Would you be in favor of genetically modifying staple crops like bananas so they act as passive vaccines against Hep-B...

Would you be in favor of genetically modifying staple crops like bananas so they act as passive vaccines against Hep-B and other diseases? Would help get around the anti-vaxer problem.

Attached: 1555464955609.jpg (960x720, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zombietime.com/john_holdren/
scientificamerican.com/article/edible-vaccines-2006-12/
nature.com/scitable/topicpage/genetically-modified-organisms-gmos-transgenic-crops-and-732
pbs.org/wgbh/harvest/interviews/arntzen.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5492011/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Splicing mass produced staple crops with deadly infectious virus genes
I foresee no way this could go wrong.

Attached: wj.jpg (480x480, 20K)

>Putting random drugs in food
That can't possibly be legal.

That's horrifying.

it's an update so good, it's mandatory
we're putting it in the food, water, air
even in the information

Reminder that Obama's science czar John Holdren wrote a book about adding sterilants to the food and water supply as a solution to overpopulation. The shit getting injected into what we eat and drink is only going to get worse with time.
zombietime.com/john_holdren/

Attached: looking.jpg (216x272, 20K)

i will stab the fdas mom, and your mom too op

>*Splices tomatoes with testosterone blockers to reduce violent crime*

Way worse then vaxx.

DONKEY KONG LOOK OUT THAT'S AN AUTISM BANANA

Attached: 1554697282353.jpg (305x294, 43K)

would be okey but theirs too many people with severe autoimmune problems for this to work

>gene edit food so it produces proteins of a virus
>meant to induce immunity via the digestive tract
>that will denature all of the proteins and render them into single amino acids long before they even touch the bloodstream

What are you, retarded?

>too many people with severe autoimmune problems
Sounds like they want to solve that problem with even more produce gene modding:
scientificamerican.com/article/edible-vaccines-2006-12/
>The research has also fueled speculation that certain plant-based vaccines might help suppress autoimmunity--in which the body's defenses mistakenly attack normal, uninfected tissues. Among the autoimmune disorders that might be prevented or eased are type I diabetes (the kind that commonly arises during childhood), multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

nature.com/scitable/topicpage/genetically-modified-organisms-gmos-transgenic-crops-and-732

>What are you, retarded?
Sounds like you are. This has already been done successfully, so instead of assuming it can't work based on your imagination you might want to read up and better understand how it works in reality.
pbs.org/wgbh/harvest/interviews/arntzen.html
>So the first one you did was the potato? That was the easiest to transform?
>. . . For a variety of reasons, the potato was simplest. You can put the genes in relatively easily. More important for us, we knew how to cause the genes to work in the potato tuber. There'd been a lot of work by collaborators of ours. So essentially, we had a good toolbox to work with, a molecular toolbox, so we could create the gene we wanted.
>The question is, "How do we know that the vaccine is there?" The answer is pretty simple. We just peel it, cut it up into cubes, and feed the potato to a mouse. We then take blood samples from that mouse on a periodic basis, and we ask if the mouse has serum antibodies, or is he now making antibodies against that protein? The answer was yes, we found them. . . .

>What are you, retarded?
Probably scientists know way more about this topic than you may know
You can get infected by ingesting a virus you know

Attached: 1479324770900.jpg (800x887, 183K)

>Would you be in favor of genetically modifying
only if you can give a 100% guarantee that it would and could never contaminate other crops nor have any adverse side effects for the surrounding ecosystem AND for the beings eating/using the said modified thing.
>and you can't give that guarantee.
>no. no you can't
>only lobbyists claim that such is possible

this is probably happening already on a small scale they just want to take it next level with HIV

shoot yourself in the head you fucking retard, how much of a fucking sheep are you?

>VAXXEEEEENS SHUD BE MANDATORY BACUZ GUBMINT ALWAYS GUD, GUBMINT NEVER ABEWS POWUR

and when i say shoot yourself in the head i mean with a bullet that has vaccines in it, dont worry your autism is unrelated

Genetic technology in the next 20 years is going to be so much more devastating than nukes or chemical weapons or anything else. Programmable bacteria will be nanotech made real

Found the low IQ shitskin.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5492011/

why does yours use bananas and mine uses potatoes?

Attached: file.png (728x576, 286K)

>>So the first one you did was the potato?
Sounds like they started with potatoes before expanding the idea to other fruit / vegetables.

I would rather eat a raw banana than a raw potato desu senpai.

Yeah, I think the potato was only done first as a proof of concept because it was easiest to implement.

Welp

Other oral vaccines are live attenuated virus so far as I knew, which provides an easy mechanism for exposure to the immune system for response. Strange to me that proteins would be able to induce antibody formation via mucous lining, but I suppose there is be enough contact with immune cells there to do it. Guess I’m retarded :^)

Anyway there should be no problem with GMO oral vaccines, then.

Attached: A3C23808-2A8A-426C-A25F-CD9E992A1D03.jpg (251x201, 8K)