MAKE WAY FOR TECH THOTS

>"Male colleagues of mine, developers, they've actually been so much in contact with technology since they were really young," Kilic said. "That wasn't the case for me."
>When I look at the industry and community I see definitely less women in leadership roles
>We started Bridge largely in response to a problem that is in the tech industry but in many male dominated industries
>Almost 80 per cent of companies globally haven't fully prioritized putting more women in leadership roles, according to a recent study from the IBM Institute for Business Value.
>The study showed that only 18 per cent of the companies surveyed had women in top leadership positions.

I hope you wake up early in the morning to extend your tech knowledge cause tech roasties need to be held on top of you.

cbc.ca/news/business/bridge-school-1.5057968

Attached: tech_roastie.png (780x439, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't care. Coding should be for everyone. You should't be intimidated by women entering the field desu

Did you read my post? I guess not.

There were more female programmers in the 1920s and 1930s than male. It was seen as a female field very early on. It was an aristocratic thing, too.
Long before the 1920s/1930s you had people like Ada Lovelace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace was an English mathematician and writer, chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's proposed mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine.
I'm not suggesting special treatment or anything but yea women *can* be good at STEM, doesn't mean they always are, same with men. Most of all programmer have to describe the world as it really is so, it depends a lot more on non-gender related things IMO.

Between 1842 and 1843, Ada translated an article by Italian military engineer Luigi Menabrea on the calculating engine, supplementing it with an elaborate set of notes, simply called Notes. These notes contain what many consider to be the first computer program—that is, an algorithm designed to be carried out by a machine. Other historians reject this perspective and point out that Babbage's personal notes from the years 1836/1837 contain the first programs for the engine.[10] Lovelace's notes are important in the early history of computers. She also developed a vision of the capability of computers to go beyond mere calculating or number-crunching, while many others, including Babbage himself, focused only on those capabilities.[11] Her mindset of "poetical science" led her to ask questions about the Analytical Engine (as shown in her notes) examining how individuals and society relate to technology as a collaborative tool.[6]

She died of uterine cancer in 1852 at the age of 36.

Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace (née Byron; 10 December 1815 – 27 November 1852) was an English mathematician and writer, chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's proposed mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. She was the first to recognise that the machine had applications beyond pure calculation, and published the first algorithm intended to be carried out by such a machine. As a result, she is sometimes regarded as the first to recognise the full potential of a "computing machine" and one of the first computer programmers.[2][3][4]

Lovelace was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron and his wife Lady Byron.[5] All of Byron's other children were born out of wedlock to other women.[6] Byron separated from his wife a month after Ada was born and left England forever four months later. He commemorated the parting in a poem that begins, "Is thy face like thy mother's my fair child! ADA! sole daughter of my house and heart?".[7] He died of disease in the Greek War of Independence when Ada was eight years old. Her mother remained bitter and promoted Ada's interest in mathematics and logic in an effort to prevent her from developing her father's perceived insanity. Despite this, Ada remained interested in Byron and was, upon her eventual death, buried next to him at her request. Although often ill in her childhood, Ada pursued her studies assiduously. She married William King in 1835. King was made Earl of Lovelace in 1838, Ada thereby becoming Countess of Lovelace.

Her educational and social exploits brought her into contact with scientists such as Andrew Crosse, Sir David Brewster, Charles Wheatstone, Michael Faraday and the author Charles Dickens, contacts which she used to further her education. Ada described her approach as "poetical science"[8] and herself as an "Analyst (& Metaphysician)".[9]

My company’s founder and CEO is a woman, she’s great. But, she’s Asian so not typical.

Holy fuck do I hate these women in STEM who often claim to be all for "equality", yet feel the need to separate themselves from men. If women want high-tech positions they can get it, no need to constantly talk about it as if there is anything in the way (especially considering they are usually from first world countries).
t. female(female) in uni for physics

>women
>Bridge
Last time women were in charge of something called "bridge", we all know what happened.

Attached: mcm.jpg (549x411, 71K)

Imagine actually having to follow a female "leader" into battle.

Exactly. They don't want to waste their best years learning to code so they jump in the bandwagon on the late and expect leadership positions.

Founding a company has nothing to do with jumping into one and expecting to have a leadership role when you didn't put the hours.

absolute state of burger tech.
It's not as bad here. speaking from experience

Attached: 1535888798400.png (1188x749, 118K)

Toronto has to be the worst..

Fuck off kike. Women's right was the biggest mistake in human history

They were not programmers.
They made the connections designed by the physicists, who were the actual programmers.

