Cannabis increases exercise motivation and performance

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-04/uoca-tn042919.php

>B-b-b-but only lazy d-degenerates use weed!

or was it

>B-b-b-but w-w-weed m-makes you lazy

Attached: Could-Cannabis-be-a-Performance-Enhancing-Drug-1-1920x1013.jpg (1920x1013, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3e3b/3bda34382a019a55d92d1c19cde462ea03a5.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=JqoBtZHvuuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cannabis increases exercise motivation and performance
>said no person who has ever tried weed
Yeah, weed makes you soooo much focused and motivated, OP. We were all wrong all this time and this random study proves that, Jow Forums unequivocally BTFO!

Attached: 1545281115268.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

>the word hash derives from some muslim who would eat a shitload of resin and go kill KINGS without making a sound

>yeah because look at all the stoners who aren't out-of-shape faggots
oh wait

oh please, everyone knows if you smoke pot all day long you basically become a superhero and can never get sick and it cures all diseases known to man. We're going to build whole planets out of weed one day. Reality itself is going to be made out of cannabis. Smoke weed and you'll become a god.

>some article
wow guess the science is confirmed! i bet they only studied elite athletes too! the study would be useless otherwise!!!

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3e3b/3bda34382a019a55d92d1c19cde462ea03a5.pdf

did you even read the article?

DYEL confirmed

This is just patently false, OP. You've either never tried weed or you're just baiting. Yet another reason why not to trust random studies.

Attached: 1544003089324.jpg (1166x1089, 195K)

So true! I smoked 2 marijuanas and ran the London Marathon last week. It was easy.

I didn't read the study but my guess is something along the lines of
>Be athlete
>Abuse the fuck out of your body
>Chronic pain
>Weed takes the pain away
>Can work out again

from the article
>Eight out of 10 marijuana users in states where cannabis is legal say they partake in the drug shortly before or after exercise
i wonder what set of activities marijuana users don't report smoking shortly before or after

>Hashashins
>called that because they were often found among the rabble of society who smoked hashish
>Even ancient Muslims called them degenerates/

>Not to be confused with the shitlord twitch streamer "Hashinshin"

I can't speak to the study, but all of the weed users I know are all lazy and all of the anti-weed people I know are fit and motivated, with one exception. I won't say my anecdotes override data, but I'm seriously doubting things right now.

Did you?

yep. since you didnt i'll summarize it for you
>Cannabis use among athletes may reflect external societal and cultural norms and experiences within certain subcultures of sport. Cannabis use is more prevalent among some athletes engaged in high-risk sports, but there is no evidence of performance-enhancing or causal effects. Self-reported use of cannabis for pain and concussion management among elite athletes is increasingly being reported, and with emerging scientific appreciation of the potential physiological role of the endocannabinoid system deserves serious further inquiry. Examples of specific research questions that require attention are the use of cannabinoids to reduce opioid pain medication and the possible role of cannabinoids to prevent or manage symptoms of traumatic brain injury.

I like a smoke but it doesn't ever inspire me to be athletic.

The issue is that most people who smoke weed, start when they are in school or when very young. There was a bunch of old research that stated that smoking weed when your brain is developing stunts growth. Most people just discount all the negative research of the past as "reefer madness" shit. On top of having a possibly stunted brain growth, us humans are creatures of habit. When ever you come across a stressful event, we have our ways of figuring it out and moving on. The issue with most stoners is that they never developed any other coping mechanism besides just going for the doobies. I see this with kids these days all the time. I work as a low voltage electrician and most millennials we hire that smoke weed (we are a "green" company) can't get through a work day without it. I am only 26 myself and I smoke weed every now and then, so don't call me some out of touch boomer. I made the conscious effort to NOT smoke in high school and waited till I was 20 to smoke and 21 to drink, and I feel like that gives me a huge advantage over most of my peers. I guess what I am trying to say is that, pot doesn't make you lazy but it enables a lazy lifestyle. If you already have an active lifestyle and a successful career, smoking pot could be the same as drinking beer. NEVER at work, ONLY when you have no other responsibilities for the rest of the day.

TLDR: go learn some other coping mechanisms you stoners.

Attached: life.jpg (698x680, 53K)

Smoked for years and had no problem hitting 2/3/4/5 plate and cardio. 220lbs with low bodyfat.

Quit smoking weed for about a year, no big difference either way desu but it's harder to get gains without the munchies though.

Bitches love weed though, it's a pussy goldmine

you didn't thats for sure. You just reacted to a shitty headline just like what dumb roasties on facebook do. good work.

