Why aren’t millennials and zoomers going into trades?

Why aren’t millennials and zoomers going into trades?

Attached: 04BD001E-3E33-4595-84BC-B9164BCA24D1.jpg (898x960, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicet.org/become-certified/how-do-i-get-certified/technician-certification-programs/civil-engineering/asphalt-concrete-soils/
youtu.be/GrrPQ7ModXc
bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/mobile/home.htm
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/home.htm
bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/mobile/home.htm
youtu.be/kQBZfcEJtLM
youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 7BCC3FAD-98C0-4E73-BFA0-78952F4B10B4.png (500x566, 153K)

Isn't it like bad for your body desu

They are

My 8 year old son told me college is expensive so he doesn't want to go.

Based, ZOG BTFO

Actually no the human body isn’t made to be sedentary. The 50 year old tradesmen I work with are way healthier than the office drones I know their age.

>*sip*

Joe doesn't look like he's 50 you bummeister.

>than you have
>than
retard level iq

Please please PLEASE tell me where I can get a 4 year paid apprenticeship with no prior experience. PLEASE. I live in upstate SC.

Steamfitting, Millwrights, Lineman, Inside Wireman, HVAC, Long-Haul Trucking, etc

thats the point idiot. he doesn't have to be.

Based Joe.

somebody went to college ;)

>Steamfitting, Millwrights, Lineman, Inside Wireman, HVAC

Gotta know someone or be a nigger or gash

They do. Guy on right is doing it.
There's lots of construction in my neighborhood right now and its all gen y men on the sites. Get out of the city faggot.

>than
Yup thats a tradie for you

Because the media bashes trades and says its for losers even though it actually pays really well and is a secure job most of the time

>go into trades
>work with literal shit
>get paid shit
No thanks

I’ve worked construction and factory jobs every guy who was 35+ had shit tier bodies. They couldn’t do more than walk lift or hunt.

My HVAC class is 13 people, youngest guy is 19 I think

i dont really post useful shit often, but im reminded of a really decent job in my field.

nicet.org/become-certified/how-do-i-get-certified/technician-certification-programs/civil-engineering/asphalt-concrete-soils/

look over that sort of job and see if youre interested. you test concrete, soil, and asphalt. not glamorous, but if you have your certs (called something like ICC or IIC or something, i forget) you can immediately command $60k in any area with a population above 100,000. the cert tests arent difficult if you have triple digit IQ. you basically test materials for construction, and youre indispensable.

its a cross between a trade and a white collar job for sure, and the thing is its not advertised much so few know the opportunity exists. im in vegas, and companies like las vegas paving and aztech are literally always hiring. i considered it for a short while, but was already too entrenched in another field.

trust me, the job isnt difficult, just show up sober and on time.

Attached: anderson.jpg (300x450, 31K)

Change "philosophy" to "business management" or "Psychology"

even trades now require a college degree lol

even STEM degrees are suffering
College is the ultimate trap of our generation

Attached: 1552527898167.jpg (848x480, 51K)

>They couldn’t do more than walk lift or hunt.

What else are you supposed to be able to do, faggot?

Too many millenials are firmly ensconced in their Liberal Boy Recliners, playing XBOX in moms basement.
Proof:

youtu.be/GrrPQ7ModXc

Imagine taking a loan out for a product with no set value outside it's own production line, that isn't resellable and is replaced with new models yearly.

What the fuck is wrong with people. The US government especially needs to stop giving out loans to retards or it'll just get worse. Schools will charge as high as they can if spots stay filled.

Real problem is how many legitimate dumbasses are encouraged to pursue a degree because they did good in highschool

Joe is going to die from arcing and falling to his death, or at least have a metal shard fly into his eye and need to have his cornea replaced and go on anti-rejection meds for the rest of his life.

Jim sounds better, knowing he won't have to pay back the 100k of student debt.

EEEEVERYONE IN ORDER TO SCARE THE KIKES THEIR HONEYPOT HERE IS IN JEOPARDY OF BEING DESTROYED WE ARE LEAVING THE SITE AT 12AM ET FOR 30 MINUTES

WE ARE HUDDLING UP AT >NEINCHAN FOR THIS HAPPENING

GET IN THE MEGATHREAD

nothing wrong with psych if you're going into business, law enforcement or intelligence

80k? I'm a lineman and I made $115k last year in the midwest.

trades are overrated. its a stupid manosphere/boomer meme that needs to die. Its a good choice for people who are practical with their hands but not "book smart" but its a terrible terrible idea for anyone with an IQ over 90.