It's like calling the switch board operators (who were also women) telecom engineers.

But of course the point isn't to earn the positions because they don't believe the men earned the positions either, they think these positions are just granted to certain people based on nothing more than maybe some certifications. So they see nothing wrong with organizing around the shared interest of "more women (read: more of us) with bigger paychecks and more prestige;" nothing could go wrong because the companies aren't fragile, in their minds the company is eternal and exists to provide for its members, rather than to accomplish whatever it was made to accomplish.

I'm conflicted. I might accept more women in tech if they're white, from the US/Canada, and we can deport all the fucking poos and chinks who are here on H1B visas.

Attached: godspeed.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

>Lovelace
>Deep Thot

Attached: 20pera.jpg (487x524, 31K)

The woman in the OP is a pajeeta.

Yeah I'd let her fist my anus

The cuckpany that made it possible is named
>Rangle.io
Which is probably the biggest revolving door in webdev in Toronto.
They do a lot of pandering to minorities and women.

Oh, this is in Canada. I don't care, then. And her LinkedIn doesn't show she's actually from Pajeetistan, so she's Canadian, I guess. Have fun with that.

https www.cbc ca/news/business/bridge-school-1.5057968

buy their competitor's stock now

Attached: bueno148.jpg (406x397, 11K)

Yeah, I guess she lives in Canada now, her FB says she’s originally from pajeetland. I was initially assuming she was mixed race though, so I was just going off her name and didn’t expect it to actually say that. Could have guess it was leaf land before I even clicked the thread though.

Attached: FAEE2A0A-7AE5-4A12-A52A-10811C9CFFDC.jpg (750x773, 248K)

>they think these positions are just granted to certain people based on nothing more than maybe some certifications.

all STEM jobs are are just granted to certain people based on nothing more than maybe some certifications.

Not at all.
You better have good stuff to show and pass tech interviews.

i can't stand women anywhere for any reason. i'm not gay either. they're just fucking awful. bring on the android sex bots.

There were 4 women in my class of 60 comp engineers freshman year
By senior year, 3 had dropped. We graduated 25 men and 1 woman.

One of those women changed to journalism and is now a women in tech evangelist.

Literal cancer

Also most women aren't attracted to tech. Men like things, women like people, and that makes them more likely to be in management and sales.

They can't even tech support properly, lol.

Toronto is like a 1950s sitcom compared to NYC and SF.

>”B-but I met one woman engineer 12 years ago and she seemed pretty smart.”
Sorry kiddo, your misogyny has been obliterated.

Yeah that's why all my bosses are women lol and 3/4 of the time they're nowhere to be found.

Wonder how many get into the job just to figure out they don't know shit about what they're doing

>Almost 80 per cent of companies globally haven't fully prioritized putting more women in leadership roles, according to a recent study from the IBM Institute for Business Value.

Could it be there aren't enough qualified individuals of that demographic???

Attached: thinking.jpg (235x214, 7K)

nobody cares about gender in IT sector! problem is when women are place in power of IT jobs because of quotas or diversity, even when they don't qualify over their male counter parts. Then they make it worse by being retarded with males who they are in charge of by being so out of touch with the field that it makes males working under her wonder whose dick she had to suck in order to get that position. Name, Gender, Age should be banned from interviews and all interviews should be done remotely or obscured. Let the best person get the job not based on their looks, gender, age or whatever else.

There are many women dominated fields out there that focus on women only. Does that mean that I as a straight male can demand a power position there because 95% of that field are women and other 5% are gay men?

Too bad HR is 99% fem

she cute

Attached: 1547761801056.jpg (720x469, 71K)

She's really smart and better than me I'm so glad my life is shit so she can move us forward for the better good

Attached: 1515737144677.jpg (1024x768, 241K)

im here for it

we stan

that's the tea sis!

Attached: 1547348811098.jpg (462x400, 45K)

that's what I am saying. Does that mean I can walk into HR and demand a job as a straight male and if they don't give it to me on the spot then I can sue for discrimination and then claim Equality!?

>reasoning with women
>trying to point out double standards
good luck

Attached: 1516337283376.jpg (536x493, 42K)

what if I apply as transgender black female, then once hired, convert back to straight white male. is that allowed?

>I don't care. Coding should be for everyone
Coding IS for everyone. Download a compiler and you can start coding right away.

it was a roastie post user

yes.
but write down youre a jewish atheist so if they say anything sue them

>men start companies
>men lead said companies

If women weren't so risk averse perhaps we'd see a shift, but they want a man to place them where they "belong", instead of trying to create value by themselves.