You just copied the conclusion, you didn't read the actual article

> There is conflicting literature on the prevalence of cannabis use among elite and nonelite athletes, with some studies suggesting a higher prevalence of cannabis use among elite athletes and others suggesting the reverse; this variation may also relate to existing regional customs and perceptions regarding cannabis. Brisola-Santos et al suggest that “a number of athletic subgroups are at increased risk for marijuana use. Surprisingly, a common rationale for use seems to be to enhance sports performance”17 with particular associations with sliding sports (skeleton and bobsledding) and ice hockey.

>Eichner (1993) reported that cannabis was not ergogenic but rather ergolytic.24 Although specific performance-enhancing effects of cannabis may be in doubt, the use of cannabis to facilitate relaxation and reduce anxiety
may be indirectly perceived to improve performance25,26 particularly in sports such as surfing and skiing. Athletes have also been shown to have higher pain thresholds than controls.27 Data on the effects of cannabis on quantitative sensory testing parameters are not conclusive but suggests that cannabinoids may increase punctate and pressure pain thresholds (Table 1). Cannabis use has also recently been identified as helping athlete’s sleep time and recovery, which may favor performance when an athlete is facing multiple competitions in a short period.28

But it's OK, the vast majority of people don't actually read the articles and just look at the intro/conclusion.

It's a bit easier for someone like me who actually has to read and write scientific literature for a living, so I get why it might be more difficult for a layman like you.

This is common knowledge among economists.
>The most successful people work 60+ weeks
>They also do a ton of drugs at levels most people would find overkill

It turns out that the secret to being willing to work 100 hours a week is to compact all your "lesiure" activities into a single 5 hour coke\weed\booze\hookers binge. Then you have completely satisfied your cravings for the bad stuff and you can easily get yourself to go back to slaving away.

TLDR: high quality leisure is important and drugs make everything more fun.

I read papers at work and school, but you need to be efficient. I am not going to try to digest some garbage literally who paper outside of my field in my 30 minutes before sleep.

I just post and go.

>you need to be efficient

Reading intro and conclusion is not efficient, it's useless lol

This.
There a few functioning potheads, but most are brain dead and delusional really. The problem is every pothead thinks he’s the exception while he smokes his filthy bong and sits in his filthy room, researching all the ways weed ‘opens his mind’. When I smoked I was an infant, just like every stoner I know.

It increases exercise alright, But my friends who continue to do it in the gym all feel sore due to the irregulation+not feeling when it is enough on the weights! They have sore ankles and everything now for 3 days lmao

It is good when for cardio though! Both indoors and outdoors.

Semi here also, Although i broke off the habitual bong hit, i am one of the rare people who did it pure without tobacco, Here they pretend they are "King Weed" but they put cigarette tobacco with every piece of equipment they use, Both disgusting and "poorfag" tier since it means you do not want to waste money on weed (yet you buy 5 grams for 5 euros every week and 50 euros in tobacco WTF!) Oh and they dont smoke "regular" cigarettes so it does not matter ofcourse....

I was gonna write a pithy response to this post but then I got high...

>Reading intro and conclusion is not efficient, it's useless lol
It is when you just want the jist

This is true. Unironically the only time I ever lift is when I smoke. It numbs the muscles and steadies my breathing so I feel like I can lift much longer and heavier than normal. I feel like a beast after.

Yeah, this is the correct answer. The thing is most stoners tend to abuse weed in the same way some people drink too much alcohol.

Attached: 1545738646761.png (1600x1300, 2.71M)

Both. Only lazy degenerates smoke weed and you’d have to be fucking retarded to think otherwise when all of the evidence is in front of you. You’re like those leftwing retards who think niggers are oppressed because the tv says so

You mean those spaced out weed heads want to go for a run?

weed makes you able to post on /x/ only since you won't have the capacity to post somewhere else again
duuuuude
what iff
I forgot fuk

>doubt
I smoke regular but never before a workout, that shit makes it hard

lol, I smoke everyday for past 25 years. You only have to make sure your dopamine levels are fine. Work out everyday and eat healthy. Grow your own. Make money and don’t tell nobody. Invest in crypto.

Attached: F3CB4631-16A2-4AE4-B2F0-0C044E9974C3.jpg (750x657, 653K)

Just shut the fuck up. There's enough marijuana therapeutic effect already. Don't snake oil pitch the damn thing.