>dude pay for my college lmao

Attached: OSU Fat studies.jpg (640x480, 52K)

There's not a single loan or bill the Boomers didn't take an opportunity to pass on to us.

Higher education was for the most part non-profit during their time. In spite of how expensive college became, they threw us out into the world with this ball and chain around our necks and apologize for nothing. They couldn't be bothered to consider, "Hey, here's how much it will cost to service your student loan debt vis-a-vis expected salary in the field you're pursuing." That would require effort and having consideration for the future which was beyond their capacity, character, and empathy.

Whats the biggest risk and how high do you have to climb? Have you seen any coworkers die?

I don't know about zoomers but I sure as fuck don't want to be a joe, I want to be big money OR dirty govt
neither are reasonable

Mother fuckers expect you to go to trade school and get a certificate. Takes between 3-5 years depending which trade you choose. Which makes you accumulate 20-40k in fucking debt. Not to mention that those first few years, 1-3 your pay will be bottom of the barrel dog shit. The process to get into one is ridiculously as well. I fucking hate boomers and their boys club.

Make more than a great majority of you faggots working in skilled trades.

~180k with OT

>spends half of it on rent

this is why they shill for trades

I took the fatass pill. How do I exploit fat acceptance retards?
I mean if you're fine with doing that kind of work and aren't above average intelligence it's probably the safest choice

>ball and chain
Fuck off. My parents tried to get me to do it too, I just told them no and got a job instead, then took what I learned there and work for myself now.

Don't make excuses, nobody held a gun to your head.

I don't live in a high cost of living area. So, no.

My wife's a nurse so grossing 240k a year with a 3k sqft house and 2200 mortgage ain't shit. Not to mention side jobs.

White men who fall for the trades meme are lazy cowards who aren't willing to put in real work academically and networking to gain power and wealth.

Better to suffer through college, build Fortune 500 companies and use their wealth and power to change the world. Do they do that? Of course not. That's hard. That's risky. Why fight when you can be a plumber, buy a Camaro and play vidya 24/7?

Modern white men are sniveling cowards, who have refused to adapt to the modern battlefield. They have lost control of EVERY institution and industry that confers wealth and power, and their response has been to run from every engagement.

Take the elevator trade pill anons. Lift yourselves from a jobless existence and make thousands.

>got a business degree
>works at a call center
Maybe you’ll make it to manager one day

Proud of you.

This is too fucking retarded to even pick apart appropriately because someone so stupid couldn't be convinced otherwise. Yes, most men are skilled tradesmen and are lazy. All men should strive to be a multibillionaire and if they fall anything short of that they are lazy failures. I think being around chemicals that are cancerous and having shit fall on you that could kill you is pretty fucking hard and risky.

bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/mobile/home.htm
>average median pay ~$50k

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/home.htm
>average median pay ~$75k

bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/mobile/home.htm
>average median salary ~$90k

brainlet tradefags btfo4e

You are fucking retarded. It’s an application process. Go check your local union websites and see when they’re starting interviews.

Damn son, you did it right. It's kinda funny I could legit be a lineman (got the build, my grandpa was one also) but could also get into nursing pretty quick and make $$$ and probably enjoy helping people also. I do tech shit now, which is terrible.

But I am, and it sucks

>"Boyfriends" instead of "Boyfriend's"
>Than instead of then
>Stupid ass banner on the bottom
Tumblr was always a mistake.

I knew a kike who literally did this. Majored in business.

Engineer from Texas here. No, not engineering school.

Most trades now require a 2-year degree
It's not the "get a job right out of high school" shit it used to be

Because a lot of retards don't pick the right stem field for them.
They'll get a CompSci degree and not know that you can't leave all he computers on a network discoverable and properly partitioned on vlans. Or that setting workstations to local admin is a shitty fucking idea.
>Literally something I'm fixing.

Risk? There really is not much risk, everyone I work with recieves 4 years of schooling and apprenticeship and are trained well. Anyone who is dangerous or incapable will not make it through their apprenticeship. I've not seen anyone hurt. I'm a distribution lineman so I generally climb up to about 35' - 45' but really you spend 99% of the time either working from the bucket or on underground equipment. You have to keep your head about you at all times and its challenging so it keeps it interesting. And besides it's not all hard work there is plenty of downtime and maintenance on easier days.

lol itfag detected. what's the matter, couldn't hack the math? don't feel bad most niggers can't stand the stuff.

