Washington state banning "3D printed gun files"

It seems Washington state has banned the "transfer" of files that would allow someone to use a 3D printer to print guns.

I wonder how they plan to enforce that.

americanmilitarynews.com/2019/05/wa-gov-signs-new-gun-bans-confiscation-laws/?fbclid=IwAR0JqNxTPx7p1rJBByuGxBrqzlD8nXITCoJs9m3Y0U2HvuoTzage12Qn-RE

Anyone have any links for the 3D printer files?

Attached: metallic-barrel-liner-strengthens-newly-developed-3d-printed-gun-songbird-02.jpg (600x417, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wMyMLMkh0PU
youtube.com/watch?v=1jFjtE7bzeU&t=227s
youtube.com/watch?v=sIhGCRIQnCA&t=447s
github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo
northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/diy-shovel-ak-photo-tsunami-warning.179192/
youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y
thehomegunsmith.com/homemadeammo.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I wonder how they plan to enforce that.
probably the same way they so with cp
>Anyone have any links for the 3D printer files?
nice try fbi

the FBI can't enforce state law and it's not illegal nationwide.

>I wonder how they plan to enforce that.

The government has access to all internet traffic.

Attached: 1469664311897.png (1636x1491, 3M)

You WISH they did, kike.

Attached: youwouldntdownloadagun.jpg (2140x1739, 2.16M)

Wont hold up in court.

Also bing FOSSCAD for files, download the megapack.

How is it a felony?

What a waste of time and tax payers money they will spend fighting this in court.

How do you make pictures with embedded data like this? It's pretty neat how pictures can store data like that.

Attached: 1510942072722.jpg (720x347, 57K)

>plastic lightning link
I wonder how many rounds that could take before the plastic would fatigue, bend, or crack
>plastic revolver
That sounds worse than having a liberator pistol as your only means of self defense. atleast the liberator probably won't blow up in your face.

someone will be stupid enough to download a torrent and they will be watching the IPs.

If you drop it into an AR15, it will make it full-auto.

Ilegal manufacture and possession of an unregistered machine gun.

I think the 3d printed AR lower can make it 500 rounds before material fatigue. That pistol would probably last for some time.

These designs are tested and proven

The ligntning like can be cut on CNC

wow that sucks lol

Attached: 1544202520088.png (1276x1170, 1.84M)

What about mega links?

Lawl. Good thing I never seeded the entire FOSSCAD collection.

I could see a lower lasting quite awhile. after all it's just a glorified housing. but a lightning link has a pretty thin section of material in it, not to mention it being a moving part/ rubbing against steel

post proofs

SHALL

you live in Washington State? This only matters for Washington Statefags

You could do it in nylon-x, which is a very tough nylon filament with carbon fiber impregnated within the filament. That would probably last indefinitely. Or untul BATFE killed your pupper.

Youtube.

When did you realize that Washington is full of the biggest traitors to this nation?

NOT

LOLKEKS

INSERT

When grunge became a thing.

The liberator pistol will blow up in your face if you use it more than once. And you might not have to use it more than once for it to blow up.

Banning files. Good luck with that

Isn't this illegal under the first amendment? Unless I'm mistaken, didn't the courts already rule you can't ban this? Or am I from another universe that didn't hit full on clown world yet?

Or you could just machine an extremely strong plastic into gun parts. God knows what kind of plastic you'd use, but it would be a much better option than any 3d printer filament

I thought the Supreme Court settled this last year, too.

