That change that went down

When did the Internet went from playful and happy to sad and angry?

Attached: D6xSvwLXoAM-Rx3.jpg (500x321, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/Yhamuyh
youtube.com/watch?v=-he5S1UFeC8
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/is-there-something-wrong-people-who-do-not-use-facebook
youtube.com/watch?v=tK53ygkPFZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The day it became known it wasn't about giving videogames to everyone, it was about taking them from certain people

2008ish, first signs at 9/11

When you started visiting Jow Forums

>When did the Internet went from playful and happy to sad and angry?
It was a progressive alteration from the top down with hidden algorithms.

Social media has been conducting psy ops on millions of people all day every day. Social media has the power to do so much good but not when baby fucking kikes run those companies.

All the great war and killing videos got axed because the (((Elite))) was afraid of giving the Plebs ideas. With no outlet for their sadness and anger, the posters took a darker tone. That's when most normal comment sections were either shut down or severely restricted.

somewhere between 1985 and 1991

They took our games

When leftist politics started to be injected into every form of media and it ultimately made it to the internet

No, it was before I came here.
It was the rise of the SJW. Screaming harpies infecting forums all over the place with their "Muh Utopia" bullshit.

Attached: 2007.jpg (1477x1941, 429K)

Windows 95

>the internet hate machine
Powerful

this post is sponsored by Tide brand Tide Pods.

the internet has always been a great place

------------------------------------------
Live Laugh Love

fucked up that 2007 was 20 years ago

The internet has always been full of snowflake niggers, they were just hidden. discordapp.com/Yhamuyh now those cunts are in every single place on the fucking internet

When (((Big Corp))) realized anger generates more clicks than fun. 2011-ish

When we all fucking realised that we meant nothing and could effect no change. But at the same time we were connected to everybody else who meant nothing and they could effect no change. Then the shilling started. Then we became determined. Then the panic set in.

when the American government started a policy of systematic genocide of its native-born population during the Obama administration

internet used to made up more of individuals private or personal websites about whatever they were interested in. now its mostly corporate or organisation websites which makes it feel alot more commercialized instead of comfy. itt

Attached: mndofitsown.gif (303x214, 1.98M)

this
I believe its when everyone had a smart phone in their pocket

When the normies could access the internet from handheld devices.

Fucking smartphones

Attached: 65B99597-BBE9-4FEB-81B8-958322E6078D.gif (720x489, 501K)

It became clear at some point that google is a mass voter intimidation operation, not an information company

youtube.com/watch?v=-he5S1UFeC8
This video shows that google leadership is determined to pressure its own employees to vote for Democrats. This is illegal voter intimidation, but google is too-big-to-fail, so it gets away with this political crime.

When the world went insane.

Attached: Tranny Demon Reading Time at the Michelle Obama Library.png (600x600, 507K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.30.38 PM.png (2734x1368, 1.17M)

>Stiff
Frankly impressed that euro econo-boxes can cock-a-leg the same way

When it became obvious that everyone is permitted a homeland except for white European people.

The internet is a DARPA project, and instead of being simply a government information service, the internet has begun demanding that the American people fund this service and allow it to dominate politics. It is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE for a government information service to demand the authority to dominate politics. You can see this in the recent hysteria over "hate speech" on the internet. The internet is now a bullhorn the government uses to demand citizens give up their civil rights. Totally fucking sick. The government of the USA really screwed the pooch on this one.

9/11.

Phone posters get the rope!

Attached: 3afe4a396e8a9b72e90ed385262beffb14a51f1d2fbfad0e831797fea1d80b60.jpg (255x190, 12K)

There was a barrier to entry back then. Unless you had a blackberry or a sidekick with limited internet capabilities, it really was a small percentage of society that was on the internet. Here's what you needed in early 2003 for example

>PC that was nearly or exceeded $1k
>ISP (either from utility company or monthly dial up services such as AOL, Netzero, Earthlink, ect.)
>You couldn't be on it all the time unless you worked from home and only seldom checked out internet shit before/after work/school

What do you need now?
>cheaply made, overpriced prepaid smartphone at 7-11
>prepaid card
Thats it. It can be done in minutes and a retard can be on twitter spouting drivel only their echo chambers are the only ones who seem to give a shit.

