New York City General /nycg/

user from NYC here, AMA

I have a love/hate relationship with this place and my family has been here for generations. What do anons from elsewhere think of NYC?

Attached: 15E7302B-EEF6-4830-B486-A4717FC90BF0.jpg (750x563, 84K)

It's a fun place to visit if you're not a poorfag. Would hate to live there though, too many niggers and Jews. People there are bluepilled as fuck.

An absolute chess pool that smalls of piss, has over priced everything , niggers, liberals and so on

Literally hell on earth

My skin crawls every time I'm forced to be there. I hate NYC with a burning passion and would avoid it at all costs for the rest of my life if my job didn't make me go there occasionally.

Great place to make coin, wouldn’t want to raise a family or stay there too long.

Should i ask some of my friends from a group that i was kicked out of i they would like to hang out on Easter Monday?
Well you said AMA

>Great place to make coin
Only if you're already on top. The rents are insane, especially on Manhattan.

Moved there for 2 years and loved it. The definition of onion but with threads of hardcore capitalism/right wing woven through it. Plus coming from a redpilled state attractive women throw themselves at you. The water/bagels weren't all they're cracked up to be.

Honestly that’s the major thing keeping me here. I’ve looked at salaries for comparable jobs in smaller cities around the country and the cheaper cost of living usually doesn’t offset the pay cut I’d have to take

All those new skinny little faggy skyscrapers are making the skyline look retarded. America's new tallest building is literally going to be some skinny-dick apartment tower for billionaires half-owned by a Chinese state investment group. How did you let this happen, NYC?

Attached: 47557132032_8670172825_h[1].jpg (1200x1600, 371K)

why was the 9/11 thread just shoad? huh?

Attached: 911 hoaxed (6).jpg (480x563, 69K)

I say go for it

I agree, these are super ugly and stupid looking and are blocking views of the nice buildings like the Chrysler building

fuck this entire city. everything is overpriced and the people are awful, not worth seeing even once.

>NYC

Attached: nyc3.jpg (1483x1113, 1.42M)

That depends on your industry and living situation. If you can find roommates or stay with family for a year or a couple years starting salaries are high enough that you can get set up well

you are a moron and can not do math, or you've never traveled. the cost of living is a third of what you're paying to live in a concrete hell hole.

this is the worst bait I've seen in a while.

Some guy in a thread a week ago said even if you're a 6'4" jacked Chad who works as an investment banker, you can still have poor results from online dating simply because there's so much competition. Another poster said that the a lot of the women of Manhattan are ex-models, and I expect they have high standards.

Move to kentucky. You wont regret it. As long as you like natural beauty and white people that is.

I am only a fan of NYC when i watch law and order, and only criminal intent for the first 4 seasons (from like 2001-2005), so fuckin comfy.

(((Developers))) happened

I saw some apartments near 14th Street that were $2400/month for a 450sqft studio. Isn't that feasible on an entry level salary?

I was on 6th avenue today and saw 10 packed vans of jews on some Bar Mitzvah tour. Also every jewelry store in and around Times Sq had jew owners in them.

Cheaper than SF.

I do math for a living so I’m pretty confident in my numbers, salaries here especially in my industry are significantly higher than most other places

Based jews selling cheap jewelry to gullible boomers.

Love/hate here too.
I have a huge puzzle of the twin towers on my wall. I hate megacities with a passion but somehow Jew York seems very magical.

That said, I have also played with nukemap and a tsar bomba at central park is something I'd like to see.

Depending on industry and if you have debt payments it could be. I’d recommend not living in manhattan and actually living in queens or New Jersey and commuting. It’s not bad- manhattan rents are really where the nightmare is

>What do anons from elsewhere think of NYC?
i've never been there; but i will say this: you guys have the worst transplants. i'm in the southeast. if someone is from nyc, they find a way to tell you (kind of like jews will always let you know they're jews somehow. of course, there's probably a lot of overlap there). whatever we have, they had a better version in nyc (even if it's true, stfu about it). they lose their minds and act like it's the most unlikely thing in the world if they meet someone else who is also from nyc (even though we're a popular state for yankee transplants and they're fucking everywhere). they are rude as fuck (except the really old ones. have an italian lady from nyc in her 80s as a client, sweetest thing in the world).
overall, don't know what the average new yorker is like, just the ones that leave.

I left and moved to the south and it was the Greatest fucking decision of my life. visiting NY/ Long island every year is depressing and it just gets worse and worse.

I'm a super average guy from queens. Tinder is a dub. And a lot of the girls on there are looking for "a relationship". But most women are total sluts. Or they are Aspiring models

Side note used PoF and started getting matches
Suppose to meet this suspicious chick in Brooklyn on Friday after noon. She sent me an ass pic and ASKED for a dick pic. Still going though because the last time I got laid was like 4 months ago.

