A Warning

Tonight, while I was washing my dirty stack of dishes, frustrated that I had let my place look like the den of a college student, I reflected on where I was a year ago. A year ago, I made the decision to apply to a top tier MBA program. That meant buckling down for the long haul and focusing all my energy on studying for the GMAT and getting my application together. That meant no more Jow Forums, no TV, no Youtube. My days went: wake up at 6am, gym, work, study. Every weekday. Weekends were spent back at the office, studying. Summer flew by, and while I never took vacation, rarely drank, and hardly socialized, there was an underlying sense of pride and accomplishment, something I never felt before.

Studying had never been my forte, I graduated with an undergraduate degree in engineering and a 2.6 GPA: I skated by thinking I’d never go to school again. That brazen laziness came to bite me in ass, but I persisted and got a decent GMAT score. The road was not over; I ended up getting denied or waitlisted from every school I applied to, and by some stroke of luck, I was pulled off the waitlist and accepted to a top 20 MBA program which I will be attending this fall.

Attached: sisyphus-titian.jpg (780x900, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

salliemae.com/student-loans/graduate-student-loans/mba-loan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To see your long term hard work pay off is indescribable and was something I really had never felt before. Slowly but surely, weakness crept back in and I began to visit Jow Forums again. So far, I have been here for about a month and am realizing that it is making me a worse person. I am staying up late again, I’m not reading, my place is becoming unorganized. I don’t even have an addictive personality but I can feel this taking control. I’m becoming more hateful, less focused, and more paranoid. This place lets your mind reach far and wide. It gives the illusion that you are privy to what’s behind the curtain, and maybe that is true, but at what cost?

I urge you all to take a break for a month or so. Use those hours you spend shitposting and find an active hobby. Weightlifting, BJJ, rock climbing, wood working, art, music, something. I don’t like jews, muslims, blacks, thots, or the destruction of the white race but we’re not building anything to combat all that by being here. Look inward not outward. Keep all this in the back of your mind as you build yourself over the years. Become high up in your company, a figurehead in politics, an expert in a field that matters to you. That is where you will be able to make a real difference. The path to greatness and bettering yourself is hard. It is paved with your blood and sweat, but if my year long path to my goal of getting into an MBA program taught me anything, it is that this path is the path of virtue and excellence. If you fall off the horse and slip back into weakness that is okay. Just get back on the horse the next day. Thank you for reading my blog.

not gonna bother further with your poorfag story cause I stopped reading at washing dirty stack of dishes

>he doesn't own a dishwasher

> What is studio apartment
> What is saving money
> What is living in a first world city without muslims outside my front door

fuck off poorfag
go learn for your wagecuck job so you can be a good goyim

Well said. That's what the Talmud teaches to do. Gym, Work, and Study... every day.

However... advising an "active hobby" instead of "study" in the evenings is not correct.

Also, the focus on self-betterment must be understood in the context of the lawful psychopathy necessitated to live life in a major city.

How much debt will the MBA cost you? Have you ever had a sales job or ran a team?

>he doesn't own a dishwasher
Pretty sure this is illegal now.

>he doesn't have a dishwasher
eternal faggot

Attached: 2222122.png (478x523, 9K)

Active hobby as in anything that isn't mindlessly watching something.

Tuition is $55k/year. I work in consulting.

>BJJ
>art
>get into politics
>become a ceo
>go to college

ok i know this is a bait but it's a pretty good one. Enjoy your debt, goy.

You're literally retarded if you don't know how to make debt work for you.

55k a year? For how many years? Have you calculated how long it will take you to pay that off? Bet you haven't. You are fucked!

> I ended up getting denied or waitlisted from every school I applied to
hooray diversity quotas

Attached: 1509889859526.jpg (650x650, 165K)

I can have my pick of any high end job I want after a top 20 MBA. Why the fuck should I worry about how to pay it off?

salliemae.com/student-loans/graduate-student-loans/mba-loan/

we're looking at 4.5% - 10.11%
Since most students don't start repaying till they are done with college that's 55kx4 or 220K.

Now i used this site and the interest rate is a little higher .30% than the max of what salliemae website has listed. But even still the numbers are close.