You aren't going back to the wild west days. I feel the same way with anime. I'm never going to have my nebbishy subculture back without a bunch of faggots getting involved.

They're an absolute necessity in the current year

I got to experience it from the humble beginnings and it was full of garbage back then.

somehow everyone is miserable and everybody became a zombie. whatever. i don't care. do whatever makes you happy!

Attached: bill_clinton.jpg (1488x1984, 1.25M)

At some point, Facebook went from an annoying service for annoying teens and middle schoolers to a way for psychologists to intimidate adults.
Basically facebook became a way to treat adults as if they were in middle school or high school. Very insulting to the American people. The question in my mind is why the government allowed a single company to undermine the society. The facebook case alone is enough for me to question the original purpose behind the internet.
In short, the American people are putting the internet on trial, in the court of public opinion. The government should cut the internet loose or it will be put on trial as well. DARPA needs to refocus and find a way to explain its purpose and vision to the American people.
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/is-there-something-wrong-people-who-do-not-use-facebook
Is There Something Wrong With People Who Do Not Use Facebook?

Attached: better to have blowjobs than no jobs.jpg (460x288, 27K)

Attached: im-the-good-kind-of-bill.jpg (550x366, 45K)

The internet discovered the jewish lies

About 2007-8.

everyone and everybody did this to themselves. the speech patterns are predictable. its easy to navigate society now. life is like a video game. ive got all the cheat codes. great! awesome! truly truly amazing! lets play.

Attached: all_your_base_are_belong_to_us.png (240x160, 9K)

Do you guys really see this as much as you let on? Because I don't. Just the occasional outlandish post somewhere. I feel like SJWs are an imaginary enemy.

Biggest issue is we grew up. The same kids that were online and happy back then (late early 90s) were different from the normies. We got older had real world concerns and were capable, probably for the first time I. History of looking at large scale lies, manipulation, and propaganda. You won’t be happy once you realize that.

Early 2000's when all the normies got on.

Pre-planned service, it didn;t go from anything to anything. It was designed from the ground up and given to kikenberg as a gift. Just watch as (((investors))) try to unseat (((him))) like uber, papa johns, etc.

i hate to tell you, but it was never any different. social media just brought things to light. the world was always fucked up. in fact, its probably safer, easier, and more efficient than ever. maybe its because we don't have to wait or anticipate anymore. everything is too easy and instant. it was never supposed to be like this. it is now. not sure where we go from here. im looking forward to the future anyway. why? because fuck you. you want me to be miserable? fuck you. you want me to be sad? fuck you. i will be happy. just to spite everyone.

Attached: emeril.jpg (728x600, 78K)

because NPC are retards. 80% of population should be killed off. Internet survived and flourished until normies got to it, and now it's been regulated on daily basis because retards get offended.

If you don’t think it was different you are intentionally misleading yourself. People are happy with their ignorance, if powers that be told them it was grand times it was. With barbarians at the gate those being entertained by the games of campus and Rome were still loyal. Now the gates are gone, the barbarians walk amongst us and unlike them, we now know we are the sport on display.

9/11
Many don't appreciate just how devastating that event was as a cultural mindfuck.

September 1993 when AOL become available to burgers, and then again in 2006-2008 when normies started to get affordable and less shitty smartphones.

Do you count with fingers and toes, but ignore the big ones?

>Social Media
'Nuff said.

When black twitter became a thing.

You realize social media was pushed by the government during the facebook era so that the government could shape people's thoughts and the social sphere.

The government has control over what is "popuplar" by having bots/just changing the likes on pictures. I mean really, think about it. Likes on social media are 100% bullshit, but they MATTER now.

>8 minuets per hour

Gamergate

Phonefags get out REEE

Attached: Phonefag.png (1229x417, 82K)

How else am I supposed to call people faggots while I’m pooping?

Faggot.

Attached: 9B7C9B4B-39D0-429E-A797-864FB368FF4C.jpg (499x496, 60K)

Internet was never meant for normies. It was just OK when only nerds used it. Most people don't even know how it works and they don't care.
It's another great invention of mankind that has been grossly misused and instead of enrichment will lead to misery.

