VPN/encryption/freedom general part 10 /VEF/

> centralized VPNs are not safe anymore, they can be easily targeted and taken down by governments, the only solution is to start developing and supporting open source and decentralized software
activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html

deepdotweb.com/2019/04/04/the-german-anti-black-market-bill-will-negatively-impact-legal-tor-users/

prev thread >

We are sliding into a dystopian censored world, our duty as sovereign individuals with a strong online community is to inform and educate ourself on how to circumvent goverment restrictions, and spread alternative narratives trough red pills ,memes.
This thread purpose is offering solutions to censorship and surveillance by central authoritys trough tech and tips:

>Vps
vpscomp.com/servers
>Decentralized vpn
sentinel.co/
>Self-contained Networks:
torproject.org/
geti2p.net/en/
freenetproject.org/
zeronet.io/
>non custodial crypto mixer
wasabiwallet.io/
>decentralized crypto fiat gateways
bisq.network/
>Private chat:
retroshare.cc/
riot.im/
signal.org/
>GPG:
gpg4win.org/
>Addons: (unique addons make your browser finger print also unique)
eff.org/https-everywhere
eff.org/privacybadger
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
>Encrypted pastebin
ybin.me/
>Concept tech /experimental tech:
gnunet.org/en/
maidsafe.net/
deadcanaries.gitlab.io/orc/
github.com/pandonetwork/pando
filecoin.io/
>Filesharing
onionshare.org/
>OS:
qubes-os.org/
tails.boum.org/
whonix.org/
>disk encryption:
veracrypt.fr/en/Home.html
>books:
the sovereign individual
the bitcoin standard
economics in one lesson
the breaking point
a16z.com/2018/02/10/crypto-readings-resources/
>3d printing
additivism.org/manifesto
defdist.org/

Attached: the-sovereign-boys.jpg (1536x839, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deepdotweb.com/2019/04/16/bibliometric-analysis-of-botnet-identification-approaches/
ft.com/content/e5567d8a-ee65-11e8-89c8-d36339d835c0
wasabiwallet.io/
youtu.be/q6vi528gseA
medium.com/@100trillionUSD/modeling-bitcoins-value-with-scarcity-91fa0fc03e25
theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/03/five-stupid-things-dread-pirate-roberts-did-to-get-arrested
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Honk

>deepdotweb.com/2019/04/16/bibliometric-analysis-of-botnet-identification-approaches/
Cool article about botnets.

nice will check it out

Bump

VPNs do not encrypt your data - they simply channel your data to a third party proxy server, whose owner can have full purview of said data: “We even found that in some cases they stated they would share your data with third parties in mainland China"
ft.com/content/e5567d8a-ee65-11e8-89c8-d36339d835c0

Lol china prepping to own the whole internet

I need to make usb bootable os, is tails still the best option?

yeah for live usb os

I personally just use linux ubuntu distro but tails is probably much safer

yeah they are about to merge with google with project firefly, one more reason to switch away from any google product like chrome or gmail and stop using their search engine

Thanks, will make one for public use. Should probably use vpn too while browsing on public wifi right?

you can boot up a whonix VM from inside ubuntu and be safe too

yeah, you should use either a dVPN or a vps with encryption i prefer not to trust centralized partys, but it always depends what is your risk profile

What browser do you recomend ?

i recomend hardened firefox with the same addons as default tor

Honk

I see that in the list above you mentioned a non custodial crypto mixer, what is it ? Ive been always interested in crypto tell me more

Don't forget (((they))) are using the unique EMF signature your body emits to read your thoughts via HARP and satellites. Every time your ears are pinging that is the system locating your signature.

Attached: schizoPoster.png (360x384, 142K)

none of it matters when the firmware is compromised.

its a new wallet called wasabi wallet ( wasabiwallet.io/ ) which allows you to mix your bitcoins with a 100 user set (monero user set is lower then 10) thus making btc a privacy coin

Attached: rgr4.png (1148x344, 25K)

wireshark can mitigate the firmware problem, also gov has not enough resources to target everybody , and we don't know what kind of ability they have over firmware and what kind of attacks they can use

Thanks, I will try it out, was a bit hard to find download button on sentinels page though lol

Thats very cool, but ive heard multiple times that bitcoin is slow as fuck and cant scale so even if its private now whats the point of it, isnt it better to use a faster crypto like ripple ?

