30+ Thread

30+ Thread

Haven't seen one in a while. Just wondering do the friendless wageslavers wizards among you own your own homes? I've realised (again) that I have jack shit to my name and no credit score. I'm even sure how loans works since I've never had a credit card or over-drafted or spent beyond my meagre means.

Attached: 30+.jpg (628x363, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jlcollinsnh.com/2013/05/29/why-your-house-is-a-terrible-investment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You haven't seen one in a while because these threads suck and nobody else wants to make them.

>t. 30 years old 2 weeks ago

That and most anons are teens now.

Everyone who posts in these threads who actually is old enough is a total loser.

Actually, I believe Jow Forums demographics was consistently younger several years ago.
The insufferable zoomer/boomer meme is an indicator of the coexistence of different generations of users.
This website is 16 years old, and many people are still here. They're not necessarily all "friendless wageslave wizards", but even if they were, why should you care?

home ownership is an idiotic goal to aspire to
>way more expensive than a 1 bedroom apartment
>massively underperforms every low cost diversified investment
>literally everyone around you makes money off of you
if you don't want it for the supposed "lifestyle" then it's little more than a status symbol, and maybe you should reevaluate why you're so enamored with status symbols then

Attached: 1409119990972.jpg (500x404, 46K)

>They're not necessarily all "friendless wageslave wizards", but even if they were, why should you care?

Just looking for similar people.

What would you suggest as an alternative? I mean, I'm still living at home and would no in hell on my shitty zero-hour supermarket job be able to rent a place on my own.

if you can't rent a place then you sure as shit can't buy a place
the only way to climb out of retail hell is training or education

>the only way to climb out of retail hell is training or education
I don't know if I can fit anything into my brain anymore. And t b h what sort of things actually reward hard skills rather than social/soft skills these days? I have the social skills, personality and looks of a brick.

>I don't know if I can fit anything into my brain anymore.
doubtful, you appear to not have put much there in the first place

>what sort of things actually reward hard skills rather than social/soft skills these days
literally anything that isn't a sales position
"soft skills" is a massive cope by people who have neither hard nor soft skills to land a job at a time when unemployment is the lowest its been in decades
you don't need to be an extrovert to work on hvac systems, code, or accounting software

There's definitely some coexistence of users from different generations, but I suspect Jow Forums has consistently remained mid-teens to early-20's when it comes to the average user. Most olds have moved on from the site or post significantly less frequently, whereas younger users have more time to dick around on places like this.

Some of the "zoomer vs boomer" memes are also just people goofing with each other, or teens trying to inflate their sense of maturity of by mocking their own generation.

The fuck is this retardation? Everything about this is wrong

Got alternative advice?

he does not because brainlets on Jow Forums dont have math skills and take old boomer canards for granted

jlcollinsnh.com/2013/05/29/why-your-house-is-a-terrible-investment/

I guess if you are a loser who is single their entire life then a 1 bedroom apartment is better.

Just turned 30

Is there any point for me to date? I have a career I absolute love, and I’m Jow Forums. But damn I feel lovely. If I’m not at work or the gym, I’m sitting in my empty apartment watching TV. The thing is though I am not ok with dating single moms or divorcees

>living in america
yikes

Attached: 1554147970453.jpg (682x576, 37K)

No point in dating if you have that mindset.

*lonely
How could you tell?

Why?

Because I used to live in ame*ica but now live in Europe.

Because you are a loser with no life outside of work yet you still think you are better than everyone.

My first and only gf was from the EU. She was great, but I didn’t want kids to it didn’t work out

When did I say I was better than everyone? Also, my job is my hobby. I actually enjoy going to work

>i don't want kids
yikes

>implying all women are single moms or divorcees
>stating that you would not be ok with dating them

heavily implies you believe that no women could live up to your standards to the point where you need to question if there is even a point in trying.

>Also, my job is my hobby
Like I said, loser with no life outside of work.

Rude

american women are complete garbage

having kids is the purpose of life

Well I definitely don’t want to date a woman who had kids. That doesn’t mean I’m better than her. It just means I don’t want to deal with kids. Are you blind?

>loser for liking your job
Wow

Yeah I know it is the biological purpose. But it’s not for everyone. I don’t like kids. I don’t want them

No, loser for having no life outside of work. I had to say it 3 times now.

you will be absolutely miserable as you age

Same here. My job is my hobby and I'm happy with myself being single as is. Some people would say you are a loser because you would lack social status outside of work life.

