/Peterson vs. Zizek/ OFFICIAL thread 6

OFFICIAL THREAD: For the Peterson vs. Zizek Philosophy Debate Today at 7:30pm (EST) Toronto, Canada.

twitch.tv/mawmaws

youtube.com/watch?v=1Q46AoR80M4

Attached: C1270FE0-3185-44C7-A0CB-3B72F13F747F.jpg (1800x850, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkMgO9re4Ho
strawpoll.me/17849356
youtube.com/watch?v=WGRC5AA1wF0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

firsts for zizek wins

This is way better than I expected tbqhwyf

NAZBOL GANG RELEASE FROM YOUR CHAINS

Attached: giphy.gif (320x198, 561K)

Here's Sam Hyde's take on the whole thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkMgO9re4Ho

Attached: download (21).jpg (1000x1000, 203K)

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other — Bourgeoisie and Proletariat.

The joke in all of this is that both of them are probably the most well known philosopher minds we have right now.
Who else do we have? Neolib Jews like Chomsky?

Attached: Cole_Thomas_The_Course_of_Empire_Desolation_1836.jpg (1280x796, 218K)

YAAAAAAASSSSSS TRANNYBROS WE'RE COLONIZING Jow Forums ZIZEK IS BASED

Attached: 1554063129736.png (954x1157, 105K)

Why would you want to be poor though?

HOW LONG AGO DID THIS START?

wins what? he hasn't defended Marxism for a second

Friendly reminder stalin did nothing wrong

started off cringy, but its getting better.

based zizek is running circles around him, this psychologist needs to stay in his lane.

BASED ZIZEK QUOTING HIMMLER

Attached: 1525172711789.png (275x280, 40K)

What the fuck is he talking about?

Attached: i_dun_gehtuh.png (644x745, 229K)

>Peterson admits he's not for individuality, but for individual responsibility for his surroundings and for collective society
>Żiżek quotes Himmler
>twice
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Attached: 1550866880186.jpg (1024x892, 96K)

waiting for the 16 year old ancap Discord incels to defend daddy Peterson's incoherent ramblings

Himler made a decent point

>"Nameless marxists did this to our society, goy. They are our enemies. They want to divide us"

Attached: 02-og.jpg (500x334, 39K)

by identifying with them, he might as well be. People have to be held accountable for their optics.

So who won Jow Forums?

Attached: D502B318-8331-4633-AC62-8AFEE30F751C.jpg (640x462, 41K)

TFW Jow Forums loves eating its own so much that it sides with a commie over a conservative that shilled "cultural marxism" into the mainstream.

Well done lads, you've become as self destructive as the left.

>himmler quotes
very good slavoj

Attached: himmler_by_derweissteufel.jpg (360x435, 107K)

>commies pretending to understand a single sentence zizek is vomiting ITT
biggest laugh I've had all night

I mean, he clearly hadn't actually read any Marxist literature

for one the point isn't that rich people are evil, the point is that the capitalist class, that is e.g. stockholders whos main wealth is through absentee ownership of companies, is parasitic, unnecessary.

The other point is his weird misinterpretation of profit. Profit isn't bad because its unequal, Marxists claim its bad because of the LTV, that is the argument that a surplus value is extracted from the difference between wage and value, with the argument that value is determined primarily by labour.

He needs to read the Marxists to critique the Marxist theory in any meaningful manner.

OH NO NO NO NO

People that are already poor want to be 2% better off and plunge everyone else to their level.

Peterson is not a fucking conservative bud

(you)

3 hours ago

Dugan

wow thanks zizek for pointing out that religion can end up making people do bad things. STOP THE PRESSES

Discord Trannies represent!

OFFICIAL POLL OF WHO'S OURGUY

strawpoll.me/17849356

strawpoll.me/17849356

strawpoll.me/17849356

strawpoll.me/17849356

strawpoll.me/17849356

the jews organizing this t hing

You act like them having names would matter.

clean your room

>all those soys laughing at a serious moment.

I hate philosophy fanboys.

idióta

Dugin*

zizek won pretty hands down.

>schlurp schlurp
>licks lips
>"PROFIT ISH THEFT"
>audience cheers and applauds
HONK HONK

Come get your redpills, faggot

>"the left is an echochamber"

>"the left eats itself!!"

Attached: 600x600.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Don't be afraid to think.

Why even bother with the Capitalism v. Marxism label? Zizek gave basically all his ground immediately if they actually agreed to that topic ahead of time.
>also put Happiness as the main title
>they both immediately claim happiness isn't the goal

Attached: BREAKING NEWS.jpg (400x400, 54K)

why is a psychologist defending capitalism

Keep saying it and maybe it'll be true!

Don't be afraid to think.

Laughing is a natural response to distress.

