THE TURKS HAVE MADE THEIR OWN STAR WARS BLASTER RIFLE POL! IT HAS BEGUN!

WE STAR WARS NOW POL!
dailysabah.com/defense/2019/05/03/turkish-engineers-create-star-wars-inspired-steel-penetrating-superlaser-gun

>urkish engineers at the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) have developed a new national laser gun, inspired by the laser beams used in blasters and other weapons in Star Wars movies, after three months of research and development work.

>Speaking about the product, Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank said: "It turns electricity into laser light. It has a very high effect at a short distance. Doesn't make a sound. Can be seen both visibly and with an infrared camera. It can penetrate steel on the deck of a ship at a power level of 20 kilowatts."

>Having a power level of up to 500 watts and a destructive laser light, the TÜMOL can be used effectively against many different types of targets, from handmade explosives to drones and so forth a.ccording to the minister.

>Over 70 countries, 148 delegations from three international institutions, over 480 local firms and 580 foreign companies are attending the four-day event, hosted by the National Defense Ministry under the auspices of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey and the management and responsibility of the Turkish Armed Forces Foundation. About 250 Turkish participants are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
ITS BEGINNING POL,
THE TECHNO ERA IS STARTING! thoughs?

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-132047.jpg (720x1280, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/SEQ-3_Laser_Weapon_System
youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0
dailysabah
efemeride.ro/in-1968-armata-romana-a-folosit-un-laser-extrem-de-puternic-care-a-topit-tancurile-rusesti-care-vroiau-sa-invadeze-tara/
cnet.com/news/this-is-what-a-star-wars-blaster-bolt-would-look-like-in-real-life/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rwn8WPlWFd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kurds gonna get gennied by laser roaches

bump

>"Phased Plasma Rifle, in the 40 watt range..."

Attached: terminator.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

imagine getting dune coons to switch real guns for laser gunz only to emp blast everything

>20 kilowatts
It's fucking nothing
It's will have a range of maybe 100 feet if it even works at all, not to mention the logistical problems of laser equipment on a battlefield.

12 GAYGE AWTOELODAH

Now, if it was a magnetic induction plasma bolt gun, that would be different.

When I was dumbass kid I thought he meant he was out of stock, and that plasma rifles were a real thing.

You realise they're already have perfected it right? They're literally just showingbonly a ounce of their capabilities dude. Wake up. Why do you think the US is unleashing their weapons?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/SEQ-3_Laser_Weapon_System
this is how you actually use lasers

The Nations have been mastered this tech OP. It's just they were waiting for the moment and with the current situation of what's happening now they're displaying it.

I'm honestly not surprised.

Attached: 1556296248571.jpg (500x341, 29K)

but will it shoot garlic and onions into kebab

USA put superlasers on ships before Turkey to take our aircraft.
Watch Salboth Trekelax

>You realise they're already have perfected it right?
>after three months of research and development work
Just the logistics of batteries makes this a retarded gun. Never mind the lack of kinetic damage.

Attached: 142312.jpg (600x598, 58K)

They been had this tech dude. What your seeing is just for display. I'm telling you right now.

We've had laser rifles for like a decade now. We don't use them for anything other then clickbait articles because of the massive energy requirements to make a laser that can inflict damage, you either need a backpack full of tractor batteries or a big ass extension cord. We have a working railgun too, but don't use it for the same reason

>superlaser that can penetrate steel
>500 watts max
yea I don't think this is good for anything outside of giving people cigarette burns

It's not that it's hard to make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0

It's the problem of power consumption/resupply and effectiveness of it. Do they have video demonstration or just words?

They have the tech user,
They just don't display it.

Something that's capable of burning through steel is going to burn through your body user.

One is homemade can burn through concentration (like the guys channel). The other is governments made and already finished and can burn right through you user.

Based Sand People

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x483, 39K)

>Emir..
>Get the alluha wack'beam

Attached: tenor.gif (480x358, 2.25M)

this,
if you don't agree with , you have a double digit IQ and no understanding of basic highschool physics

Read
Your a fool if you think they haven't made one if the watt range higher.

How does it work? do you have to aim at a spot for several seconds?

Underrated kek

I doubt they would issue or developed a weapon that takes seconds to kill you. Lasers shoot extremely fast user. So yeah, it might quicker than you can blink.

>Lack of kinetic damage
All you need is a clear line of sight to someone's head, and windage, elevation, and temperature don't have to be accounted for to earn you a (free) kill.

No 500 watts will not burn through steel in a reasonable length of time at all. You could burn through steel with a 1 watt laser given enough time. 500 watts is nothing. You're going to want something that's like at least 100 kilowatts to be useful enough to be better then regular guns in terms of damage inflicted.

