Guns

Dear Jow Forums,

I am moving to DC for a PhD program. I am wondering what gun is best for self defense. Any suggestions? How dangerous is DC?

Attached: bill.png (600x456, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm
youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc
youtube.com/watch?v=wqLKmVxb4WY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crossbow, or if you have the fortitude and dexterity, a compound bow.
Any firearm you have has to be registered in DC, so they'll know you have it.

Attached: 1504010623191.gif (420x336, 2.11M)

Ar-15

Can you drive a tank?

Attached: gangs_got_guns.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

What about handguns?

Why do Americans allow this

Depends on the street honestly. Every other street could be a shithole or a rich street. Just get a 9 or a 40. Get your concealed carry. Illegal to open carry. Learn the laws. If you're in nova, who cares. Carry an ar15. Good luck bro, it's expensive as fuck.

I think DC has very strict handgun laws, amd firearms in general. Best to consult the law if you wanna cuck out or go the chad way and carry an illegal handgun, just know there are consequences to that, but if you pick the latter I’d go with a .40cal handgun. I personally like the M&P40 shield. It’s compact, reliable, and reasonably pricedp

>allow

Attached: leaf.jpg (480x356, 29K)

dey good boys goin 2 church

I grew up near Detroit. DC isnt scary at all to me. Just don't be walking around in alleys at 2am in shady places and you're fine.

Don't worry user you will be safe
the DC police are trained by Israeli special forces.

Attached: israel-us-militarized-police-1505420202.jpg (1440x720, 375K)

What neighborhood? Move to Fox Hall or Palisades if you can afford it.

Before you move to DC, make large purchases from a fertilizer company near where you live. Google as much shit as you can on chemistry. Move there with a Uhaul.

I promise I wouldn't give you bad advice.
Also, glowies, this is a board of peace. Only a moron would take anything stated here seriously.

Not us but our ruling class. They maintain a population of niggers to antagonize the middle class and the working poor. There is no hope.

A 22 with high mag capacity and fits well in you hand.
Untill you can bullseye at 25 feet 90% of the time, all the stopping power in the world isn't going to mean shit when you can't hit a moving target whose under threat

>DC
your hands

DC resident here. It's really neighborhood by neighborhood.

Anacostia, in the Southeast, is the worst part of the city. It's a full-blown ghetto. Crime actually isn't that bad because police finally cracked down on it, but culturally it's still ghetto as fuck.

The Southeast, on the other side of the bridge away from Anacostia, is actually really nice, so you could consider going there.

Arlington, Virginia in the Southwest is pretty much a poor white area, but it's safe, as is the area around Georgetown.

If you live near the capital building, those neighborhoods are super nice and safe, but very expensive.

The far Northwest is extremely nice, but also pretty expensive.

The areas around Howard University and north of there start to get really dangerous and ghetto, and a lot of the people act like animals. Lots of violence and robberies. However, it's easy to get anywhere in the city from there, so if you feel like roughing it, that's a fine place to be.

The Northeast, near Maryland, is a black area, but it's actually a really safe part with good community. I get the feeling they're the blacks who were fed up with the ghetto bullshit from the animals in Anacostia and the central part of the city. It's really hard to get around from up there, but if you want somewhere quiet with nice people, it's a good option.

Thanks for the info ameribros. I heard hipsters buy revolvers? Why the fuck would anyone carry a revolver now unless they're a wild west grandpa or Ocelot?

kys

Revolvers are the fedoras of guns.

because if you shoot them the liberals get upset.

Don’t live IN d.c. live in Virginia and commute.
Go to Florida for a long enough vacation to get a conceal carry license.
Virginia honors out of state carry licenses.
Buy handgun.
DO NOT lie on a 4473.
You can privately purchase a weapon in a free state and bypass the 4473.
Stay safe and pray you never have to use it.

Thanks for the info Ameribros, I will try to spend some time at the gun range. I will keep these areas in mind while looking for an apartment, too.

It's pretty secure as big cities in the US go. Stay away from Southeast and PG County east of the district and you'll basically be fine. Never had an issue, but I only commute there. Besides, there are so many oblivious white liberals there just being a man aware of his surroundings will generally deter criminal types.

If you consider south east DC just do not go near Pennsylvania Avenue. Bus lines bring in all the Anacostia trash across the river.

I live in DC and the only way to avoid niggers is to buy your way away from them.
Step 1, don't be poor.

I got that impression. They seem very impractical to reload.

It really isn't bad if you just go to places other whites are. Chinatown is a shithole too by the way but worth going to see the black israelites

Thanks for the advice. I have money, so I should be able to find something moderately nice in DC.

Attached: tumblr_nmh10iHyhh1s4df8ko1_1280.png (886x1015, 1.07M)

Listen to this guy. It’s ok to have one if you wanna take it out to target shooting or a collectible, but as far as actual defense go with a mag-fed semi auto pistol, something from this era

Fedora.