Is it too old to have a kid at 30? I was thinking about it last night and my girl is fat, too fat to carry a child. It would take her at least a year to lose the weight. Still if so that would mean that I would be 31 before I had a kid. I feel like that would be too old when my kid turns 20 I will be 51. Practically an old man.

28 years old here. Am I allowed in this thread, or do I need to wait another couple years?

My dad was 31 when he had me, it's not really an issue

>30
>old for kids
are you fucking kidding

hjesus christ fucking american animals just plop kids out since they're on the r side of r/K selection theory

No. 35 is generally when problems start arising but women can still have healthy children into their 40s. Talk to your doctor about prenatal care if you decide to have children.

this

I guess it's social pressure but don't act like you're too good in Bongland or wherever the fuck you're from. I am guess the rate is about the same of younger individuals having kids in their early twenties.

>united muttians : 28.2 years
>proper white europe : ~33-34 years

This is the one big fucking advantage you have as a guy over women in the field of sex and reproduction.

You have time. They don't.
A pregnancy to any women above the age of 30 is considered 'dangerous' (albeit the severety of the danger is still pretty low at 30 of course, but it spikes up towards 40).

As a guy you can (in theory) have kids when you're 80. Not saying you should, just that it's possible.

My dad was 38 when he got my sister and 40 when I was born. He's 13 years older than my mom, so she was in her late 20s (good age).

>A pregnancy to any women above the age of 30 is considered 'dangerous'
total uncited bullshit

>american women are complete garbage
This sort of immature generalization does not belong in a thread for 30+ yos.

It's a diseased land full of mutant people, apart from a few pockets in the midwest and north east.

In your case, get a condo. You can get an keep a condo for less than the rent of a similar sized apartment. Your HOA takes care of the outdoors bits so you don't need to deal with "people making money off you". And it can be resold or rented later. It's better than throwing thousands of dollars into a property you'll never own and can't do anything with (ex: renting).

why does that matter?

>Midwest
>good
found the small town nigger

Well why should I have kids if I don’t want them?

Just be straight up honest: you don't want kids. If she hides the kids from you, walk away as she's likely to hide other stuff, too. Women of value don't have kids young or don't have kids at all.

>Proper white europe
>White Europe
>White
>Europe

LOL enjoy Bongslandastan

Fem here. Just wanted to say idt you are an asshole for not wanting to date single moms or divorcees. This is okay. I prefer to date men without children myself.

found the brown coastal abomination

Your own *personal* home can be a terrible investment provided you are getting more than you need. For example, a house with a yard. Now, reselling real estate can be good. There's also always condos which have the cheapness of living in an apartment plus the ability to resell later.

As to alternative investments, there's always classics like stocks and bonds. Angel investing is an option if you have cash to burn. Mutual funds and IRAs are reasonably safe. You could also buy and hold any cryptocurrency that is OVER TWO YEARS OLD. I stress that last bit to avoid shitcoins. Note: cryptocurrency counts as property for tax reasons.

>LOL enjoy Bongslandastan

Attached: 1543364858872.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

>n-n-no y-you
don't you have some injuns or a dust bowl to prepare for?

>coasties
hard yikes

Attached: 1533512047195.jpg (602x602, 66K)

>White
>Europe

Pick one. Here is a good photo of the women in your country.

Attached: Typical UK women.jpg (720x537, 55K)

your one horse town would've never gotten settled by its cousin-lover of a founder if it wasn't for the east coast.

Attached: image.jpg (800x647, 120K)

>b-but you're not r-relevant
and you're not white.

Ntayrt, but I'm from the UK and this Yank reach is hilarious. Here's some stats for you.

And I forgot the pic, kek

Attached: 1559150246295.png (1588x1720, 1.28M)

>slavs
>white
blue eyes are a prerequisite but not sufficient for whiteness my inselaffe coposter

literally my case in point
you attach status to the single greatest expense of one's life, and as a result you will stay a suburban mediocrity for your lifetime
I really would like to know if you are a man or a woman so I can tell if this is coming from a place of self-hatred or frustrated desperation

okay user

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>prerequisite
So you're saying that the percentages of white people are even lower than the percentage of the population with blue eyes, but somehow miss the conveyor that that makes Amerimutts even worse? You're also not white enough to use that slur, sorry, it's a German word.

this isn't about americans it's about slavs

and i'm likely whiter than you

Retard alert, found the larping le 56%er.

