What happens when it runs out?

What happens when it runs out?

Attached: Oil_platform_P-51_(Brazil).jpg (2657x1772, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hk-Ud5LKlGo
eia.gov/energyexplained/index.php?page=coal_reserves
nature.com/news/2008/080131/full/news.2008.542.html
youtu.be/VtWGLHOX7yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dont worry, it's ok. :)

It won't. The problem is when it becomes so hard to extract it takes more energy to get it than it produces.

It will never run out.
Peak Oil is bullshit, like climate change.

The earth core contains oil for hundreds of years.

Attached: 1391903347489.png (1017x652, 145K)

Thats not my problem

I dont owe my children anything

Not an issue, Nuclear power has a billion year supply.

what if Oil is actually a substance created by inner earth/hollow earth/middle earth Dragon Lords running some sort of scam, fuck this shit !

Attached: 1514995031355.gif (500x384, 315K)

we are fucked, completely and utterly, and im not talking just fuel

Dellusion at its finest

Oil was created by the Forest Elves to get people to stop burning their birch trees for fuel so that could keep using them in their saunas.

Attached: 1475528553388.jpg (1024x817, 153K)

We unsher in a new age

usher*

Nuclear power can be used to make oil that is $20 or less bbl.

The general consensus is "who cares?", because contrary to most alarmists this will happen decades from now long after I'm dead. It will be a problem for the shitskins of the future to deal with, not me.

Nuclear is literally the answer to our problems, it's just oil is 'cheaper' for now

>What happens when it runs out?
You sell short :D

it won't.
oil is a renewable resource produced by bacteria in the ocean floor.

That'll be the burden of a future generation. We don't need to worry about it. Fuck them lol, they're going to have a miserable go of it, while we live in the last great few years.

Attached: 71409-large-planet-of-the-apes-blu-ray10.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

maybe, however this all depends on theoretical middle earth physics, which is an incredibly perplexing subject

This, there are oceans of oil and gas trapped underground.

dumb boomer

it'll never run out, the earth produces more the more we use

US will need a huge fucking wall. Canada has no strategic reserves. Mexico has no strategic reserves. US has a shitload in strategic reserve.

This guy get’s it

youtube.com/watch?v=hk-Ud5LKlGo

nuclear and renewables, it not that we don't already use them it's that they aren't as effective so once it runs out we'll settle for the others

don't have to worry about that for a couple thousand years. can make it from coal after that

No not really. There's enough U235 for the next thousand years, and enough thorium for much longer than that still. If we bother recycling the waste you can add a few zeros at the end too.
AND then there's deuterium-tritium fusion, and lithium boron I think as well, which will last even longer than that.
By that point we better fucking have developed proton-proton fusion, which will last for all intents and purposes, forever.

more creatures and trees die and liquify becoming oil and we burn that too. then go to mars, terraform it, let more creatures and trees live and die, liquify, then mine that.

a lot less food, for one

Nuclear power's issue is completely political, if it was allowed to take advantage of economy of scale, it would be the cheapest by far.

Coal.
eia.gov/energyexplained/index.php?page=coal_reserves

>but how can i use coal energy in cars?
With eletric batteries

They're milking every last dollar from oil then miraculously revealing an efficient renewable replacement. Or nuclear.

You can also liquefy it.

Boomer graves filled with cheap Chinese plastic junk will be the oil fields of tomorrow.

Attached: 1547043415487.png (389x446, 387K)

The idea it's a finite resource is perpetuated by people who want to maximize its value. Truth is hydrocarbons are created within the planet naturally, there are massive clouds of it in space and even planets with oceans of the stuff. It's not produced from dead dinosaurs.

Oil will never run out, abiotic oil theory is true.

Yes you do

lol i laugh at you

>implying 90% of the population won't be wiped out next year

>not just liquifing nigs right now

Social collapse because whe have become so dependant on it. Take a look at the end of the bronze age, when people ran out of bronze and all hell broke lose, now think that in todays world the bronze is oil, consequences will be much worse

kvetching. kvetching like you've never seen.

This is your mind on Jow Forums

It won't just run out. It will get progressively more difficult to access, spurring technological change that either makes extraction cheaper or investment in other energy sources. This is true of most commodities. Peak oil is a leftist meme.

We have enough for hundreds of years. We keep inventing ways to get more of it out of the ground. The amount of available oil has gone up. And hopefully we post single planet by the time it runs out.

Begone paki

Where do you people get your conspiracy theories from? Do you just belive the stupidest thing youn can as some sort of dab on rational normalicy?

>It won't run out: it will run out
Schizo

It can never run out for it is a continuous process that produces it.Namely, the decomposion of organic matter.
I don't know who came up with the idea that it can actually 'run out'. That is just unacceptable for a scientist to come to such a conclusion and actually publish it.