Attached: 10BB1C20-CB73-4416-9A70-28D69ED1D0B3.gif (320x240, 6K)

A carry revolver is fedora tier but shooting one at the range makes you a better pistol shot.
A good carry is like what another user said
If you're going with a 9mm get hollow points

Dirt cheap and high capacity, but in a real situation you’re gonna need something stronger than that

stinky italian feet

But I’m not, I said 40

Get a single stack 9 and buy hollow points. Don’t buy +P or +P+ for a small gun, they are usually not designed for it. .40 is a meme cartridge and it’s expensive.
Glock has shitty triggers but they’re reliable. S&W is good enough. Get tritium (night) sights.

I shot a 357 revolver at a gun range in Canada and it was pretty fun. But I would definitely not rely on one for defense

Yes, revolvers are a fucking meme. Unless you’re clint eastwood get a fucking semi

Sorry I wasnt clear enough. I meant either get a 40 for stopping power, or a 9mm with hollows

>"Revolvers are the fedoras of guns."

But nothing is as classy as a Fedora and a revolver.

Attached: PicsArt_04-20-01.42.27.jpg (1631x1080, 66K)

imagine doing jail time for carrying your .22 into DC.
Protip, your Virginia Conceal Carry licence isnt good in Maryland or DC.

Attached: 1539985238884.jpg (960x720, 461K)

I would go with 9mm. But even if you choose .40, use hollow points. You should be using hollow points with any pistol caliber.

What do hollows do that make more difference in stopping power?

That’s a 444marlin BFR magnum. With a scope on it I dropped a 300lb bear at 100 yards. May not be a conceal Cary piece but as a nasty piece of work taking a target from concealment it’s a gem and hardly a meme.

you don't want a bullet to go through your enemy, you want it to deliver all the energy to them, preferably in hard to remove metal pieces..

Attached: Capture.jpg (1759x557, 69K)

What stupid advice, don’t listen to this retard leafbro. The more ammo you mag can hold the better, double stack mags have been around for a very long time and are just as reliable. As far as 9mm vs 40 yeah that’s your choice but I prefer 40 IMO

>some actually using trigger discipline
Well at least they're being careful in their coonery.

Attached: 1555611739021.png (686x417, 403K)

Bullshit. Virginia does not recognize out of state weapons permits. Fun fact, Virginia is a nanny state

The tips of the projectile are CNCed to have groves so when they enter the body they fan out in a cone, causing more cavitation. Unless your assailant is wearing armor, a single swell placed hollow in the torso will stop any man in his tracks

Take a course. NoVA has a shitload of exmil who run courses. Newfags should not CC. Also make sure you buy a good holster. You will probably have to dress differently to not print. Also, if you sweat a lot you WILL print (your pistol will be visible) and that can fuck up your whole day very quickly. Dress lightly.

It expands upon impact, so it transfers more of the energy to the target, and pretty much this

Revolvers are more fool-proof for rookies, more reliable, you take shells with you, not ejected..
Stay out of Prince Georges county. It's Africa now.

>cc a double stack
Fatass.

Oh it was no joke when it hit the targets. It absolutely shredded them. I actually liked the feel of the revolver because of how my hands are shaped. But the issue for me was the reload time. I could do it pretty fast, but definitely not quick if I was under pressure.

>stopping power
I wish this retarded meme would die. There is no such thing as "stopping power". All pistol calibers are equally crappy. You cannot get hydrostatic shock unless the bullet is going over 2400 feet per second. Anything under about 2400 fps is just going to tear a hole in the target. A 9mm hole is virtually identical to a .40 S&W hole which is 10mm. The hollow points expand to virtually identical diameters. Modern 9mm hollow points penetrate to the same optimal depth in ballistics gel as .40 or 10mm. However, with 9mm you get an extra round or two of capacity in ithe same size gun. You also get lower recoil for faster follow up shots.

TLDR: A hole is a hole. No pistols produce hydrostatic shock like a rifle so capacity and ability for fast follow up shots is more important than "muh stopping powa".

No they’re not. They might have a heavier pull on the trigger but that’s about it. Plus you have a safety on most semi autos, which makes it that much safer. Just remember your trigger discipline and you’ll be fine, meaning don’t have your finger on the trigger until you’re ready to shoot

more than PG is Africa, we are getting overrun
My wife doesn't go anywhere unless we take a car, my neighborhood is too bad to walk around. MS13 killing people and taking their fucking heart. Like who steals a heart? Savages man.
(and we live in the "nice part of DC" in silver spring)

Attached: 56544691_2387779111497699_8877840397473153024_n.jpg (840x960, 82K)

Shut up stupid faggot. Leave this thread.

Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit Reciprocity and Recognition

As of July 1, 2016, pursuant to Virginia Code Section 18.2-308.014, the holder of a valid concealed handgun or concealed weapon permit or license issued by another state1 may carry a concealed handgun in Virginia provided all of the below conditions are met:

The holder of such permit or license is at least 21 years of age.
The permit or license holder carries a valid photo-identification issued by a government agency of any state or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of State.
The holder displays the permit or license and the government issued photo-identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer.
The permit or license holder has not previously had a Virginia concealed handgun permit revoked.
vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Didn't think non citizens could have guns in the state's

One of the drawbacks from myself moving to the states is I would have to give up all my guns for a time.