>it's not all hard work there is plenty of downtime and maintenance on easier days.
figured as much, considering the physical risk involved.

my bro is an electrician doing commercial and seen someone arced off a ladder once. then again my uncle is also a lineman and has been at it for 30 years and is pretty comfy and is by no means a manly man, in fact he's kinda pudgy and soft.

>Long-Haul Trucking
LMAO
No industry's been kiked as hard as that in the last 10 years
>e-logs
>dash cams making your cab into your personal Big Brother episode
>GPS monitoring your every mile
>your boss blows up your cell phone the moment you do one little thing wrong
Leave that shit to Sergei, that industry's fucking dead, it's not the safety valve for outsiders it used to be

The biggest risk is not checking your gloves. Lemme find a vid

Skip to 3 minutes in. When the glove incinerates, that’s you dying instantly.
As high as lines run.

Even with all of that "dirt" you can see how moisturized and taken care his hand is. Fag.

Don't fall for this meme.
Trades are the ultimate wageslavery.
I'm a TIG welder.
I have to work at least 60 hours a week or I'll get fired and replaced with somebody who is willing to work those hours.
I don't get paid that well.
I breathe in toxic aluminum fumes daily.
I get sunburn on my neck so my skin is constantly pealing.
I hate my boomer co-workers who only talk about Trump and football.
It's not a good life.
Get a comfy office job and pursue your hobbies and dreams in your free time. You'll have to abandon them if you get into trades.

Do you have any idea how utterly complicated proper network security is?
People like me get paid lots of money because idiots like you open email attachments.

they were told the trades sucked all their life

>I'm a TIG welder.
>I have to work at least 60 hours a week or I'll get fired and replaced with somebody who is willing to work those hours.
>I don't get paid that well.
>I breathe in toxic aluminum fumes daily.
my college instructor was an ex-welder who went into tech for reasons you stated

So what you want is too many chiefs but not enough indians. Just in case you haven't been out in the real world in while I'd like to remind you that not everybody has the same ability. Not everyone can be top of the tree.

lol itfag thinks he makes more than dev. get a load of this faggot. at least tell me you consult and something and aren't some supply closet cost center fag

Lol seriously?

Engineering is 70k, that's a fucking joke.

You do understand that construction includes a fuck load of general labor and flagging fags that lower the wages.

Anyone who isn't a bitch, and isn't a brainlet can make fucking bank in actual skilled labor. General work in said skilled labor field for like 5 years, showing yourself not to be a fucking a clown, and you move up.

Foreman, project manager, superintendent...

Making commission on multi million dollar jobs. Stay stuck in your retard thought that all construction is heavy highway.

All chemical, powerplant, health, scientific research, pharmaceuticals, all industry have trades that have to construct these facilities. And what you see on modern marvels, with engineers being King, is a joke.

Blue print boys get paid shit, get laid off after their two years of work out of college for some indian visa cunt. They don't know their fields, have no on the job experience. Their mistakes are fixed by any trade worker who's actual competent.

This is a rant. But any fag pushing this shit about trades being a joke are clowns. Unless you're the actual owner of the trade companies, youre offbase as shit.

Any none retard reading this, learn your shit. Start your own company and become one of the largest private companies in the us. I say that because the largest private companies are construction companies.

Fags

smart man.
I'm on the same path. Soon I'll be working from home in my pajama pants drinking my coffee and cooking my own meals for lunch.
trades are shit. Not to mention they're getting replaced with robots very fast, especially welders.

Lmao I forgot to post it
youtu.be/kQBZfcEJtLM

>right than and there me and my boyfriends started clapping

Faggot.
I'm the guy that disables your USB ports because you annoyed me too many times.
I tell the intern to ignore all your help desk tickets.

cope

They can't. Involves frequent standing up.

top kek "80k annually"

fuckin retard few people make that in muh trades

>reddit spacing
>"just be warren buffett goy" faggot shit
Fuck off

Attached: 1545452045960.png (703x628, 638K)

because they are depressed.
youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

damn that is some fine sysadminfag salt. you're just another brainlet user to even the lowest tier dev. go use your shitty utilities some newfag dev wrote for your brainlet ass and keep telling yourself you can compete. damn fine cope

trades are a fucking joke
and you have not proved otherwise, kid bozo

how does it feel to be first in line to be replAIced?

lol bro. I'm at a crossroads in life. Considering trades, or nursing, something other than sitting at a desk. But I also have a security cert and it would be a waste to throw my training away. Could probably build it into ethical hacking career quicker than completely changing to something else like trades/nursing.