Smoked half a joint before crossfit.
Felt confused and destroyed at the same time

A lot of marathon runners use edibles

>Sophie York Williams (first author), Charleen Gust and Raeghan Mueller, Assistant Professor Cinnamon Bidwell and Professor Kent Hutchison contributed to this study.

So a study made by three women, a nig of unknown sex and possibly a single man.

from what i read
>makes you tired more easily
>increases metabolism
other than that, nothing about motivation

none of that says anything about motivation
just talks about recovery and thresholds (and relaxation and anxiety reduction)

i guess if you're a onions who gets so anxious they cant workout (???) then it helps with motivation

depends on the weed. if u smoke haze, you aint movin much, but if you smoke low thc weed ( maximum 10% ) it actully helps you but that kinda weed is rare nowadays because niggas always need some weed which is strong like tranqulizers

In the same way prohibition in America saw the rise of hard liquors. By making weed illigal in the first place, people tried to make the same high in smaller and smaller packages i.e. Wax and other concentrates.

If it was legal across the board then not only would the strength go down due to TONS of home growers, but the black market would disappear overnight.

>finding some thirdhand info that mentions twitch streamers
its named hash after that first guy

>doesnt know about the cancer treating properties of cannabis oil
look into rick simpson oil for one, dude has cured thousands of people.. gee.. i wonder why any industry might be against such a thing????? cancer isnt a lucrative business now, is it?

Attached: 142.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

trying to make me smoke that shit and lose more IQ points
nice try schlomo

Attached: 1544266326259.png (254x238, 76K)

>younger generations don't like tobacco or alcohol but a vocal minority like weed
>there's a push for decriminalisation and legalisation of weed
Hmmm. I wonder why...

This would perhaps be true in an ideal world. But if you look at the rates of things like depression and alienation in people then legalising even more products of stupefaction would be disastrous. You can only really make things like this legal if you have a population who (ironically) wont use it, because they view its effects as unnecessary.

>weed can only, exclusively, solely be smoked and there is absolutely no other way of ingesting it

When I was younger I had my most productive days on it(although it was rare that I was on it a work) to the point of impressing the hell out of my managers and other employees, but somewhere along the way either my brain changed or the green changed because it made me ultra paranoid and made me have to isolate myself, the other good effects still remained though like amazing food and anything I watch being mindblowing.

If you think that the main reason behind this isn't to get it in to stores so that multi-nationals can make loads of cash and governments can't tax the shit out of it, you're totally mistaken and naïve. This wouldn't be pushed even a tenth as hard if it was only to be a component in medication.

jesus worked with pot

Attached: 141.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

I think "reggie(regular) weed is pretty harmless, but a lot of the stuff today is like week shrooms. Some people can really trip out on it and it's too overwhelming to the point of freaking them out.

Bullshit. All weed does is increase your speed to find the bags of doritos and Hershey minis.

what a total pile of bullshit
weed makes you lazy, depressed and drains energy

t. used to smoke weed substantially before coming on Jow Forums

>All weed does is increase your speed to find the bags of doritos and Hershey minis.
lol

no user, you were lazy, depressed, and had no energy. im sure you still are, and tons of people who dont smoke weed are.. dont blame the drug

Attached: 07.jpg (1024x768, 125K)

That's because it makes you extremely fucking agitated, physically.

>no user, you were lazy, depressed, and had no energy
thats where you're wrong kiddo
in any case, stop shilling your degenerate drug here dealer scum

drug dealers should be summarily executed in all cases

this man knows

i smoke before practicing my nunchaku skills while listening to this
youtube.com/watch?v=JqoBtZHvuuU
helps with concentration, especially when naked

>oil can cure cancer
>treats vast amounts of disease
>the hemp can be used to build countless things amongst other shit
>degenerate
lol, fuck off you uneducated little boy

Attached: terrance mckenna.jpg (1024x768, 150K)

Not as much as it cloggs your lungs and is a gateway drug to smoking nicotine making you a piece of cheeze wiz on the couch.

You know, a pair of years ago I'd have called you a retard, but now I think you should definitely keep doing weed. In fact, you should keep proselytizing to others too so they can smoke weed as well. Be sure to get into harder drugs, too.

Attached: 1454935667319.jpg (421x421, 62K)

>Not as much as it cloggs your lungs
marijuana actually helps fight off lung cancer

>gateway drug
>to nicotine
lol. i know quite a few people who have been able to kick cigarettes simply because they were smoking something. when mother fuckers will rally against weed while not giving 2 shits about one of the biggest killers in the world that is cigarettes is absolutely beyond me. fucking NPCs

Attached: jefferson food.jpg (1024x768, 140K)