Why won't business owners pay their employees a fair wage?

Why won't business owners pay their employees a fair wage?

Attached: 2zwtl0.jpg (614x406, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

work.chron.com/hourly-wage-garbage-man-1853.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define fair.

How about able to afford food, rent, and utilities without having to go on welfare as a start?

Attached: 140624-CWCE_Food_Stamp_Scam_POST_CHART.png (638x638, 205K)

what does your employer have to do with the grocery store, your landlord, or the electric company?

Paying a decent fucking wage to afford those things.

They do, if the wage a company offer is not competitive with other corporations in the market then prospective employees will simply go elsewhere and the business will fail.
The problem occurs when the corporation in question has no competitors.
This is most commonly caused by government intervention (usually at the behest of lobbyists) creating barriers to entry

how is that your employer's responsibility?

Stop going to Starbucks and going on vacation and party on the weekends

>They do, if the wage a company offer is not competitive with other corporations in the market then prospective employees will simply go elsewhere and the business will fail.
This does not work with a over abundance of labor supply.

Then be against illegal immigration and be for stricter immigration standards.

You niggers aren't worth more than about tree fiddy an hour. So...

Attached: 1iham1.jpg (400x300, 28K)

>does not work with a over abundance of labor supply.
most certainly does.

Why not be against immigration and greedy corporations?

because mass immigration into the west means you don't have to

More like republicans refusing to raise the minimum wage means many people live in poverty.

>greedy corporations
define greed.

That’s not a blanket occurrence. Although keep in mind that if you work for a corporation they technically don’t care about you and only if you maximize their profits. (((They))) made it now that they are recognized as people so that’s part of the issue. It essentially boils down to greed user and practically 0 oversight.

raising the minimum wage increases poverty because the price of milk is directly tied to the minimum wage.
all food products are based on the price of milk.
all living costs are based on the cost of food.
that is economics 101.

min wage is set at local level. why doesn't SF raise min wage so workers can afford an apartment in the city? do republicans control SF?

Only caring about making profits at the cost of the wellbeing of others (does not apply only to people).

>muh inflation
Explain this fag.

Attached: DsIxDylX4AEhfQ9.jpg (1200x674, 106K)

Technically corporations can’t be greedy as they are not people but constructs used to generate money. They need to be held in check by enforced laws.

>nordic countries
you know that their economy is nothing compared to ours, right?
>Only caring about making profits at the cost of the wellbeing of others
incorrect!
greed is wanting for more than you need.
a corporation wants nothing, it is the workers and shareholders that want to make the profit.
you could call the people of that corporation the "corporation", but the workers and shareholders would not be guilty of greed because profit does not equal greed and the corporation itself wants nothing but needs everything.
therefore, corporations can never be greedy.
>They need to be held in check by enforced laws
correct!
but when the laws are written by corrupt people...

Food and rent/housing inflated at different rates. Try again. Inb4 just get out of places where jobs are at

>Food and rent/housing inflated at different rates
incorrect!
they directly correlate to each other and correlation does equal causation.
only a fool thinks it doesn't.

The real problem is (((rent))) and (((college))).
I make $13.50 an hour, 28kish a year. I have to rent with a roommate who makes less. Our rent is almost $800 a month so after alls said and done we can bank $700 a month.
>(((College))) costs around $150 per credit at the COMMUNITY COLLEGE
>so full time is $1800 every 3 months not counting books
>books are $100+ each (you can buy used if you know someone or can risk missing pages)
>you need a minimum of 4 books (1 per class, each class is around 3 credits)
>some classes require 2 books, 1 is $100+ the other might be $50
>registration costs extra (idk how much these days)
>liberal propaganda 24/7
>if they find out your conservative they can kick you out of classes (no refund GOY)
It's a God damned clown world, if you want rage fule look at your local college and how impossible it is to better yourself in the modern clown era.

Attached: wojak.png (645x773, 41K)

How is it ours to make your business prosper? People.like you are the problem
>Opens a business
>Thinks about himself only
>Why people won't come or stay?
You must be that pathetic Boomer on YT

Why the fuck would I pay for someone else's house?

*How it is

my bad

>How is it ours to make your business prosper?
you're the one that came to me looking for a job.
the job i offered was to make my business prosper.
you accepted.

