Why is the manual gearbox so unpopular in America?

Attached: Automatic-VS-Manual-transmission.jpg (950x534, 257K)

Because we are getting stupider, also better performance and fuel economy.

CAFE standards.

They're gay

Attached: Americanos.jpg (500x625, 36K)

>stupider
>better performance and fuel economy

Because women can barely drive as it is.

i think it's partially because of densely populated cities. driving a manual in a traffic jam isn't fun.

americans are lazy and don't think driving standards are fun, so yeah they stupid and lazy

Slide bait thread. stop responding. Go to /o/.

Lack of public transport + city sprawl + feminism = lots of women drivers. Women favour automatics, thus it doesnt make sense for car companies to keep making stick shifts.

It isn't you fucktard.

am i the only one who has no idea how to drive an automatic? i know d stands for drive and p for park but what does it do?

Because that would mean learning about engine braking and how a clutch works. WAY to much effort compared to "pedal make go", "pedal make stop"...... "what's corner" FUG

tbqhfam it's pretty hard to change gear when you're stuffing your cock-socket with chips and gravy

Only stinking boomers drive manually

Attached: ayyy.jpg (1195x3706, 699K)

>Why is the manual gearbox so unpopular in America?

"white" americans are too stupid to use it...It's all the negro/spic admixture coursing through these mutt's veins. inb4:

>american are pure europeenz!

No. You're not. You were the bottom-caste, idiot, religious shitstains of europe to begin with, and 300 years of race-mixing certainly hasn't helped any of you.

>driving a manual in a traffic jam isn't fun.
Meh only if you've been driving stick for less that 5 years. There's no difference after that.

It's mandatory for women in north america

Attached: MV5BMTM2MDM0NjU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk5MDMyMQ@@._V1_.jpg (301x475, 36K)

I manage to pull it off

They've got that covered.

Attached: 15489516518.jpg (2048x1360, 1.33M)

>tbqhfam it's pretty hard to change gear when you're stuffing your cock-socket with chips and gravy
Fries and gravy?
Who do you think we are?
Canadians?

boomers are lazy and want everything NOW and microwaved

Attached: 68E6A6F7-C3EF-4197-90CB-F87356EA88A6.jpg (884x1024, 116K)

because it takes EFFORT to get good with it? dipshits wanna hop in and drive with 5 minutes experience

Because we actually have traffic and have to drive for more than a half mile at a time.

Have you been stuck in hour long traffic before with a manual?

It fucking sucks.
Let alone I do it every day, it seriously fucks with your transmission.

Drive basically puts the car into first gear, and the car auto shifts based on how many rpms your at. You start the car in park and push the brake in to shift to drive (or reverse). It's super common in America because 1. We have dumb spics, women, blacks, and Asians on the road who would be causing a ton of accidents and 2. You can't eat or be on the phone while driving a manual. That's why only smarter, masculine white men typically drive manuals in America.

Bad meme.
A shit ton of millennials drive stick.
Zoomers on the other hand can't even operate a crank window.

It's fun to roll backwards towards the faggot riding your ass in a traffic jam though. The look on their face is priceless.

Fuck GM and their 1-4 skip shift. It just makes me rev 2nd little more to avoid it.

>not Nigger Anti-Theft Device
boomers, everyone

Attached: 1554528017039.gif (600x338, 3.51M)

>Simple enough to rebuild yourself or $300 for a new one
>Don't need a battery to start it, pop clutch in roll or push
>Down shift deceleration save brakes
>Can really pass cars when you need to unlike automatic
>Peel outs and Donuts are for alpha males only

Attached: 1553376018365.jpg (500x645, 235K)

How am I supposed to inch along in bumper to bumper traffic while texting, eating a big mac and holding my extra third soda between my knees with a manual transmission?

because they're fucking stupid. the performance you get from a manual gearbox is infinetecimal because engines are so much more efficient than 50 years ago. it's literally milliseconds of difference between switching gears. why can't you just let your needlessly complicated stick shift/clutch horseshit die already.

You can't do that while driving a stick? It's not like you need a death grip on the shifter at all times.

Been driving a manual for 3 months and it's no problem in traffic. Just gotta learn clutch control. Manual makes driving infinitely more fun.

So they can charge $5000 more for the automatic.

WTF, I love manual transmissions.

They were dying out by the 80s. Gen x was the last to really learn. my 83 Honda hatchback was fun as fuck but even more fun was the 73 vw squareback

>texting
no
>soda
Once a month maybe
>big mac
Once a decade if at all

Attached: 1555329221036.jpg (240x240, 6K)

I've never owned an automatic to this day, and I drive a 2016 car.

>cursive

Like it’s some sort of occult new writing

BECAUSE WE'RE FAT LAZY SACKS OF SHIT

For my own benefit I prefer not to do it.
When I drive my girlfriends car I can actually listen to music and enjoy the drive.

When I drive my car I have to constantly focus on the clutch, my car goes 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. I'll easily crash into every car in front of me if I slip off it.

>GenX was the last to do whatever meme
When will you fucking faggots learn.
It's like your determined to be hated like Boomers.

To eat fast food while driving

Attached: 1507952237935.jpg (241x346, 17K)

>why is it so unpopular
Women and manual isn't needed unless you need to go fast or haul something

Because they're generally pointless and a pain in traffic which all major metro areas have tons of.

Man I can't imagine how mindless boring and unfun driving without manual shifting must be. There's nothing better in this world than going into the 5th on the Autobahn 180 on the left trail.

You listen to music instead of AM Conservative talk radio?

