Alright lads, I'm determined to give the Bible a full read through. What's your preferred translation and why?

Alright lads, I'm determined to give the Bible a full read through. What's your preferred translation and why?

Pic related - leaning towards the ESV.

Attached: IMG_0713.jpg (1222x842, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greekbible.com/index.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_/_Greek_Orthodox_Bible
amazon.com/EOB-Orthodox-Testament-Patriarchal-extensive/dp/148191765X/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexham_English_Bible
lexhampress.com/products/36588/the-lexham-english-septuagint
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Study_Bible
amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/
isr-messianic.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
amazon.com/KJV-New-Defenders-Study-Bible/dp/0529121638
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like esv.

Attached: translations4.png (798x465, 33K)

Attached: translations2.png (798x492, 28K)

greekbible.com/index.php

The least bullshit edition. Ignore the translations and study Koine Greek on your own. That prevents the "translators" from taking too many liberties with the connotations.

this. ESV is probably best of the lot of modern translations in terms of accuracy and non-christcvckery

for the Old Testament, you pretty much have to go with the Tanakh.

Don't start on genesis. Start on the new testament, then do the old testament. Otherwise you will kill yourself with bordeom on the genealogy

I like KJV the best beecause it is very poetic and pleasing to the ears. But it is a bit slower of a read.

Attached: translations3.png (798x465, 21K)

Yup. This is where you have to go for the New Testament.

Attached: translations1.png (798x687, 28K)

Attached: translations5.png (798x460, 22K)

just read the king james version because erasmus and robert tindale were burned at the stake by the catholic church for making it available to christians.
people think catholics are real christians when they dont even realize they used to burn christians at the stake for teaching their children how to read the bible.
dont listen to any modern translation as they are all funded by rothchilds.

Attached: scoffields bible poisoned by rothchilds.png (658x431, 27K)

Attached: Navarre.jpg (384x499, 32K)

I recommend KJV, everything else is subverted. To find out why, compare Samuel 12:31 to all versions on biblehub.com. then ask yourself: who uses a saw by getting underneath it?

Kjv is the only non corrupted English translation. Every other translation was created by Satanists perverting the truth. All other versions, including the NEW KJV question or outright deny the deity of Jesus. Be careful

>OG textus receptus before the bible was corrupted by monarchs and bishops
>input from John Calvin
>loved by the puritans
>"upon this rock, I shall build my congregation"
>inspiration from the martyrs like Tyndale.

Attached: 9780975484661-us.jpg (343x500, 30K)

Download E-Sword at E-Sword.net and download the following Bibles
1) KJV
2) KJV+ (So you can see with your own eyes all the concordance translations hyperlinked in a box.)(You will see rather quickly which Bibles mistranslate)
3) The New Jerusalem Bible (There is no version of the Jerusalem Bible)
4) TS2009 (Use this for the New testement) (If it is too hard, fall back on the New Jeruslaem Bible)
5) Lexham Bible (This is what you want to use 100% for the Old testement) It is the Septuigent.

As for PHYSICAL bibles
For the Old testement get a Spetuigent
The best are (in order)

Eastern / Greek Orthodox Bible (2007) (26.99)
Is based on the Greek text of the Old Testament (Septuagint / LXX) with all major Masoretic and Dead Sea Scroll variants documented in the footnotes.
All English on one page.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_/_Greek_Orthodox_Bible
amazon.com/EOB-Orthodox-Testament-Patriarchal-extensive/dp/148191765X/

The Lexham English Septuagint (2007)($24.95)
Laid out like a modern Bible. One column with text.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexham_English_Bible
lexhampress.com/products/36588/the-lexham-english-septuagint
Free download within E-Sword (www.e-sword.net/)

Orthodox Study Bible (2008)($41.42)
Is an eclectic text combining elements of the Greek Septuagint and the Hebrew Masoretic Text
Bottom half of pages are commentary. There is an English only version.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Study_Bible
amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/

For the New Testament get
1) The Jerusalem Bible (Gotta buy it on Amazon)
Do not buy the New Jerusalem bible, it uses inclusive language.
This bible is 100% translated directly from Greek and is very easy to understand in it's transliterated format.
2) The Scriptures 2009
isr-messianic.org/
The is the LITERAL translation from the Greek 100%. It's more difficult to understand, because it changes no words.

