Does /pol believe in creationism?

Does /pol believe in creationism?

Attached: si-creationism.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/animals/fish/group/coelacanths
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRYnm_J4ts
youtube.com/watch?v=b2b1d6ar1V8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah we were created by scientists that still watch us

Attached: Prometheus.jpg (1280x1854, 306K)

Probably. Not sure I'm open either way but for right now, I research

Attached: boogabooga.jpg (512x512, 39K)

>fish went extinct 66 million years ago according to our methods and claims
>find it alive and well today
>but we swear our methods and claims aren't bogus, it's just this one fish we messed up on
google.com/amp/s/relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/animals/fish/group/coelacanths

how do Christians explain fossils? not trying to get lumped up to faggot ass OP I legit am wondering

What do you mean? The fossil record doesn't support Darwinism. Darwin himself recognized this and hoped that it would work out once we discovered more and more fossils, but it hasn't worked out.

>God put them there to trick you
Are you serious or just poisoning the well?

The fossil record supports a world wide flood, not evolution.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRYnm_J4ts

Ok how do you explain the homo erectus fossils or the neanderthals then? They seem to appear transitional fossils between man and chimp

Attached: darwin_evolution 2.jpg (330x695, 130K)

seem to be*

Last I checked the missing link hadn't been found. I don't need to explain neanderthal skeletons to know that the fossil record doesn't support Darwinism, he said it doesn't himself.

they believe the fossils were deposited there in the great flood
some of them believe there were dinosaurs on the ark

Attached: 1535383321010.jpg (768x1600, 569K)

the evidence that dinosaurs never existed is overwhelming.
But also, I'm a Christian and I don't think the earth is only ~10k years old, it could actually be millions or billions. But that also doesn't mean evolution is real either. There is a time gap in Genesis where any number of things could have happened.

Regardless of what any of us personally believe, it's a logical conclusion just as valid as any weird ass theory such as multiverse generators and computer simulations until information about what caused the big bang can be obtained.

>the evidence that dinosaurs never existed is overwhelming
youtube.com/watch?v=b2b1d6ar1V8

Attached: 1534230493637.png (730x844, 137K)

You convinced me
Based

Why wouldn't god invent evolution?

He did. He just made it look like we evolved from apes so we would second guess his existence. Apparently..

Attached: monkey.jpg (480x360, 39K)

The scientist's god of the gaps is "randomness"

(i.e. genetic recombination that occurs during meiosis is largely random, among other uses)

What will get killed by other things in the world isn't random though.

Wow this thread is genuinely just a bunch of shills poisoning the well. Let's all just forget that the fossil record doesn't support evolution and make up a bunch of shit to make theists look stupid!

Attached: 1547949441206.jpg (959x720, 128K)

address

So they found a species that "appeared to be" half human and half chimp. That doesn't mean it was actually a half human and half chimp transitory species.
Why don't we have the missing link?

Where's the missing link for poodles and wolves?

I don't need one because I'm not arguing in favor of evolution, retard.

German Shepherds?

I did, i'm .

Genetic mutation always results in a loss of data.
Darwin’s theories are hopelessly outdated, just like we don’t use physics from the 1800s, so too do we need to recognize the absurd complexity present in cells and dna that he could not even comprehend.
A better question is where do we go from here?

"but that's devolution"
we'll duh it's domesticated

Dude... you're literally arguing in favor of creation. We created poodles from wolves. Poodles did not evolve from wolves through natural selection.

Some evolutionist says wolves couldn't have devolved to the status of "dog" within 10,000 years btw. Just thought I'd toss that in there

Attached: dogo 2.jpg (768x1024, 441K)

Why would someone intelligently "create" niggers

How can domestication work if external forces cannot shape how an organism looks? You understand that a bear eating an animal has the same selective effect as a human choosing which puppy to breed, right?

What animal is going to survive to have offspring? The one that the bear can eat or the one that it can't eat?

