Emergency communications

In the event of political turmoil or social unrest, communications are key. Having multiple ways to connect with emergency services and others is crucial when conventional communications systems are inoperable.

One of these ways, is morse code. A universal, low power method of communication perfect for low power rigs wanting to cover a long distance.

This website is a great resource to learn and hone your code skills. morsecode.me/?room=1

Id love to have some other Jow Forumsacks to chat with and to help revive this useful but dying alphabet.

Attached: morse.png (347x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLp3My8jUvo
tinhatranch.com/how-to-build-a-qfh-quadrifilar-helix-antenna-to-download-images-from-weather-satellites/#.Vso4apMrJBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I learned Morse code 30 years ago.
Fired up my HF rig, looked for contacts, but listened first.
Bunch of old men talking about their prostate and liver problems.
Shut down rig, forgot Morse code, no one to talk to.

- o
o o
- - o
- - o
o
o - o
>al i need for apocalypse shitposting

Basically summed up all HAM bands lol. Making contacts is still fun though.

IC-7851
>150 Ah LiFePo battery reserve
>Solar chargers
>Dual Fuel 9000 watt genny
>Several 2M/440 radios
>Quadrifilar helix antenna hooked to an SDR to get satellite weather images
>All my gear is shielded to a minimum EMI of -92 dB, well within the max EMI of a Carrington Event
>Can do Morse at 22 WPM

I'm good

Attached: battlestation.jpg (1100x825, 176K)

I'm a poor student without boomer money so getting gear is slow and shiity.

Do you use NOAA or Meteor for weather?

Funny . I was thinking about morse code today and how it could be encoded in the Schumann resonance to send any cosmic message if anyone can control it with the mind.

Attached: red-dot.png (595x396, 97K)

NOAA mostly. I'll use METEOR-2 when bad weather is predicted around here for the sake of more data points.

Id love to make a set up that does it automatically, but not sure how to do it.

Is this Loss?

Three programs: SDR#, WXtoIMG, and Virtual Audio Cable. I recommend the RTL-SDR 3.0 dongle ($25) over NooElec and a QH Antenna is maybe $14 to build.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLp3My8jUvo

I have a dongle but ill check out that software, Thanks,

You're welcome. I strongly suggest a quadrifilar helix antenna for this. This one is the proper 1/4 wavelength for the NOAA birds: tinhatranch.com/how-to-build-a-qfh-quadrifilar-helix-antenna-to-download-images-from-weather-satellites/#.Vso4apMrJBw

I memorized morse code because I'm an aviation autist and VOR stations, ILS and NDB beacons will broadcast their identifier in morse code, but beyond thatI doubt it has much use in the real world. Even though I can identify a letter at a time I can't make out letters for shit.

also lol at the poltard messages on that site

You also need to pass a 5 WPM code test to use HF in Canada

this works great for moving birds, especially noaa

Morse known as CW (continuous wave) is still very popular, it can be sent and received using simple computer programs or hand keyed. did 10 QSO (conversations) in the last hour.

inb4, the convo are.some basic stuff but also talk to friends with it...

o - - - -
o o o - -
o o o o o
- - - - -

The weather birds are really the only sats I've messed with. I've been wanting to try to contact ISS when it's in range, but haven't gotten around to trying.

• • - •
• • -
- • - •
- • -

- • - -
- - -
• • -

• - • •

• -
• • - •
• - • - • -

--- .--. .. ... .- ..-. .- --. --. --- - -... ..- - --- .--. ... - .. .-.. .-.. -.. . .-.. .. ...- . .-. ...