Analogue Clocks Removed cuz Kids Can’t Read Them

As our age becomes more technological, we’ve become more dependant on the our screens. And this has had a very dramatic effect on schools in the United Kingdom, where teachers have been changing their analogue clocks in exam halls over to digital clocks because students are now having difficulty reading them.

“Schools will inevitably be doing their best to make young children feel as relaxed as the can be. There is actually a big advantage in using digital clocks in exam rooms because it is much less easy to mistake a time on a digital clock when you are working against time.”

goodfullness.com/schools-are-removing-analogue-clocks-because-kids-cant-read-them/

youtube.com/watch?v=PIe2auW9EMI&feature=youtu.be

Really the best time to live! Don't try to teach something "new" to the children, because muh stress factors, just let them rock-dumb and comfy.

Attached: Idiocracy-11.png (552x369, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5G6Y4v6fCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sally Payne, who is the head paediatric occupational therapist at the Heart of England foundation NHS Trust, said back in 2018, that children are finding it harder to hold pens and pencils as a result of increased technology use.

“To be able to grip a pencil and move it, you need strong control of the fine muscles in your fingers. Children need lots of opportunity to develop those skills,” her warning was strong.

“It’s easier to give a child an iPad than encouraging them to do muscle-building play such as building blocks, cutting and sticking, or pulling toys and ropes. Because of this, they’re not developing the underlying foundation skills they need to grip and hold a pencil.”

As we consider the younger generations coming up behind us, are we beginning to see the beginnings of a sci-fi story that ends with the destruction of humanity?

>schools in the United Kingdom
hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm over 40 and I've always hated analog clocks. Digital clocks are so much more precise, why the fuck does anyone want an analog clock?

>t. can't use analog clock
Try having an IQ above your age.

Stfu boomer

So? digital clocks are superior, more accurate, more reliable, and as stated in the article less prone to mistakes being made minute to minute. Analogue clocks are aesthetic under certain conditions but have ultimately served their purpose.

Oi having trouble holding your pencil wif ur noodle arms

you're both fucking stupid and brainwashed.
>more accurate
for an imaginary metering of where the sun is in the sky...

Analog clocks are vital in teaching math, like counting change in coins.They introduce the idea of a different number than 10 being a whole. What are you going to use as an example, fucking pizza slices? get real

if I was a kid I'd feel insulted by this

I remember when I was 5-6 getting taught how to read a clock in school and I'm 19 so that wasnt all that long ago in the grand scheme of things, half a generation for such a big change.

it's insulting to presume this little change will have such an impact on the minds of the youth. analog is a mental excercise in learning but the time spent on it could be devoted to other things if we just abandoned the concept all together leaving it behind with cursive writing. Same goes for currency. Japanese yen is much for intuitive than other currencies and their subsequent change.

I remember being at my grandmother's place with my cousin and some distant relative kid. Me and the cousin were 12 and 9 yo respectively. We asked a permission to go play outside and the adults told us that we could go if we teach the 6yo kid to read the clock.
We wasted 30 minutes on this and failed but went outside by ourselves anyways

Attached: 1519903262840.jpg (317x284, 12K)

bump

Bump

Hmm, this is a good way for them to cover up their incompetence as teachers.

The Handmaid's Tale reviewed.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5G6Y4v6fCI
>62,242

Attached: image.png (1000x1000, 350K)

Good.
Digital watches are superior

Attached: 130DF3E6-B9CE-406A-879F-8BA612AFA326.jpg (681x1280, 159K)

>Not using sundial
Praise the sun, you faggots

Attached: sundial-cornwall.jpg (849x565, 229K)

blackpilled is the best.

I can't read an analogue clock either

How can it take more than 5 minutes to teach someone to use an analogue clock?

In Trump's America we Doan Reed so gud

How does yen make more sense than other currencies?

depends on the teacher and obviously on the pupil

>be me
>learning to read and right
>80's but before Mtv
>dad buys me swatch watch
>i'm pissed, want cool new digital
>dad says those are for dumb fags
>later in life
>my son learning to read and write
>buy him swatch watch
>just like me, wants digital
>tell him digital is for dumb fags
He had a son 2 years ago. After this thread, and bringing up these memories of my dad. It will be cool to see if my son buys a analog watch for his son.

