Pic related was posted on another thread and I wanted to point out something most people miss

Pic related was posted on another thread and I wanted to point out something most people miss
The discussion was centered on the addition of corn syrup in the American kind (a bad idea) vs. sugar in the UK version (another bad idea)
Something important was ignored here in all this sugar talk: the size of the bottles is different.
The UK bottle is 500 grams or 570 ml, the US bottle 20 ounces.
20 ounces is the closest equivalent to the UK size after both are rounded off to a whole number.
570ml is actually 19.274 fluid ounces. 500g is 17.637 ounces.
However you measure, fluid or dry the UK bottle is smaller. It doesn't cost less though.
The UK version at Tesco runs for $3.27, the American version at Walmart sells for $2.23
The larger American bottle is over a dollar less than it's UK counterpart. Welcome to the left wing tax state explains most of that, of course.
The size difference is notable. UK consumers aren't just paying more, they are paying more for less once you convert to metric and round off.

Attached: TheMetricJew.jpg (200x250, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ce9bPpVZ0tI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This loss when you convert to metric is pretty standard.
This conversion is the hidden tax of metric, and why there are so many well funded pro metric campaigns working in the US.
Metric is sold as the scientifically superior system because everything is in ratios of ten.
This was supposedly very important when the metric system was invented because it made it easier to do large sums.
This ignored the fact that most large sums are calculated in a single measurement and conversion is unnecessary.
Metric proponents today ignore that fact that Texas Instruments invented the scientific calculator in 1967 and since then no one has had to worry about putting effort into this kind of math anyways.
Metric's utility is questionable to start with, and is situational at best, and has been obsolete for a half century anyways.
And yet people campaign for it, claiming it's smarter, more scientific, and more modern than the system it replaces.
What they never tell you is the ketchup bottle gets a little smaller when you switch to metric, but it doesn't get any cheaper.
Metric is a tax on working people because yit forces them to pay a little more for a little less.
Since price increases over time are usually incremental and a percentage of the previous price this tax also works like compound interest, always carrying over into each new generation of product.
Metric is nothing more or less than a way to fuck people and convince them they are smarter for paying more.

Attached: gollum11_lrg.jpg (429x430, 35K)

Its because HFCS is paid for by US taxpayers.

>buying basic bitch ketchup
Like complaining about burgers when all you eat is McDonalds

Attached: 3llh1katr0u21.jpg (600x800, 111K)

Most of the top ketchup brands in the US have already gotten rid of HFCS or have pretty affordable versions without it

>lower quality version is also cheaper
who would've though

It's not even called "the metric system", but the "international system", or French "systeme international".
Only three countries in the entire world do not use it, and they are all nigger countries.

you learned this at cumdam ruins economics right?

for me its the mcchicken

Fake ketchup VS Real ketchup

I hate Heinz ketchup... it tastes like vinegar, the bottle is just not confortable to hold, texture is too runny, IT DOESNT HAVE ANY TOMATO FLAVOR

Why are you buying this shit anyways ?

>Metric's utility is questionable to start with, and is situational at best, and has been obsolete for a half century anyways.
HAHAHA

keep your autistic shower thoughts where they belong, not politics

Attached: 1552093632116.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

This ketchup is disgusting btw, i don't get why amerimutts love it

This thread has a faster 0-60 time than any car made in Europe.

Choices we have in capitalism

Attached: Heinz-Simply-Heinz-Tomato-Ketchup-013000004640.jpg (517x1000, 87K)

Little European hands can’t even hold the big American bottle

Salsa passed ketchup for the #1 condiment in the US sales-wise 10-20 years ago. Ketchup thread was posted by Brit who still thinks it’s 1774.

Except the US one has one high fructose corn syrup, nothing else needs to be said

> HFCS
Yeah, I'll pay the extra for NOT having that shit in.

> Import half a billion spics
>Salsa becomes popular
More at 11

none, it's all owned by the same 1%

fucktard kike show flag

Do Europeans really sit down and think, man I'd like a 113 gram burger and wash it down with a nice 354 ml coke. maybe get a sweet 80grams of fries too.

The numbers are absolutely revolting. At least imperial is based on real world situations and uses. Metric is just contrived bullshit for science pursuits but it doesnt mean we have to start giving our babies 120ml bottles before bed.