>You can get an keep a condo for less than the rent of a similar sized apartment.
I suggest you actually go out on Zillow listings and make the comparison. You'll likely find what I did; that after HOA fees a $140,000 condo will have the same total monthly expense as a $210,000 house. Fees that increase each year and never go away. They also appreciate significantly less than houses.

It depends on where you live. Who the fuck pays 140k on a condo unless they're in an expensive area? Out here houses cost 150k.

My condo cost 50k. The monthly expense is a total of $700 after HOA, mortgage and taxes. HOA does landscaping, trash, and water. Two bedroom, two bath. There's a pool and a weight room. We have reserved parking as well.

I live in Hampton Roads, VA. Not a tiny area, either. Right inside of a city in an area without flooding or serious natural disaster.

Nah the initial conversation was about a yank who couldn't handle the fact that Americans are mutts so wanted to lash out about a white Europe, like this guy. Also, I really doubt anyone here being whiter than me unless they descended from Ireland too. Inb4
>Hurr I'm 1/64th Irish

The irish aren't white.

This is literally the biggest cope on the planet, the Irish are Americans only claim to any whiteness

Uh no the initial British settlements were just as pale but without the aggression, depression, and alcoholism of the ginger

A condo in socal can cost above $500k easily

Only Germanics, Nords and Anglos are white.

Mixtures of these are white if contained within these groups.

Dutch are Germanic, btw

Of course my luck would make sure the first 30+ thread in a while would be derailed by "whiteness percentages".

What exactly is a condo? Is that a thing in the UK?

A condo is an apartment you can buy. It's also known as a condominium. You should be able to buy them in most countries.

That's because socal is ungodly expensive.

33 years old, female. got a lot of background (University and major degrees, several languages, expertise in several fields) but I'm still struggling to get a job because my field is extremely competitive.
also no partner. at all.
last time I had a crush he just used me to hell and back, like every guy ever does. that was two years ago and I don't want to touch dating ever again.
I just want a job. that's all I need.

Ahh yes, the career minded woman. Make your 6 figures a year while you have to pay for younger men to fuck you in your old wrinkly vagina. Yes, you won't regret not having children soon.

What field?

Have you got a regular wageslave job for the moment?

oh yeah, I am not interested in having kids. like, ever.
so it's all win win to me

I'm a game developer. it's incredibly hard to get in, depending on your area of expertise.
I'm not giving up, though. Had a lot of interviews and stuff, even for big companies. One day it'll work out.

>I'm a game developer.
Doesn't seem like the greatest goal to be aiming for these days, with all the horror stories surrounding it.

Isn't there something more stable you could apply for? I assume you skills are transferable to some other part in IT or software development?

>28 dyke
>prev depressed mess who only had one sexual experience and still lived at home
>got plastic surgery and shit to be happy
>worked
>installed tinder and moved out
>now have a gf and stuff
>been to more places in the last 5 months than i have my entire life

Honestly having a gf is one of the hardest things I think ive ever done. Plastic surgery saved my life though I dont think anyone would put up with me as much as they do if I wasn't mildly pretty

Go away please, you've reached zenith. It's not funny or fun anymore.

what did you get? i'm getting something done medically (covered by my insurance thankfully) and it's also going to change my appearance for the better. i'm wondering if the way others treat me will actually change, not just in relationships but with strangers or even in my career

You will regret not having children just the same, incel

I have an artistic background and it's really, really hard to get a job as an artist in any other field. at least now I got hired at two different places, plus keep getting interviews constantly.
I mean, it sucks because my programming colleagues go from a job to another no problem. getting in the industry as an artist is an entirely different story.
and yes, the industry is pretty shitty. I've known it since I began getting in there, like, first hand. I've gone through real shit.
However, it's something that fulfills me so much I just want to keep on trying.
I'm glad that the fact the industry is shitty is starting to be visible, though. most people may think making video games is a walk in the park. if only for the embarrassment, some companies are starting to address their faults and trying to make amends.

do you tell men the same? if you don't, please go away.

I haven't been here in months
Everyone will treat you better. You'll get more chances to fuck up, and your flaws wont be huge dealbreakers.