1/

1/

>Scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have found that when just 10 percent of the population holds an unshakable belief, their belief will always be adopted by the majority of the society.

>"When the number of committed opinion holders is below 10 percent, there is no visible progress in the spread of ideas. It would literally take the amount of time comparable to the age of the universe for this size group to reach the majority," said SCNARC Director Boleslaw Szymanski, the Claire and Roland Schmitt Distinguished Professor at Rensselaer. "Once that number grows above 10 percent, the idea spreads like flame."

Source: archive.fo/gvLgs

2/

>President Donald Trump moves out of his difficult Charlottesville week and into his national address on Afghanistan policy tonight with a poor but stable job performance rating and still-weaker grades for his handling of the neo-Nazi-fueled unrest – with vast gaps across groups.

>Additionally, 9 percent in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll call it acceptable to hold neo-Nazi or white supremacist views, equivalent to about 22 million Americans. A similar number, 10 percent, say they support the so-called alt-right movement

Source: archive.fo/ywcoL

Discuss

Attached: qt314.jpg (480x390, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326433/
wikihow.fitness/Do-Phimosis-Stretching
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tl;dr:
>10% is the tipping point at which the spread of an idea becomes unstoppable. At 10% the belief is guaranteed to eventually become majority opinion.
>Polling from 2017 suggests that alt right ideas (race realism, gender realism, ethno-nationalism, stopping white genocide etc.) are accepted by around 10% of the population of the united states

Bump

My unshakable belief
>pic related

Attached: 6irqpqa_d (2).jpg (640x1493, 137K)

Seems tomorrow really belongs to me ... :)

Attached: the_sound_of_Anschluss.jpg (960x960, 245K)

very interesting
like the flat earthers i guess and the antvaxxers?

I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time. Good to see you still around.

Yes, but the people who don't yet believe in such things, but could eventually; they don't actually move to change their views until their lives have been disrupted beyond simple repair (e.g The Great Depression). As long as people have their 'Bread and Circuses', nothing will change.

But then there's the issue of social tabboo as well. I might hold my beliefs with utter conviction, but I would literally be driven from society and potentially arrested if I uttered them in public. So once again the risk has to be outweighed by the benefit, which just won't happen until the economy collapses.

Literally everything hinges on social and economic disruption.

Thx, fren! I wörk a lot recently. Also spend a lot of time on business travel and many hotel WIFIs block Jow Forums ...

Attached: ambition_intensifies.jpg (513x614, 83K)

we don't need to spread any message, the antiwhite media have woken up millions this year alone.

It does seems like the flat earth movement and the antivaxxers are growing. They're a lot larger now than they were five years ago. I'm gonna guess that they are each well below 10% though

This is quite interesting.

Final bump

>An important aspect of the finding is that the percent of committed opinion holders required to shift majority opinion does not change significantly regardless of the type of network in which the opinion holders are working. In other words, the percentage of committed opinion holders required to influence a society remains at approximately 10 percent, regardless of how or where that opinion starts and spreads in the society.

One of the conclusions of the study is that the connections between nodes in the network has no effect on their main result. In other words, no amount of censorship can prevent the idea from spreading once it reaches the tipping point.

10% seems really low to be a tipping point to total societal acceptance

Interesting

Attached: 1504250494064.png (938x976, 1.06M)

and how does it reach 10% ?
i don't really think an opinion come with 10% of the population holding this opnion at first time!

10% is 30 million Americans. That's a lot of fucking pissed off people.

They say it only takes 10% of a population to start a revolution.

>>"When the number of committed opinion holders is below 10 percent, there is no visible progress in the spread of ideas. It would literally take the amount of time comparable to the age of the universe for this size group to reach the majority," said SCNARC Director Boleslaw Szymanski, the Claire and Roland Schmitt Distinguished Professor at Rensselaer. "Once that number grows above 10 percent, the idea spreads like flame."
lolwut? how the fuck do you grow to 10% if it would LITERALLY take as long as the age of the universe to grow to 51% at the same rate?
This makes zero fucking sense

Based

It means that a small group (under 10%) cannot reach the tipping point, in their model at least, just by talking to other people. Something has to happen outside the system that increases the group's size to 10%.

In the case of the alt-right, this was probably the 2015 migrant crisis. The migrant crisis brought large numbers of people over to the right and pushed them up to the 10% threshold.

Fun Fact: I developed and designed RPI's online/distance learning program and courses in the early 00's. I'm positive it's changed since then but it's cool seeing their name here. InB4 Boomer, Gen-X faggot

Attached: 1552635165056.gif (360x250, 984K)

been saying it for a while now but:

I don't believe in WWIII ever happening.
There is no WWIII liberals will simply give up and NatSoc will win without more than a few getting punched in the head.

Literally, the meme of punching a nazi will come become a joke. It will come to mean that you're full of empty threats and are ultimately weak and unable to put up any real opposition. For example, some loser might go on about the things he should have done or said before being fired for incompetence. The person hearing this story will roll their eyes. "Even if you'd have done any of that, it would have been like punching a Nazi. You'd still be here at the bar, broke and unemployed."

The Jews won't be able to put up much resistance once the NatSoc is half established. Since there won't be a USSR or America doing their bidding. Russia, China, America and Europe will all be on similar pages. So the rest of the world will fall within 2-3 years divided up among them. If WWIII would be fighting a bear this will be more like mowing a lawn at night with mosques biting you. The majority of the resistance will be freedom fighters and insurgents once most of the land is taken but since Africa and the middle east will be targeted for depopulation and population replacement this won't be much of a problem.

Sadly, the left has weakened the world so much that there will be no great glorious war to be fought and won.

>"When the number of committed opinion holders is below 10 percent, there is no visible progress in the spread of ideas. It would literally take the amount of time comparable to the age of the universe for this size group to reach the majority," said SCNARC Director Boleslaw Szymanski, the Claire and Roland Schmitt Distinguished Professor at Rensselaer. "Once that number grows above 10 percent, the idea spreads like flame."

10% of natsocs when?

This is true.
If it weren't it wouldn't be possible to cure phimosis without circumcision.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326433/

wikihow.fitness/Do-Phimosis-Stretching

This would only make sense in an ethnically homogeneous society. There are too many non-Whites in America who would never accept these beliefs.

>This would only make sense in an ethnically homogeneous society.
This means that among whites, it's even greater than 10%

Last time a World War happened

>This means that among whites, it's even greater than 10%
This means that once immigration reaches 10% Islam, it's over.

Attached: 1510805517269.jpg (865x1181, 281K)

Heed this warning.

Evola was right

Do not look to the east as a bastion from the modern decay of the west.

What the west is going through now is just starting to wind up and begin here.

You are much better off in your homeland. The cycle will finish sooner there and you can rebuild.

Hell is just starting over here.

Luckily Japanese are high IQ so my only hope is they can see the example of the west laid out to them. But the inevitability of the cycle scares me.

From what I've seen of the Japanese they are quite collectivists. This could be seen in imperial japan where soldiers would rather kill themselfes then surrender. Endless loyalty to the emperor was simply replaced with liberal capitalism and now we have salarymen overworling themselfes