This real shit, patrician taste

Attached: QADYsqaVs01PCod7T4xw.jpg (375x500, 65K)

Made by gringos for gringos

Attached: E0D6FE2F-BA08-40C4-B736-65C17FD38C25.jpg (488x488, 46K)

refined sugar is the devil

Attached: zog.jpg (243x207, 6K)

Grow your own vegetables. Doesn't take much space (a small garden will fill a can house for the winter) Grow tomatoes, potatoes, a small plot of corn, green beans, cabbage, mustard greens, green onions, peppers. I live on about 3 acres and have a keep a small garden that I can out of every year that fill my 6 foot by 6 foot pumphouse (that I use for my can house) up and have vegetables all winter.

>TOMATO FLAVOR
Fucking gross I don't want to taste tomatoes in my katschup

>big American man can hold two bottles of heinz ketchup at once
>he weights 500 kg
>freedom.jpg

it's red sauce that m8

Attached: 910E9F44-73F7-4DFB-82C0-6C88FB8397FD.png (500x488, 92K)

The primary flavor profile of ketchup is sweet and sour.
Sweet from the tomato and sugar
Sour from the acid content in the tomato
Sweet and Sour is an incredibly popular combination in the US, you see it popping up all over the place in dishes.

who can afford to buy namebrand shit anyways

Ketchup master race checking in

Attached: 65D567F7-614E-417D-B497-D29D5FDA4E8C.jpg (280x280, 19K)

>The UK version at Tesco runs for $3.27, the American version at Walmart sells for $2.23
I just checked the price and you can get a 500g bottle of ketchup from tesco for $2.47 which isn't a meaningful difference
>Metric's utility is questionable
Only someone with no education in maths or science would think that. Your ideas are schizo tier

>posts a thumbnail

What the fuck image macro format is this. Are we really going back to demotivationals?

But fuck Tesco for sperging out that my credit card didn't have a signature. EVERY FUCKING TIME

The real question I have is what is the difference between Ketchup and Catsup? I only like Heinz in the glass bottle.

Wtf is a metric system? Sounds fucking stupid. HAVE SEX.

This is true.

>Comparing Tesco prices with Walmart
That's where you went wrong
>Not comparing Walmart and Asda where a 650g bottle costs £2 or $2.5

I can can as often as I can, but not everyone can can. If you can, you should can.

>buying cuck ketchup
Real champion coming through.

Attached: Beauvais_Tomat_Ketchup_1000_800x800-600x600.png (600x600, 161K)

>tomat

Attached: tom_delay.jpg (380x247, 27K)

>not just using a 65p tube of double concentrate tomato puree with no other ingredients

No French's ketchup?

Impressive how you guys manage to turn ketchup into a hot topic.

Attached: it is.jpg (567x271, 21K)

Whataburger spicy ketchup

Mmmm

Are you dumb in real life too?

He should have used Walmart and Asda as the comparison as Walmart is the parent company of Asda and pretty much Walmart-lite in the UK and he'd have found it's far cheaper than Tesco and you get 150 more grams for less money than Tescos

i dont want to read this HALF bullshit
you just said the numbers equal off then rant on about the price, and dont even fucking point out the difference in ingredients. one is cheap and bullshit the other is the only way to turn something sweet. can u guess which that is

Attached: reporthesethreads.png (699x291, 54K)

>Something important was ignored here in all this
Russian ketchup is absolutely nasty.

Attached: 1211874569796[1].jpg (257x161, 9K)

>ketchup
>completely ignoring that most things are purchased as metric-denominated sizes worldwide especially in the scientific and healthcare domains
>nobody sells you a hundredweight of coal
>when was the last time you got a dram of something
>imperial units don't scale
>not knowing that heinz just buys different bottles locally for other markets and fills them with localized ketchup that may cost more
0/10 very low brain mass

>buy russian poison
>surprised that it's poison
Hmm.

Make sure to buy my wifes ketchup so I can afford to fly to Iran you rapists and baby killers.

Attached: B30637F9-122E-4E65-B8D9-AB9FF8B28054.jpg (3000x1993, 984K)

this kek. hurr our version is full of crap but at least we can buy more of it:DDD

There's no difference between cane sugar and high fructose corn syrup.

One is made from sugarcane, which is generally grown in tropical climates, which the US lacks.

Since we cannot supply ourselves with enough cane sugar and we have an abundance of corn we simply took glucose from corn and turned it into fructose, hence high fructose corn syrup.

Stop being retarded people.

