Why didn't European domesticate the moose? Why did they fail to tame it?

Why didn't European domesticate the moose? Why did they fail to tame it?

Attached: Moose_superior.jpg (1938x1814, 844K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QUYx59Jkhic?t=146
messybeast.com/history/working.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=J184FmCiuLk
blog.nationalgeographic.org/2014/05/05/your-weird-animal-questions-answered-can-you-tame-a-moose/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_cavalry
youtube.com/watch?v=odLy0jJWoDk
youtu.be/jXv-KIDxjlY
thelocal.se/20180616/famous-white-elk-vanishes-in-western-sweden
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Impossible to domesticate such a noble beast.

The same reason why you don't domesticate deer nigger.

Are they even social animals? I thought they are solitary?

Because it's impossible to domesticated some animals?
We domesticated horses

Because it's 700 kg of muscle and death

Deer have been domesticated by the samis and russians up in the north because they were the only major animal that could help in such cold. They were never domesticated in southern parts of sweden for example because they fucking suck and able to withstand cold was the only advantage

I dont know about moose though

they taste good, but pissing one of those off is like fucking with a sentient truck. you'd have a better shot at grizzlies.

Don't you guys have reindeer races?

Even more reason to tame it. I would feel much more fear having a moose charge at me compared to a horse.

It looks like it would eat a fuckton and be dangerous. Doesn't seem worth it.

Some animals are just too mean (or intelligent) to be properly tamed. Prime example is the zebra. Zebra's are assholes who mistreat each other constantly. Can't tame a mean-spirited asshole no matter how hard you try.

Out of all the types of deer out there only the reindeer has been domesticated
So are bulls, did we not domesticated bulls?

niggers are pretty domesticated.

No we didn't domesticate bulls. They just stick around because we took their women.

Has anyone ever tried? Was there ever any need to do so?
People do things to satiate needs and wants, and if you can just buy/steal a cow that's already domesticated then there's no need for domesticated moose.

>Out of all the types of deer out there only the reindeer has been domesticated
Yes because of their ability to live in cold. That was the only reason deer was ever domesticated. They are weak animals but surrounded by ice you take what you can get

because we had horses and ox. Why the fuck do we need moose for if we already had better beasts of burden.

>zebra impossible to domesticate
That goes with any animal in Africa really.... just look at niggers.

Excuse you?

Attached: thumb-draft_moose[1].jpg (700x467, 85K)

>hurr durr
dumb ass faggots always need to be spoon fed.

Attached: bigBrain.png (282x498, 82K)

youtu.be/QUYx59Jkhic?t=146

They've tried to domesticate the moose. But their intense bängel makes it impossible.

Attached: nlAsa7l.png (953x659, 645K)

if that were true, chicongo and atlanta wouldnt be 9/11'ing themselves every 3 years like clockwork. im not bitching though, if somethings not broke dont fucking fix it.

Different animals for different purpose, sure horses are great but if you are travelling in a desert then camels are better. Likewise if you're travelling during a frozen winter then perhaps the moose is better

that's bad ass

Excuse you?
messybeast.com/history/working.htm

Attached: 1914-german-east-africa-1[1].jpg (463x412, 57K)

Cows are great, but elks has better fur.

Moose get HUGE! They are also more aggressive than other types.

Reindeer are tamable due to the size, herd social structure, and temperment. Also, there was no need for it. Moose are too solitary and independent. When a moose gets pissed, it is worse than a big horse. You would have to have so much food and space to keep them anyways. You have seen how big they get right?

Because if you were actually from Sweden, you'd call it an Elk

But is it domesticated?

It's possible to break zebra, but from what I've read on past attempts at domestication they're a bajillion times more skittish than a horse and there's just no point in pushing further to domesticate them when our ancestors already domesticated the horse. The only real point in domesticating them in the past was cost of shipping horses to Africa and le ebin Rothschild "look at how god damned rich of a jew I am I've got zebras pulling my carriage, you filthy goyim" maymays.

>Likewise if you're travelling during a frozen winter then perhaps the moose is better
No.

Attached: La-course-contre-la-mort-de-la-grande-harde[1].jpg (940x546, 119K)

Badass used to be a requisite

Attached: B5CF2432-D3D1-413C-B34C-EBC73309C0AC.jpg (600x422, 45K)

>You have seen how big they get right?
Yes but it's a bit deceptive because it's a big body on tall skinny legs
How much can they carry?

It is easier just to breed a new breed of the beast of burden than domesticating a new one. That is why they have Highland cattle in Scottland. The camel was probably domesticated before they got the horse from the Russian steps. Also, most domesticated animals are pack animals, while the moose lives a solitary life.