Oh, what a horrible crime, trusting our parents and all the adult figures in society.

And isn't it ironic how the "don't trust anyone over thirty" meme originated with the Boomers, and they were the ones who ended up in fact manifesting that? Satan's generation.

I'm not the first one to point this out, but they were the first to strongly generationize themselves, and then succeeding generations are Generation X, Generation Y, Generation Z, almost like it's a countdown to extinction.

I'm sort of indifferent as to whether the Chinese or Muslims take over at this point. Jews are only two percent of the population. I've arrived at the conclusion that who really belong in the triple parentheses are the Boomers. They were generational bandits, and notice how all marketing is directed towards them. Senior living, real estate refinancing, stylish incontinence apparel, what a sick society we're living in. The marketers and advertising agencies know they have all the wealth hoarded up.

And I'm not a neet. I work two jobs. They're generally bad people. It's sort of like two societies, everyone under 50, and the Boomers, and I can see that with attitude, with demeanor, with self-awareness, every facet of existence. They really created this generational death cult among themselves and don't like young people.

In their infinite narcissism, it's almost as if we need to be attacked and pushed around because aging was a foreign concept to them, and they have to destroy our youth to reinvigorate themselves. We're on the chopping block.

It's very hard to be a patriotic American when I look around and literally everything in society is catered to and revolves around seniors. Gen X was the last to have anything resembling their own youth culture and identity, and the Boomers shit on them and mocked them too.

Because trades pay jackshit in Germany, courtesy of Slav plumbers and electricians who work for pennies

Because although it’s a cute meme, tertiary education is a huge leg up for people.
Even non-stem educations pay themselves off and the earning potential of educated people vastly exceeds the trades.
However, we need a lower class so by all means - you all do you.

I'm drunk and ranting to possibly decent fucking dudes stuck In a rut hearing opinions from clowns like you. I don't want some young cunt to travel down some joke path.

Sounds like you need to cope.

As miniscule as it is, I'm trying to lessen the knowledge gap that's already upon trades. And because it is honest good work.

Because my entertainment job wont be replaced by automation

Not to mention raising a family on that shit is retarded. You will never be home so your kids might as well be raised by a single mom.

>Live in shithole Mississippi
>Go to community college because of boomer parents forcing it and I had full scholarship anyway
>They tell me to go to 4 year college after I finish even though I have no idea what I want to do
>"Just take an engineering course and figure it out!"
>obviously fail because I'm not interested and tired of school
>30k in debt for 2 years
>parents wouldn't even cosign so it's all mine
>decide to apply to trade school
>spend 20 minutes filling out an application
>"That'll be $50 and $25 for the transcript from each college you attended for us to review your application"
It just left a sour taste in my mouth after getting fucked in the ass by the college jew for a trade school to pull the exact same scam shit.

I just told the college kikes to blow me when they wanted to start collecting my college debt.
>We'll garnish your wages!
Go ahead faggots I don't have a job and I'd sooner die on the streets than pay back that loan.

>tfw security guard
>$15/hr to babysit a desk

>isn’t an accounting major
>never gonna make it

Yeah. It's why I'm not driving cargo vans right now. I have a fiancee and we're working on kids.

Eat shit

Attached: 1548249230372.png (388x443, 303K)

Quite a few trades are incredibly difficult to get into. My brother just started his electrician's union training a couple weeks ago, for a few months before he was registering, testing in, and doing random bullshit that they make purposefully complex, difficult and/or annoying. Just to sign up for the ability to test in there were 2 days a month they were able to turn in their applications between 10am and 2pm.

After he got through all that bullshit, they only took about 70 out of over 1000 that applied, and that's normal numbers on a yearly basis.

They do everything they can to make it difficult to join, or needing to know someone in most cases. The only "trade" I've heard of around me that this isn't the case is laborers.

>drunk
>rant coping on Jow Forums
>dead-end working class wageslavery
yeah anybody in a rut should consider looking for life advice elsewhere

>>
run fatass

because tradesman can't take a guy with a beard, man bun, skinny jeans, and a vape pen seriously.