I believe in both simultaneously. Eat my shorts divisive faggot.

Neanderthals were just throw humans who ended up living for a long time. Notice how brow ridges grow as men age? Well age to 900 and see how stupid your head looks.

evolution within a species =/= evolution between species
please show me the animal that's been bread into a different species

Well genes matter, clearly. God invented humans with the ability to self-select and breed our animals selectively. This doesn't mean we were monkeys at one point. You have absolutely nothing besides a theory.

Even ignoring that, there’s a reason dogs are kept purebred. No one is going to give a shit about some half poodle.

Yes, as per Genesis describes

How are we defining "different species"?

>Well genes matter, clearly.
So what in nature can select for features? Why aren't deer bright yellow? What would happen if one was born that way in the wild?

I thought fossil fuels where made from dead humans

Creationism is so obviously true only a very (((educated))) society could convince itself otherwise. See Aquinas's five ways.
Example: every effect requires a cause. Working backwards, there must have been a first cause, otherwise you have infinite regress. Therefore, a creator must necessarily exist.

Young Earth creationism is the only consistent application of the Bible as God's inerrant word. You can reason to it from a purely secular perspective, but there's no need since God already told us.

Attached: Luther_meme_0.png (1845x1080, 1.04M)

Why is a fag commenting on a thread about creationism?

No. I am atheist.
But I am not antitheist like so many of those who claim to be atheists today. People like that just replaced Christianity with another religion in their lives, like Science, or the State, or Equality.

so overwhelming that you couldn't be bothered to cite any of it at all, no doubt

God didn't make yellow deer. That's why deer aren't yellow.

So what would happen if we domesticated yellow deer and put them into the wild?

I meant an animal evolving different characteristics and traits isn't evidence animals can evolve into entirely different animals. As in, a beards beak changing isn't evidence that it will one day turn into a dog given the right circumstances/conditions and enough time, which is what macro evolution purports.

You have to tell me what it is you mean by "entirely different animals" for me to be able to give you a proper reply.

>As in, a beards beak changing isn't evidence that it will one day turn into a dog given the right circumstances/conditions and enough time, which is what macro evolution purports.
I get that you mean "a dog" as an abstract concept and not something like similar features. Why do many animals that have similar or identical niches in a certain environment look the same? Why does a Greyhound look like a Cheetah?

Creationism is race denial.

We cannot domesticate yellow deer.

Why not? Deers are born with all sorts of random colors. What about white deer?

You seem to be really caught up on the idea that micro evolution proves macro evolution. That's what this all boils down to. How does animals having similar niches looking the same disprove creation? You keep asking questions that you think the answer to disproves creation, when all it disproves is the strawman that you've created for your idea of creation.

That's just silly. Deer should evolve to be blaze orange so they don't get shot. Plus have really ugly horns.

>Why not?
You keep fucking asking questions that accomplish nothing. Whether we can or cannot domesticate deer changes nothing. The reason why a deer is yellow or brown changes nothing.

Yes

I think the people who come on here and deny that dinosaurs are real had something going. That seems like a prime anger farm for S O Y B O Y S.

Because you've set the concept of "different animals" to be unattainable no matter how it's done.

I think dinosaurs are the abominations that scriptures say Satan was creating. Part of the reason for the flood was to wipe them out. That's why God gave Noah a list of animals to save; in order to exclude the ones he didn't want to be saved.

How so?

S’en have found hundreds of missing links what are you blabbering about
Do you expect to find the skeleton of every single individual in a family for a million years?