Attached: 51hOidL0tSL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (344x499, 32K)

*YAAWWWNNN*
Even nerds with fuck tonnes of money have had Star Wars themed blasters (directional laser rifles) for over a decade now. It's rather unless if you're not plugged into a wall though.

Glad the Turks managed to work out how to use instructables.com though

>You're going to want something that's like at least 100 kilowatts to be useful enough to be better then regular guns in terms of damage inflicted.
This.

>You're going to want something that's like at least 100 kilowatts to be useful enough to be better then regular guns
They probably have it and not showcasing it since they don't want the observation of the US. They're been times when foreign nations lied and covered up about their true capabilities.

>Gaint Roachs with fricking lazer beans

Attached: BarrenWave.gif (600x600, 2.48M)

Comparing them to the Government made Tech heads that been researching this for decades is not a good comparison user.

....D-do we have a presentation video?

Attached: 1548246662275.jpg (569x506, 44K)

>Temperature has no effect on lasers
Did you even take basic physics classes in High-school!? Yet here you are shilling for laser weapons!?

Attached: Get a load of this goy.jpg (211x211, 35K)

it is virtually the same shit

this is all public knowledge, it isn't used because it is too wasteful, china also has it

USA has it,
China has it,
Turks has it,

And they all have beef with one another user. So expect this alot sooner than you think.

Minor lensing effects over long distances due to the temperature being different only is a problem if your laser is weak, otherwise, if you see the target, it'll hit.
>T. Plasma weapon designer who would rather punch a 3mm hole through anything thinner than 3 feet within 575 feet

whos roach now faggots??

Based turks

20 kilowatts to penetrate over 200mm of steel, I call bullshit. They would have to keep the fucking thing spot on the same spot for at least 9 minutes to get a damn hotspot on the plate let alone burn through the fucking thing

why hasn't anyone made a plasma gun yet?

You know how you can make plasma in a microwave with a candle and a glass? Well that stuff is magnetic and can be shot through the air. Amazed that no one has done it.

Read

read thermodynamics 101

Because, most people don't know how to make a recursive energy structure, much less one that's able to be projected out of the device.
But when they start going mainstream, it's going to be interesting as they by nature have a shit ton of penetration power, and would be difficult to tone down into something that doesn't penetrate ~3 feet of literally any material that isn't specifically designed to handle the incredible thermal load of the shot.

Read
Your only read what they show you. Not what they truly have.

That is a very good explanation! thanks

its math, you need at least 120 MJ of energy to vaporize steel to allow the beam to penetrate further. That would be around 35 kwh. Unless you have a nuclear reactor next to you, I would like to see how you use the laser for long enough to vaporzie that metal plate.

>Unless you have a nuclear reactor next to you,
They're building nuclear fusion for that user which they already have now. Otherwise they wouldn't just showcase it.

>we had three threads on Nuclear Fusion last week ago.

Hell, even a copper plate with an adequate explosive behind it can become plasma and penetrate thick armor (albeit less effectively that an equivalent amount of energy focused on a 3mm dot)

its superheated plasma concentrated in a very thin jet right on top of the surface, if it has to travel through air its useless. Why do you think they counter russian rpgs with grates on the side of tanks and apcs?

Amazing1.com is still up. They got some cool laser weapons on it.

>dailysabah

where do you kikes find these publications?

also we had a meme in Romania made of Vadim Tudor God rest his soul, of a Ceasescu era laser that could melt tanks. He claims that the Russians sent an army in Moldova on the other side of the Prut river and we managed to scare them off after we melted two of their tanks with the so called superlaser.

efemeride.ro/in-1968-armata-romana-a-folosit-un-laser-extrem-de-puternic-care-a-topit-tancurile-rusesti-care-vroiau-sa-invadeze-tara/

Its a fucking meme and nothing else. Hell even Teslas death ray had more credibility to it.

>Its a fucking meme and nothing else. Hell even Teslas death ray had more credibility to it
If Turks are displaying it,
Then 9/10 they have it.
It's also a prototype and the US been made this tech hence the Turks are trying to keep up.

Yeah, no shit I wasn't saying the explosive was a fuckin projectile, I was just pointing out other ways we have used plasma to wreck shit.
A recursive bolt of pure energy (tumbling in on itself) enables 40% energy efficiency at 4000 feet, giving the weapon an effective range against infantry up to 4000 feet, and vehicles at ~500 feet.

What are you assuming for beam diameter? Absorptivity of the steel surface? Rate of heat loss to the surrounding material? Radiative losses?