He does what elephants do in India, so I will let you decide.

>Because it's impossible to domesticated some animals?
White people will tame every animal.
youtube.com/watch?v=J184FmCiuLk

Our president ted roosevelt did. Had a saddle and everything for it and rode it all around the land

>He does what elephants do in India
So then it's tame not domesticated, and you don't seem to understand the difference bet domesticated or tame.

There have been several attempts to domesticate zebras, none succeeded.

Just because you raise an animal from birth and can pet it doesn't mean it's domesticed.

Just got to /an/, some of those fuckers have pet deer, raccoons, and opossum.
>pet=/=domesticated

Attached: 006.jpg (2000x1751, 1019K)

The deer species in the United states are also not very tameable. Whitetail, Mule Deer, ect. They are high strung, easily spooked, can jump a huge fence, aggressive during mating season, ect. Even though they are small, they are just too wild. People have raised orphaned fawns, and it comes a time where they want to do nothing but return to the wild. People say it's almost as if the deer doesn't even remember you if you come across it later in the wild.

You can break anything with enough force. If there was any profitability or enjoyment to be had from doing so with Zebra's we would own them like we do horses.

Fact is they're assholes and they make terrible steeds.

Elvis had a pet racoon

Have You ever been chased down by an angry moose? I fucking have...one of the biggest adrenaline rushes. I just don't think you can.

mooses can easily be tamed, they are just not fast and resistent enough.

blog.nationalgeographic.org/2014/05/05/your-weird-animal-questions-answered-can-you-tame-a-moose/

That's a big nose

Ok then shoot the elk and use the cow for other things like hauling, butchering, and milking.
My point was that their supposed niche had already been filled by other animals.
There was simply no need to have a large immediate supply of them when there were already chickens, pigs, cows, and horses.

Yes, but they still weigh a fuck ton. They look lanky, but that is also deceptive. They have dense bones and are heavily muscled.

I've came across a female in the states, and it was massive. Never seen a bull in person.

Dude
See

>Fact is they're assholes and they make terrible steeds
Exactly. And they have shitty gaits

That's my point. Opposums do however make good pets. Raccoons, hell no.

found my gf freaking out over a rat once, turned out to be a tiny 1 eyed opossum. raised it to maturity and set it loose, named it kenny, cause you know they play dead if you yell at them or move too fast. i miss kenny. i use to look back while shitposting and see kenny on the couch sitting like a person eating his cheese.

By your autistic definition, only dogs are domesticated.

"domestication" is extremely fucked up when you think about it

you are essentially manipulating the genes of an animal to make it subservient to you

We did Sven
gronasen . se

My guess is that mooses are in general useless. Not good for farming, can't be ridden since their backs and leggs are not great for that. They are only good for food pretty much. That and selling their poo to germans.

That's funny because I've raised baby opossums that I found abandoned in our wood pile. Those fuckers ended up pretty mean dispite the hand feeding.

Imagine riding a huge bear into battle.

Attached: 416418724_5153730795001_5153711320001-th.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>you'd have a better shot at grizzlies.
You unironically would.

Not only are moose gigantic death machines they're also full retard. It's almost impossible to domesticate an animal that stupid.

So Jared Diamond was right then?

Swedish military tried and succeeded, but they soon realized that they are just horrible in combat, hard to feed, prone to diseases, also I have heard that the shape of their back make them pretty dang hard to ride

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_cavalry

I have them in my yard all the time. I have found them to be the opposite of stereotype. They are timid, and don't posture unless cornered. Then again, they have to behave and take turns with stray cats eating, so maybe they have learned some manners, otherwise the cats would probably kill them. Any animal tends to get bad at sexual maturity. Even some untrained dog.

And by your exceptionally retarded definition any animal that you can pet is "domesticated".

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-034300_Firefox Beta.jpg (1440x958, 810K)

>Swedish historian Dick Harrison has stated that he has found no evidence for the trial or use of moose cavalry in contemporary sources and that it is most likely a myth

that's exactly what it is and it's not fucked up at all because it's a way for human to cohexist with the enviroment.

all animals affect each other evolution in multiple ways and some even cohexist in a symbiosis, we are just doing it consciously and in a deeply symbiotic way.

Incorrect, the Swedish word is Älg but the most common translation used is moose.

People like that are always funny to me. Reptile owners are like "look he comes to me, he loves me." No bitch, he's coming to his food source. Reptiles are smart, yes, but they have a completely different thought process than other animals. A very primitive brain.

so if I went into a laboratory and designed a bunch of lifeforms to be my personal servants, that would be fine?