My dad used to be a truck driver, for over a decade, banging sixteen gears, his daily driver is an automatic though, he said fuck what other people think, Got nothingnto prove to a bunch of non drivers

The only people I know who still drive a stick are my two sisters, im over 30 so ive met plenty of military guys, oil industry workers, construction trade, etc etc, people who despite their work still chose automatics

Why my sisters perfer manual shifting idk, might be some self projection bs

thanks for the info i had the opportunity to drive my uncle's car which is auto but having a lever and only 2 pedals freaked me out and i declined

Modern automatic transmissions are more efficient and shift faster than a manual. I think it sucks, personally, but shifting gears in stop and go traffic for two hours a day is also a major pain.

Dont even post this on /o/ faggot

Did millennials even learn how to drive?. Anywho no one will ever care about gen x

driving a manual becomes second nature, the only time any thinking might come into play is when stopped on an uphill.

Mine has this hill start assist thingy where it engages the brake to keep you from rolling backwards on a hill.

> Flag: Kazachstan
Opinion: Discarded

>Anywho no one will ever care about gen x
And that's what Boomers thought.
GenX is gonna wide up like Kurt Cobain if you all act like pretentious faggots constantly.

>needlessly complicated stick
The design hasn't changed since 1910. If your manual gear goes out you can replace a synchro rather easily. Just buy one for $10 and a tube of gasket maker. Automatic-cucks literally hand $3,500 to a mechanic.

t. drives a go-cart, much to his dads chagrin

Because you eventually have to replace the clutch and the throwout bearing.You don't have to with an automatic.

HTH
PS You're a retard for asking such a faggy off topis question. KYS now.

I'm so glad I got my BRZ in 6MT. I'm loving it so much. Manual rocks and should be a prerequisite prior to getting a license.

I was learning and stuck in stop and go traffic on a huge fucking bridge with my dad bitching me out and banging int the car behind me

Attached: IMG_20190430_190725.jpg (2592x1944, 2.79M)

kek

depends on the area. no one wants to drive a standard in hilly areas. for obvious reasons.

How nice for you
fag

The same reason the horse and buggy and the telegraph are unpopular
It's outdated technology

Attached: 1544082127423.png (400x391, 95K)

because we have more shit to do while driving than driving, GPS, cell phones, media screens wi-fi car apps and fast food, and anything with a 6 speed auto is master race anyway

do other countries need a droiving loicence or is it only a meme for bongfucks

>replace the clutch and the throwout bearing
Never had a clutch wear down before the throwout bearing went out, they cost $30 and half a Saturday. What's a new automatic go for these days?

We're lazy fat asses who want driving to be as effortless as possible.

I'm sure the 100th time you post it you'll show them dam dirty shartymarts for sure, Nigel. See you again in an hour.

So is this board but you're still shitting up the place.

Attached: sheila.jpg (480x360, 35K)

who the hell would spend the money if the transmission is destroyed, let alone do something so stupid to trash it that bad in the first place? do you think people are just shifting into reverse at full speed on the highway all the time or something? what else would fuck up a trannie that bad that you'd need to fully replace it?

because most of us don't race. That's the only thing a consumer manual gearbox is good for.

How is it millenial's fault they weren't taught cursive or manual vehicles?

Get on my level

Attached: 100_1371.jpg (800x600, 262K)

It's nice that we all get to reconnect in this thread.

I've been driving stick since before you were born, just having a laugh. Seriously Americans seem to prefer to not be reminded they are driving a car while driving a car.

Americans don't like any extra effort to be required when doing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with cars with big red and green pedals.
>its a good way to prevent car theft though

Attached: IMG_20181206_202945_01.jpg (500x597, 43K)

Because most Americans use their cars to drive distances most Europeans would take a train or plane for. An automatic with cruise control makes driving the 1000+ miles from NY back home to Tampa humanly possible by just coasting all the way down 95 on highway mode.

lol do you manually control the up-down motion of the pistons too ? Is that why there's 2 more shifts in the back ? So passagers can keep the engine running for you

>fuel economy
drive by wire throttle + computer controlled automatic is now much more fuel efficient, you fucking 90s boomer from the last thread

Attached: smellslikevictory.gif (94x82, 48K)

I never had either one fail and my current vehicle an automatic I have been driving over 20 years

We all drive manuals in France

I prefer manual and almost every car or truck I’ve owned is a manual. Technology has made the automatic shift quicker and give it better fuel economy. Also most Americans are lazy as shit and don’t want to shift while eating a Big Mac while slurping down a thirst buster. That could make someone spill it all over their vehicle. Also niggers

Attached: 88D034EF-B953-4EB6-99CC-904CC0022328.jpg (1536x2048, 710K)

you also all pee in a box in the street

Replacing one is economical if you lose teeth on your countershaft cluster. Which would run you $150-200. Why? Hard driving and abuse usually, but not everyone drives like grandpa.

I just do that for the nostalgia

Attached: cockmongler.jpg (195x258, 8K)

Just use the fuckin train if your job requires you to be stuck in hour long traffic every day, fuckin faggot. It's pointless in you having a car if you're just gonna use it for that.

Clutches are meant for punishment.

If you take public transportation in the US you'll get raped by a pack of niggers.

Sage, you just made a thread on this earlier. So whutcha sliding nigguh? Or should I throw something really good on here?

Every street corner in medieval Europe had a piss jug.

It is time honored tradition.

Only in Paris... I agree that this city is a shithole.
But at least it's a good thing if they don't pee on the street... or poop.

Attached: poop.png (768x438, 444K)

the europoor likes it so much he changes the lever with the ass

Haha if he uses the train he will be surrounded by fucking poor people like you

Have any of y'all millennials ever squealed tires or done donuts through your enemies yards?

Attached: IMG_20190430_192708.jpg (2592x1944, 2.63M)

>Europeans have to resort to car transmissions in order to find something that they can use to feel superior to Americans
pretty sad