WTF Americans

do any of you use rags? Your wasting money and harming the environment
>Every day, as Americans dry their hands, soak up their spills, and wipe their counters, they are—whether they know it or not—contributing to their country’s dominance.
>This status is unquestioned. According to data shared with me by the market-research firm Euromonitor International, global spending on paper towels for use at home (but not in office or public bathrooms) added up to about $12 billion in 2017, and Americans accounted for about $5.7 billion of that total. In other words, the U.S. spends nearly as much on paper towels as every other country in the world combined.
>Of course, the U.S. has the largest population on that list, but it stands apart on a per capita basis as well. In 2017, the average American spent $17.50 on paper towels. The closest competition on this measure comes from Western and northern Europe, led by Norway at $11.70 per person.
>In explaining the U.S.’s enormous appetite for paper towels, Uduslivaia pointed to America’s relatively wealthy and large population. “A strong economy can support more spending on nonessentials like paper towels and purchases of higher-quality products,” she told me.
>Perhaps the paper towel satisfies some deeper, uniquely American desire to be immediately rid of a problem, whatever the cost. “I definitely think they in many ways represent how Americans think in that people are obsessed with instant gratification,” Jennings told me.
>Generally speaking … anything disposable isn’t good for the environment, especially something that is used on a large societal scale,” says Seung-Jin Lee

What are you guys doing over there to need so many?
theatlantic.com/family/archive/2018/12/paper-towels-us-use-consume/577672/

Attached: A57F23FB-D542-4FEB-A2E5-38C5CE1629A3.jpg (749x1108, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/09/02/scientists-discover-that-the-world-contains-dramatically-more-trees-than-previously-thought/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.22b85db73e2b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No need to get the full gear out for just a small mess Sayyid

Normies are retarded and think cloth towels are unhygienic.

Shut up, goddamn.

They are. Just like sponges.

do you not wash your towels? what the fuck

>In 2017, the average American spent $17.50 on paper towels.
That is a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of resources consumed. And it all renewable.

i buy a fresh 12pk every week, any rolls left over i throw away

>What are you guys doing over there to need so many?

Mostly in the morning after my shower.

See? This is exactly what I'm talking about

b-b-but dead trees

Should I shit in the street and wipe with my hand?

Thats something I recognized in the states: Everyone carries these bottles of disinfection liquids with them, you guys use them permanently. Why?

Attached: AFE35FB4-00E4-4792-B52B-05437BB788DA.png (231x277, 81K)

they're sharting errywhere too much to use mops

Attached: 1542670974068.jpg (1277x960, 219K)

Why don't you tell us why krauts are afraid of tap water?

because there are niggers and spics here and they are allowed to touch the same things as us

>implying you don't shart in the mart

Attached: 1532061115822.jpg (486x634, 151K)

Because if you get sick here, you're basically thrown to the wolves. The weak die.

Shit nigger a bulk pack of paper towels from costco is 16 bucks by itself and i'll go through one of those like in a couple months

I'm a literal germaphobe. You can take my paper towels from my cold dead hands! Get AIDS Eurofag!

my sides

I don't because they kill off the bacteria that is supposed to be on your skin too. It's another thing they memed into reality by making normies into faggy hypochondriacs. "DURR BUT THE TV SAYS THEY KILL 99.9% OF GERMS!"

Because were not as comfortable playing with feces as you Germans.

We aren‘t I would say. But I somewhat agree: a lot of people buy expensive „mineral-water“. Never understood why one would pay like 50 cents for a litre of water in a bottle (and have to carry that shit home and have the waste tale away space and shieet) when you can get 5 litres of tap water for 1 cent

Attached: B2046D7B-277A-43CF-86B9-F6A99730C257.png (657x527, 34K)

Fuck envirocuntsl it’s worth it to me to spend the few extra dollars not to wipe the same mess over and over 10 times with the same dirty rag trying to soak up every last particle and just smearing it around further.