Attached: 33bee4468862584b64902a8678f8f924.jpg (2247x1380, 697K)

Kissenger said it, you clearly have no rationality and are illogical.

>Abiotic oil theory
I be you can't even design a pocket calculator, why do you believe things you have no understanding of

You ever see mad max?

>I be you can't even design a pocket calculator
I don't think anyone knows how to do that besides a few high-tech engineers lol

> why do you believe things you have no understanding of
I understand a lot more than you.

we don't really need it

Not convinced he's right but nigger titan is in fact completely covered by hydrocarbons, and no life has been detected there so far. There obviously has to be a natural process capable of producing the lighter stuff, like methane to butane.
Although as far as I could tell there's no evidence suggesting its production in the Earth's crust/mantle.

And what do trees breathe? C02.

commercial fusion reactor prototype will be successful this year
commercial fusion plants adding power to the grid will be in operation within 5 years, be ubiquitous in 8 years
-someone on the inside

I said it won't just run out. Not that there isn't a finite supply.

Back in the day oil literally bubbled up from the ground, yet those fields dried up decades ago, now we have fracking, derricks in the middle of the ocean and so on. The laws of supply and demand dictate that, overtime, previously uneconomical reserves become economical to access. Eventually, oil may be so economically expensive to extract that it makes sense to switch to alternative source of energy. My point was this is all a gradual process, it's not like everything is gonna dry up unexpectedly.

Modern society colapses and most of the population will die.

How?

there is a population of dodo birds living in the a sanctuary under the south pole - we're just waiting for the right time to repopulate them

4.8 Earthquake in the Med. Tel Aviv issues tsunami warning.

You have no idea where you are, do you?

Attached: 1543192028496.gif (520x516, 2.27M)

This. Crude oil is an infinite resource.

What makes you so certain it will?

Reminder that the millions of little brown people hopping the border chopped down everything Green so they can have a nice comfy desert

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-130433_Google.jpg (1857x1243, 1.3M)

>oil produced by dead organic matter plus gravity
>oil will continue to be produced after the death of our sun
well well.

But jokes aside, I believe the last projection I read stated that coupled with increased efficiency in both use and extraction, they don't have a date for when we will "run out" and it's far beyond the reasonable future, if at all.

we can build engines without the need for lubricants
we have fuels like hydrogen that are freely available
bioplastics are a thing
i could go on

>Although as far as I could tell there's no evidence suggesting its production in the Earth's crust/mantle.
nature.com/news/2008/080131/full/news.2008.542.html

As an Arabic immigrant I much prefer deserts to forrests because it reminds me of home and i don't have to worry about a spider in the grass

we go back to what we did before

People start dying in really big numbers.

I know there is oil in the solar system. Also it is possible to make hydro-carbons from plants or just water and air if you have the right catalyst. The problem is energy efficiency.

Can any engineer fags explain how they build those things in the ocean?

They don't. They build them on land and then drag them out to sea.

it's ok we will see then

There's more oil in one Texas shale than there is in the entirety of the middle east. This is not a serious possibility.

Fun starts

>how they build those things in the ocean?
They're build at a ship yard and then moved to location

They are actually built on land and floated into position.

Americans have to walk

Attached: 0dab6999b7b2cbea0539b7fcf3797ae2.gif (1024x768, 423K)

These days AI drills in all directions, so even dry wells can be retapped.

Titan, a moon of saturn, has entire oceans of simple hydrocarbons. we send ships there to collect propane and propane accessories

Oh shit, well never mind then. thanks
I guess in retrospect its somewhat obvious. But I thought it was just carbon mixed with sulfur and sometimes heavy metals (which have their own economic value). The hydrogen rich part surprised me. Although seemingly difficult to get to because of the pressure it seems feasible at lease eventually.
Well the energy efficiency is irrelevant when humans aren't the one paying the bill. see the link user posted.

It won't run out, fracking the USA alone would provide all of earth's energy needs for over100 years

Fuck, I'll just eat a bullet from my AR-47 Assault Rifle then.

Attached: HeuteIstMeinTag.jpg (1000x1000, 157K)

This is what boomers honestly believe

We go back to Denmark or vouch for Kalmar union

It's never been found in large
amounts enough amounts to exploit though.

FUCK NIGGERS

When oil runs out there will be a worldwide price inflation that will drive people to use different energy sources. Its that simple
youtu.be/VtWGLHOX7yg

Travel becomes very expensive which causes the balkanization of large countries like the US.

Oil will never "run out", because it is created in the Earth's mantle constantly, it is not "fossil fuel" from dinosaurs as we are told.

Who cares? That won't be for centuries, if ever

Oil is abiotic
It never runs out

Humanity will adapt. Like it always does.

I have a mountain bike too Krautfag