Today Firefox created a “glitch” that removed all browser extensions and rendered some third party extensions like...

Today Firefox created a “glitch” that removed all browser extensions and rendered some third party extensions like Gab’s Dissenter permanently unusable with the browser. The boot is on our necks, lads. What can be done? Our freedom to distribute and receive information is being taken away by a handful of corporations, and the past two months have been the worst yet. We are in the midst of a transition to a Chinese-style internet.

Attached: FC02E630-1BCE-45DA-9D3C-242B7F703CF8.jpg (2048x2023, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]
stream.org/brendan-eich-fired-from-mozilla-for-defending-marriage-has-a-brave-new-web-browser/
dailydot.com/debug/mozilla-reddit-hate-speech-firing/
theregister.co.uk/Print/2014/04/08/mozilla_anti_gay_marriage_boycott/
forbes.com/sites/quora/2014/04/11/did-mozilla-ceo-brendan-eich-deserve-to-be-removed-from-his-position-due-to-his-support-for-proposition-8/#c23756e2158a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What can be done?
Regulate the fuck out of them like was done to the telecoms
>inb4 libruls scream reeee u cant do this
Yes we can it's been done before

>firefox
Literally Soros' broswer. What can /gpol/ recommend for the rest of us stuck using Chrome, is Brave good, or just a meme?

I use Brave. It has its shortcomings (small bugs here and there) but it is usable.

Brave is alright on mobile but is still just a Chromium clone on desktop (one without much going for it).

The browser situation is so fucked, every browser is either completely comped or has a shit UI or isn't updated enough such that it becomes an enormous attack vector and you end up less safe anyway

You can have more than one browser on your computer. You can find alternative channels to get what you're looking for. Believe it or not there was internet before twitter and facebook.

>Today
That was yesterday.. and it's already fixed. Also, it wasn't a glitch that they created.. their automated process to renew a certificate didn't function correctly and the certificate used to sign most addons expired.
>You should use jewgle!

hotfix:
storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]

Attached: 1527417412298.jpg (540x568, 48K)

firefox is still SJW central, if you use them you're a fucking faggot and it's no better than Chrome.

Brave is the only thing approaching a based browser, period. But it's a Chromium derivative so Google is still winning here.

But dissenter doesn’t work anymore

>It's no better than having zero privacy at all because the corporation has values that I don't agree with (which are not apparent in any aspect of their software.. but that's irrelevant because I'm a retard anyway).
>Instead, I'm going to give ad revenue to this other corporation who holds THOSE SAME EXACT FUCKING VALUES that I disagree with!
Smrt.

Opera seems to work well enough. Firefox really shit the bed.

Then it's not likely to have shit to do with the OP's bitching. Talk to the people who made dissent; firefox is fixed. Here's a quick test you can do: install ublock origin if you don't already have it. Does firefox say it's disabled and can't be enabled? If so, then YOUR firefox is fucked and you should apply the hotfixed mentioned by the user here
If that is not the case, then dissent is the fucked up one.

>Supporting the people who removed Brendan Eich because he was against fag marriage
Do not ever pretend to call yourself based, ever again.

>inb4 libruls scream reeee u cant do this
How are you faggots this stupid. The leftists supported treating the internet like a utility (remember net neutrality). It's the MIGAtards who cheered killing net neutrality like corporate bootlicker ignoramuses they are.

>Our freedom to distribute and receive information is being taken away by a handful of corporations, and the past two months have been the worst yet
They wouldn't bother doing this if they thought we're ineffective. The world is changing, and the lefties feel it. They can feel their control slipping away, which is why they're trying to reassert it

>Literal who?
Yeah caring about someone that I don't give a flying fuck about is... much worse than supporting jewgle.

Attached: derp.jpg (400x299, 30K)

That's not firefox's fault.
>firefox forgets to update one of their certificates
>oh no that means our gay butt plug thing is permanently broken.
OP is retarded, like most underage schizos here.

too bad they're at a point where anything they do to maintain control only makes it slip away faster.

It’s Chinese now

>schizos
Thank you JIDF. You're so obsessed with using this buzzword it only exposes who the shills are.

>he doesn't know history
stream.org/brendan-eich-fired-from-mozilla-for-defending-marriage-has-a-brave-new-web-browser/

you are like a child, Brendan Eich was the guy INVENTED FUCKING FIREFOX YOU RETARD. And he was removed as CEO (of FIREFOX) because he donated against fag marriage. If you don't support this you need to get the fuck off this board you commie cuckold

Here's another link of mozilla (Firefox) actively searching reddit to remove an employee because he "didn't like diversity"

By supporting mozilla/firefox you are supporting an organization literally 100% as bad as Jewgle in every single way. If you think you are doing some cool right-wing shit by "sticking it to jewgle" if you are using Firefox you are basically letting furry SJWs fuck you in the ass instead.

Lurk moar

WATERFOX

Waterfox or you drink semen for a living

waterfox would be alright but is basically a firefox version of chromium but with less frequent updates and therefore an increased attack vector. if you gotta use something you can do a lot worse though

I use Opera and Brave. Brave is slicker and cleaner but also is less stable. Opera is my preferred choice for plugins.

>Article headline: He was fired
>Article text: He resigned.
>Actual happening: HE resigned willingly and board members wanted him to stay.
Get fucked, retard. He did it. No one else. I don't have a single fucking sliver of sympathy for some literal who that doesn't have a fucking backbone.

theregister.co.uk/Print/2014/04/08/mozilla_anti_gay_marriage_boycott/

Attached: black-guy-ferguson-elementary-3rd-grade-watermelon-outfit.jpg (735x1065, 225K)

Use brave or you’re a pleeb

I wonder if at some point the mozilla dev team will loose important contributors and it will just go stagnant.

You're still supporting a group that actively hunts for its employees anonymous posts on reddit who don't like "diversity". You are still supporting this anyway, again don't pretend you're based because you are "stopping jewgle" because you are still supporting this.

if you want to do something based, go make a bunch of money and buy politicians to regulate these companies that is the only way to do anything. acting like you're "sticking it to the jews" because you use firefox is a fucking hilarious joke

>You should support this other group that does everything I say... but I've been conditioned to like jewgle, so I give them a pass.
Fuck off. I'm not falling for your shilling.

Attached: 18576575.jpg (474x509, 29K)

Break up tech monopolies now

forbes.com/sites/quora/2014/04/11/did-mozilla-ceo-brendan-eich-deserve-to-be-removed-from-his-position-due-to-his-support-for-proposition-8/#c23756e2158a

>Resignation (after only 11 days in the CEO role) became the only viable path forward when a sizable portion of the Mozilla Community refused to follow the person that the Board designated to lead the organization. That wide refusal and rejection fomented the issue, and Eich's decision to maintain his public stance on gay marriage -- as is his right -- created an impasse. It is incorrect to say that he was fired or removed; it is fair, though, to say that he was forced out.

I love how you want to act like this is Brendan's fault and not the SJW community who forced him out. That's right it was the FUCKING COMMUNITY. And that is the community you're a part of when you use their browser. Cheers.

Who said anything about giving jewgle a pass? Use Brave then, use Pale Moon, use whatever. Just don't pretend that you're doing something based by using Firefox.

You post so many nigger reaction images, I have to wonder if you are one.

>Gosh, now that you've pointed it out so many times, I'm just going to switch it up and not only recommend a browser that has shit for addon support, but it's also it's very OWN FUCKING AD NETWORK!
Smrt.
Seriously, fuck off. I'm not switching to your shit-tier brower. I don't give a flying fuck if it's made by jewgle or some other money hungry group. Get the fuck over it.