Attached: 7D38DB0A-61D0-454D-8F62-F6F007B4BB03.jpg (1024x782, 190K)

BASED AND IMPERIALPILLED

>10% isn't meaningful.
You used to be conquerers, now you're just defeated.

20oz bottle is $1.39 here

What kind of jaw is this? What stock is Kerry from?

Jewish

It never ends does it?

But how do you get around the fact that the imperial system is defined in terms of the metric (SI) one?

Lie

Mcdonalds here is god tier. Bacon tastes like actual meat, patties are tasty af, its cheap. I compare it to german mcdonalds which is garbage

Attached: 1556731544593.png (657x527, 28K)

>John's paternal grandparents were Austro-Hungarian Jewish immigrants who converted to Catholicism

>pic
God bless murica

>nobody sells you a hundredweight of coal
Yeah I buy it by the ton, fag

give me 1 reason why I shouldn't go mgtow

Attached: 5579964D-1DF9-42D5-945D-B3A81341EF1A.jpg (591x461, 41K)

And?

Attached: 12412.jpg (640x254, 56K)

why the fuck would someone put sweeteners in ketchup? what kind of fat fucking lardass are you?

Attached: 1401987169693.jpg (400x286, 33K)

You should, because youre a fucking faggot who is too weak to fight anything

As much as I want to blame the Left, you're also a shitty little island that doesn't produce anything but sheep and bad cars.

So no duh that shit is going to cost more.

>HFCS is a natural sweetener
>the term natural is very loosely defined in the US

Just in case someone ever says he's catholic.

Yeah same, uk Heinz Tomato Ketchup is delicious and has quite a nice rich flavour, there are even better and more expensive brands out there though

What's it like on chips?

I might try that.

Seriously who over the age of 12 even likes ketchup? Mustard is for hot dogs and mayo is for everything else.

soi status:confirmed

He's about as Catholic as this Pope is.

>The larger American bottle is over a dollar less than it's UK counterpart. Welcome to the left wing tax state explains most of that, of course.
The left wing tax state explains some of it, but not much.
Tax to GDP ratio in UK and US are pretty similar, but the US does indeed have a slightly lower tax to GDP ratio.
It can mostly be explained by your misunderstanding of exchange rates as a means of judging prices, is pretty flawed.
A good way of demonstrating this would be to say that if the pound sterling suddenly lost half of its value, we in the UK would suddenly have a fanstastic deal on ketchup?
A better way of judging prices is of course how much ketchup you can get with the average disposable income USA vs UK.
It's pretty difficult to perform that test, which is why people are so lazy and just use exchange rates and say that's it.

youtu.be/Ce9bPpVZ0tI

Fuck yeah

Attached: 21232.gif (215x384, 3.49M)

why is it luminous red in America though?

The UK doesn’t produce almost anything in it and all ingredients are imported, it costs money. Also you subsidise farmers for that corn syrup hand over fist so your sticker price isn’t the real price

Ahahahhahahaha europeans btfo trying to brag for paying more for less

Why not eat at your own chains?

idiot leaf, (((heinz))) makes a ketchup without hfcs as well as the plastic tasting one that does have the hfcs

from a country that has ketchup flavored potato chips you really dont know ketchup

Ketchup is for fucking kids. Grow up

Ketchup would be a horrible lubricant or do you use the ketchup to lure them into your van? Pls advise.

>this thread
>about the metric system
>not about taxation and social spending
dude, do the world a favour and get fucking rekt on a machinery fire.
Prices for anything are always higher in the UK than in the US. Did you know a PS4 costed the about 50 bucks more at launch in the UK? This is because of taxation. Why so heavily taxed? Because of social spending, like the NHS, all other social programs.
Now you might like the social spending or not and that's a different issue, but please stop being a retarded faggot that thinks these prices differences are due the fucking metric system. just fuck off

Attached: 3032620442_a715965f2e.jpg (500x500, 80K)

Saving money on the letters

Metric is so fucking gay. Kilometers per hour is so damn gay. Why I'm going 300 kilometers an hour. That must be faaaast! Wrong, that's only 55 mph. Which is why Europeans are content driving shitty slow cars that they think are fast. It's nigger tier retardation.

Use your brain and think about it for at least 5 seconds

And its not like scientists slave themselves to metric. They invent units convient for whatever they are studying

shut it down!

I never buy Heinz, John Kerry is part of that family. I get cheap store brand stuff, can't tell the difference.

there is a difference but it is pretty minor. cane sugar is about 50 percent fructose and hfcs is 55 percent.