>a corporation wants nothing, it is the workers and shareholders that want to make the profit.
The corporation is the reflection of the interests of its workers/shareholders so the corporation will have their interests as a whole (aka generating profits)
>When the laws are written by corrupt people....
It’s more complicated then that, it’s also about the quality of the enforcement of those laws and the exploitation of loopholes in said laws that are ignored sometimes purposely by law makers.

but if the law makers weren't corrupt...

user I get they are corrupt, Most of the legislation bench has been fucked since JFK.But if you have 0 enforcement of those laws and/or you have exploitation of the laws then implementeng all the laws in the world will do nothing.

my point was that if the law makers weren't corrupt then the law enforcement would be forced to comply or face being fired for not doing their jobs.

Why do employees work for less than they are worth?

Why don't employees learn to do something that's worth that much?

Then CLOSE THE FUCKING BORDER, for starters.

Not necessarily, the only control the legislative branch has to to make laws, not enforce them. The enforcement of those laws is independent of the making of them. They can be easily manipulated either socially or by direct means such as bribery. For example, if the speed limit is 50, why is it accepted to drive 60? It’s an enforceable offense but officers choose not to because in our society we made up the 10 mph above the speed limit rule.

They employ like 4 people nigger

>The enforcement of those laws is independent of the making of them
congress can instruct the military to enter martial law.

Because they don't have to. It is pretty simple, when you don't have any collaboration between workers to apply real pressure against a company, and a open doors policy regarding people going through the border, lacking governmental agencies checking workplaces if they are following the law, then WHY NOT JUST POCKET THE MONEY!!!!!

sadly this is true.
Labor laws are so thin that employers can still get away with being generally greedy, evil, Jews.
Not to mention nobody is in unions anymore.
There should be nationwide strikes if you ever want to make a change.

This is patently false. In Italy a big mac is about 7$, how the hell can it be 4.71 in Denmark?

Why is it my responsibility to run your company then? We're not doing all your work because we think it's fun you fucking goober.

>Martial law
Do you honestly expect congress who has never enforced martial law, to issue it because of potentially minor infractions or bending of the laws in place? That’s not how martial law works user.

That is an excellent explanation user.

The American Dream.

lol idiots

Also that doesn’t address that they aren’t involved in enforcement of the law in any way shape or form.

Stop living above your means

Because they have so many possible options for who they can employee since there are so many people that it works against the working class because we have completely devalued labor as a society.

The problem is gouging by your grocery store, electric company, and landlord, not your wages.

>Why is it my responsibility to run your company then?
see
>Do you honestly expect congress who has never
because they're corrupt.
>doesn’t address that they aren’t involved in enforcement of the law
martial law is enforcement of the law.
they can enact it.
that makes them a part of it.

Attached: chase.jpg (751x406, 40K)

That's complete bull. McDonalds workers dont earn that, especially as a "start".
Try again.

Only boomers do that, you stupid fuck

Attached: 1553014524801.jpg (545x478, 39K)

You're simplifying things to an extreme degree and ignoring the broader impact of your actions. You're also ignoring the fact that there's a massive, massive power imbalance between an established business and an unemployed individual. Contracts mean nothing morally if they're just a wall of text that can't be negotiated with, that's just using the law as a blunt object against the weak.

Why do you willingly work for a business that doesn't pay a fair wage?

Wtf did donald trump say agian??? And the fuck did he do instead?? Dtupid fucking idiot

>i offer employment
>you seek employment
>you agree to my terms of employment
>you bitch about my terms after the fact
it's like you're a chick.

There is literally no choice. Not everyone can be a CEO. There are some jobs that absolutely, 100% need to be done, but aren't glamorous, like trash collection. Why should we treat like shit the people who are doing invaluable work for our society, and redistribute their just due to those who have so much money that they can't even spend it all? It's not the recipe for a successful society.

I see the point of my post sailed completely over your head.

Maybe you don't know, but McD does not hire adult employees here. They usually hire people in the age 16-17 and fire them 18 to avoid paying grown-up wages. So that "wage" is pretty much wrong.

McD is bloody expensive compared to all the Kebab shops, Pizzarias, and burgerbars here, that's why they close down shops. Food quality is too low compared to the price.....

>martial law is enforcement of the law.
they can enact it. that makes them a part of it.
You’re missing the point user, just because they can enact martial law doesn’t put them in charge of anything more then their job. They aren’t in charge of law enforcement, the agencies, police, and military and do not control them.

apparently you don't understand that everything is simple.
nothing is complicated unless a leftist makes it convoluted.

irrelevant.
enacting it is part of it.