Rhinos would make good beasts of burden. They're built like tanks. Elephants too. Any animal can be domesticated but must be done from birth so that trust is established early on.

I've noticed swedes generally use the American pronunciation and spellings of things so I'll allow it.

People not only have tames elephants for centuries, they trained them to fucking kill people while still obeying humans.
What are moose compared to that?

Tycho Brahe had a tame moose. But it got to drunk and fell down some stairs in his castle so it had to be put down

Attached: lossy-page1-250px-Porträtt_av_Tycho_Brahe_-_Skoklosters_slott_-_90153.tif.jpg (250x308, 25K)

Werd, reptiles are incapable of love. I don't understand how people live with them like they're cats. Those people have damaged emotions.

Karl XII tried to raise battle moose with varying success, i believe he had one "cavallery" with moose. They are fairly easy to domesticate but hard to controll

imagine the barding a bear could wear

That still doesn't work with some animals. Domestication is a selection of traits over generations. Some animals just spook easy and have a really strong set of wild instincts. There are animals people raise from an orphaned baby, then once they get a certain age, they just want to leave. Almost as if they don't even remember their caretaker after they go. Deer are like this. Bambi won't come back to you when you see her in a field a year after release.

the danish shitposting history as always

Rhino are loners with terrible eyesight and as a result are too aggressive to make their domestication worthwhile.
Plus, like white people and the giant panda, they don't breed in captivity apparently.

I got shit all over by Scandis and Euros for calling this a Moose

youtube.com/watch?v=odLy0jJWoDk

Moose are retarded anyway. Have you ever seen one of the males get in a fight with a dumpster during rut and almost beat himself to death? I have.

dumb as bricks compared to elephants for one. goes back to the same reason i said grizzly, smarter animal.

>they trained them to fucking kill people
But they aren't very good at it
Do not bully snek

Attached: 1493797474391.jpg (500x612, 74K)

Most reptile owners are nothing but people who just enjoy watching their pet eat living prey. They call it "natural" when there is nothing natural about dropping a mouse into a glass box. The other type are just stupid old women who think anything can be "a baby."

Sweden did try to domesticate it but the moose have an iron will and cant be domesticated.

Its funny how easy it was to domesticate the negroes btw.

Attached: 1450481977246.jpg (720x960, 90K)

Can you imagine a cavalry charge on a moose straight through an infantry line?

Attached: 1516306007870.jpg (364x383, 19K)

Yeah, 75% of reptile owners are obviously dumb. A rat like that is too big for that snake. Snake had zero chance. Mice are scrappy lil fuckers if they are evenly matched against their opponent.

Well in any case they were still used by the Royal couriers i.e tamed

Based rat

Most people dont really understand how most animals were domesticated.
Usually what happens is you just kill 100% of the aggressive ones, and only bread the so y boy super betas, and pretty fast the entire race is so y boies and everyone thinks of the animal as a dumb beast of burden in a few generations. And even if a wild one gets birthed, which might be 1/100 with all shy births, it would just be killed for being out of control

Attached: 4F41EEC7-8097-46B8-866B-E16AF41A81A7.jpg (940x627, 69K)

Anything can be their "baby". Man that's true. Women need to have kids and grandkids or else they get all weird and fill that hole with cats, snakes, dogs, lizards, and shit.

kek

F for based rat
S to spit on snek

>F

tangled bloody masses of flesh and cloth hanging from the antlers blood misting the air and dripping from the them as the screams of the dying pierce your ear drums as the enemy is driven before you crushed and gore tilled into the earth beneath hooves

No. The deer have never been domesticated. You most be talking about raindeer.

It has be done before, there's just no point as we already had horses who perform the same function. We'll we had horses, the Africans didn't, but it was outside their ability to do it, as with nearly every other major civilization landmarks. If they had persisted, a tamed breed of zebras could have lead to the forming if wakanda if you take modern historians at their word

If you think about it logically, the domesticated animal flourishes because humans take care of it.
From a purely genetic standpoint, cattle, pigs and chickens are extremely successful, because there's plenty of them.
Quality of life is an entirely different thing though.

Well I would argue this dude definitely has something more then just being a food source

youtu.be/jXv-KIDxjlY

Sure he feed it when it was hurt and dying but their relationship developed quite farther then that

thelocal.se/20180616/famous-white-elk-vanishes-in-western-sweden

The irony is that rats are a social animal, that have been "domesticated" in a sense and would have made a better pet than that snake.