Any tips for a 20 hour day of travel?

Any tips for a 20 hour day of travel?

The trip is Florida>Texas>Tokyo>Sendai, the longest of which is 13 hours. I'll be bringing 2 checked bags, a carry on, and a laptop bag. Thankfully the 13 hour flight will be premium economy (American Airlines), so I'll be a bit more comfortable. It'll be an aisle seat on the right side, with only one other person to my right.

My personal entertainment will be a 3DS with a bunch of games I've never played (I bought a 3DS like 2 years ago but haven't touched it aside from Devil Survivor), as well as a 2017 Dell XPS 15.

How do I stay sane? What should I wear?

Attached: dreamstime_xxl_58247096-1.jpg (620x400, 46K)

Unless you have to go straight to meet someone or somewhere important. I would dress for comfort. Something moderately warm as plains can get cool. But nothing to warm. Download plenty of movies. my longest flight was from Boston to Oslo and I just watched movies and read the entire way.

Sorry, what are "plains"?

Thanks for reminding me about movies though. I'll get some shit on my laptop.

Sorry I'm fucking stoned right now and typing really fast to keep up with my mind.
I mean planes

Longer pants doesn't give much options. I'm wondering if jeans are too uncomfortable. Sweatpants are too sloppy imo tho.

I do a 16 hour trip fairly often so I got pretty good at not killing myself on the go.

Dress for comfort. T-shirt, a light hoodie because planes are cold as shit, and the comfiest jeans you have (or just joggers). Also you'll take off your shoes, so wear decent socks and shoes that are easy to put on and off.
Bring toiletries.Toothbrush and toothpaste, baby wipes, deodorant, and something to wash your face with. Also a moisturiser if your face is in any shape or form dry, because plane's air is so dry it will make your face feel like shit.
Get up every couple hours, even to just walk up and down or stretch your back. Bring snacks.

Bring comfy headphones. Planes are loud and hellish, but you also don't want to kill your ears.
Download music, podcasts and audiobooks. I usually want to have 20 hours of podcasts for a 16 hours trip. Movies and reading work too. Try to switch up your entertainment every couple hours.
Also - try to sleep. As much as you can. The best flight I had was when I slept 8 hours straight. If you want to be considerate do it watching the timezone you're landing to and not the one you're flying from, but if you're sleepy just take it and try to sleep.

Do you recommend slip-on shoes? I have a comfortable pair, but idk about when I'm not on the plane.

I hadn't thought about snacks. That's a good idea. What's a good way to bring them in? Do I buy them at the airport or are the prices retarded expensive for even snacks?

I have a nice pair of over the ear sennheiser headphones, should I bring those? I also heave wired and wired earbuds I use for gym.

Pull an all nighter the day before, take some melatonin before your flight, and sleep the 11 hour flight to japan.

at the airport typing this actually. sleeping on airplanes is wonderful, it’s as if when you fall asleep then wake up you’d have teleported to the destination in question.
practicing meditating also clears the head and passes time.
if you can, take on as little carry on as possible so when the plane lands you don’t have to deal with going to the overheads so you can get off the plane with ease.
a notebook is great to just write down whatever is on your head or to doodle with, otherwise bring movies and reading material on a tablet to conserve space.

If they're comfy and easy to put on and off, go for them. I have a pair of sneakers that is so worn out I can put it on without tying and untying it, that's what I normally wear.

I buy snacks outside of the airport and put them in a ziplock. I usually bring cereal bars, cookies or shit like that.
Yes, they are retarded expensive like everything else at the airport.

>I have a nice pair of over the ear sennheiser headphones, should I bring those?
I usually do bring my fancy ass headphones because they're easy on my ears and I don't hear baby crying as much with them. It's a good idea to bring those and a small pair of earbuds, just to switch it up.

I did this once and then I ended up next to a baby who cried in my ears for 10 hours and I nearly killed myself.

Security I assume doesn't care about snacks?

If it's a Boeing don't pack too much stuff, you won't need it where you're going.

Nah. Pay attention to the rules about liquids, but food is fine.

Download some audiobooks, I find long travels are perfect for listening to them.

Once I listened to "The Martian" from start to finish during an 8-hour bus trip.

sleeping pill for longest leg

Lmao, read that entire book during a 12 hour plane ride

Play crossword puzzles

Get a GPD Win 2

I fly to Europe often, I try to get an aisle seat if I need to piss every few hours. A sketchbook or tablet helps kill time if the movies aren’t doing it for you.
Always dress warm on a flight because of the air conditioning. If it’s in the dead of summer (like now) and you’re just hopping states, then a over shirt is enough. When I go to Europe I pack super light because I live there part time.
If you smoke get some flavored snus pouches, it’s like having a smoke break without the guilt or smell.
What I do to stay entertained is draw while listening to podcasts

That was a terrible book. I couldn't make it through the second chapter with all the pointless swearing and nonsense