Religion - Is it good for you?

>Is it worth getting into Christianity if you know damn well it's bullshit and is literally a cult, for the sake of social and psychological betterment and possibly gf?
Also ps no Fedora tip ad hominems pls I'm fragile

Also antecdotal, in a higher end crazy bin one of the chaplains seem to be a closeted pedo of some type, I kinda got this by feeling his vibe. That clicked , and my body language changed. He probs noticed this but seem unphased. It seems like he probably at some point confided in a spiritual authority about his pedo feel-yuh and was told it's ok because God loves everyone especially ass rapists and he embraced that gospel and doesn't care about his own pedo-feely-UH anymore and doesn't act on it either. I'm not a pedoph Hitler either I'm just describing what I see as a testament to the potential psychotherapeutic benefits of christy-janny-t.

Attached: 41aeUVFxVeL._AC_SY400_.jpg (483x387, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gcLxa_SKTXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's up to you. You could also chop some of your dick off and convert to Islam or Judaism. Getting the meat off the penis opens up your options.

>makes fedora-tier post
>"p-pls no fedora tips"
4u

Attached: 51VOTUuZnlL._SX342_QL70_.jpg (342x267, 15K)

Ok I'm going to make a similar argument against your post.

You're cu ck.

Everything-- literally all of it-- has a good side and a bad side.

Trying to stay above all the bad just makes you part of the problem in a whole different way.

>"c-cuck!"
Just go to church, user. You obviously need some guidance in life.

>F-fedora! Reference to slightly personal thing mentioned in post that will hurt your feelings because im belittling u lol xdd

They're a good source of ever-young boy holes if you're into that. And if you have a weak personality whining to someone about your plights every Sunday might help if your therapist is off on vacation. But beyond that, eh.

>getting this mad at trolling
Serious answer though, user. If you're interested in the church, you should go to a service sometime and see what it's about. You might think it's all bullshit, but if you find a church with a good pastor, you might find that it's a little less about "lol muh invisible man in the sky!" and a little more about learning how to become a better person.
Just don't go to a Catholic church, because I can already tell you're going to hate it and get nothing out of it beyond "lol pedos XD" jokes

How do you know what you know, user?

Autistic level body language interpretation paired with casual leisurely study in psychology in conjunction with critical thinking and common sense and intuition

But how do you know what you know is True?

I don't at all

Also I see where you're getting at and that's a disgusting insinuation m8.

So you do not "know damn well its bullshit and is literally a cult, for the sake of social and psychological betterment and possibly gf..."

Yes and no, honestly, just read the book and try to understand it for yourself. There is A LOT of wisdom in there but in this day and age it's a bit pointless to join a church, especially because you'd be surprised how badly people misread and reinterpret the damn book. Some parts are a bit pointless and boring, some are awesome and inspiring.

Well it is bullshit because there is no heaven or hell lol. That's retarded. Literally fear based mind control. Also it's a cult because for one it worships some spiritual being just like Charles Manson or Scientology and it indoctrinates people from childhood just like MKultra, it welcomes them with open arms and smiles and tries to get you back in a persistent and rapey way(experienced this one) as well as sometimes getting aggressive over disagreement and or wanting to leave the cult, happy clappy brainwashy murderous gun totey because I'm Americy rape little boys behind the altary cult. And this is all in plain view to anyone with like an IQ of 90.

youtu.be/gcLxa_SKTXY

HEY NOW HEY NOW IM ALL AROUND YOU ROUND YOU

Well if you want to lose braincells on a daily basis, well then go for it man.

So basically you're projecting your very unfortunate history of being abused onto everything about the church. I'm sorry that you had to experience such a traumatic event in your childhood, and I hope that the perpetrator(s) was/were brought to justice. But that does not give you license to brand a couple billion people as cultists and rapists and child abusers. Horrible people find their way through the cracks no matter where they go, but that doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of millions of Christians who are just trying to better themselves and find moral and philosophical guidance.

