How to cook?

How do I learn how to cook? I legit struggle with it. I'm so nervous to cook things like pasta or chicken. I'm so autistic when it comes to cooking. So how can I improve?

Attached: images.jpg (177x285, 9K)

Cooking is fun. Just look up the recipe of a dish you like and do it, try to enjoy it..it's very hard to fuck up food. Just be clean and it will be fine.

Any good cookbooks you reccomend?

the I n t e r w e b s

Find something good you want to eat and then cook it. There are good videos for most recipes on youtube. If you fail then try again. It's not too hard.

Pasta- put what you want in a pot. Add water so it covers the pasta. Put on stove. Add salt. Put it on high, wait for it to boil and get soft, if you can’t tell you can take a piece of pasta out and test it, just don’t burn yourself

Start out small OP. Go with the basics and don't start off with anything too crazy. Use the interwebs and research dishes that are considered essential building blocks. I have heard that making an Omelette is one of the staples of cooking.

Literally buy a cook book or watch Food Network for 10 minutes

Apparently follow recipes online, a lot of trial and error

Most people learn the basics when they are 5. There is nothing to be nervous about.
Things like pasta is literally just put water in a pot, turn it on, put pasta in, remove water when it is done. And you can be fancy and add salt before the pasta if you want it to not be the blandest shit ever.
The only way to fuck this up is not adding water or letting it boil too long.
Pasta is so cheap, you can literally just start over if you don't do it right. How have you fed yourself so far?

>it's very hard to fuck up food
Nah you just think that because you're used to it. I know how to cook now but when I first tried cooking on my own (literally 0 experience even using a pan) I burnt my chicken completely and set off the fire alarm.

What if I don’t have all of the equipment?

If you're starting cooking from scratch, you may want to consider getting a slowcooker. It's very hard to fuck up using a slowcooker, meals are generally simple to prepare and they always taste good
One pan meals in the oven can also be good depending on the recipe, not much more complex and don't require flipping or whatnot like sauteing does
I'd consider cooking on the stovetop a tad more advanced since it requires a more active role in the cooking, so I wouldn't recommend it until you get the basics of meal preparation down first

Anything written by Martha Stewart

>putting the pasta in water before it reaches a boil
You can't cook

Hello Fresh

Trial and Error like most things.

Online recipes are neat too but none of this meme tasty shit that goes around. Some of their recipes are good but they are novelty. Not something cheap and useful for you to get good at making.

Pic related is potato soup I made fresh from YouTube. I changed her recipe slightly. Feel free to experiment.

Attached: 1561427774020.jpg (3024x4032, 2.81M)

Fuck, that soup looks good. Now I'm hungry

this shit's pretty good

Attached: img58c.jpg (574x574, 47K)

Hey thanks man.

Attached: 1563343503640.png (500x593, 432K)

Practice makes perfect. When I first started I was nervous and only cooked 1 pot meals. Now I like the chaos of having four things on the stove at the same time.
It's okay to fuck things up. Everyone has cooked a complete dud before at least once. If you're cooking for other people it's usually a goood idea to stick with what you know however.

What if I would rather cook over a fire pit or a brick oven?

Can you cook eggs? Start with something simple.

>Most people learn the basics when they are 5

I wish this was true but from my experience living with other people my age, no-one learns how to cook anymore. What's worse is they generally have no desire to learn. Too many Moms just make their food and never teach them how to do it themselves and they grow up into entitled helpless manchildren who can't cook anything more complex than pasta (and they fuck that up every time too).

/ck/ is a really shit board
Just Americans arguing about which McDonald's burger is the best

I don’t feel like standing around and wait for it to boil, I can barely take care of myself so I think I making pasta edible is a pretty big accomplishment

See this is what the fuck I'm talking about. People don't have the patience to bring a pot of water to the boil, but they want to cook? Fuck outta here.
The problem isn't capability, it's fucking attention span. We've got a whole generation of people who can't last 30 seconds without some sort of entertainment filling up their empty heads.

Cooking is a skill, it's a fun skill once you get some success. I agree with a lot of the avice. Make it an exciting learning experience for yourself. Ya know, the most important thing you can ever do is to learn something for your own self because you want to.