Attached: 9781562054083.jpg (345x430, 43K)

>September 1993
Eternal September

Man I’ve been on Jow Forums too long.
Over 10 yrs.

Attached: 2007 the year internet went to shit intertet ruined.jpg (1200x1577, 254K)

>more than half are Phonefags
mother of god...

Attached: Jack Twitter.jpg (1080x1350, 116K)

when the normies showed up

Centralization has ruined things. The internet has gotten much smaller. The wonder it once had is gone. It used to be filled with mysteries and possibilities and you could spend all night sifting through and finding all sorts of strange videos and websites. Now it's just the same big sites owned by a few megacorps pushing whatever garbage TPTB think are fit for mass consumption. We've all lived long enough to see the wild west die and be replaced with concrete and consumerism. This site is the last gunfighter, and I just hope we've got enough gumption left in us yet for one last job.
youtube.com/watch?v=tK53ygkPFZs

Attached: 2kino gunfighter ballads and trailsongs.png (1500x1500, 1.62M)

Something changed around 2008.

Its never felt right since.

many do. the twin towers really stood for something. i have nothing against the freedom tower, but there's nothing really special about it either.

Attached: philippe_petit_74.jpg (1200x799, 120K)

>this

Social media is to blame

Chat rooms and forums were old internet. Ebaum's world and Rotten.com and unique

Facebook and snapchat and reddit are normie newfaggotry. Bland status quo

Smart phones + social media.

>This all started under Obama!

Fucking fuck off you underaged fucking fuck.

>Immigration Act of 1965, President Lyndon Baines Johnson (Kike)

Attached: !!!!!!!!!!.jpg (855x885, 214K)

When everyone moved from Myspace to Facebook. That's when.

Do you still believe this once you realize they consider you to be a part of that 80%?

Attached: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg (500x500, 57K)

it was the iphone above everything else
that began a trend
that trend attracted all the market and executives
shit snowballed from there

>You will never own a Ferrari
>Unless you were born into old money
Sick of life. I just spent 6 years in University and I'm about to spend two more and the result? I'm gonna get paid a little bit more than the average goy to help Mr. Silverberg buy more mansions and supercars.

By the time 9gag showed up, give or take.

It's not the internet. It's the entirety of the West, as it slowly dissolves around us.

it was last Tuesday

Smartphones opening up the internet to people who can't use computers.

when normies and corporatist faggots saw it had value and decided to appropriate it and evict and disenfranchise it's early residents

Ask the Jew's.

I clearly remember and felt the shift went facebook invaded my circles.
Suddenly it was all about taking pics of your meals and posting it.

right around 2009, a year after obummer was elected and people finally started realizing he was just another dindu nuffin and lied about all his campaign promises of hope and change. the people got swindled and were finally starting to wake up to the fact how easily manipulated they were

braaaap

2012 thanks the president black man and his black army of racist blacks

Maybe you just grew up.

>the people got swindled and were finally starting to wake up to the fact how easily manipulated they were
And then they voted for him again. Makes sense. People don't learn.

The emergence of social media is what ruined it. Twitter, facebook etc. I don't remember people being angry on myspace. Most myspace pages were so cluttered with gifs and auto-playing music it took so long to load you forgot what you were angry about.

Facebook has had ex FBI, CIA, DARPA etc. people in the high ranks since its first really started to take off. It has been a government backed datamining operation since almost the beginning.

normalfags, ease of access, social media

people say it was the influx of normalfags, but it was just women, as always. They came in with the phones and did what they do everywhere else; expect the community to bend to their will

Attached: 1534083229206.jpg (759x847, 110K)

Severely underrated post

when the bullies felt it was ok to join the marginalization
crowd where they went. bullies can't help themselves
they just have to follow the leader wherever he may go.

Attached: malachite.jpg (1280x720, 568K)

When the Smart-Phone became affordable and the internet was 24/7.

Nope. We've had flame since the 90's.

2007 like this guy said

Nice pape, Do you have any others like this?

I'd say it was the takeover of all media in general.
The spiteful attitude of almost every media outlet towards straight white males overnight.