I went on youtube, searched "pm522 washbear". Can't find anything on it related to videos of it shooting. There was another video on a different gun with a nylon barrel that was shot out after 9 rounds. it just sounds like a good way to send shrapnel into your hand and maybe your face. I could see making a gun out of plastic being feasible, so as long as the barrel and bolt were made out of a proper material, maybe even the locking system too. I wouldn't trust my life or limb on plastic containing the energy of even a .22lr, though.

interesting. That got me thinking, I wonder if you could run an extremely small diameter steel wire in the middle of the molten plastic stream. something like EDM tier diameter, extremely thin. if that would improve structural integrity at all or if something like that's been done before.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMyMLMkh0PU
>design and tested
>blows up on the first shot

A much more realistic design is to use metal parts. That way it will not blow up on the first shot and it will not go through metal detectors.
youtube.com/watch?v=1jFjtE7bzeU&t=227s

But if you're going to use metal why not go all the way
youtube.com/watch?v=sIhGCRIQnCA&t=447s

Federal does. But seeing how this isn't a federal law they wouldn't give 2 shits or share any information. Washington state doesn't have the money or man power to actually enforce this outside of honeypots.

>educational purposes

Attached: 1549989859322.gif (587x702, 113K)

Show me the exact law code
If this is true, all the corporate police officers are in biiiig trouble

This is the beginning of state interference

MODS MODS MODS

You're referring to the District of Columbia, right?

Attached: 1553014524801.jpg (545x478, 39K)

>MOMS MOMS MOMS

Fixed. Happy mother's day, motherfucker.

Maine is trying to push this bullshit too.

as a follow up, edm wire comes as thin as .004". Something about as wide in diameter as an average (white) human hair. I could imagine if you had a very fine resolution 3d printer the plastic would act more as a glue with the wire being the structural part, it might very well hold up to something like .22lr for a reasonable amount of time. It'd be more akin to the way damascus shotgun barrels are made.

Shit, should I patent this?

At this point both.

none of the important parts of a semi auto or full auto action are made with 3d printed plastic. a machine shop is 100x times as dangerous

Many 3d printed firearm designs utilize a bunch of post processing. additionally others (including the washbear revolver in pic) are intended to use barrel liners like pic related. These barrel liners are not classed as firearms.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (200x300, 4K)

Yeah, good luck with that.

I'm going to collect all the 3D files and send them to every idiot representative in Washington State that votes for it.

checked.
spam pic related all over WA state fagbook pages.

Attached: 1533166909640.jpg (2140x1739, 2.01M)

>jpg

Attached: 1557272445457.jpg (960x952, 37K)

Wouldn't 3D printed guns just shatter if you tried to shoot with one?

The way to go
> Act as an artist faggot.
> You are an artist faggot that works with metals.
> You acquire tons of different types and shapes of metals.
> You make posmodern bullshit art.
> It's all a cover actually you are making home made guns.

There you go. You can even hide the gun parts with all the scrap metal.

If you can legally own one, is 100% legal to manufacture a firearm in the US.

Attached: arwat.jpg (640x429, 50K)

>Wouldn't 3D printed guns just shatter if you tried to shoot with one?

Depends, some single shot models are just single shot, other require you to install a pipe barrel

>memeflag
kys on the way back to pleddit, you absolute faggot

They invariably have a steel tube as a barrel glued into a printed part for further strength.

Deliberate propaganda video. This was printed improperly, with no post processing.
At the very least a DD Liberator must:
>be printed out of ABS (not PLA) with 100% linear infill at the highest resolution possible (.1mm layer height bare minimum; Most printers can do this)
>Must use fresh, dry, premium filament with a consistent diameter (not old, hasn't absorbed any moisture, no cheap chink filament)
>Parts need to be de-burred, checked for proper dimensions with calipers, and then acetone vapor smoothed to ensure proper layer adhesion and remove any possible weak spots in the print.
>Barrels are interchangeable, and are intended for one time use (one round for each stubby barrel) Repeat firings on a single barrel require installation of a barrel liner.
The DD Liberator was intended as an experiment to make a fully 3d printed firearm. it works if made correctly, but will still fail eventually, and still requires a nail to be used as a firing pin to function (and metal is added inside the grip to comply with detectable firearm standards)
Parts should be

We already have an army of laser pistols manufacturing in meth basements next to 3d printed grenade shells that you load with nails and powder fuses manually while keeping your 50cal plastic barrel sniper assembled in a briefcase with carbon fiber coating on the barrel rimming

Yeah but the pipe pistol has a low conditioning rating and is prone to failure in rapid fire hot scenarios that last longer than just one day at a range

I’m not even a Jow Forums guy but I almost feel obliged to save this for how interesting of a concept it could be.
Only if it works
So is this /diy/ or Jow Forums stuff?