>>Generally speaking … anything disposable isn’t good for the environment, especially something that is used on a large societal scale,” says Seung-Jin Lee
>Seung-Jin Lee

asians telling us not to pollute

Attached: 555-come on now.jpg (540x338, 48K)

Holy fuck, yes and everyone acts like I'm insane. I use cloth napkins for meals and rags for cleaning and if you do otherwise, you are a peasent.

kek
yeah but not exposing yourself (to some degree) to bacteria weakens your immune system in the long run I heard
thats what I would also say
mean :(

Attached: 027874AE-C911-48FF-900E-44D470910338.png (713x809, 81K)

>harming the environment with hygienic, renewable, biodegradable cleaning towels
Never mind the majority of the other seven billion people on the planet who throw plastic trash directly into rivers, lakes and oceans.

It's actually that rags are filthy after a few uses. Do you have any idea how quickly bacteria grows in a wet towel? Especially after you've wiped up grime from your hands, your counter, your floor, your wherever. Plus some substances ruin rags.
Explain to me how washing them after one use is less environmentally harmful than a paper towel
>oh but don't wash them that often
Then you must accept that they are dirty. And you're wiping down your silverware with a dirty rag.

Nothing like taking a shit at a friend's house only to find they have a single towel to dry hands with, the towel that's been there for years and has years of everyone's shitty hands on it

I'm not washing a fucking washcloth. No way.

where do you think they got their damn plastic from burger?

We use paper towels to dry off after taking a shower.

Most of the bathrooms have paper towels so we dry our hands with them. It's pretty wasteful.

(You're) a faggot.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-10-10-28-01-1.png (1363x788, 680K)

Fuck this shit
I change it almost everyday, especially if I dry my face

Is that not normal? I wash my car with paper towels as well

This is what was going through my mind the whole time, well that and OP being a total Fag for not taking the cost of washing and health concerns into thought

I too want public cloth towels.
disgusting

I usually unroll a few rolls into a large pad and use that as I step out of the shower

Why even open the pack? I just chuck the whole thing before I get in my car

We have moved away from using rags and cotton towels to paper towels. It is the convenience of being able to use them and discard. No cleaning needed, no re-using the same rag if you need to clean something else and don't want to cross contaminate. It is really sterile. I think we have become so used to the idea of using these to clean and dry things up that it doesn't cross people's minds often anymore.

Fuck the world and you Eurotash.

USA USA USA

Attached: 1500318677538.gif (150x148, 930K)

>be in germany
>pay 1 euro to use public restroom at restaurant you are already dining in
>get into toilet stall, take a poop
>look to right, notice no toilet paper
>look to left, no toilet paper.
>getting nervous, look behind toilet
>theres a bucket with a poop smeared rag
>its a literal wipe rag
>dont wipe, disgusted as fuck wondering if the kitchen people even wash their hands good enough after shitting
at least its good for the environment!

Attached: germancuckoldry.jpg (981x706, 141K)

because we have 100,000-400,000 unvaccinated shitskin beaners sneaking into the border EVERY SINGLE month bringing their tuberculosis, enterovirus, and whooping cough with them

Attached: 1540850024073.jpg (636x688, 141K)

I don't have a drain in my tub. Instead, I fill it with paper towels and then throw them in a paper garbage bag.

The only way they are bad for the environment is because of the current method of production of most of them. Same with toilet paper... but are you going to use rags for that too? Eventually it will all be sustainable, and as soon as they are able to be made en masse in sustainable ways, more regulations will ensure that they are created that way, rather than wood pulp. Hemp being legalized will move us towards that direction in a lot of consumer products being made biodegradable and renewable. You can make car bodies out of hemp, in fact the original ford was designed to have a hemp body stronger and lighter than steel, and run on gasoline created from hemp oil. But then they made "weed" illegal and lumped hemp in because it would hurt the logging industry. Thank William Randolph Hurst.

Ironically, all the stoners I know here in CA go visit his castle without ever putting the two together.

I pulled up all the carpet from my house so I could lay down a fresh paper towel pad every morning. Why vacuum like a europoor?

paper towels are the defining factor between a 1st world country and a 3rd world country. shit hole countries only have cheap $0.10 sponges and people smear germs all over their shacks/shantys and probably scrub their anus with them too.

