2000 milion lawsuit for giving a single old couple cancer

2000 milion lawsuit for giving a single old couple cancer
Im sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous, how is this decided? can any judge made up the number? can he ask for a billion and bankrupt the company?

Attached: Bayer-portada.jpg (2400x1602, 594K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovKw6YjqSfM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punitive_damages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares? Fuck Monsanto. The damages should have been much higher, enough to bankrupt them entirely.

>fine them 1 billion
>bankrupt the company

user...I...

this desu

shitty immoral companies whose only concern is profit no matter the cost to their own people deserve nothing better than bankruptcy and a whole lot worse.

If monsanto ceased to exist tomorrow the entire world would be a better place.

>bankrupting one of the eviliest companies
>bad
(You)

Monsanto is not the issue, this is just an example

Monsanto IS the issue.

Fuck them.

Well, they only started doing this after German company Bayer bought Monsanto. When it was all American still, the US would do anything to deflect foreign criticism of Monsanto. This is not so muc about monsanto as it is part of the US/EU economic warfare. The EU punishes Google or Facebook or shits on amazon and then the US find issues with EU (mostly German) corporations.

>2000 milion

It is to send a message to other companies to care more about this, filthy (((memeflag))).

Imagine defending what is widely regarded as the most evil cooperation in the world.

It does seem dangerously like something that could be used to target say, a company that isnt properly towing the political line. A big evil company like Monsanto is someone no one will care about being targeted but if it's just to set precedent for doing something more nefarious like that I'd be more worried.

It is a little odd given their age too. I mean I guess you can say they lost their whole lives and how can you put a price on that but still, they're gonna die any day now anyway.

and how did they give them cancer. post the article ffs

>2000 milion
>hiding flag
hmmm...

you are a moron pal, the issue is judges freedom to made up the compensation out of their ass, while a jury can only say guilty or innocent, if it's guilty the judge has a blank check, this is not justice, it's a slot machine and it could be you next time
no life is worth 2000 fucking milions, lots of other people got cancer because radiation or polution and no one gives them a dime, it's not fucking fair

another fucking memeflag kike, defending their criminal corporations
youtube.com/watch?v=ovKw6YjqSfM

Attached: 1548217361650.jpg (750x752, 168K)

I thought the same, if it was still usa owned this wouldn't happen, same with that Volkswagen polution shit, American cars surely pollute more but all the blame went to volkswagen
Its economic warfare

Are you a scum sucking monsanto corporate coming to Jow Forums to whine about how unfair life is to you?

Fuck off kike. This is perfect compensation

See how Americans are.
Knowing it caused cancer they sold it.
Wake up !
Tv and movies about America are fake. To confuse Americans to be nomadic Islamist
Iman just got arrested for hiring a hitman for $ 10,000.00 on a $ 20,000.00 debt. In 2012 the iman was arrested for not depositing $ 245,000.00 correctly.
Do see how American justice works
The false flag is coming

>monsanto still shills on Jow Forums
lol

it is fair you fucking criminal. you broke the line and lost judges who defended your crimes previously.
now you'll pay cunt
consider those 2000fuckingmilions a first rate cunt

Attached: 1556349181560.png (850x446, 377K)

MONSATAN REKT
Kys shill

I am catalan and I use this flag wich is the best thing that has come out from our 8 seconds movement, any problem with that niggers?

This is incorrect. Monsanto has been followed with lawsuits for fucking ever, and the EPA has had beef with them from the beginning because a lot of it is agribusiness, which generates and abundance of environmental and particularly drinking water problems.

On the other hand, why wouldn't the US try to butcher them after they get bought out? You know what Bayer did to a lot of the underling pharma companies it bought in other countries? It shut them down, to the detriment of Americans at the time. I can't think of a better way to ruin a purchase by foreign companies.

Thread that prove Jow Forums are leftists. Monsanto is based for modern farming.

The same way the EU makes up arbitrary fines for Google. It is tariffing by other means.

Painkiller
There always thinking of new ideas to kill you.

Monsanta has sued THOUSANDS of farmers because their genetically engineered seeds ended up on the farms lands. Go fuck yourself monsanto shill.

you are a bunch of fucking schizos holy shit, I just saw the Monsanto lawsuit on tv and made the tread to talk about the justice system and hiw the lawsuit works
It could be Monsanto or it could be you and your wife or you uncle having an accident
Dont you see that judges shouldn't have this kind of power?
Monsanto can disappear for all I care but this is not the point

>get cancer
>sue them
>are you Jewish?
> yes -> 200 million.
> no -> go fuck yourself.

