U.S. does not join plastic waste agreement signed by 187 countries

Why does the US always refuse to sign these agreements?

>Nearly every country in the world agreed to a new provision in a treaty that would aim to limiting plastic waste pollution, but the U.S. was not among them, as it has not ratified a treaty to which the provision was added.

>The governments of 187 countries agreed to add plastic to the United Nations-supported Basel Convention, which regulates the transfer of certain materials between borders, CNN reported Saturday.

>The U.S. did not participate in the talks regarding plastic because it is one of just two countries that has not ratified the treaty, according to CNN. Even though the U.S. did not ratify the treaty, its trades with countries that have approved the deal will be affected.

thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/443251-187-countries-not-us-sign-plastic-waste-agreement

Attached: america.jpg (895x600, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/443251-187-countries-not-us-sign-plastic-waste-agreement
worldatlas.com/articles/countries-putting-the-most-plastic-waste-into-the-oceans.html
ecowatch.com/these-5-countries-account-for-60-of-plastic-pollution-in-oceans-1882107531.html
earthday.org/2018/04/06/top-20-countries-ranked-by-mass-of-mismanaged-plastic-waste/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look at this creature. You honestly think it has a concept of polution or environment?

Attached: IMG_1479.png (200x164, 44K)

Propably something to do with the fact that the US imports most of the plastic products being produced from the developing world.

>Why does the US always refuse to sign these agreements?
because we're rich.
fuck you, poorfag.

Because america is run by corporations and corporate shills like trump who put profits over the environment.

You made this jew.You poluted the world with the 56% face.
You are the worst offender when it comes to polluting.

A better question is, why would we? What do we stand to gain?

Boomers will always take a quick buck over the prosperity of their progeny

>Why does the US always refuse to sign these agreements?
Because fuck you that's why. A sovereign country signing an agreement that makes them obey rulings of other countries is retarded and not what sovereign countries do.

Whenever any of those types of treaties are written they are *always* crafted in a way that hobbles the US and allows worse offenders to go on offending. That "cap and trade" carbon emissions bullshit scheme was the same.

When the boneheads that be begin writing treaties that place the same restrictions on all the signatories maybe we can talk about it. Until then educate yourself.

I am not jewish

Pay us to take your trash and throw it in the Pacific faggots. You fucked yourselves now!

Then what are you?

>thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/443251-187-countries-not-us-sign-plastic-waste-agreement
This article refuses to tell what the other country is. None of them do.

I noticed that too I can't find who the other one is. I want to take a guess and say china.

Because we have already figured out how to responsibly deal with it and don't have to be told like a bunch of children.

Probably because we always get fucked in international agreements.

i sure do love entering agreements with a bunch of people who will not follow the agreement but insist that i do yeah no thanks faggot

it's haiti

Because we don't trust that non European countries will actually hold up their end of the bargain. Why would we aign on to a treaty that ends up costing us more money when China and India and Bangladesh will just fucking lie about how much plastic they are dumping. Isnt something like 95% or more of plastic waste in the ocean from like 7 rivers in Asia and Africa? When we have a 10 year neutrally reviewed confirmation that these countries are actually holding up to those obligations, come talk to us. Until then, fuck off.

The overwhelming majority of ocean plastic comes from China and India. How are we going to fix that without a massive embargo?

Because international laws are for faggots.

Do these international agreements ever accomplish anything aside from redistributing wealth?

Because fuck the UN, that's why.

UN jews don't give a shit about plastic, this is probably some 6 goriliion chess move.

How many of those 187 were Asian? 87% of the plastic in the oceans come from Asian countries. When they sign on, then I'll worry about why a < 1% contributor didn't sign. Fucking tired of bending over backwards to "save the environment" when it's not us doing the shit that's fucking it up anyway, and those who are refuse to change.

Because we are not the problem.
worldatlas.com/articles/countries-putting-the-most-plastic-waste-into-the-oceans.html
ecowatch.com/these-5-countries-account-for-60-of-plastic-pollution-in-oceans-1882107531.html
earthday.org/2018/04/06/top-20-countries-ranked-by-mass-of-mismanaged-plastic-waste/
Go after China, Indonesia, and India if you want to stop any global environmental disaster.
If you go after the US, you are wrong.

95% of it comes from just two rivers, one in india and one in china.