How do you KNOW that there is no Heaven and no Hell if you don't know how to prove what you know is True or not?

Uh because when you die it's lights out. I can't know anything I don't experience firsthand but y'know, common sense dictates...I'm not wasting time arguing but j can't prove its not real you can't prove it is. Same argument exists x1,000,000,000,000 on the internet. Don't care.

Nah man wasn't ass raped rapey means you give off rapist vibes. they're weirdos and self righteous elitist assholes. All philosophies based on compassion and love are pretentious anyways because human nature is inherently selfish and opportunistic. If it doesn't harm you or benefits you sure be kind. If the world collapsed into anarchy tomorrow you wouldn't be fucking trying to talk to people about brotherly love and the word of God. You'd either die, or go against your pretentious morals and kill to survive. It's a big ethical larp. I know enough about Christianity to know it's a bunch of hot air.

Common sense dictates its lights out? Why? Where does anything dissappear? Your physical body turns into some other type of physical body.
You've already decided that your life is finite, it seems. So, your question really is "Does believing in something I don't believe make finitude easier to bear?" And the answer is No. Belief only "works" if you actually Believe, and you can't believe in something that isn't true. So, until you can prove to yourself (As some have done before) what reality is to YOU, you won't get any relief in the form of false worship.

1. Yes
2. It's all real and it's entirely unnerving when you notice.

Give you an example of an interaction I've had with God: I asked him to play a game with me. I was at my complex's pool, throwing three quarters over a rope into the deep end, then going under the rope, retrieving them, and returning on the side of the rope I started with. I was doing pretty good, so I said to him "If I make it under, get all three, and come back up on this side, I win. If I don't, you do" basically. I then experienced what a LOT of people in the Bible did. You know all those stories about armies turning around in confusion or fighting amongst themselves? Yeah it's real. I went under the rope, took two strokes towards the bottom, forgot what I was doing completely and came up on the wrong side of the rope in addition to never making it to the bottom to grab the quarters.

It's just one example but basically Jesus is God in the flesh and it's like a secret in plain sight. The book of Daniel predicts the world empires in order, Israel is a nation again with their culture intact (as prophesied), etc.

I don't think I can convince you, testimonies only go so far, but if you seek him you're gonna find him, and he's very loving and also terrifying and it's great.

The downfall of the west directly correlates with our loss of religion, instead people found other people to worship like celebrities, consumerism and political causes such as social justice.

I don’t think you have a choice, when life gets super difficult and scary chances are you pray for god’s help. Even if you aren’t a believer, you get to a point where your problems are beyond your control. Especially if you’re praying for the well being of family or friends.
No atheists in foxholes is a genuine truth, live long enough and you’ll find god somehow.

That sounds like an entirely you problem, and you obviously know nothing about Christianity. If you truly believe that humanity would immediately degrade into everybody (since it sounds like you mean EVERYBODY) murdering each other in the streets if the government collapsed, then I feel sorry for you. I hope that you one day find comfort in the world and trust in your fellow man. Not everybody is as horrible as you want them to be. Some people just want to live just and honest lives.
When did you get such a chip on your shoulder, anyway? Why does it matter how others live their lives, and why is it a problem that people find happiness, morality, and guidance within the church? I don't honestly care about your answer, but you should. Maybe that can help you sort out some of your issues in your life, whatever they may be.

Humanism is infinitely more rational and beneficial to society than religious indoctrination into belief systems created for peasants in the middle east. And no, people don't worship celebrities. Admiration is not worship. Worship is a retarded practice exclusive to religion. So fuck off with your false equivalency. Religion is receding in the west because people can tell that it's unjustifiable bullshit. We'll be colonizing the galaxy way before Christ ever returns (because he literally never will).

sorry, my post was supposed to be directed at

and not as the OP

You sound like edgy 16 year old atheist, you will grow up one day. Cultural marxism has done way more damage to our society than religion ever did

Our society will collapse before we ever hace chance to colonize space

You're clearly an uneducated faggot. When the fuck did I ever talk about cultural Marxism? I was talking about humanism, you dumb cunt.

