Lmao @ all these losers complaining about being unemployed or making a low wage. Why haven't you taken the OILpill?

lmao @ all these losers complaining about being unemployed or making a low wage. Why haven't you taken the OILpill?

Literally the boom times are back, in alberta, Saskatchewan, Texas, North Dakota, wherever the fuck oil exists. All you need is some steel toed rubber boots and just show up, they will give you first aid training and you WILL make 100k your first year. If you have a degree to trade education you WILL make at least 150k starting, after 5 years people are making 350k even lowly truck drivers and shit

Now the venezuela is in civil war the price of oil will go up to $70/barrel, then $90, then $120 and you're going to see some serious shit and make easily 500k a year with overtime

Literally just show up with some steel toed boots

Attached: oil chad.jpg (990x798, 250K)

nope, its dominated by nepotism and illegals willing to work for less than a journeyman

its also why there has been a huge increase in refinery explosions

I had an uncle who worked on an oil rig for a few months until he hurt his back. He said it was the hardest he had ever worked and very unsafe. That is why the pay was good.

Jow Forums could not do a real man's job like that, so don't even bother. Most here can't even leave their bedrooms without getting scared.

Laid off oil and gas worker. It all depends on the region. In my area they pay the lowest. Expect 12-17 an hour. 12-15 for most of it. It can end very easily.

Sources?

With US pumping domestic oil like crazy the boom times in Alberta aren't coming back without BC approving a pipeline to the Pacific and that will never happen lmao

Im about to graduate with a finance degree

how does finance work in the oil industry pay?

Horseshit, I work frac. They won't even let temp workers on site. No beans.

Exactly. I make 13/hr in a climate controlled environment with free food and I get to flirt with waitresses (and I am a pipe welder). The ND oil boom is over unless a lot of things change.

The unemployment rate is ft mac is already back down to 5% and even lower in places like grande prairie, and only 6% in Alberta as a whole and it's mostly laid off calgary office cucks

go on normiebook and search 'turnaround jobs', join a few of the groups and youll start getting job openings on your news feed as they come around, itll give you a better idea of it than anything on Jow Forums unless someone here is willing to give you name phone number job location job details, hourly pay, the per diem, etc like on normiebook

Gas frac is huge in WV and not going anywhere. So much ng here. Pay is low but so is the cost of living. 94% white. Biggest city is 50k.

Doesn't change the fact that oil is selling for half the price it was this time 5 years ago

See this is the problem with Canadians. Fuck BC and fuck the indians, run the pipe line up and over. NWT would fucking shit their pants for the $$$ coming in.

I was talking about the people who build the refineries, who rebuild them, or remove them entirely, not the lowest skilled labor who comes in after the fact, I'll take your word for it that much is not dominated by nepotism

>you WILL make at least 150k starting, after 5 years people are making 350k

anyone believing this is a retard

stop projecting you weak faggot. just kill yourself like you’ve always wanted

You don't even have to work in the oil industry directly you could literally just drive around to sites and sell energy drinks $20/can and people will pay for it, when oil goes back to $100+ a barrell you could probably sell energy drinks for $50/can and water bottles for $30/bottle. If you do the welding meme you could make 200k starting some boomer welders are making 700k-1 million

Attached: 1521241215723.png (640x427, 331K)

MWD, DD, and Co Man are the best jobs in the oil patch

I dunno why more people don’t slave away for a couple years to pay off debt. Lot of money to be made quick if you work hard

This I know a dude who literally brings a harbor freight trailer to all the frac sites. 1000 bucks of investment and it ran from there. Most of us are working 16-20 hour days. We don't have time for anything. He sold safety glasses, water, packaged food, ice, drinks and energy drinks for triple the normal price and they paid. Bottom of the lease road so the frac company can't say shit.

are there physical requirements? do you need to be a big strong man or could a short trap do it
asking for a friend

sounds like a straught jew thing to do

Considering the money they make, the convenience and services he is providing it seems fine to me. Now that I am unemployed the real Jew thing to do would be join in and under cut him....

Most of the roustabouts and hands are skinny, but can sling pipe around like you on grindr

My foreman was a 50 year old 5'0 Portuguese guy, strong and alpha as fuck, women loved him he fucked one of my friend's mom and ended her marriage

Except the wage for someone new doing the grunt work is about $50k. $100k is supervisor/manager something more specialized and requiring knowledge and skill like a proper technician or welder. It's also just a shit job.

good to know thx m8
top fucking kek
also holy shit i'm taller than a white guy for once in my life

You're exposed to all kinds of deadly chemicals and carcinogens. Most oil workers die young of cancer.

As long as you don’t show up drunk, high, or with a shit attitude and just work hard/ask questions you’ll be fine

Till now I have no idea whats the deal with BC, Chuggs and Oil pipelines.

What the heck is going on?

look at my flag

Based and mudpilled

everytime i do it makes me gag

Considering that I will have 5 years od experience in guided boring and pipeline construction what job could i get abroad? Will my degree in petrol and gas engineering and drilling technical school mean something in western companies?

aren’t you worried about the green new deal user?

That just means more natural gas instead of coal which means MORE drilling

You could probably make 300k starting

Environmentalists in BC dont want it. The feud between the BC NDPers and Kenney once he takes office is going to be great. This issue is only going to get bigger

Pretty sure 0 xp hands on north Dakota oil rigs start at 25 / hr. Not to bad if

>13/hr
>pipe welder
Wait, shouldn’t that number be higher?

Every online jobs posting for this sort of thing pays that much. Greatest economy ever right?

If that would be the case I would mean selling my youth at resonable price.

300k starting is a Jow Forums meme, with the current BC government there is no need for pipeline construction workers

What about the 'splosions though?

Fuckin pinkniggers

Jesus I have had my A.S in instrumentation for months I apply to 4-8 jobs a day why dont I have a job REEEESSE

>300k starting is a Jow Forums meme
It's not. I got a degree in mathematics and could choose literally any job I wanted, 300k starting. All because /sci/ told me to all those years ago.

my truck driving pay stub from 3/1/2015 in the bakken...

hours were not as bad as they look.

Oil company A wants saltwater hauled away. company B wants some hauled in.... bill both double pay...

TFW I only made 64k last year...

Attached: 20190430_205538.jpg (1080x1920, 429K)

Woah, this is strange. I work on an oil rig and was just talking about how most people's opinion if what we do is what they see on stock photos. I just pulled this photo up an hour ago.

True. McDonalds in Pecos TX is paying like 15 an hour. I wanted to just make and sell burritos. If any user has the slightest will to make money it can be found in West Texas. Sadly, all my friends are lazy and none want to come out here to make money.

Meanwhile, I've been here for one year and I'm already getting my own rig to manage for our company. It's fucking nuts. Just be sure to save it all for the crash.

>50k
>Bad pay

Lel. This is why foreigners come and take the jobs. That's great pay to live on. The upward mobility is also great. Sure the work can suck, but it beats going to college and getting in debt