Mixers literally mix you coins with other peoples coin, you send certain amount and it send it to address you specified in multiple transactions so that it would be much harder to track down to their origin

Lol ripple is not centralized, there's plenty of others coins that are faster than bitcoin but there's huge amount of computing power behind bitcoin which makes it probably the safest store of value from hacker's

the software is still in alpha so you can test it for free, when it will release on main net you will be able to monetize your own bandwidth and pay with any crypto (or connect to free nodes set up by the community)

Its all about how you store your private keys.
Also Cryptocurrencies are not as safe as you might think, every transaction is forever on the blockchain and through analysis they can figure out what wallets belong to you.

bitcoin can scale thanks to the lightning network, all the people that are spreading false info about btc are just trying to sell their hype scheme like ripple which is centralized and controlled by a small group of people.
you can try any lightning network wallet by yourself and see that payements are confirmed in few seconds and you can micro fractions of a bitcoin. jack dorsay the ceo of twitter is going to implement bitcoin LN into it sooner or later

Attached: rgr4.png (617x483, 17K)

chain analysis companys are just hype schemes that wanna scam govs and are well behind the tech that is being worked on. atomic swaps channel factories schnorr signatures and LN will make chain anaysis alsmot impossible

Twitter ceo is using bitcoin ? wtf

yeah and he is going to make twitter into the millenial bank/social network, also microsoft and starbucks are building on bitcoin. all the big money/old money got into bitcoin and now they are going to pamp it and dump it on retail

Attached: fewfewfewfew.png (1218x434, 69K)

Sure but it would take substantial amount of computing power just to find one
random origin wallet that might or might not be of any use to authorities

Not just twitter ceo, tesla ceo elon musk is crypto user too. Blockchain is getting more and more mainstream and not just for currency purposes

plus when the next financial crysis hits and central banks start printing again either other rounds of QE or they start implementing MMT the dollar might become a venezuela tier currency through hyperinflation, or if the crysis doesn't hit we can be sure that in a few years america won't be able to pay the interest on their debt so they will be forced to print youtu.be/q6vi528gseA

Bump

>all tinnitus is the government reading your mind
Doubt.jpg

When he is going to do it ?

How to get i2p and freenet working?

You can already see Venezuelians buying Bitcoin to hedge against their shitty currency. Volume on localhitcoins is insane there

Probably already working on it, wouldn't be surprised to see it before end of year

when the lightning network technology is more mature, LN tech is similiar to what bitcoin was in 2009 it will mature much quicker but it needs time, he could also be waiting for the greater push from ICE starbucks and microsoft which will come closer to the halvening (decreasing of btc inflation by half bringing inflation to 1.8% lower then the fed target inflation rate)
medium.com/@100trillionUSD/modeling-bitcoins-value-with-scarcity-91fa0fc03e25

Attached: 1 yGeHubDgrweger4FQpCaJxgPVCqdQ.jpg (800x413, 39K)

can you be more specific otherwise i can't know whats your problem.
if you don't know how to set them up there are countless tutorials on youtube

you can easily fit Lubuntu onto a bootable USB. then configure it to be as secure as you can within the confines of the general settings - people on Jow Forums can help you do more advanced things but if you want all the extreme security of Tails then yes, you'll need to use Tails.

these are the things we need to be focusing on. in particular, we need a Jow Forums-like place for people to talk (that doesn't use so many images because both i2p and freenet become slow as fuck when you need to load gifs or movies or whatever).

my dream scenario is some dark message board that can be accessed via both tor and i2p. i'm not sure how that would work but it would allow users to choose their darknet access point and still all get to the same content

with projects that allow for decentralized encrypted storage we will get to a uncensorable chan and authoritys will not be able to bring it down or know who navigates through it

i2p and tor hidden services are basically already there bro. so we could have uncensorable chan *now* if some coders just worked together to put it up and make it accessible on the 2 networks

they didn't bust DPR because of some vulnerability in tor, it was because he had shitty OpSec theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/03/five-stupid-things-dread-pirate-roberts-did-to-get-arrested

yeah i guess you are right, i just like experimental tech that is being worked on like gnunet, tor and i2p can get you rekt if you have bad opsec newer alternatives should make evrything easier and reduce attack surface.
thats why i make this thread both to educate on current best opsec and to keep people updated on the tech that is going to come

I've got a better idea. Let's just get rich and then buy politicians to regulate Google. We should be building venture capital firms and expensive proprietary industry standard software, not open source shit that inevitably gets corrupted with commies like Linux has

>the government
kek

linux kernel can be forked.
decentralized governance through DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations) allow to solve the problem with commies, allow good actors to vote either staking their reputation/past work or real money should solve the problem or make attacks much more expensive for bad actors like govs.

ZeroNet is great.
ZeroNet with the IPFS browser add-on is going to be the best way forward imo.

veracrypt code is open source so everybody can check if there is some malicious parts in it.
truecrypt team was probably contacted by some three letter agencies and "convinced" them to stop.
i will check those 2 you mentioned

>check the GPG section
>no mention of GnuPG
am i shocked my OP's faggotry?
not really.

VPN admins will sell your data and let police spy on you.

I always thought they used psychics.

you are shoked by your own faggotry ?
tipical leaf

yeah thats their second revenue stream

anyway i will add GnuPG to the list