Muh weed

found the stoner.

will we fly to mars in hemp rocket ships too?

only faggots and women use purell

Rags are gross and get moldy you fucking barbarians

There are trillions of trees and they are biodegradable. This is nothing compared to the environmental damage that pajeets and chinks do every day but “muh white people”

>implying that the "European" doesn't wipe his ass with his hand

Ever notice how the lugenpresse needs to always editorialize their so-called "journalism" these days?

>weirdly obsessed

Basically the author is announcing the content of their article and their politio-social bent so you don't even have to read the article.

Oh and eat your bugs, goyim. It's going to stop climate change!

>replacing a fully sustainable paper towel
>with a petrochemical and synthetic rags
Neolib cancer.

Oh no. Where in America will we ever find more trees?

Attached: talladega-forest-1.jpg (1000x667, 158K)

Fuck you Jew. When you control more then 25% of the economy you will understand

Say you're wiping a spill that could potentially be harmful. Do you use a reusable rag or something disposable so you minimize risk of getting harmed? You use the disposable.
You retarded subhuman. Do you have any idea how much damaging that is than using disposable paper towels? First, the electricity consumption of washer (and dryer). Until the world is using 100% non-polluting (and probably renewable) energy source, you using such equipment to clean dirty towels will have a more negative impact than just using a paper towel. Even if you use one roll of paper towel, it's still less detrimental than a full washer (and especially dryer) load of reusable towels. Second, the detergent/bleach/other cleanser ending up contaminating the water supply or leaving some kind of sludge (if using some other tap water purification/treatment process) that could cause some other damage. Third, washing does not guarantee complete sterilization from bacteria/parasites/etc. or complete removal of any toxic chemicals. Disposing of a used/contaminated paper towel and using a new sheet does, or at least guarantee that it's vastly cleaner than a reused rag, provided you don't contaminate the entire roll.
You Yuroshits are fucking stupid. No wonder Americans rule the world. Go wait for us to conquer you all. Maybe we can fix all that stupid.
>with nukes, if necessary

god forbid we just plant new forests on our quadrillion square miles of land

So we are towelly taking carbon out of the air and burying it.

>AMERICANS DO THIS
>BUT EUROPEANS DO *THIS*
>WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA WHAT THE FUCK AAHHHHHH

Europe is literally the third world, I have no idea why anyone pretends that they have superior culture or something. 90% of that continent stinks of cow shit and everyone drives a car half the size of mine but somehow costs four times as much. These people should be abandoned, not emulated.

>Everyone carries these bottles of disinfection liquids with them, you guys use them permanently. Why?
Mostly jew propaganda trying to develop antibiotic-resistant superbugs to wipe out the goy.

>wipes chicken blood off counter with kitchen towel
>washes hands
>dries hands with towel
>"I wash this towel once a week, it's clean!"
This is why we shut Mexican restaurants down for health violations, Paco

>the bigger the car, the better

Attached: 1529097371081.gif (400x225, 1.2M)

>implying our methods of water treatment isn't tenfold better than our garbage/waste/disposal methods

>implying you need 100 percent sterilization to wipe up your childs spaghetti mess, even its face

t. humble brawny salesman

Attached: 1528090000684.png (593x580, 621K)

FUCK TREES!!!

this is not true. say you're lying, user.

same, but we recycle.

Doesn’t everyone do this? Only old people have a reusable bath mat.

>the smaller the car the better
Americans don’t want to be in a cuckmobile, Pierre.

Attached: 19E7813B-FD9D-45D5-9476-6AC951529220.jpg (1200x964, 131K)

I'm not using a fucking cloth to wipe down my counters, sink and bathroom faggot

I just walk into the aisle a bust a huge nut on everything to claim it.

That's right! The USA is number one yet again, baby! Suck it you pansy ass European pinko commie faggot!

In all seriousness though, paper towels are great for the economy and environment, as the paper and paper towel industries provide and help sustain millions of jobs throughout America while making use of a renewable resource. Furthermore, companies involved take great care to be good stewards of the forests upon which they depend, and often plant more trees then they cut down. This cycle of harvesting trees for use in the paper industry also helps the environment by drawing carbon dioxide directly out of the atmosphere, whereupon those pesky carbon molecules are trapped within the wood materials that will go on to be made into paper before being harmlessly disposed of.