Dogs don’t come from modern wolves you fucking retard, the come from an extinct spiecies that looked a lot more like dogs
You’re unbelievably retarded, breeders have domesticated modern wolves and foxes in a hundred year

>"god created the earth about 6000 years ago"
>"i'm sorry, were you there?"

christcuck brainwashing just gave me an ebin response to christcucking, unironically based and redpilled

Attached: 1531821819877.jpg (501x386, 71K)

>Does /pol believe in creationism?
If you ignore the word "day" in Genesis 1 for a moment, you'll find that it's an accurate description of the history of earth as viewed by someone on the earth. Everything from the waters covering everything, to when the sun and stars become visible, to the order in which plants and animals appear - all of it is correct. My suggestion is that it was a vision given to Moses, and that the vision was given over 6 days. (Which would jive with his time spent on the mountain.)

In general, the debate over whether the universe is simply material without purpose or directive as the Epicureans believed, or whether it was created and guided by the Logos as the Platonists/Peripatetics/Stoics/Christians believed is highly correlated to whether you have hedonistic views or not.

>you fucking retard
>You’re unbelievably retarded
Calm down, Jacques. People don't take you seriously when you insult them with every sentence.

>Creationism is race denial.
No, historically Creationists believed a race to be those people descended from a particular branch of ancestors; you see this idea all over the place when you read ancient and medieval writings. (Which incidentally is also the modern secular view as well.)

I insult shit eating retard sur like you in every sentence because the dumbfucks that get offended by insults are never worth arguing with, it’s a shit test to prevent me from wasting my time with low iq normies

Genesis Gap.

Ah yes, all the great scholars throughout history filled their works with insults to weed out those who could not handle them. Genius.

Attached: 1533573744516.jpg (540x720, 106K)

What's also interesting is that it's said that a day to us is 1000 days to God (or visa versa, i forgot), making genesis 1 take place over 7000 years. This would also be the age of earth (including the future) according to mainstream christianity; 2000 years of the Adamic age, 2000 years before christ, 2000 years after christ, 1000 years of end times = 7000 years. Not saying that's all true, but it's interesting.

Denying human biological diversity is creationism. Remind me again which side does that?

Attached: ahetatjat - Copy.png (358x410, 20K)

Hey christcucks if your magic kike created everything in 6 days, explain niggers. Do it faggots. Why the fuck do we have niggers if they aren't a missing link?

Attached: 1543130086903.jpg (720x540, 118K)

Wow, finding a fish that lives 2000 feet deep in a very limited range was hard! Who would have thunk it. The wollemi pine was also thought to have been extinct until it was found in an incredibly isolated remote valley in the Blue mountains of Australia. Previously it was only known from fossils. Its not particularly hard to understand why if you think about it for any length of time. If these things were all over the place then nobody would have considered them extinct.

The guy has clearly never left the city to actually look at any of these rock formations first hand. In the Midwest Cretaceous formations he is hung up on, there are layers at intervals with mud-cracks and terrestrial footprints. That alone invalidates the global flood theory in one "step". Maybe he thinks dinosaurs were walking around on the bottom of the ocean during the flood, over and over again. lol.

>Evolution is a fairy tale for grown ups

Said a man that believes in a series of stories about an invisible all-powerful being and his friends, and was likely taught about it since childhood in ways analogous to fairy tales.

If anyone is curious about geology / biblical creation / fossils, I encourage you to actually go explore your local geology. If you are in the USA, you can download a geologic map from the USGS that will load into google earth. Look for (State name) "Geologic map data"- look for the .kml or .kmz file on the page. You can go out and "test" the theories first hand. This way you don't have to take anyone's word for it. The geologic map will help you locate sedimentary rocks that contain fossils. You can see if the fossils you find line up with the established science. If you are in a desert its easy to find exposed rocks. If not, use rivers and roadcuts to find exposures. I do this all the time, and have found all sorts of awesome stuff by the side of roads and rivers. Its good to be skeptical. Don't take anyone's word for it. Go make your own discoveries.

Attached: usgsgeologic.jpg (693x616, 131K)

>anglo scientists

First mover principle only applies within the constraints of the known universe as we know it, we don't know what was here before "the big bang".

Attached: 1550526366190.jpg (480x640, 111K)