The comments rightfully call out this propaganda piece

>They made the gun wrong on purpose. When he picks up the barrel u can see it's not made solid it's perforated with holes

Trying to scare people away from these things.

Combat tested not war hardened yet. Kinda like a super soaker flamethrower. That combustion chamber is gonna be more ruined than a roastie

3D printing molds is vastly more useful than making plastic assassin's tools that will likely explode in your hand if you fucked up making it.
With molds you can forge your own high quality weapons however you want, and it lowers the bar for civilian gunsmithing.

This post was a rollercoaster from start to finish but
>laser pistols
I honestly can’t tell if this is serious or not and wouldn’t be surprised either way.

not so much molds, but blanks for lost PLA casting.
>Print part in PLA plastic, infill can be low, as this part is consumable.
>Mix up a batch of green sand, make a pair of casting mold boxes
>Place part halfway in green sand packed in one box, attach sprues and pour channel (made of pink foam) to part.
>Put other box on top, add remaining green sand
>pack remaining sand and preheat mold box setup
>Pour in casting medium (Molten aluminum, brass, etc) PLA part vaporiZes and is replaced with metal.
>Once cool, disassemble molds, clear away sand.
>Cut the sprues away, clean up castings
Bingo, 3D printed part to metal part.

3D print an AR lower, buy parts kit. done.

That's what I meant but it's simpler to just say it's a mold since most people won't know what the fuck you're talking about anyway.

it's legal to make your own guns, pretty sure this violates the constitution

That's what happens when trannies, niggers, and commies living in metropolitan areas dominate an entire state. I bet everyone in central and eastern Washington love having that lisping faggot in office.

Attached: w45654545.jpg (1024x768, 194K)

you have obviously never tried it

tossed out in an upper court
gives the nancies something to get excited about, that's about it

how did that i-1639 bill go is it in acted right now

I thought so, too, but I can't find the case. Maybe wrong timeline.

Well I do not think this will hold up in court. Distributing materials with instructions to make bombs have already been held up in court. It will take a few years, but this will be gone.

Like the NFA?

Attached: Screenshot_20190511-222136.jpg (1001x1110, 247K)

I downloaded the 3D printer files year ago, but my internet speed is low so i cant upload them.
GOOD LUCK CIA TRYING TO FIND ME IN THIS 3RD WORLD SHITHOLE AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>Banning the "transfer' of files
So does that mean it would be legal if I designed my own 3d printed gun?

I'm not familiar with these files or formats but I believe this link contains more information on making the 3D printed firearms, including rifles. Maybe some of you will find this useful.

github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo

the term youre looking for is "snowcrash." bon voyage.

A quick search for the term "snowcrash" didn't produce any results on several big search engines. I'm also curious about this data-sharing technique. Do you have any more information?

Well, since we're sharing, pic related.

Attached: 1550598991969.png (720x2304, 291K)

Bump

Attached: 1547227425466.png (800x1200, 390K)

Oooh, have another

Attached: 1549612370337m.jpg (457x1024, 105K)

One more time

Attached: 1544212913601m.jpg (432x1024, 116K)

How about an AK47 made out of a shovel
northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/diy-shovel-ak-photo-tsunami-warning.179192/

Attached: 1543890566315.jpg (1217x763, 128K)

Attached: 1534211600480.jpg (1460x1249, 487K)

Attached: wssmgdiagram.jpg (1500x1214, 241K)

Attached: zippo gun.jpg (1164x1472, 593K)

How about anti-material rifle?
youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y

Attached: Prepping a House.jpg (720x1280, 228K)

TFW can make all this with CNC equipment but no ammo available in this cucked country

Attached: 1557295972558.png (713x730, 156K)

thehomegunsmith.com/homemadeammo.shtml