Why Religion?

Why is Religion important?

Arguments seem to rage constantly on Jow Forums concerning peripheral matters regarding religion but I don't see any threads discussing 'Why' religion persists and endure.

My suspicion is that people simply don't know, or have forgotten, or are content enough to not care. Yet here we are in the current year and religion is still a burning topic of discussion and debate. Islam clearly is front and Centre, the Catholic church's pedophile scandal is constantly in the News, Atheism is most militant in the Anglo sphere with it's most prominent prophets coming from Western halls of Academia.

So the question seems, to me at least, to require exploration and analysis; Why is Religion so important. Why do we seem to need it?

Attached: 1556574988711m.jpg (1024x898, 127K)

please put som windmill on this one i beg you

Imagine having to imagine a Sky Daddy who teaches you how to be a good person.

the human mind thrives if it can think of skydaddy.

Man requires more of society than just a materialistic economic model. Man requires transcendence

Read Julius Evola

How can you tell the bride from a groom at a Polish wedding?

The bride has on the clean bowling shirt and braids her armpit hair

or spinning atoms the other way and simuntaneously banging a norwegian princess.

are you in outer space unknown location user?

Man hasnt really figured out morals without relgion yet. Im an athiest and I dont think a society without relgion would do very well. I just can take the bullshit spirtulism

This!

Yes moonish :-)

>windmill?

YOU JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE

must be temporal dislocation :-O

Because people are more then just the sum total of their biological parts. As imagers of God, we are naturally and metaphysically attracted to that which transcends time, space and matter.

Religion is the outward expression of inner spirituality and is therefore perfectly normal and serves important purposes for both individual and soceity.

Attached: 1548816723364.jpg (1600x1060, 419K)

And that would prove that i have greater power than Durex

organic dynamite. has lesser power than the atom.

bump

But what purpose?

It seems that it is this 'purpose' which is forgotten or has been hidden. No one speaks of it not the Church, not Islam, nor any other body.

What is it's purpose, it's core purpose, the thing that makes it so important it emerges time after time in all locals across millenia?

Surely this is the absolute and critical question.

It's about the division between weak minded people and strong minded ones. As you would have imagined by now, the majority of the populane are weak minded, and they need an infinite source of hope, since living is by itself a terrifying experience. This doesn't mean that there aren't spiritual/esoteric things going on, it's just that the majority of people focus/rely too much on religion, and this blocks them from seeing more things that need to be seen if one wishes to achieve greatness

The moral framework comes after the event though. Discrete Religious traditions all reflect the mores and customs of societies they emerge in. In Peter Berger's book, 'The Sacred Umbrella', this is described very well but it doesn't illustrate the original necessity.

>if one wishes to achieve greatness

Someone used an image from the Catcher in the Rye the other day and this saying comes from it;

The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

I think there are a lot of people on Jow Forums who are dying nobly because they can't find a humble purpose worth living for.

IT

... has been... lost, somehow, or concealed.

Religion provides this purpose, but how?

I don't see the logic behind the phrase. Anyway, why should we strive for a humble purpose? Not that it's bad, but why? Specially in the situation we're now, we must be daring and not humble

Hitler was the German wish fulfillment for a sky daddy

Honestly though, are you working toward "greatness", or is that your immaturity speaking? And it's not about striving to be humble, that's an oxymoron, it's about being content with what you have. Desire causes despair. The gnawing feeling we're not good enough, exacerbated and driven by the media, making us turn on each other instead of seeing our commonalities.

All this desire and despair is being vigorously stirred up today, gathering momentum and it's consequences are going to be bad for that vast; the Vast majority.

Possibly. Ever since the Enlightenment Europeans have sought a profane Master of the Universe.

A Diablo

>The gnawing feeling we're not good enough
That's struggle, and without struggle there's no life, nor a point in it. Hitler already talked about this
>exacerbated and driven by the media, making us turn on each other instead of seeing our commonalities
Aside from PC bs, does the media constantly remind us that we're not great enough? I don't remember that happening
Also, the problem with the media is jews, remove the jews and it's all good

The function of the media has always been control, to provide distraction and shape society,

Jews are the grit in the oyster. Their purpose is to 'shake the bottle'. They provoke God, challenge God and have driven Judeo Christian culture. Christianity and Islam orbit Judaism and wouldn't exist without it.

All forms of profane political ideologies will never succeed in destroying it or it's orbits. Extreme political movements all result in destruction, they all eat their children.

>religion is important
Christ is important because Christ is the truth

It's about Identity

>Why is the meaning of life important?

christogenea.org