Redpill me on modern residential home construction...

Redpill me on modern residential home construction. Is it worth getting a 30 year mortgage or is everything a particle board meme shack that will fall apart shortly after purchase?

Croatia user and construction niggas please respond

Attached: Modern-Home-Insulated-Concrete-Form-2.png (1020x659, 934K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsTB0HnM6WM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is it worth getting a 30 year mortgage
No. Fifteen year max and fixed rate. Pay it off as quickly as possible. Once your payment is gone, start using that extra money to funnel into rental properties. Start leveraging the equity you have in said rental to purchase new property. Slowly scale until you can sell your first stock and buy up-market.

Essentially, beat the jew at his own game. They hate that shit.

Attached: honklhonk.jpg (800x450, 49K)

>to defeat the jew you must become him

Attached: 1552863484338.png (446x435, 70K)

its fine if its new, just dont pay 800k for 60 year old 2x4s

>wood
why

>15 year mortgage

No longer possible at current prices unless you make waaay above average income

It seems like the best course of action would be to buy the smallest possible place then get the longest mortgage possible to reduce monthly payments and use the savings to invest into stocks getting 7-10% annual returns

Buy a bunch of steel shipping containers and make an actual happening bunker nigger.

because it's cheap. you already know this from the 3000 other threads we've had talking about this

Attached: 1554351174830.gif (468x625, 1.36M)

1990s houses are the most well built ones

I thought your housing market was fucked. Do you can get a decent property and house for 200k?

it's all location-dependent. 200k is way more than enough in the right areas. everything is wood construction though

So you can charge $300,000 for $10,000 worth of particle board. And then when it falls apart in 50 years you tear it down and charge them again.

Look into your contractor first. See what projects he's done before. A lot of contractors are slow and lazy. The vast majority won't give you what you're paying for. BUT the good ones are very good and worth the extra cash. I'm an independent contractor btw

Attached: 1549058126473.png (900x623, 40K)

Better to just live in a van.

ignore this faggot. hire your own subs and pull your own permits. generals are literally a waste of money and most are retarded as fuck

>shack that will fall apart shortly
I will need some sauce with this stale pasta.

Has it come to you mind that you might actually buying nice located plot as well for that price?

I don't know that's why I'm asking

>60 year old 2x4s

AFAIK old growth wood is better.

You just gotta watch the bathrooms were the most moisture has been accumulating, but that's any house.

>1990s houses are the most well built ones
why?

>hire your own subs
>don't pay attention to how they do their job
>ignore quality control
good advice

Make houses out of concrete blocks like first world countries

any real wood is new age young wood, aka shit weak bitches. If you are lucky you got plywood, if no you are fucked. Now they even make I beams out particle and mdf boards.
you house is made of a paper if you get any water damage.

Yes, if you buy or build the right house.
>particle board meme shack
Don't fucking buy one.
I build houses, we'll build you whatever the fuck you want.
We'll build you a house that could withstand a nuclear blast if you pay us enough.

this. contractors must be exterminated they're the utter scum of the planet.

pic related. turbojews and mafia since the down of humanity.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1335x1335, 83K)

so do exactly what your general is going to do and save your money, yes

Typically how much would a nuclear blast proof house cost over a meme shack, assuming they are the same size?

They really haven’t been building them that way since about 1990, so we are hitting the 30 year mark on the early builds.
I think they are still standing but I wouldn’t wager another 30 years on them.
My house is 140 years old, framed with old growth hard wood. Still solid.

>build house out of commie blocks like a 3rd world.

blue pilled leprechaun.

The correct answer is concrete pour and steel frames.

>a particle board meme shack
No go with concrete and brick like eu.

Attached: WHY DO BURGERS USE OSB.jpg (1920x2560, 2.04M)

Buy land. Build house on it

You'd end up with a house underground. Cheap on heating and cooling though.
And it'll cost you a lot more.

>good advice
Even better advice

>No one cares about your damn house. They're in for the money.

The only good control is your own.

because brick is unpayable. the true redpill is lay it yourself

so this is the power of beamz

Buy land.
Pour slab
Buy cinder blocks
Put 2x4 roof up with shingle
Run some wires and plumbing and stuff stuff.