He said unironically.

It's finally over

are we purity spiralling for conservatism now? Seriously seeing how this board has become is a total blackpill. No one wants to win anymore, just want to tear everything down

Fuck this shit Peterson has no conclusion and at least Zizek has one.

No Q&A???

BASED ZIZEK
ONE DAY THE LIBERALS WILL UNDERSTAND

5000 thousand for this stream
big event guys

Attached: 346734734.jpg (500x477, 90K)

this
ticket prices were abysmal

"I hope they leave this debate with-" *stream cuts out*
was he gonna shill his book?

wait what is this the end/?

>ITS NICE THAT YOU SURVIVED THIS

>SORRY GOY WE CAN'T LET YOU HEAR THE END OF THIS ONE

Attached: stereotype-Jew.jpg (622x477, 88K)

He was better prepared in the first part, reading from a paper rather than going off-the-cuff, and he's comes off as more experienced in this format. But I think Peterson did fine overall and sounded reasonable.

is zizek a fascist?

jbp walked away as the bigger man here, hands down

Was that it? That was boring as fuck

>people spent hundreds of dollars to watch this tripe

Seriously, why can't that retard just talk properly?
It can't be that hard, has he even tried?

because he needs to sell more books about cleaning your room to his audience of supporters who use him
as a surrogate father

pretty good grift tbqh

it's been an incredibly judeo-christian dialogue indeed

wotking other stream

youtube.com/watch?v=WGRC5AA1wF0&feature=youtu.be

Peterson was really not the right guy for this debate.

but he isn't a conservative
ironically he himself is a post-modernist.

It wasn't a competition.

is it done?

So we should be ideologues? Fuck that. JBP is a hack and a pseudo-intellectual with a hilariously massive ego. Even though I don't agree with communism because people will always be inherently lazy fucks, I can still respect zizek's ability to substantiate his beliefs. JBP is a fuckin mess.

fuck this stalinist moderator why they can't aimlessly babble the whole night

He was just critical of the hypocrisy and stupidity of faggots that idolize eastern mysticism and shit on western religious values

Zizek has no arguments, Peterson has no interest. This is a retarded debate.

everyone is a fascist

There never was any winning, user.
You can only lose slower, and we don't have that kind of time.

as if Peterstein won the debate LMAO

peterson: so the power of comunication...
zizek: if you are a leftist don't feel the need to be politically correct, don't be afraid to think
so who really won Jow Forums?

>feed cuts

Attached: download.jpg (238x212, 7K)

>Peterson sounded reasonable

WHO ARE THESE MARXISTS????????

he got owned in one question, discord incel

ONE THING I DONT KNOW WHY IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER HOW HARDYOU TRY

"Trump is not a fascist" Based Zizek! Great BTFO to the Libertarian Left.

Attached: 1550433090328.png (900x900, 299K)

(((THEY))) shut it down

my iq is 75 and i dont understand anything zizek was talking about
were they actually discussing marxism or capitalism? it seemed like they both just babbled

THREADLY REMINDER ON DETERMING WHO'S WINNING:

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SAY WHO "WINS" AND WHO "LOSES":

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER:

WHAT ARE THE POINTS OF STASIS, THE MAIN ISSUES BEING CONTENDED?

WHICH CLAINS AND SUPPORT FOR THEIR SIDE OF THE ISSUE HAVE BEEN MADE FOR BY COCAINEK AND BETERSON?

HOW DO YOU WEIGH THESE CLAIMS AGAINST ONE ANOTHER TO JUSTIFY YOUR BELIEF THAT ONE OR THE OTHER IS WINNING?

unless you can answer these questions all you're saying is the one whose cock you drool over the most wins. not serious. makes you a homo. learn to debate.

an atheist ultraindividualistic canadian is not right to spread right-wing ideas? who would have thunk

I think the twitch stream had the final thoughts, but when i switched i got to see them walk off stage

Attached: 1551553949573.jpg (650x1024, 95K)

They both completely failed to argue the pros/cons of Capitalism / Marxism in reaching happiness. They managed to agree to a framework for happiness then Peterson shit on Cultural Marxism, Zizek shit on Cultural Marxism and argued the semantics of Marxist/Hegelian beliefs and both agreed on Capitalist failures.

How are all of you all interpreting this as somehow antagonistic or a competition? They are literally just talking casually and passionately while trying to figure out where their differences lie and the extent of their knowledge. It's chill and intimate to see the way they are attempting to teach each other and to discuss where they see society struggling. It's pretty heartwarming.

Zizek because he actually came to talk while peterson just babbled his usual talking points.

and that’s a good thing

holy shit that was a bad ending
if they had to end exactly at this point they could've pushed the audience questions a little earlier...

Fucking end gets UFC'ed.