Why does America have so many fat people?

Genuine question, I’m from Canada and I travelled to Florida and the amount of fat people here is insane. I thought it was just meme but damn there are actually so many fat people. The skinny ones are tourists like me.

Attached: 73ED3779-055A-4F0B-8D92-A1E7564A3170.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

It varies by location.

not Jow Forums

The simplest answer is Corn Syrup being used for everything.
More indirectly, we have no real values save for consumerism--and fat fucks consume a lot.

First off this Secondly I am not sure actually. I think they genuinely don't know HOW to eat healthy most of the time. Legit had a 24yo woman tell me eating healthy is expensive because you have to buy organic shit like no bitch just because your Oreos ® are organic doesn't mean they're healthy. Also she is a complete fucking moron and ran so much she permanently damaged her knee because she thought running was how you lose weight.

Look she was actually one of the stupidest people I have met but she was a senior in college and worked in the same tech support job. So make of that what you may.

Attached: 1561578345427.jpg (602x602, 125K)

laziness. There really is no excuse. Just laziness

Different Canada fag but
We literally eat all the same food as you.
I've been the states enough times to expand on what you're saying and say it's more portions and prices.
Restaurants are way cheaper, you get a lot more food, and truth is when my GF and I go to the states were after your Wal Mart because of your unbelievably large selection of snacks for the ridiculously low prices.
It seems like it's actually cheaper to eat like trash there.

corn syrup isn’t bad for you

>seems like it's actually cheaper to eat like trash there
This is why most of the fat people are poorer

Giant fucking portion sizes of fatty, sugary foods are what we have eaten in this country since its inception

According to wikipedia’s Body Mass Index the average American weighs 3 kilos more than the average Canadian.

The reason you saw so many fat people is because you went into a popular tourist destination. Florida is the retirement state. Fat / old / rich people go there from all over the country. Not every state is like Florida.

Where I live in the north we don’t get much tourism. The places people want to see require hiking so most people are in good shape. The only place you see fat people is in big cities, at grocery stores.

Fat people aren’t common in rural areas. There are 50 states, each one is the size of a European country, can you name them all? How many have you been to? Have you been anywhere that isn’t a tourist trap? The average american isn’t on vacation, we’re working all over the country in places you would never visit.

>t. corn farmer
In all seriousness, though, it's like said.
The government gives huge subsidies to our farmers, which drives down the cost of putting a lot of sweeteners in everything, hence you get easy access to food.

>Fat people aren’t common in rural areas. There are 50 states, each one is the size of a European country, can you name them all? How many have you been to? Have you been anywhere that isn’t a tourist trap? The average american isn’t on vacation, we’re working all over the country in places you would never visit.

That doesn't change the fact that USA are one of the fatter nations of Earth.

The overweight percentages for the overall US population are higher reaching 39.4% in 1997, 44.5% in 2004,[4] 56.6% in 2007,[5] and 63.8% (adults) and 17% (children) in 2008.[6][7] In 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported higher numbers once more, counting 65.7% of American adults as overweight, and 17% of American children, and according to the CDC, 63% of teenage girls become overweight by age 11.[8] In 2013 the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found that 57.6% of American citizens were overweight or obese. The organization estimates that 3/4 of the American population will likely be overweight or obese by 2020.[9] 2014 figures from the CDC found that more than one-third (36.5%) of U.S. adults age 20 and older[10] and 17% of children and adolescents aged 2–19 years were obese.

Consumerist cattle
MOOOOOOOOO

High Fructose Corn Syrup.

>corn syrup isn’t bad for you

Haha Cargill shill detected

It's cheaper and easier to eat like shit here. Restaurants give gigantic portions, fast food joints shill mass amounts of sugar, and nutritional education is wrapped up in and bogged down by fad diets. Meat in particular is extremely cheap and often very fatty/pumped full of hormones, and milk is the same. Most folks don't know how to cook because why would they ever learn when they can just pop a Lean Cuisine (or two, or three) into the micro, or heat up a can of Chef Boyardee on the stove?

It's trash.

This is a complicated question, but it boils down to the very culture we have regarding food. At the turn of the 20th century, industrialization removed large groups of people from personal food production, and this trend has only grown significantly, meaning we are dependent on food market trends and food suppliers. The Great Depression caused all future generations to be raised with the core ideology of "finish your plate," because they lived in a time where it mattered, which persists today with large portioned, high calorie foods. Add in the post-WWII consumerist nightmare that has never stopped and only escalated, and you'll understand that Americans need a full pantry or a full fridge and feel a need to have a bunch of fattening shit "in case." Throw in a bit of long working hours for the past two generations so everyone forgot how to cook because they didn't get those skills from their parents, while also trained to eat their meals in less than 30 minutes since birth and till death, and not enough hours in the day or education on how to shop, cook, and manage time, and you already have a recipe for a mass obesity crisis. Now add in the recent addition involving a dramatic increase in portion sizes, more addictive ingredients, and multi-billion marketing campaigns put on children at birth, and it isn't surprising that everyone is so much fatter than average. Oh, and don't forget, the US is so large, driving is usually the only way to get around if you're not in the city, and a lot of jobs today are sedentary.

Fixing the obesity crisis would require telling companies to pay their workers more for less hours and giving them longer lunch breaks. This will only work if we educate all children on the skills of nutrition and cooking, meaning a refocus away from test scores. It would require specific funding delegated to poorer areas so they can teach the more affected children these skills. Since that is up to the state, poor kids, predominantly black, and their families will not receive this change as well, which is where the crux of the obesity epidemic lies because black people are retards.

tl;dr The American obesity crisis has no easy explanation or solution, mind your business you fucking dumb tourist

>fuck off leaf
this

lulz