Fuck off with your doomer bullshit. Colonizing space is literally right around the corner (metaphorically speaking). The collapse of society is a retarded meme that religious conservatives have been fapping to since the dawn of society, and guess what, it never fucking happens. Turns out making society "collapse" is really fucking hard. But you can always keep hoping, you dumb faggot.

>(((humanism)))

You are so ignorant it's hilarious, debts are skyrocketing and standards of living and wages are stagnating while uncontrolled migration is not helping and you are talking about colonizing space? Lmao
Societies have collapsed in the past multiple times, why do you think this turns out different?

I assumed you were talking about the complete collapse of western civilization. Like post-apocalyptic mad max style collapse, where there is no government. That is a dumb conservative wish fulfillment fantasy that will never happen. If you're talking about economic recessions, surely that will happen time and again. But it isn't going to stop our forward progress, no matter how much you wish it would. Absolutely we will be colonizing the solar system within the next couple centuries. That isn't just fantasy, that is based off the economic draw of the resources of the solar system.

I was thining of something like another civil war in the US. Things will turn back to normal, but not without blood being shed.

Political polarization gets more and more traction because of the media, talk radio, and social media, but that doesn't mean we are heading towards a second civil war. Just because the voices at the extremes are the loudest, doesn't mean that most people are in those extreme camps. The truth is that most people are more in the middle, and very few people are militant enough in their political beliefs to want to shed blood over them. The truth is that most Americans believe in our democracy and want to see change made in America through the democratic process. I actually think trading back the presidency between democrats and republicans every four to eight years is a great way to keep everyone somewhat sane. If someone you dislike is in office, well, at most you wait four to eight years for your team to have another shot at the office. And even if there is a second civil war (which there won't), it would never result in the collapse of western society or the destruction of our nation or the American government. People are connected now more than ever (thank you internet) and it means that we're smarter and more well informed than ever. Meaning we can find common ground and its harder to fleece people with pure propaganda (the type of propaganda you would need to turn brother against brother). Convincing Americans to take up arms against each other would be quite a feat. I don't think fox news or CNN or anyone really has that level of power or influence. And even if there was a civil war, no way it tops the 750k deaths of our first one. And even if it does top that, even a million deaths would not topple our nation. The collapse of western society just isn't going to happen (unless the super volcano erupts or some other crazy thing we have no control over).

Look, I don't actually think you're as dumb as I said earlier. If I did, I wouldn't bother to type this all out and keep engaging you.

>Political polarization gets more and more traction because of the media, talk radio, and social media, but that doesn't mean we are heading towards a second civil war.
I wish that was true, but we clearly see political violence on the rise, especially from groups like antifa.
>Just because the voices at the extremes are the loudest, doesn't mean that most people are in those extreme camps. The truth is that most people are more in the middle, and very few people are militant enough in their political beliefs to want to shed blood over them.
True, but in the upcoming years more people wil keep getting radicalized, but most normies still don't care.
>The truth is that most Americans believe in our democracy and want to see change made in America through the democratic process.
Democracy is an illusion of choice when neither of the parties really stands by the people's interests.
>I actually think trading back the presidency between democrats and republicans every four to eight years is a great way to keep everyone somewhat sane.
It doesn't work that way when the democrats keep pushing the overton window to their side.
>And even if there is a second civil war (which there won't), it would never result in the collapse of western society or the destruction of our nation or the American government.
Yeah but what if another big economic crisis happens? I was talking about wlefare state collapse to be exact.
>People are connected now more than ever and it means that we're smarter and more well informed than ever.
And yet we are more isolated and most people only use a handful of sites.
I am not sure what happens but either way, peace won't last for long.