Just curious where the 120MJ comes from.

bet 5$ it can melt a thin aluminium case of a missile at around 3-4 meters and they use it to counter anti-tank rockets.

on the size and scale of such a device, to be able to carry the fucking thing it would have to be 1-2 cm.

to be an effective weapon system you would have to fire it at around 2-5 kms and the most common shit used in tank armor is alloy steel and ceramics and plastics for the composite part.

Doubt it this shown to the higher ups in the Turk Government. If that was displayed someone in the researcher department will be thrown off a building for that! But we'll see.

and like I said there are 3 stages you go through to vaporize steel, each with an energy requirement larger than the first, the first one starting around 1500 degrees celsius and the last one around 3000 degrees celsius, the temp steel boils at thus starting to get vaporized.

I was just watching this movie this morning

The US has these mounted on ships already

I understand what you've said so far, but there's a big difference between applying 120MJ to a 0.1mm diameter circle and a 1cm circle. Put another way, what mass of steel is being vaporized?

When I was a kid, I thought humanity as a whole had just stopped producing swords when guns came to dominate the battlefield. I thought we unilaterally just stopped making them, and all that remained were antiques, and if you ever wanted to have on you'd have to be crazy rich, and if you wanted to hold one without being crazy rich you'd have to work in a museum or something...anyway, I was wrong. I was very wrong about that.

Isnt the Energy a little bit of Low? When i can hide behind cardboard from your Laser its not pratctial in fire fight

>Be me
>hate the roaches
>prepare for war against laser roaches
>buy a cheap bathroom mirror from Ikea for 20 neetbucks
>use it against laser roaches
>win war in a second Blitzkrieg
Mission accomplished.

>after three months of research and development work
Stopped reading there. No fucking way they made a lazer in three fucking months.

Attached: 9A4E8607-5B60-465B-BD27-EDDEAF390352.jpg (702x1024, 166K)

Attached: p_14893_1373474638.jpg (800x800, 43K)

I thought that the world was black and white before someone invented colours.

Hey just whwt ya see, pal

>tfw when that fucking movie was made, you could walk into a gun shop and buy a giggle switch UZI. In California.

They been had it user.
Either that or China gave them the tech

you.
Sharks are still sharks, despite being equipped with lasers since Dr. Evil made this happen.

Attached: Turkroach Flag. png.png (2000x1333, 67K)

>star wars inspired
Haha

cnet.com/news/this-is-what-a-star-wars-blaster-bolt-would-look-like-in-real-life/

Attached: 20190305_184035.gif (536x429, 418K)

they claim around 200mm since that is a standard deck thickness on a destroyer, cruisers and bigger ships get even more

>if it even works at all
It won't. They attached a flashlight to an AR and called it a laser rifle.

Read
Turks don't play around with tech lime this. A severe punishment would be given for doing that.

muzzies are constantly larping about inventions they are not really able to come up with irl.
But i know the Germans have a working laser gun that can destroy drones and missiles. But i don't know if this went into "serial" production already.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Rwn8WPlWFd8
So if the Germans are able to do this, the roaches need another 250 years from now to do the same thing.

A powered plasma projectile weapon would be far more useful

China must've gave them the tech since they both have a grudge against the US.

Still cool as fuck though

do not assume. know your enemy well. they do not need their help. but we do yours apparently.

Correct, but as I've been saying it's range is more limited.
Could be top tier space weaponry, as I think it would work best in a space where it has nearly zero energy atrophy, like space, however I don't know if it could have a recursive function without atmosphere.

aren't turkics one of the best friends of yours?

>20kW
>punching through a steel deck at combat range
I think not my roach friends.

>Your a fool
>Watt range
Spotted the retard

they serve as oven fodder once we get enough of them, just like you fucks did.
I guess you will understand this best according to your flag.

Attached: 1508291056171.jpg (1024x883, 843K)

I think the future of ranged weapons is in neutronium beams.
Think of it as a controlled nuclear explosion, that's directed by a barrel.

we will get to proton torpedoes eventually

Theres leveks of Watt ranged,
Kilowatt,
Megawatt,
And so on.
Don't be a nitpick dingbat.

thats why they are out breeding you just like our fucking gypsy problem

*levels
Fucking keyboard

WE THE BUGZAPPERS NOW KHAFFUR

This is so retarded. So they tried to mimic the star wars’ blasters which fire a superheated gas at high speed and ended up building le big laser
3 months to build a glorified laser pointer are you fucking serious?

Hence why they dont give a single fuck about mass nuclear fusion, only minaturized nuclear fusion. Clown world.

lol, but seriously the neutron beam weapons are only a couple of years away, if they're not already in black weapons research programs.