They can’t ban Monsanto there would be no crops
Crops don’t grow if there not GMO in America

They didn’t ask for cancer.
How many Americans sit in jail and they didn’t kill no one.
The 200 million is low if you think about it.

so its the same issue, why should a single judge ask those farmers to pay Monsanto whatever kind of money they asked for?
There should be some guidelines, its too arbitrary, here too, maybe a dad gets a year for drowning his son or five for a mean tweet
This is not justice plain and simple, it's a lottery

I agree with you but I think you're struggling somewhat from the language barrier. Ultimately there's no real reason for someone to be awarded two billion dollars. Yeah it sucks they got cancer, but Monsanto should have been ordered to pay their medical bills in full and honestly I would have stopped there if I was a judge. We live in a clown world where "emotional damages" translates to millions or in this case billions of dollars for no real reason. So the grief caused by the cancer is magically healed by recieiving and insane amount of money? Greedy boomer-tier logic and morals.

It does not matter.
The average American is rather disconnected from the legal world because everyone knows it isnt working as intended and you cannot trust anyone you elect to try and fix it, let alone have any actual hope they'd succeed. This is all spectacle at this point.

America has a long history of killing it’s people.

To be fair, cancer treatment and cancer in general shaves years off of your functional lifetime as a result of stress.

low? 200 milion low? most people won't spend a milion on their whole life, and it's not 200, it's 2 billion

>a single

OP's point is Monsanto gave thousands and thousands of people cancer.
Where is their compensation?

>2000 milion
Who the fuck writes like this? What the fuck is your problem?

How much is your life worth? Put a price on it...

monsanto is cancer mate 2bill is not enough

This is true, it's all part of the trade war.

But not sure which is worse: giving random (((victims))) 2 billion or spreading billions among a few dozen corrupt EU politicians.

He is either from LA or Caliphate of Eurabia....

Listen, I couldn't give any fuck to the old dude who got cancer, but I absilutely want Monsanto and the like to have billions fine every single week.

"Stress" is not a medical diagnosis. I'm stressed leaving work every day but that doesn't mean the company I work for owes me billions of dollars in emotional damages. If you cannot legally or medically quantify something, you should not be ordered to pay it. Yes I realized I'm defending a megacorp, I don't care. The mentality of "reee give me money" is fucking disgusting.

FPBP
Fuck the elite and their giga corporations

There dyeing and there time on earth has been taken from them for what ?
Some rich person to step on the Middle class.

He probably wanted to avoid confusion because in civilized countries a "billion" = 1.000.000.000.000

Most people don’t get cancer from a company that is negligent.
I’m shore the spend the money

a million or two, certainly not 2000

>cost to their own people
globalists have no people no nation no roots no morals no testicles but those carried pinched in their jaws like snuff

the judge didn't decide the award, faggot.

Monsanto is not an issue, in general, there must be no intellectual property

Farmer here fuck Monsanto

I'm spanish and we say 2000 millones
what should I've said? 2 bilion? In europe that's not the same

Fines should be scaled to wealth, so the billions value is wise. If the fines don't scale in a legal system then that legal system exists solely to crush the poor and middle classes and enable malfeasance for the rich, as seen here in Clapistan. The point of the fine is to discourage fuckery not create an illusion of it.

No OP is talking agenda 21
He seems to like mass kill off of humans

IIRC a couple of million is also what the air industry values a human life at.

They use that value to determine if a safety measure is worth the cost or not, which seems very reasonable to me.

There is nobody on Earth whose entire life is worth 2 billion dollars, much less a couple of years shaved off of it. This is greed, pure and simple. Greed drives everything on this planet and the law is no different. Stress, death, life, time left, etc. Are not concepts that you can quantify and place any actual monetary value on and yet some random boomer judge thinks he's reasonable in demanding two billion fucking dollars for the emotional damages of a couple of boomers? Get real. Think of it this way: how much of a cut do you think their lawyer or lawyers are getting from that two billion? What ethnicity do you think their lawyers are? It all comes back around.

what makes you think a judge only got this power in this specific case? what makes you think thats not gonna be used against something you support?

>as seen here in Clapistan
>posting in a thread where the jury awarded 2 BILLION

When (((who))) did?

what do you call 2.000.000.000

Their compensation is having the satisfaction of seeing the beast bleeding.
It's more than nothing and you know you won't get Monsanto to give 1 grand to the 2 millions people it gave cancer.

Fact is that what others value life at is different from what oneself might value themselves at.

Doubt OP would surrender his life for 2 million voluntarily..

Just after Monsanto was bought by Bayer too. Wonder what the total final liability will be?

if some muslim trucks my baby we are not gona get 2000 milions so why should they?

Really
What do you do to control bus and weeds ?
Where do get your seed ?
How big is your crops compared to the amount of seed and land ?