I also use wet wipes when I use the bathroom and throw them in a closed trashbin when I'm done

Next headline:
Millennials are destroying the paper towel industry

This. I don't want to wash rags everyday or collect a pile of mold and run it thru my machine spreading spores. Just no thanks.

Paper towels are clean every time you use them.

I've only seen women and faggy "men" do this

>Your wasting money and harming the environment
It's "you're"

and fuck the environment. Fuck money too that is impossible to waste since money doesn't exist in America. We use federal reserve scrip here. Scrip that is literally conjured out of thin air before being foisted upon our worldwide slave colonies IE trading partners.

Attached: HoI1NIi8Om6q_320x180.jpg (320x180, 10K)

Nice to have in a pinch, like if you know you just touched something disgusting and there is no way to wash your hands properly, at least you can sterilize. Don't use it too often though.
My immune system is fantastic btw.

Suck my cicumsized american cock eurofaggot.

Wash it in the sink by hand then you lazy retard.

>Collect dirt and germs in a sponge
>Use it again
You should replace a dish sponge after 3 times washing let alone picking shit up

Protip here
Avoid mud butt in the heat by stuffing some tp or pt between your ass cheeks during the day

I couldn't live without paper towels 2bh

I can not tell you how many fucking Americans I have met who are obsessed with paper towels. They treat them like some sort of holy relic. I know you other Americans know someone like this,

They are really OCD about the paper towels, they all have to be put in 1 specific place, you can not "waste" the paper towels, it's just ridiculous...

They treat paper towels like it's fucking gold. I'm serious.

Youropoor, bitches about paper towels and were stupid enough to give us their own self defense against tyranny( guns) . Don’t act like you morons exhibit common sense when it comes to what a persons should and shouldn’t use.

They'll actually yell at you for wasting the paper towels or not using them til they are 100% used (whatever the fuck that means)

>use something to clean up a mess and throw it out
>use the same thing over and over again that will never fully be clean no matter how much you clean it creating petri dish of super diseases that will kill everyone

Good to hear that you Yuropoors have learned your place.

Attached: 1529435311587.jpg (924x520, 536K)

Paper towels are like magic, and they're so satisfying to use. If you don't use paper towels you're missing out big time.

You guys. Fucking KEK

What part of I don't want to wash it every day did you miss?

>do any of you use rags?
Of course but I use organic cleaners and paper towels for immediate need in food areas. I'll stretch three half sheets of paper for my modest kitchen and it's countertop.

I use rags for anything involving oil and greasing, wall wiping, sponges in the bathroom. Tho sometimes if I use a potential cleaner for the shitter or tough stains on the sink I'll burn paper towels. I just don't want heavy chemical cleaners in my washer.

I use a sponge tyoe mop just for walls, usually with bleach or ammonia, I have a floor mop and one indoor broom and two outdoor ones. I have a fuxk ton of microfiber for every not wall or food area. Those are of course washed as needed.

Windows I use the weekly free Boise Weekly since it's an leftist piece of shit waste destined for the garbage anyways.

I have 4 people in the house, 7yo girl, 2yo boy and me and my lady. I recycle and have about one bag of trash for the week.

I'll use paper towels as I see fit. Might use some more just out of spite.

Attached: 51aDY0GFhIL.jpg (362x500, 34K)

There are more trees on earth today than any point in human history.

washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/09/02/scientists-discover-that-the-world-contains-dramatically-more-trees-than-previously-thought/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.22b85db73e2b

Attached: 1548140083493.jpg (678x960, 92K)

My wife will give me shit for not buying the "select-a-size" towels. Because using a full size normal cheap paper towel is wasteful. So she likes being able to have the choice in how much paper she uses.

We let these women vote.

reading comprehension isnt so great:

>We can now say that there’s less trees than at any point in human civilization,” says Thomas Crowther, a postdoctoral researcher at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies who is the lead author on the research. “Since the spread of human influence, we’ve reduced the number almost by half, which is an astronomical thing.”