Charles Bukowski

What's/pol/'s opinion in this man?

An asshole, the original blackpill, or something else?

Attached: images(54).jpg (182x277, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYSM7iPFrVk
youtube.com/watch?v=r_FmMqMu_9k
youtube.com/watch?v=v6bBcKdQR2g&list=PLWs8Frj4UTmkTZESwZsfPOvwuVAcu7ec7
youtube.com/watch?v=k6_QUhUPrF4
youtube.com/watch?v=W-vdPkESLZs&list=PLWs8Frj4UTmkTZESwZsfPOvwuVAcu7ec7&index=10
youtube.com/watch?v=o7aX56Bxnl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>His writing was influenced by the social, cultural, and economic ambiance of his home city of Los Angeles.[4] His work addresses the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women, and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands of poems, hundreds of short stories and six novels, eventually publishing over 60 books. The FBI kept a file on him as a result of his column, Notes of a Dirty Old Man, in the LA underground newspaper Open City.[5][6]

>Bukowski published extensively in small literary magazines and with small presses beginning in the early 1940s and continuing on through the early 1990s. As noted by one reviewer, "Bukowski continued to be, thanks to his antics and deliberate clownish performances, the king of the underground and the epitome of the littles in the ensuing decades, stressing his loyalty to those small press editors who had first championed his work and consolidating his presence in new ventures such as the New York Quarterly, Chiron Review, or Slipstream."[7] Some of these works include his Poems Written Before Jumping Out of an 8 Story Window, published by his friend and fellow poet Charles Potts, and better known works such as Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame. These poems and stories were later republished by John Martin's Black Sparrow Press (now HarperCollins/Ecco Press) as collected volumes of his work.

a little background info wordsoup from his wiki page

Good critic with a shitty philosophy

he was a good man destroyed by nihilism

Attached: 1QZZojq.jpg (1600x889, 365K)

Lead a shitty life.
Wrote some funny stuff.
Has some real good insights in his writtings sometimes.

He was an incel stuck in a womanizer body
youtube.com/watch?v=LYSM7iPFrVk

He was half good goy half Aryan.

He was real life personified
He had a shit family, ugly as sin, no academic prowess, and pity from no one.
He had to observe and live in the world as it really exists.
The world is hard and cruel, so you better be nasty tough and fight back or just kys.

original discord tranny

Hank Chinaski is the embodiment of every drunk asshole who is living just to live with alcohol. Bukowski turned his pock faced drunk ass into a writer pulling major pussy. Not a role model, but a real fuck you to societal norms. His stories from the post office are gold.

Attached: ted-kaczynski-2.jpg (900x750, 67K)

a god among the working dredges. poor guy deserved a much better life

Attached: 1303350926571.jpg (600x451, 44K)

The original incel? MGTOW before it was a thing. True forced loneliness. Wrote about it.

Black pilled or Honker Chinaski?

‘Post Office’ was great. Lots of snuggling up next to a big ole ass. Swear every other page mentioned doing such things. I’d say he was a black-pilled alcoholic that wrote in an approachable way like Vonnegut but dark, bleak in tone.

Drunk retard degenerate who made money writing childish books that edgy teenagers read.

Chuck turned me on to Celine. Read "Death on The Installment Plan" and "Journey to The
of The Night." The Jews have been fucking over Celine for years stopping France from giving him any recognition due to Celine's anti-semitism.

a pretty good read

>drunk asshole
Hey.. Watch it mister ;D

Attached: mannix2.gif (218x304, 21K)

If you wanna know what it's like to be an alcoholic, bingeread Bukowski.

Bukowski pisses his pants on a French talk show.
youtube.com/watch?v=r_FmMqMu_9k

Attached: Bukowski French TV Show.jpg (847x716, 58K)

One of the most genuine people I've ever read. He had that kind of life that would normally exist in a book. He wrote from a place that feels strangely relatable, even though most people will never live that kind of lifestyle. I would say he is very Jow Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=v6bBcKdQR2g&list=PLWs8Frj4UTmkTZESwZsfPOvwuVAcu7ec7

Attached: Charles Bukowski.jpg (738x554, 40K)

Good one. All The Way: youtube.com/watch?v=k6_QUhUPrF4

youtube.com/watch?v=W-vdPkESLZs&list=PLWs8Frj4UTmkTZESwZsfPOvwuVAcu7ec7&index=10

Tom Waits is my favorite musician and I could listen to him recite Bukowski all night.

He has an interesting voice.

Attached: Bukowski in Germany.jpg (583x422, 82K)

youtube.com/watch?v=o7aX56Bxnl4

Bukowski can't be too well known in Japan can he? It's neat that you like him desu

>based nip
Bukowski is a means to an end, like Kerouac. You don’t need to read all of the books, just enough to understand them and move on to their influences.

Attached: 000EF6E2-E7FF-4D97-8DC6-55A7344E7A11.jpg (1024x539, 88K)

Prototype dropout. Far too appealing to much of Gen X. Pretty sure the Zoomers won't fall for it, though, and that's all that matters. I haven't been able to read the man's work without rolling my eyes for quite a long time now, but it definitely resonated with me when I was young.