>roommates
>make 5-percenter salary and still have to sleep in a bunk bed

>or stay with family for a year or a couple years
wew lad, trust fund kid alert

This is sort of true but the dating pool is so massive you have the law of large numbers in your favor. Also helps to look in the right places or try to meet people at interest based social events instead of just online

How can nigs afford to live in NYC without working when others are struggling to make end's meal working two jobs a day?

Shithole. Too many people. Too dirty, too loud, too many crazies

Not really, my family has been here for ages and are certainly not rich, especially by New York standards. But I lived at home during college and went to a cheap school and lived at home to bank up after I graduated. Took a couple years but I was finally able to strike out on my own

Living in the actual shitty and dangerous neighborhoods is actually incredibly cheap by nyc standards, but no one wel off wants to do it because you’re basically guaranteed to be robbed

There’s definitely a New York superiority complex and I can definitely Be guilty of it sometimes

I wish they would nuke this shithole
>not even 6,100,000,000 shekels would change my mind

Attached: angery.jpg (158x224, 6K)

1> Its co to be from there
2> Its retarded to live there.

Worst smelling city in USA, stupidly expensive, horrible living conditions, immeasurably weakens the soul, 2/10 would take a trip there again 0/10 would live there

The rush hour crowds and the homeless are my two biggest issues with daily life here

Not if his family bought back in the '80s or something

>(> $1.5 mil) for a decent house
who would want to live there

fuck off NYC, upstate is where the real folks are at

Attached: i just farted.jpg (600x327, 58K)

that stupid. Nature would not design anything like this.

I love upstate, especially the adirondacks. Such a nice change of pace from the city. Even the Catskills are very accessible

Jew York Shitty should be nuked at least 5 times and any survivor should be thrown off a helicopter or set on fire and later shot. MAGA

>The rush hour crowds and the homeless are my two biggest issues with daily life here

There for a week, took the subway everyday, saw something crazy everyday, or a homeless guy laying down smelling like shit on the train

>Implying I need to bait some user faggot about one of the greatest wonders of the modern world.

NYC is a zoo and should be treated as such. You wouldn't get mad at lions killing antelope on the Serengeti why would you get mad at New Yorkers acting like small-minded progressive liberals? It's natural and amazing to experience in person.

another Jow Forumsack in nyc here. met quite a few other anons in the flesh here through /soc/ who are very based and redpilled.

Rudy Giuliani used to lock up rowdy homeless dudes but the blue pilled dolts keep electing politicians that let them run wild because muh social justice

bloomberg continued giuliani's policy of going ham on the homeless and criminals of color to his credit

i don't mind people being proud of where they're from. people from cali have a similar thing, but there's a kind of laid back smugness they have, whereas with new yorkers its aggressive. like, they don't want you to just know they think new york is pretty swell, but that you're some kind of bog dwelling mutant inbreed for not being born in nyc. christ.

Yeah and did stupid soda tax shit to keep the idiot progressives off his back

Where does Dan Bilzerian live?

stay in your containment zone, we don't need any more members of the Fugawi tribe

>soda tax
not even mad. fat fucks should drink less soda. i only dirnk it once a month. if that.

Attached: shrug.jpg (499x550, 40K)

I know a Q boomer in the city, but besides that everyone else i know full on muh drumpf

we should unironically form a Jow Forums nyc secret society but i'm afraid we'd be arrested as an insurrectionist organization rather quickly

Live on long island with mom but work in NYC.

It sucks, desu. I commute because I can't really afford rent + city income tax. The place has way too many people obviously, most of which are shitty blacks and beaners, the place is swarming with kikes, it fucking stinks and I can't find lunch for less than $10 to save my goddamn life.

I got sucked into a do nothing government job so I have no skills and can't just leave and get anything even remotely comparable. At least the bennies are good. I guess its true, NYC really does turn good people into shitty people.

My crazy sister moved to Brooklyn last summer, I would like to visit but woudln't stay long. Move to a small town user fuck NYC

Brooklyn here. Can't wait to see this place in my rear view mirror someday.

Agreed.... someday I’d like to leave but I don’t know when or if I’d want to come back eventually

Upstate is great if you can get a job. It's Alabama but with snow.

hick cops are faggots up there

Even if you only ever carve out a decent middle class life in nyc, life her can still be very rewarding and give future kids loads of opportunity. Good luck user

>whatever we have, they had a better version in nyc (even if it's true, stfu about it).

I did this to guys from upstate NY all the time
They'd ass where I was from and I'd say Queens . Then I'd say the City. Then they would tell me where they live and I'd have no clue where it was because it was bumfuck nowhere, like glooversville. And this was still within New York

Honestly its because with enough money you can do anything in the city. Yeah sure if your in the south or Texas or Colorado. Yeah its cheaper living, but you now have to driver everywhere and you're stuck with a smaller population of people and nothing to really do. Me personally I would love to drive in a place with less traffic, but then you have those small town cops that pull you over for going 5 over.

