop

The European system of firefighting is an overhaul for modern times since the EU has such strict building codes and the general architecture style there is different. These older cultural sights are the anomaly.
And again, trying to drop water from the air (or spray it down) means you cannot have firefighters inside the building trying to save stuff.

If they put a Mosque there as a symbol of "peace" I would literally not even be surprised. This is literally clownworld at this point.

at this point I would be surprised if it wasn't at least an "interfaith community center" or some other gay shit.

I didn't see any videos of fire fighters running out with crosses. Did you?

If an accident could cause this and they had no viable response system that is an EGREGIOUS lack of preparedness that is just disgusting. how the fuck could not have a plan for in case there is a fire? This makes literally no sense. It's batshit insane if you think about it. This is a cultural icon that has stood in Europe for almost 1,000 years. Unreal. Shameful and disrespectful AF on the part of that fire department and the authorities there.

Attached: 1553810502012.png (840x951, 823K)

I've only seen videos from live streams far away, but officials were saying that firefighters were inside prior to the collapse. Some were trying to contain the fire to the spire and others were trying to evacuate things. That's would be how I would expect an operation to go.

The building is almost a millennium old. I don't see what could have been done short of replacing it piece by piece with modern "fire-proofed" materials and then you run into the paradox of is the building really itself if every piece has been replaced.
I'm sure there was a plan in place and this was it; evacuate & rescue anyone inside, only make entry if you think you can grab some of the valuables. If a fire gets going then it's not going to just be stopped.
There's colonial-era churches in my area and that's the plans for the fire departments. They know they're probably not going to stop a fire in something made from old wood. Older timber can definitely burn for longer before failing because it's thicker, but it can also actually burn as a structural member. If you can't stop the fire entirely then the whole thing will burn.

>"we can't drop water on it, it'll collapse. It's best just to let it burn to cinders, then collapse."

typical French

If it was a major fire hazard and everyone knew it they should have installed better methods of putting out the fire than treating it like any other building. You don't need to fireproof the building to do that. The city could have kept a fire department nearby and had some well worked out plan for how to put out fires in this building or firemen on hand. This isn't just an old building, this is a building almost 1,000 years old. It's a priceless work of art, it's a cultural icon. It's literally absurd that the plan would be just to evacuate and like "uhhh...try to put out the fire like any other building". They should have given this building and others like it extra special attention.

My daddy was a Western Firefighter.

Those choppers take literally days of preparation and are usually prepared before the fire season in the west starts. You gotta prepare the parts, get the chemicals, load them up, etc

>~8.34 pounds
>lbs
might want to convert that to kilograms m8

That was my point, I cannot think of anything that could have averted this. It's absolutely terrible but this was the risk that existed since the time Notre Dame was constructed.
Even having a staffed fire crew watching the cathedral 24/7 wouldn't have done much. A fire breaking out anywhere in or on the building would mean rapid spread and its immense size would mean it taking time to get a hose crew to that area, during which time the fire grows.

My fucking nothing corporate office complex has a multi town coordinated plan to fight fires here and the buildings aren't worth shit in comparison. They did a test run and like 9 trucks showed up in 15 minutes. This should raise serious questions, but i doubt it will.

surely throwing 10 tonnes of water at once wouldn't mess with the construction