>ALL general contractors use subs
>all generals are kikes

You can get a 30 fixed apr and pay it off in 15, there's no penalty for most loan providers.

I don't do the quotes, and masonry isn't my thing.
The best thing to do is buy land and build yourself.
That for most people just means being your own general contractor. Some people call themselves home builders but sub out almost everything, some only do framing and the foundation.
Acting as you own general contractor means you pay all the contractors, it makes more sense than paying people to pay other people.
You can save about 25% to 30% this way.

>mexican opinion
>meaning anything

>The only good control is your own.
Yeah, great idea having some moronic soiboi micromanaging the contractors because he thinks he knows better somehow??

>implying generals understand anything beyond charging you for shuffling paperwork

nigger that's why I said pay attention to who you're hiring. Would you rather search for a concrete guy, and a framing guy, and a siding guy, and an electrician, and a plumber, and a roofing guy, and HVAC guy, and a drywaller, and a guy to do the insulation
OR would you rather hire ONE person who you know already has all of those people who do quality work?

we generally live in a world of retarded soibois and weak beta scum who think they know better than the alphas of old.
and soon none of them will have enough money to even pay a crook to fuck em up with contracting.
people who know how to build and pull their own weight will network with those who reward them.

>Lets support 200 tons of concrete 30 meters above the ground in order to be able to screw a painting on the wall and have something to protect us against the wind.

I bet that you're getting your kids to the school with a tank too.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1200x800, 198K)

>quality work

LOL

I've had ONE job where the homeowner thought he knew what he was doing. He did everything himself other than the drywall. We spent two weeks fixing his framing and electrical, and plumbing and killing rats before we could even start drywalling. Then he thought he was so much better at mudding that he would come back after we had left and remudded areas that were already sanded smooth. Then complained that we didn't sand the walls a 5th time.

>you've ever picked up a fucking hammer

Plus know the ins and outs of the localities permitting and inspection, and how to get variances and certificates of occupancy, ect

>argument

If you have the money it worth looking into better construction tech than tradition wood framing. For example, insulated concrete foam (ICF) homes will last forever if built right. If you going to go with tradition wood framing it worth paying a premium for better quality wood and plywood.

doing the work yourself isn't the same as hiring professionals to do the work, which is exactly what generals do. you're entirely capable of doing their job on your own

>someone who's never been on a job site can tell what the fuck they're actually looking at

This

>if I keep saying it then it's true

There's plenty of scummy GC's out there looking for a quick buck for sure. It's a bad sign if they have a lot of mexicans on their crew: they don't care about quality and pay their guys nothing.

There's also plenty of good contractors who will build a sturdy house that will last for generations. They will save you a ton of time and effort, at a cost like ANYONE providing a service. If you're poor then maybe your time isn't worth as much so you'll have a better return finding all the subs on your own.

A contractor worth his salt will have lots of houses to show. you're just picking names out of a hat if you hire your own subs and it'll be pretty hit or miss, and guess what? you'll miss plenty

>than the alphas of old
the alphas of old were building their houses themselves. it's not a rocket science.

it's the architect s o y cream boys, new building materials salesman leeches and the government hyenas who exaggerate and making it complicated.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1903x1710, 687K)

>let's just keep slapping shit on this t-55

Goddamn it, Romania.

they tell you exactly what you need to do at the building department. generals are a waste of money and most are highschool dropouts/drug addicts/retards. your entire existence is a ponzi scheme

Have that idea too but I don't mind living in a RV or a small container until I got the savings

gotta ask somethin for builders on here.
If a structure is being built and going to be owned by a non-profit organization, do the permits and codes differ greatly from building your average residential house?
Technically it will be property tax free as far as i know which means no assessors i believe.
inputs welcome.

Concret block houses are better insulated and quieter. It's more energy efficient and will last hundreds of years. And won't go up in flames if it's too sunny

>picking names out of a hat
>other trades don't show you examples of their work
>I'm too stupid and lazy to figure out how to do things for myself

>alphas of old were building their houses themselves
as we were meant to do. or at the very least we parceled it out to those we trusted but everyone knew how to maintain their household.
Today kids need a fucking contractor to fix the damned kitchen sink pipe.

It'd be commercial code(s), not residential. But it shouldn't be any different.
The property could eventually be sold.

talk to your building department. the LARPers on Jow Forums are the last resource you want to use

>buy stocks at the top of an 11 year bullrun
Sure, if you're into high risk investments.