Civil suits are not criminal cases. Generally speaking... Comparing murder or manslaughter trials to a class action/civil suit is a little silly.

the jury

oh no, the poor evil company that ruins everything got sued waahhh

>What ethnicity do you think their lawyers are?

Attached: 1553756891458.gif (444x225, 360K)

I don't support any soulless megacorporation who destoy lives to make billions to a bunch of Jews.
I want Google, Amazon, Apple and all the like to pay billions fines to random people as well.

There should be concurency between economical actor, if this is the tool to break the giant, so be it.

Agreed, this also seems fair to me, so if my wife dies in a crash accident I'll get a milion but these two old farts will get 2000? This is clownworld

Wtf are you even trying to communicate

Wow
So you believe people should be lab rats
Or work in unstable environment
Bad work conditions
Everyone should get that from Monsanto

What's worse is that glyphosate doesn't actually cause cancer. This is purely anti-science bullshit. The courts don't have the sophistication to really adjudicate culpability in the Golden Age -- and this cuts both ways. How is it possible that a naturally occurring gene that causes breast cancer can be patented so that any treatments which target that gene or it's protein products are trade secrets?

If you yourself use the genetic and biochemical properties of that fucked up gene to engineer a solution, you just violated their patent. Mosanto considers the process of seed dispersal, invented millions of years ago, to be copyright infringement when the seeds contain their genetic engineering, and litigates people accordingly.

This is the other end of the stick. Glyphosate doesn't cause cancer. Cancer itself is a signal/noise data integrity problem that has failure cascades like a plane crash. Civil courts don't have the ability to determine if glyphosate was responsible for the material loss of this couple. But it's about making convincing arguments to law students, hiring the most credentialed witnesses, whether or not glyphosate causes lymphoma is tangential.

This is bad news for humanity. Most people never know they are living in a Golden Age until it's already crested. We are living in the Golden Age of the Cell right now. Biopharmaceuticals and all kinds of amazing genetic biotechnology are ready to go. The judicial system will keep this kind of thing from happening if you can go "but I got cancer" and find the wealthiest target possible. It's not necessary to show your cancer in particular was actually caused by the biotech. It's not necessary to show that the tech causes cancer EVER! You still get to pop them for $200MM.

Other suits follow. Let's hope one goes to the SC and gets struck down.

One is an accident and other is intentionally overlooking a carcinogen in your product for the sake of profits..

leftist commie retard detected
tell me one thing with proof monsanto did wrong?

so its better to just kill?

>own farm next to monsanto customer
>wind blows monsanto customers genetically modified crops into your farm
>genetically modified crops begin growing on your farm
>you are now monsanto customer
fuck monsanto

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punitive_damages
Sometimes a punishment's goal to to compensate the victims. For example, if I get a speeding ticket for going 20 over, or if a rich person gets the same speeding ticket we both pay the same fine. Why? Because the same damage was done; we disturbed the peace and safety of the town in the same way, so we pay the same price. Sometimes, however, punishments are meant to act as a deterrent from further actions. If a company worth billions is sued for the damages they caused to two people, they could pay for that no problem, and have no reason to change their ways. The punishment wouldn't actually be a punishment. If a company worth billions is fined for a couple billion, though, then they might think twice.

2 miljard

You are one of the Monsoanto shill trying to act like a fool while defending you opponent point of view. You really need to take trolling lessons.

so can an afghan farmer sue the USA for a trillion dollars for geting their sheep and their legs blown up?
would you people agree with this?

$ 700,00.00 for a book deal
How Americans work
Flint water
Monsanto
Painkillers
When does it end .

It's not about glyphosate. Glyphosate is the active agent of the round up. When the debate opened, Monsanto just removed the glyphosate from the round up and it work just as well.

Make the math.

>Memeflag
Come back with your real flag and we'll talk.

You're a special kind of retard aren't you

>megacorporation
lmao monsanto has the same revenue as whole foods you retard

The American legal system is fucked

Guilt and innocence don't matter, everything is scaled to how much wealth it could produce for the local economy

Like I remember reading a stat where 40 million lawsuits are filed every year in the United States

Attached: WethePlaintiffsSmall.jpg (620x1548, 926K)

based and redpilled

Your from a PR company that Monsanto hired.
Pinging comple
Now how about that

>HEY GOY NO YOU CANR HARVEST YOUR OWN SEEDS YOU HAVE TO BUY OUR SEEDS EVERY TIME GOY

>OH THE FARM NEXT TO YOURS ACCIDENTLY POLLINATED YOUR CROP? TOUGH SHIT GOY CANT WASH THOSE SEEDS

kys kike

implying plane accidents are not caused by negligence

>13,5 billion $ every year
Yup. Megacorporation. What I said.

thats nothing you retard
apple has 20 times the revenue