220k @ 10.40% interest rate for 15 years = roughly 130K in interest payments for a total of 350K thousand dollars.
Need I remind you that this is with $500 a month payments.

You're paying a lot of money for something that's very dicey and rides all on you not fucking up but you still having to pony up every month for 15 fucking years. Your future is uncertain but your monthly payments and your interest payment totals are fucking concrete

Attached: loanrepay.png (649x235, 14K)

Thank you for your story OP. Forget what the others are saying this is inspiring for me. I'm going to my last undergrad class ever tomorrow and will graduate in 1.5 weeks and then starting a job at an investment bank. I have wasted countless hours on the internet when I could've been bettering myself. Had I bettered myself I don't think I would feel so worried about my upcoming job that I feel inadequate for.

Any advice, inspiration, or rude comments by other anons is welcome.

It's 55k a year not a semester. I also have a decent amount of savings that I will use. Eligible for about $80k/year in FAFSA monies.

Don't be scared of debt. Use it to your advantage.

>500/mo payments
>he'll be making enough money for 2k/mo payments and not have nearly as much burden from interest as you calculated.
>after he pays it off he'll probably be making even more money due to promotions etc.

You're the retarded one who is content with your

beautiful user
sums up my existence
here's a (you)

Just to reiterate. Almost anyone would agree that going 350K in the hole for a piece of paper that says your're a good boy is ridiculous.

Now if you're just doing your masters, 55Kx2 = 110K you could get a low interest rate and maybe only pay 4%-6% interest rate. But if you spend the whole 15 years paying it back it's still a good deal more than that. Again, you couldn't get a loan like that for anything but college since college debt is the worst kind of debt you can get into.

Glad someone isn't being a faggot. Don't ever feel inadequate, the working world is full of people who don't know what they are doing, you'll be fine.

IB is long ass hours and it will chew you out. Had a friend intern at GS, worked 7 days a week and slept at the office occasionally. He's now 5 years out in a PE role somewhere else and doing slightly less crazy hours. I'd say put in a good 1 - 3 years and find something you really enjoy. Money doesn't buy happiness even if its $150k at 22 years old.

He said MBA. It is masters and it is 2 years.

Agreed. Messed me up pretty good too at times. Sleep is the worst one.

Attached: 1556228959591.jpg (355x355, 19K)

Currently weighing my loan options. Never done FAFSA before so I need to study up on what those repayment rates look like. I think I should be able to get out okay. My parents might even help.

Thank you user. A 2 real good friends of mine are analysts at GS and Barclays, and they're stressed but from what they've told me it could be worse. I don't care about money enough to do this for even 5 years probably so you're right. That is my goal, and this job will open doors for me. I'm just worried I won't do well because I have horrible work ethic compared to the average IBanker.

However, I truly appreciate your advice, and fucking congrats on top 20 MBA, that is a dream of mine. Your hard work paid off

Couldn't a man of any race say that at this point?

OK great sounds like you've got it figured out.

If he's actually coming from a top school and consulting then he has high IQ and social charm to pull $160k after graduation, growing to $300k if he's running a team of guys like him.

I work in consulting so its full of type-A faggots. These are people who like to look busy all the time and complain about how much they have to do but when you see that they are literally word smithing emails and moving boxes around on a powerpoint for 8+ hours as well as doing "coffee chats" all fucking day you see these people for the retards that they are. Don't be intimidated. Work smart.

thanks, this MBA thing has been a ride so far. Getting in is the hardest part, school should be pretty fun and I hope to meet some great people and grow my network in a new city.

OP is a faggot but unplugging for a few weeks at a time is very good for me.

Unplug every now and then user, go outside, build a gay bird box or spice rack with hand tools or some shit. Fix a fucking lawnmower whatever. Just unplug once in a while and do something with your hands.

I wish, alas here I am on /po/ at midnight.

>Also, the focus on self-betterment must be understood in the context of the lawful psychopathy necessitated to live life in a major city.

What did you mean by this?

That's good to hear honestly because I couldn't fathom how so many people in these competitive jobs work like 10 hours straight every day. It seemed to me they had to be inefficient at some point.

Just wondering, how long have you worked in consulting? Also, enjoy school! I'm dreading leaving it haha

Goddamn. I definitely am going to tell my grad school to fuck off. Not going sorry niggers