What was ancient Rome's greatest achievement and what is their greatest historical legacy?

What was ancient Rome's greatest achievement and what is their greatest historical legacy?

Same questions but with ancient Greece and Medieval Europe also

Attached: rome.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE
youtube.com/watch?v=oomJG8uVLMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What was ancient Rome's greatest achievement
Conquering the Mediterranean
>what is their greatest historical legacy?
The Catholic Church

Roads bridges aqueducts plumbing and

Attached: colosseum_tours_banner_private.jpg (480x640, 70K)

>greatest historical legacy?
Roman law
Roads

Catholics were massacred by rome.

The "christian" rome was not a Roman nation anymore there existed no roman people.

Good answer. The encircling of the Med Sea allowed it to do some incredible things.

The Catholic Church and how it adapted to the fall of the empire is always interesting

Roman law is certainly top tier when it comes to its legacy.

I'm quite certain Rome probably had the most advanced roads on earth during their time. Not to mention that Roman roads continued to be used long after Rome's fall and that these routes continued to be inherently important throughout the Middle Ages up to today

>The Catholic Church
Westernization of Christianity is the correct term
the west is not a judeo-christian civilization, it is an Hellenic one.

What ISN’T their historical legacy? Half of everything in the modern West is a direct lineage of Rome. Although as already correctly stated, the catholic church is technically rome’s most direct structurally extant legacy, make of that what you will.

>Roman law is certainly top tier when it comes to its legacy.
a true westener, good for you user!

one of the largest and longest empires.... defined everything for centuries and centuries in Europa shaped not only buildings, roads, cities, all the architecture and tecno... but even shaped countries, expanded language.... in fact the roman empire has always been imitated, since the day it felt... all the majour european countries somehow claimed in some period they were heirs of Rome. Greece was the roots of western civilization..

I would add that it is fundamentally both Greco-Roman and Christian (seeing as how Europeans culturally changed Christianity just as the Egyptians and Syrians infused their cultures into Christianity as well). If that's what you're saying then I apologize for the redundancy of this reply lol

Yeah the idea of "Judeo"-Christianity and the suggestion that Jews played just as an important role in European Christendom as Europeans has always been farcical

No other state after roman nation tradition and culture was destroyed by christianity ever built any infastructure but lived off roman infrastucture the roads and bridges still uses today.

Justinian Law is also top tier as well

Nothing is xhristian except worshiping jesus

It is really one of the only true civilizations to have ever existed.

True. We probably can't name any European country that doesn't have its roots in imitating the Romans. Most of Western/Central/Southern Europe was clearly influenced by the Romans with Eastern Europe being influenced by the Byzantines including Russia. No matter how one looks at it, it's Roman lol.

keeping a multicultural empire together for so long

The rome used to mean a roman nation army and tribe people, after Christianity rome became just a city and a nation group

>What was ancient Rome's greatest achievement and what is their greatest historical legacy?

Being so fucking far driven to degeneracy they brought God down from Heaven in human form and then murdered him in the name of the jews, ultimately setting in motion every truth in the bible and the end times themselves.

Attached: History records of Christ.jpg (1024x864, 196K)

And not a nation group*

You are mentally impaired seek help.

>Roman law
What books are good on this?

The dynamism of Roman governance definitely speaks for itself. Their ability to rule peoples from the Celts to the peoples of the Middle East is nothing short of fantastic seeing as how most inherently multicultural empires/societies inevitably break down nowadays

yeah, I could get behind that idea. I always recoil from the idea of Christianity being an important part of the west because of the wrong concept of judeo-christian civilization

>What was ancient Rome's greatest achievement and what is their greatest historical legacy?
Exterminating the Hebrews.

Attached: 1543098308272.jpg (561x650, 75K)

My thoughts exactly. Every corner of Europe from West, North, East, South was influenced by Rome prior to its Christian conversion and afterwards.

bait?

The people in middle east were violently subjugated the celts have no major differences to romans of the time who descend from celts.

creating a myth that still lasts till today, jesus.
the law of incorporation which enslaves us all.

Christian conversion at its worst destroyed culture traditions and civilization and at its best made you worship crosses and a jesus character but otherwise everything else entact.

Christianity did no civilize or.is pivotal to any nation in europe it spread through a pagan empire developed that converted.

Rome was never multicultural/multiracial and that was the point. They ruled an lmulticulturalempire without mixing it all in a hellhole combo... even if the pops adopted for example the language or even the culture... no ethnic recplacemente happned.

>What books are good on this?
I do not know a book in chinese but most of the western law school have a course in roman law. You should be able to find something

thats not in rome its in nimes and much less impressive than the pantheon, pont du gard lives up to the hype though even though the french tried to ruin it by building an...erm... addition...

incorrect, there were even non-"roman" emperors, even though what a native "roman" even was is suspect. A latin? a greek? certainly not an etruscan

The Anitkythera is nifty. This guy is remaking one with (mostly) ancient machining techniques and it's fucking fascinating as hell.
youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE
It's amazing what they were able to figure out from non-magnified observation. We could've been on the moon 500 years ago if not for the fucking dark ages.

Attached: 1550794465213.png (500x397, 277K)

Think for yourself.
2 posts below yours here, there is a fucking leaf denying Christ. Do you think Chang there stands any chance of salvation.
Now, when you start to see signs and symbols in the universe... You might start to believe in Jesus.
There is no such thing as coincidence.
Jews want to subvert everything, they hate Jesus.
Think about this as you go through your day and notice degeneracy and the path that strays from God. You can't unsee it.
Good luck and God bless.

an italic for sure, Rome was never multicultural or multiracial like New york or any modern shithole, tha's what i'm telling you..

you fuckin plebiscite scum\

the answer is the vatican, an unbroken line of roman succession going back thousands of years, catholic? no, roman.

pleb tier response is law or engineering, forsooth, their concrete recipe has been more important for modern society than either, debate me mortals

I'm more of a sound mind and Soul then you can hope to become in 3 lifetimes.
Get right with Jesus before it's too late.

