African elephants are evolving to not grow tusks because of poachers

>Over time, many animals have adapted to their environments to avoid danger and natural predators.

>It appears elephants have begun to adapt to being hunted by poachers for their tusks.

>Currently, almost a third of the female elephant population in Mozambique does not have tusks.

>Previously, between 2% and 4% of all the female elephants in Mozambique had no tusks but that figure has now soared to almost a third of the female elephant population.

businessinsider.com/african-elephants-are-evolving-to-not-grow-tusks-because-of-poachers-2018-11

Attached: 5bf67f33c95701332c257364-750-563.jpg (750x563, 84K)

>poachers
AKA. evil white men.

Genetically tuskless oliphants survive when poachers take the tuskers. External genetic pressure is just bringing the "polled" (horn-less in horny livestock) genetics to the phenotype.

Media's acting like this is a surprise.

ohh, so their dna is aware of poachers and decided to change on its own.

I love science...

>Niggers killing too many elephants.
Doesn't good game management mean that there needs to be a culling of the nigger herd?
Maybe raise some money by selling nigger hunting licenses?

And I love scientifically illiterate people.

imagine being retarded

Actually it's mostly nigs that sell the tusks to whites and Asians who turn them around into an insane profit.

>one elephant grows big tusks
>one grows tiny tusks
>big one killed for tusks and cannot pass big tusk genes
>small tusk one left alone to pass on genes
what is hard about this

>kill all the elephants with tusks
>leave the tuskless ones alone
>HURRRR DURRR EVOLUTION SO BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE SCIENCE XDDDD

>observe my elephant tusks, and grovel, pathetic poorfag.
and i claaaaped

It's more inadvertant selective breeding. More tuskless elephants survive to pass on their genes as the ones with tusks are overly targeted.

fucking poachers need to be punished with getting locked in jail for at least a decade

Fucking white people.
The world will be so much better off without cumskins.

Attached: 135.jpg (961x640, 125K)

>Only small tusked elephants reproduce
>The wonders of nature
Fucking reddit-tier

I wish the dumb americans could learn to keep their mouths shut.

What's so valuable about thetusks anyway?

Humans are not the only "intelligent" species on earth. The other great apes, cetaceans, and pachyderms are all self aware. I won't kill or eat any of these species for this reason. I also wouldn't eat canids or felines, and maybe bears. They may not be self aware but not on my menu. Cattle, some birds (no parrots, obviously) and fish are for eating.

Just because a species isn't as intelligent as humans doesn't mean it isn't conscious and enjoying life. There are a number of species that are obviously not just dumb animals, and elephants are one of them.

Ant people Chinks think it's some sort if potent medicine.

Chinese love the stuff, it's scarcity makes it desirable. It is very malleable and easy to carve, and has a history in China.

It lets you use chaos control.

fucking leaf and Chinese

i call bullshit, if this was the case, americans would have stopped growing foreskins for the exact same reason

this
(((scientists))) are low iq
i love ppl that thing theyre ((((scientifically literate))), especially when theyre from europe!

>dencuck education

Attached: cope.jpg (480x515, 34K)

lol it's the same retard that doesn't understand evolution and has been posting all day

No elephants with smaller tusk are simply outbreeding the ones with tusk since the african poachers fuck them up in a way they bleed to death.

>seething

Do you know how a pocket calculator works? How about the computer you're posting on?

No they don't, they need to have white people form pleasure expeditions where we fly out and fuck up their villages for fun until they're all fuckin' dead. Fuck those worthless niggers.

Attached: image.jpg (150x170, 26K)

Just go to fucking Yakutia and get mammoth tusks

based leaf

Sounds similar to how supposedly some rattlesnakes have started losing their rattles. Instead of serving the purpose of scaring and warning people to leave them alone, humans instead sought them out to kill them.

FAKE. According to christcucks on Jow Forums evolution isn’t real.

And wimminz are evolving dicks and little tiddies so they dont get raped.
Men are evolving arseholes with teeth so they dont get buggered (except the fags- their bums evolved into poop vaginas).
Infidels are evolving hair burkas so they dont get behead.
Negroes are evolving lighter skin so they dont get arrested.
Whites are evolving darker skin so they can get food stamps.

based and creationismpilled

they should evolve the ability to kill niggers.

not evolution you fucking idiot

Timber rattlesnakes in the south east are increasingly rattler-less.
Same concept.

or the ones with tusks which was a disadvantage died... hmm
wait isn't that how evolution works

Attached: 1543437158695.jpg (399x370, 23K)

Kek.

>bite owner get smack
>gore owner get smack
>toothless/hornless animal born
>lives longer for SOME WEIRD REASON

wow so shock, let's give women the option to neuter their newborn sons to make them less aggressive.

>4% are tusklets
>Nogs shoot 88% of the Elephants, all of them with tusks.
>Tusklet revolt succeded guys
Thats not adaption, if adaption happened this fast, we would be swarmed by gas resistant unflammable Hebrew.

Domesticated elephants should seem fun, they will probably be very small soon.

This. People act as if evolution was some miraculous conscious process. Instead it's just a manifestation of physical / natural laws.

>he knows

oh dear

>oliphants
just know that if you ever went to an Afrikaner town they would hate you for not being religious enough, and you would think all their women are gross.

or the ones without tusks had more surviving offspring so the DNA sequence for no tusks can spread.
Much like antibiotic resistent bacteria whose "offspring" will be also antibiotic resistant.

ivory was used in decorations and art all over the world until like 80 years ago.
But it's still really popular in China and the Middle East, and it isn't slowing down.

but user, that leaves no room to shoehorn in muh god

>we would be swarmed by gas resistant unflammable Hebrew
Kek

I'm not going there. Being Aesir-tier Nord is an open invitation for a nigger mob to murder me, my spouse, and my children.

English is clearly your second language, so I'll tell you it's because OP is retarded.
It's not "evolution", and the elephants are not "adapting to dangers".
What is happening is the ones with the biggest tusks are being killed, thus leaving only the ones with the smaller tusks alive to breed. The tusks will get smaller over time. It's as simple as that. Again, in no way is this an "adaptation" of any kind.

Imagine being any of them.
Savagely slaughtering the majestic icon and pride of your continent, for a bone that some rich chink fuck thinks will fix his dick. Not to mention they probably sell it at a low fraction of its value.
The worst part is that they don’t even see this much, they’re quite literally only thinking of their next meal.
Its sad, really.

No, Africans, paid by Chinese cannibals and witch doctors

That's evolution though

Describes the steps of evolution.

Not evolution retard

that's the same thing fool

So all of our safety rules (that protect the stupid) and unwillingness to kill retards means that we are evolving into a species of stupid retards.
This makes sense now.