TLDR the Jerusalum Bible

Attached: The Jerusalem Bible.jpg (839x1271, 157K)

Pic related. Read left. Right if you can't be bothered to learn Koine Greek.

Attached: Screenshot_20190422-005902_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 861K)

OP here,

Seems a lot of you are advocates for the KJV. I'll admit - I've made an attempt at a full read through before using the KJV but I felt that I just wasn't fully comprehending what I was reading. I figured I'd try with a more modern translation for comprehension before going back to the KJV.

Attached: p10105621.jpg (748x421, 163K)

King James Bible Only
I can't stress this enough
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Make sure you read a Septuagint for the OT.
Here is one of 100s of examples why.

Luke 4, KJV:

>And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised

Isaiah 61, KJV:

>The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound

Isaiah 61, Septuagint:

>The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me; he has sent me to preach glad tidings to the poor, to heal the broken in heart, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind;

So who is wrong here? Was it Jesus who quoted a line that isn't in the MT? Why would Jesus quote the Septuagint if it wasn't correct? Or why is the verse that Jesus quotes incorrectly preserved in the MT and conflicts with what he said? Interesting conundrum for our KJV onlyist friends.

>I've made an attempt at a full read through before using the KJV but I felt that I just wasn't fully comprehending what I was reading.
Use a dictionary.

The Greek Septuagint version of the Old Covenant which was the Scripture in use in 30 AD and from which Jesus and the disciples quoted. The Septuagint is a Greek translation from the Paleo Hebrew Old Covenant books. Whenever there is a controversial passage in the King James Version, a more correct scriptural translation can usually be found in the English version of the Greek Septuagint. The reason for this is all English Bible translations, including the KJV are derived primarily from the Masoretic supplied text. This Late Hebrew language (1000 AD) version of the Old Covenants has a built-in Jewish (Edomite) bias that the Septuagint (265 BC) does not. Actually, bias is putting it politely. The Jewish scribes who created the Masoretic text (generally accepted as being compiled between 700-1000 AD) completely changed, shuffled pages and timelines, and removed (or inserted) some of the words, passages, and meanings of the original Hebrew text. The evidence of this is in the copies of the Greek Septuagint still in existence today and many of the quotes from the New Covenant by the apostles that are in the oldest manuscripts.
1 of 2

The Israelite translators of the original Paleo Hebrew into the Greek Septuagint made a true copy of what we call the Old Covenant. These are the Scripture Jesus and the disciples used and they were used for several hundred years AD by early Christians. The creation of the Greek Septuagint version of the original Hebrew text was commissioned by Ptolemy Philadelphus, the Greek king of Egypt at the time when Eleazer was High Priest of Judah, around 260 BC.

The Septuagint was translated from the original Paleo-Hebrew text by 72 Judahite, Israelite, and Levite scribes (not racial Edomite-Jews). This special commission of scribes knew the importance of "getting it right" for future generations. Supposedly it only took them 72 days and they were all in agreement as to their Greek translation. The Greek language was then the common language of "the world" in that era.

The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and hundreds of other New Covenant scrolls and manuscripts in the last 100 years confirms the Masoretic text is extremely and deliberately corrupt. For example, in Cave 4 at Qumran, a very ancient Paleo-Hebrew copy of Jeremiah was found which agrees almost entirely with the Greek Septuagint version. It is very different from the modern day Hebrew Masoretic Text of Jeremiah. The oldest Old Covenant Books found with the Dead Sea Scrolls matches or nearly so the Septuagint text, but not the Masoretic. The oldest manuscripts known of the Apostles writings also reveal the Catholic Church and other translators have added text that is not found in these earliest writings. Since 95% of all Bibles today are still based on the Masoretic supplied manuscripts (Old and some New Covenant versions) with changes only in phraseology (political corrections) and style, the false insertions and errors remain, and thus wrong doctrines continue in the "Christian" faith.

This is the definitive copy that btfo's all other interpretations of the scriptures outside of a literal creationists point of view. It's backed by science and is worth every penny.

amazon.com/KJV-New-Defenders-Study-Bible/dp/0529121638