Attached: 20190124_120109.jpg (4032x1960, 2.06M)

>being an unironic conservative
Some things just die out if they can't compete with new things, thats how nature works. Artificially clinging to outdated things is foolish.

don't they teach kids to use crayons any more? wtf

Here is another pic of these hellcats and demons.

Attached: 20190124_120113.jpg (4032x1960, 1.89M)

>teaching
>Pakis with median IQ of 70
Pick one.

>spend five minutes teaching kids to read clock
>remove and replace them all

Hans, get the gas

Time to check out of this Judeo-faggot-feminazi society!

Attached: heee-hooo[1].jpg (600x600, 45K)

We did learn how to read those in elementary school pretty sure...
The concept of course is useful but really what it teaches is how light and shadow behave. The actual application is useless now, but from understanding shadows, a kid can always figure out how to read them so its still valuable.
Actually probably a more valuable thing to learn than how to read analogue clocks...

Based.
I still refuse to read an analog clock if I have a choice.
Don't know months in any language either.

Niggers can't read analogue clocks.

Had a hard time learning to read analog clocks as a kid, one day it just clicked for me and now I don't have any issue. Main reason was the stress surrounding it, it was some unreasonable request from adults out to humiliate you.

"Children," "students," etc. = niggers in "dark side of technology" screeds, just as "teens" and "youths" = niggers on the police blotter page.

I struggled learning to read an analog clock.
I tried to hide the fact out of shame.

Look at those digits

Attached: 1542419840793.png (640x491, 13K)

You're just stupid, bucko. Niggers have the same syndrome their entire education careers.

I think I learned it out of natural curiosity and consistently associating hand positions with various events of the day, mostly in school but also out (the network TV schedule probably had something to do with that). All the clocks in elementary school were synced mechanically and made a two click noise every minute and in the absence of any louder noise I heard every one of those.

It's basic pattern recognition. If you are raised in any kind of orderly environment in which you are exposed to analog clocks and have an IQ above 80, you should learn by age 7 or 8 no problem.

Attached: 1556327749334.jpg (490x314, 23K)

The Brainwashing is complete. Social media, Mobile Gaming and News apps/Recommended Content is the Brain washing. Tablets, Phones and Computers are the Platform.

Social media delivers novel content with unpleasant content making you numb to both and programing you to ignore contridicting views. Mobile Gaming rewards no effort puzzles making you idolent and lazy. The two Social media and Mobile gaming also work on your short term focus and memory, over work them, so that long term memory and long form focus are never exercised and used so you lose it.
This prepares you for News apps and Recommended Content, the Now becomes the Always Has Been. This is because you can't remember what used to be, you don't have any will to go look for it and putting in effort has become unpleasant, you are given novel news, and it's presented as correct.

To correct this, delete anything that takes less than an hour to consume. Get rid of it, you don't need it. Next start doing activities that require 8 - 10 hours to complete. Marathon a TV series, Relax all day, Read all day, Create something that takes all day or two things that takes all day, Sing, Write, Study, Work, Sit in the Sun. It needs to be all day. After you've corrected the Brain washing, the Next step is to go after them that put the brain washing in place. After that, make sure to put in place stuff to make it never happen again.

Attached: 1337230104402.gif (500x300, 750K)

Let me tell you something you lucky faggot. You have it better. We get beat to a pulp for not doinbg homework here.

How spoiled you are to complain that things are being done the right way...

It wasn't a complete mystery, like I have issue telling right from left when someone asks me, but when im on my own.

>Kids Can’t Read Them
Anybody who is not a sub 60 IQ total retard can read a clock.
I remember we were taught in the 1st grade and there was nobody who didn't manage.

>Anybody who is not a sub 60 IQ total retard can read a clock.
Well, we would like to introduce you this nigerian child from Sweden.
>Had a hard time learning to read analog clocks as a kid
>have issue telling right from left when someone asks