Truly like children.

They're "risk averse" because they're dumb. It's sensible for dumb people to be risk averse

It's the same as
>Work hard, by a house, fill it up with stuff so I can just show up with my suitcase and pretend I worked hard for this and deserved it fully
I hate women so much

women likes math and hate coding. back then computers were only math, people were happy to make additions when punching cards. now software is coding and just logic. when i was in university math was still 50% women. people who bitch about women in tech are retarded. no tutorials online ask if you're a men or women.

>"Male colleagues of mine, developers, they've actually been so much in contact with technology since they were really young," Kilic said. "That wasn't the case for me."

"but the only reason why there's no women in leadership role is sexism though, not that lots of men spend 10-15 years using computers for fun, before they work on them".

I never knew it was prohibited to buy a computer as a girl

also
>young boy
>thots all interested by Chad
>nothnig left for you but computers
>grow with computer because there's nothing else
>end up making a living out of it
>Tech thot has now passed her Chad phase
>Tries to join the "computer club" that has ignored or even rejected
>I DESERVES A POSITION OF POWER

That’s weird. I never see any of these women clambering to work in the trades.
Why don’t they want to be concrete finishers? Or deckers? Or carpenters?

Seems like they just want management roles based on what’s between their legs.

>>"Male colleagues of mine, developers, they've actually been so much in contact with technology since they were really young," Kilic said. "That wasn't the case for me."

i started learning to program in visual basic, utilize photoshop, write html, etc because i was drawn to it all the way back when i was in 2-3rd grade. its not privilege, its dedication. absolutely giggled at/loathed all the retards(men AND women) who thought they could just pick this shit up in a semester of uni.... sure, many people can, but most can't.

its like expecting to be able to just pick up and play a music instrument as an adult while having completely avoided music as a kid, its difficult and borderline impossible for some people.

good point i've met way more math major females than compsci, and I don't even know what the major was called back then, she was Lord Byron's daughter and collaborator with Charles Babbage. Her married last name was King, huh curious. But I also remember seeing a gender breakdown and compsci was like 50% female up until the 30s I think.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace

you would have some credibility if you linked to Linda Lovelace

>friend legit believes the best and strongest pirate was a woman
>thinks more women in tech and other jobs that require high IQ and strong work ethic should prop women up, especially in leadership roles
Oh, Canada..

>New people in the tech industry need more gender-diverse role models to look up to, she says, so the lack of them makes climbing the career ladder even harder than it would otherwise be.
Children look for role-models.
Why is she being sexist in her taste for role-models?
If someone is succeeding at the thing you wish to succeed at, their gender should not really be an issue.

>I have low self-esteem/confidence so please change the environment to accommodate my deficiency.

>the number one challenge the tech industry faces are people saying no to excellent talent, because they have preconceived gender-based biases that they may not even be aware of.
Very next senctence:
>You walk into a room and immediately you're just labelled as a junior developer or junior in your career no matter how much experience you have
It's not a gender thing but instead an EXPERIENCE thing.

>Only 12 per cent of the firms surveyed made advancing women in leadership roles a business priority. "They outperformed along key metrics of revenue growth, profitability and innovation," Papas said.
Successful established companies can afford to introduce a sub-optimal gender quota without sinking the ship.
It's like a professional fighter being cocky and fighting with a hand tied behind their back.
Tying a hand behind your back is not a good fighting strategy.
It is what a skilled fighter can afford to do in order to show off.

>I am mod!,Women are stronk!
>Allowing shit like this because we apparently lack the maturity
>Posts like this invite questions of female competence and must be censored!
>Females so stronk!, they should never be criticized because it hurts muh feewings
Kek, women are a fucking joke.

>cbc
lol checks out

They're being promoted straight into leadership and management, it's basically a progressive virtue signalling move to bring on women without risking them making a mistake with hands-on work. Sucks because they'll start to push for new work culture like a sickness. Women abuse leadership roles but business is forced to integrate them in some capacity.

>It's not a gender thing but instead an EXPERIENCE thing.
Anything that doesn't fit the feminist narrative is a gender issue.
>If you don't buy me that, you don't love me

>does you company go out if it's way to hire women for leadership roles?
>no, we just interview and hire who we think is a good fit for company
REEEEEEE

>Tying a hand behind your back is not a good fighting strategy.
It is a good strategy when you force everyone else to do it after you've had time to get used to those conditions.