How's the cost of living and job situation?
I would want to leave and live a chill life for a bit. But at the same time leaving New York now, you may never be able to get back into NYC again. Especially with all of the gentrification going on

Attached: 1307196596080.jpg (216x216, 34K)

>kids

heh, I'm a 30 year old virgin. I'm hoping I can save up enough money to retire at 50 and move to Idaho or somewhere else cheap and white

Exactly my fear- what if I leave for a smaller city but end up wanting to come back but priced out?

you got pulled over for speeding didn't you?

They don't fuck around about that in a lot of places upstate.

Lived here for about a year now, moving tf out once my lease is up. Going anywhere else. Rent is ridiculous, the people are awful, everything is expensive. The minimum wage is $15 an hour and good luck getting a job if you’re a white male.

long long time ago, slightly speeding in the early hours of the morning with nobody else on the road and then they hand searched my car and we waited for the k9 unit. im a white male in good standing with the law by the way i just didnt have the wisdom i do now to tell them to fuck off

>Then they would tell me where they live and I'd have no clue where it was because it was bumfuck nowhere, like glooversville. And this was still within New York

...and you mention your ignorance of your own state as a point of pride. This is why I want to be separate from you irredeemable faggots. Your utterly parochial viewpoint toward the world makes the entire state be run like a banana republic. Honestly, if the Russians need target practice I'm okay with them using the City.

If you're willing to retake the energy they took from you.

i hope someone drops the bridges and you all get eaten by niggers.
i hate you city fags so fucking much, stop coming upstate

Attached: make NY greatagain.jpg (540x960, 36K)

I live on the jersey border in orange county. I'm from "upstate", correct?

Attached: temp-agazzizz.jpg (887x573, 221K)

Another thing, law and order is something that isn't just for blacks here. Whites are expected to follow the law as well.

no

I didn't ask you. You obviously are from his idea of upstate.

hand searching my car was fucked, waiting for the k9 unit when they found nothing is even more fucked.

No, to me upstate starts north of westchester county. Guess it depends on who you ask- to some Yonkers might as well be Plattsburgh

Cops, however, are above the law here just like anywhere else, and they also make literally $200k a year.

I'd rather every cop be replaced by 10 niggers

>What do anons from elsewhere think of NYC?
Festering concrete tumor.

It smells bad.

Sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted, ya fucking mook.

Attached: jersey's in the house.gif (640x360, 2.98M)

You should have asked him to get a warrant.

Cops here have a hard job trying to police crime ridden neighborhoods but also get off easy for doing a shit job

Plus a lot of upstate areas are full of crime and drug abuse. I visited Syracuse recently and the place is a shithole. Ditto for most of the cities in CNY luck buffalo or Rochester, as well as Albany and Kingston

>to some Yonkers might as well be Plattsburgh
heh, fair enough

Attached: pc-1908-yonkersArmory-frnt.jpg (674x999, 252K)

anyone that tries to live in Jew York Shitty should be executed. Fucking satanic shit eating rat fucks, all of you. They choose to live in these overpriced shitholes because they believe they are better than the entire country or even the rest of the world. Muh flyover country, muh rural retards. You urbanite trash deserve to get fleeced by jews, living in roach infested nigger dumps and dying like rats stacked on top of one another in absolute filth.

I've been there briefly on a few occasions, didn't particularly care for it. Any tips for enjoying it better next time?

Where the brooklyn people at

Attached: manhattan-beach.jpg (635x423, 61K)

Disgusting (cheap) glass towers, starting to look like Toronto.

not everybody in nyc is raging shitlib fren

Attached: apu apustaja wrapped in blankets.jpg (818x864, 74K)

this happened over 10 years ago and i was ignorant to a lot of things at the time, but yes i should have told them to fuck off. now im a veteran and dont need to tell fellow veterans to fuck off

I live just outside Syracuse - the SPD is understaffed and overwhelmed. Syracuse is one of the biggest shitholes not named Detroit in this nation. Meanwhile, in the suburbs, fathers and sons play catch, lawns are mowed, houses are regularly maintained, and the streets are free of trash.

south bronx user here
nyc is the best place in this country, being able to live without a car is absolutely based
access to world-class architecture and art is pretty nice too

I’ve never been a tourist here, but I guess it would help to

-avoid travel during rush hours on weekdays
-stay outside of manhattan and commute in for day trips. There’s loads of cool stuff to do outside of manhattan or the city in general
-don’t bother with tourist traps like Statue of Liberty or Times Square. They’re cool to see in person once, but the coolest parts of New York aren’t those spots

I already knew what your answer would be. It's just fun to see how people from the city consider the mainland section of the state "upstate". There's just them and everyone else.

Attached: pc-1908-fireengine-frnt.jpg (999x627, 254K)

Yeah cause the city dumps all our ex cons in places like Syracuse after they get out of jail. But it’s tough for places like Syracuse or buffalo where population has fallen significantly in the past decades.