I fear that I have the same issue user

You are stupid. I wish i was a trash collector, those faggots can make upwards of 100k for driveing a fucking truck. The only people making minimum wage are teenagers and illigals because that what they are worth.

I know this doesn't fit into your fantasy world, but IRL businesses collude with the government literally all the time. You whine and bitch about government corruption without seeing what the corrupting force is. Big pharma shitheads just make it illegal to compete with them.

Every time you point out what goes on in reality, a libertarian will whinge that it's not real capitalism. This supposed real capitalism works only in your imagination...if capitalism worked like libertarians said it did, that would be awesome. But it never has, anywhere, in all of human history. Prove me wrong.

>irrelevant
user, the Legislation branch does not control the army.

they don't ask for it, or they don't deserve it and they're overvaluing their labor. If they can get better value for their time I have no problem with them seeking that out.

I demanded a 10k raise last week and got it.

Maybe you aren't paid anything because you aren't worth anything. Shit pay is fair for shit people.

>Food quality is too low compared to the price.....

I agree. My time in Copenhagen was amazing, the street food is god like, and it costs so little compared to any restaurant, fast food or not.

Because your definition of "fair" is retarded

>IRL businesses collude with the government literally all the time.
No shit Sherlock, why assume I thought otherwise?

because my fellow amerishart logic
and loonytarians

work.chron.com/hourly-wage-garbage-man-1853.html
Where the actual fuck are you getting these numbers?
>everything is simple. nothing is complicated unless a leftist makes it convoluted.
Ah, so you're just sheltered.

>everything is simple.
>nothing is complicated
oh you starry-eyed idealist

A decent employer will know to pay his employees enough to buy the products they're making.

You are talking like selfish businesses are God's gift to mankind. It makes it sound like you've never had a real job.

It does actually, because people won't work slave wages.
Why do you think boomers complain that millennials are lazy? They're not retarded enough to work for €10/hr.

people are just lazy
>work at a fred meyer
>started at 11.8 an hour in the deli
>notice on the wall a job posting for grocery department
>now i make almost 19 an hour stocking shelves at night not even having to deal with people
i was the only one to apply for the department too people just get comfy where they are they want to complain but not do anything to fix it

Attached: pathetic.jpg (900x1211, 138K)

That’s entirely dependent on the product user. The average military engineer or technician are not going to be buying tanks or helicopters.

I'm poor

>19/hr
You're a broken arm away from being a hobo

>talking like selfish businesses are God's gift to mankind
Why are you assuming so much? Who shit in your cereal today user?

And what do you do? Suck dick all day or something?

>if the wage a company offer is not competitive with other corporations in the market then prospective employees will simply go elsewhere and the business will fail.
t. trust fund kid who has never looked for a job

>Who shit in your cereal today user?
FAGGOTS LIKE YOU! I'm just in a bad mood today user.

i know it aint CEO level im just saying it took literally 3 minutes of work filling out the in store application to get a 6 an hour raise imagine if all these people lobbying for min wage increases went job searching instead

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

> No one is in unions anymore

Nigger, you're dumb.

Google that if you're unsure

>What are employee benefits
>What is workers comp.
user I’m beginning to think you’re the one who’s never had a job

>books are 100+ each
don't you have libraries in the states?

If you're not a homeowner in your mid to late 20s you might as well give up. Statistically speaking you won't make it, and will be stuck at where you're at now or worse.

Mate If you’re in bad mood you might want to discuss economics and politics especially here of all places.

How many of the men in this photo are jews?

*might not want to

Well 40 years ago you'd have gotten enough from that gig to buy a house and raise a family. 19/hr is enough for a single person to tread water. It's not like there's much room for advancement from where you are currently. I don't think people these days realize how easy people in the past had it.

Pure kikery if I've ever seen it

You guys should instituate federal minimum wage, it works heavens in my country.
And with the heavy regulation in everything in my country, our country is so fuckying rich.
Our economy is propering for the common good som much.

Attached: f3e43703282e6e6611a9e41911ab53c0b156a5119b6bc00c9895cad75a21f22b.png (3249x2437, 1.6M)

Most businesses are trying to keep peoples' hours down or putting down employees as contractors so that they don't have to pay either of those. It's the whole model for Uber, Lyft, Taskrabbit, and even parts of Amazon. With the latter example they cut benefits to warehouse employees after political pressure forced them to raise wages to 15/hr. And unfortunately I was injured at work at one point so I know all about workers comp.

I think you finally said something I agree with.