Thanks for the info. I've been watching hickok45 videos

The larger diameter of the expanded hollow point is more likely to strike a vital organ, nerve, artery/vein, bone etc.

Regardless of what caliber you choose, I would go with Federal HST hollow points. Speer Gold dot is also a great choice.

Attached: Federal_Premium_HST_Ammo_Review_2.jpg (1000x525, 127K)

reloading a revolver is a meme, but I don't see reloading my 7 shot every day carry either so... not much different really.

Sure, I prefer the feel and reload is slower. Point is, any type of well made gun is a tool, various tools for various uses. The only meme guns are cheaply made unreliable ones.

youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc
I like posting this video in threads like these. It's worth a listen for OP and provides some real world statistics

Yeah I have that part under control. I'll be taking some safety courses for sure.

Its still useless in DC and Maryland so unless you work at your local autozone and never leave Virginia, who cares.

2 people
1 on the rooftop to the left and one 100 meters behind the camera both Armed with these could clear them out in 5 seconds and finish the runners.
AIways wanted to try something like this in Minecraft

Attached: a7151df61724826098a6db1a8b43e16b.jpg (721x241, 16K)

Just remember user, what really matters most in a tough situation is reliability and capacity

Just learn to use speed loaders or Cary a second cylinder. But no, revolvers are not a spray and pray mag dump firearm.

Check out T-rex arms for actual good advice on high performance shooting and not just some old guy giggling as he shoots soda bottles.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqLKmVxb4WY

I also recommend looking up Travis Haley's videos. They can be torrented.

Whatever you buy, find a range where you can practice where you won’t get hassled. Be prepared to shoot at least $50-100 of ammo minimum once a week to git gud and stay gud.

This is also important, choose good quality ammo to carry for self defense. For the most part if you buy american ammo it’s good enough, with federal or remington being my personal choices. Use the cheap shit for target shooting or practice, just means you have to clean your gun more often

like we could do anything about it
country has 500 million guns or more floating around

yeah, I know, good theory, but i'm not carrying a second mag or speed-loaders in a suit. Nah thanks.

Attached: 29216679_10204457247068615_8918260836877885663_n.jpg (834x960, 97K)

It would be easier to remove the niggers

Right I use whatever ammo is cheapest for practice but keep mu guns loaded with Federal HST for actual self defense.

You push an auto against someone's ribs and it goes out of battery.
If you want to pistol whip, not shoot, you want a handful of steel, not plastic.
But to each his own.

Don't move to DC. Don't waste your time with a PhD. Just get a practical job like being an electrician or plumber.

This isn't a movie you don't "put a gun up against someone"

You can ship from another country into the USA to a FFL. If you find a state you really like while you’re on vacation, find a good FFL who will help you with the move.
This thread belongs on Jow Forums

>best for self defense
Just wear a hijab, everyone in DC will literally sacrifice themselves to protect you.

I second this.
When I got my first handgun when I turned 21 these were the exact rounds I bought.
The HST +P rounds I had to order online.
Make sure you fire at least 2 magazines full of them to make sure they work alright with your firearm.
I was surprised that my cheap $250 Taurus has never had an issue.
Fired over 500 rounds out of it and never once jammed

Attached: 45.png (1920x1080, 2.94M)

>actual best advice in this thread.
Getting a phd is something you do to jerk yourself off with or because you are scared to get a real job

Attached: 1550178018353.jpg (720x540, 68K)

Is it true that the police presence in DC is much stronger than it was? My friend was there in the eary 90's and said it was a hellhole, but that now it's much different

That’s not true, you don’t need to spend 2-400 bucks a month on ammo to be able to defend yourself. Yeah, go practice every once in a while but it’s not like you’re training for competition or something. You can practice picking up your gun without wasting a single dollar and that’ll give you way more of an advantage than being a “sharp shooter” especially for self defense, which is what you’re asking about

>revolvers are more reliable
Complete meme. Well made striker fired are almost impossible to fuck up

Good info but what's the easiest way for Canadians to get citizenship? Opening a business?

police protect rich white people and tourists, don't wander too far

>push an auto against ribs
He’s CCing not playing the bad guy in a B movie, retard

Why can’t you hit your target? Like I said everytool has its use. But I know I’m never gonna need to spray rounds like that. If I do, I hope to hell I have a rifle on me instead. But I don’t bother with urban areas.

t.former hill staffer, this is pretty accurate.

nigger i was supporting revolvers, because my semiauto only holds 7 rounds, it wouldn't be much different. Wheel guns are not a bad choice

Sorry, I'm a liberal arts dipshit. My plan is to get my PhD in philosophy, and if I can't find a job, I'm going to farm and forestry back in Canada.

He’s talking about CCing in the DC area. His shot placement needs to be Hickok tier.

>wasting 7 years because parents are rich
oh, cool

>7 round mag
Why the fuck would you do that?

No, the school is paying for everything. That's what happens at the graduate level.
And it's more like 5 years, if I'm slow.

Ok... keep an open mind

Attached: M2 Browning.jpg (3072x2048, 323K)

Holy shit I wish I seen this b4
I visited with my family when traveling down the coast and took the train from campground into DC.
luckily I stayed around the capital buildings.