Build out of ocean containers. They can't burn.

>independent contractor
Independent of what?

This is the same shit boomers do and the reason why housing is so fucking overpriced and unavailable

>Plus know the ins and outs of the localities permitting and inspection
there is a thing called "The Internet" you will be surprised how much mysteries can be resolved by using it

This. 30-40 years ago you could get a brick house made at $350k-$400k, those same houses sell for double now as well as the cost of building them. Materials cost for brick is absurd

yeah and the average idiot (you) is going to be able to tell if he's just hired a cut rate concrete guy who pours a shitty foundation, or if a subcontractor installed something wrong which will lead to costly repairs in 5 years, while the contractor is long gone. You don't have to pay for expertise, knowledge and connections if you don't want, but you're also gambling on how smart you are, and you're not very smart.

I've done hundreds of houses over the years, and I can tell you the VAST majority of people are idiots who would be much better off hiring a good GC. There's a small subset who will be fine being their own GC, but it's a SMALL percentage, especially when the wife gets involved and has all sorts of crazy ideas she wants.

Attached: 1551680811544.jpg (1080x810, 113K)

take the /rammedearth/pill

Attached: image-20150302-5250-4bk0z4.jpg (926x638, 76K)

So do it, I'm not trying to convince you not to. But most people that can afford mortgages also have 50 hour work weeks and don't have a clue how to start or know what is good/bad or pitfalls

Write a check.

>I AM GOD
>I AM NOT A GAMBLE
>I USE MY HANDS FOR A LIVING I'M SMART

>2x4 roof
Don't go through all the work to build something solid and be a nigger at the end user.

Attached: 34bv6343.jpg (1024x685, 69K)

>Today kids need a fucking contractor to fix the damned kitchen sink pipe.
mate I know a 40+ year old boomer who calls an electrician to change his light bulb.

our society is fucked so badly.

building your own home is like working for 200 dollars an hour

Good luck with fixing your variance denial with a jackhammer.

>donate to my ponzi scheme, I still haven't paid all my subs from the last two houses I built

Why are you so butthurt, champ? Seems a silly thing to get so worked up over...

Attached: 1326072228963.jpg (300x244, 31K)

The only thing that is overpriced is the new coupe sport car of the real estate guy who sold them

Attached: 1549980114928.jpg (519x533, 73K)

good luck just picking up the fucking phone and asking someone at the building department what the fuck you need to do. your existence is a lie and people are waking up to it thanks to the internet

u mad doe??

I don’t trust a single GC in Texas, all those niggers sub out to spics

spic enablers btfo by god quads

the shills said the same a year ago saying market will crash and it keeps going up. fuck off kike.

First rate salt, if you know how to do it then do it.
When you realize it's all you need, why build better? The value is having your own land and a cheap house and no mortgage.
>picks up phone
>Hey building Dept I built my house 8 feet into r.o.w., what do?
You saved a few nickles though.

Attached: man-with-jackhammer-cartoon-vector-9356311.jpg (1000x1080, 78K)

mfw I'm being paid while building my own house. the ultimate merchantpill.

If you're just building yourself a small place it's less than a $100 difference for 2x4 vs 2x8, put a little weight on the bitch and throw some nice collar ties up there and get creative with your wood work. You want a comfy cottage not a cuck shed.

>bill yourself
>do do the jewdoo voodoo
>tax write off

I would love to build an earth sheltered home. Its a bit pricy with the waterproofing, especially in rainy areas, but you save tons in heating/cooling and it blends with the surrounding nature

Attached: 23-Unique-and-Functional-Underground-Houses-That-Will-Amaze-You-FB.jpg (800x418, 102K)

Okay soft hands

This

Working for anyone but myself

based

What would even be your process for dealing with groundwater. You need the entire structure to be water tight.

It's not worth it anyway if there are niggers living around it. In 30 years you also have to change many things which will get old before you even pay for house.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsTB0HnM6WM

Attached: 1910immigration.png (640x1095, 145K)

>>don't pay attention to how they do their job
if you could get a good gc it would be better
thats a giant fucking if

Attached: owsfbi.jpg (1568x2146, 999K)