Ancient Rome achievement was the spread of Hellen culture.
Greece's achievement was the foundation of Western culture. Homer, hippocrates, the seven sages, thales etc. Plato, Pythagoras, archamedes, ptolomy, epicurius. Diogenes etc etc.

>Rome was never multicultural or multiracial like New york or any modern shithole
But thats simply not true, discount all the "ethnic shitholes" what about the iberians making up the senate, equites, emperors? Even a shithole like portugal was represented.

Christianity was the biggest subversion of Hellenism that was made possible by the Roman Empire.

The foundation of Western thinking and morality

He is known to history as Philip I (“the Arab”; 244-249 AD).

He reigned for 5 years and was elected for who knows whym

Tell me when you hatch a brain

those buildingss were taken from africa. originally painted like cheetah and zebra in honor of the black kings and queens from wakansa.

Attached: 1553810502012.png (840x951, 823K)

He went on to become a major figure in the Roman Empire. After the death of Gordian III in February 244, Philip, who had been Praetorian prefect, achieved power.

The arab got into power in a civil warish

Attached: d3coequ-ba71c395-be67-4278-be93-7569708debaf.jpg (661x383, 48K)

Gallienus (/ˌɡæliˈɛnəs/; Latin: Publius Licinius Egnatius Gallienus Augustus;[1] c. 218 – September 268), also known as Gallien,[2] was Roman Emperor with his father Valerian from 22 October 253 to spring 260 and alone from spring 260 to September 268. He ruled during the Crisis of the Third Century that nearly caused the collapse of the empire. While he won a number of military victories, he was unable to prevent the secession of important provinces. His 15-year reign was the longest since the 19-year rule of Caracalla.

This is who brought stability to the empire

Attached: 800px-Ritratto_di_gallieno_dalla_casa_delle_vestali.jpg (800x985, 164K)

The american mongrel on tilt.
iberians, italics, gauls, brits, dacians... all of those belong to the same europid caucasian race. So no Rome was never like the new york multiracial shithole. And Portugal didn´t even exist retard.

Aqueducts and plumbing for sure

Also very good at military organization and seriously depraved entertainment

Attached: 1542598994753.jpg (2048x1536, 277K)

the bathing culture

underrated post

>Mfw just finished Mike Duncan's 75 hour History of Rome Podcast

One could say the greatest legacy was Byzantine Empire. There's no Byzantine Empire without Rome, and the Byzantines themselves greatly influenced the development of Medieval Europe and Greece so in a way that answers all three questions.

This. There was two entirely separate, whole lines of non-Italo-Roman leaders. First the Spanish emperors and then the Illyrian emperors that both revitalized the empire in times of crisis.

Then there were also the Germans like Stillicho much later, but that's when shit is really messy.

Attached: Varus will never give you back your legions.jpg (677x782, 227K)

I wish I could go back in time and see what it was like

Attached: 1517159820357.png (600x624, 374K)

Byzantines developed nothing.

Constantine took a developed country and converted it.

youtube.com/watch?v=oomJG8uVLMs

Even Nazi Germany was trying to resurrect Rome, everyone tried to be like the Roman Empire. Truly would have been an amazing thing to see.

Attached: 1523326787334.jpg (204x285, 10K)

your lilly ass wouldnt last a day in the ancient times. I could though. i got big muscles

What they did was not allow anyone outside Rome be citizens. Once they let everyone be citizens of their Empire it started going to shit. Coincidence? Maybe, but fuck niggers.

Attached: 1516958749639.jpg (630x830, 81K)

he founded the greatest city in the ancient world.

Lmao the Celts were completely different from the Romans then, they actually saw them as niggers and the ME as actually alright.

Roads and concrete. It wasn't until the 1800s that we were able to make concrete as strong as the Roman's. Considering that technology is rarely lost throughout history, even during "dark ages" the fact we lost that for 1500 years is mind blowing and a testament to how good their civil and chemical engineers actually were.

Romans looked down on even other Italians not from Latium.
Read a book once in a while

He built Constantinople and brought prosperity to the East. Prosperity which kept the Western Empire afloat. It would've fell sooner had not his successors kept the Vandals at bay in North Africa, for example.

Why are you spreading misinformation? Your post here saying Gallienus brought stability to the empire is bullshit. He oversaw the opening of the Crisis of the Third Century. Rome needed a stable hand and he did not provide it. If you're going to shill for non-Christian emperors, you have plenty of better options.

>roman law
Based nazi great-grandson

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE HASTATI HAVE A SWORD?! THEY SHOULD HAVE A SPEAR! THAT WAS THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING POINT!

kek, thanks user. I'm not a german-argie but thank you

They saw Christianity for what it really was and tried to extinguish it within the empire but eventually succumbed to it and Rome fell shortly afterwards.

Attached: 1535889692551.png (1600x1385, 2.05M)

Apart of the reason why Rome fell was unironically because Roman men were cucked by their wives and slave bulls. Christianity allowed women and slaves to practice their religion while Roman religion was limited for women and didn't allow slaves to practice it. So women and slaves started practicing it and Roman men had to start doing it since their wives were spending too much time with the slaves.

Attached: 1516960347438.jpg (830x974, 209K)

inside every christian there is a jew said the pope.