So you're mostly concerned about our "welfare state" collapsing? What does that mean exactly? Do you expect that the government will cancel all social welfare programs, like social security, and that all of our elderly folk will be thrown out onto the streets, and that this will somehow spark a civil war? Or that all the fat cat neets living on the government dole will be cut off and then they'll chimp out and that good conservatives like you will have to defend your homestead against raving bands of degenerates? Like how do we get to a second civil war in your mind?

Clearly I can't change your mind, but I am curious to know more about this vaguely paranoid conservative point of view.

Short answer: yes it is worth it for the reasons you stated.

You have nothing to lose becoming a Christian.

>belief systems created for peasants
It was literally thenreligion of the aristocracy you uneducated swine.
>We'll be colonizing the galaxy
We will never leave the solar system

Because all the money that could go into education and progress is going into gibs for migrants and single moms. And since white men are only people with positive net worth in the US it won't last much longer with their number decreasing. The most likely outcome might be actually that they just leave somewhere else.

>Is it worth getting into Christianity if you know damn well it's bullshit
Actually you don't know that.
If you knew the basics of christianity you wouldn't say stupid shit like this.
Now begome gadolig.

Religion might be BS but it's needed to keep society in check because most people are too dumb to think for themselves

>Just go to church, user. You obviously need some guidance in life
This guy is right. As a Christian myself, I can tell you that if you go to church and try to have faith, you will have guidance in life.

It's people like you who scare people away from religion

If you need it, sure why not. But yeah it’s a dumb cult and the beliefs are laughably stupid. Just childish.

Hasn’t really updated to modern understanding of the world or ourselves, but if you want to sit there like a jackass because you need it, go for it

It was eventually adopted by aristocracy, but it started out for common people. And yes, we will leave the solar system. Voyager 1 already has, so there is a precedent. You're the one that sounds like uneducated swine.

Ok, thanks for the insight. I don't really have anything to add.

user, may I suggest you take a look at a Unitarian congregation? They're excellent for social and mental health, while being for better for aetheists and agnostics. They typically take a generalized, nonspecific approach to spiritual issues, while still providing sound guidance. I'd advise you to have a look for a group in your area, and sit in on a service.

I also agree with this user, insofar as I think that if you're set on going Christian, Unitarian Universalism is the way to go.

Euphoria

Ultimately you should reconsider if the problems with the economy begin with minorities and single mothers on welfare OR if the problems (stagnant wages and massive income inequality) begin with republican economic policies (unrestrained capitalism, disbanding unions, minimizing worker's rights, and the belief in trickle down economics and the notion that cutting taxes on the rich translates to more job creation and a rising tide raising all ships). You should also consider that if the economy is your main concern, namely income inequality and the huge disparity between the rich and the middle class, that the democrats are really the only ones that want to do anything about it. All republican economic policies revolve around cutting taxes for the wealthy, which doesn't really help regular people like us in the least (We have decades of economic data refuting trickle down economics, books like "Capital in the 21st Century" is a good place to start). But I doubt your mistrust of minorities, women, liberals, and Jews will ever allow you to drop these red pill memes.

>>Is it worth getting into Christianity if you know damn well it's bullshit and is literally a cult, for the sake of social and psychological betterment and possibly gf?
Nah bro, we're all just space dust and gonna turn back to it when we die anyway.

>I don't believe in something and I want to get a gf there
Don't do it, you dumb fuck. It's going to torture you and deeply hurt/piss off anyone you connect with if they find out you're faking it.

>Unitarians
>Christian

>It's going to torture you and deeply hurt/piss off anyone you connect with if they find out you're faking it.
Only if they're not knowledgeable about Christianity. A good Christian would be happy about you making an attempt at believing. Faith is hard, and you won't be judged for having doubts.

>A good Christian would be happy about you making an attempt at believing.
Except this guy seems to have no intention to do that.

I think about getting into Christianity heavily (I’m already a Christian but not a super religious or on Fire one) just to impress my parents. I want to fit in with them so badly but idk if I want to go to church every Sunday with them and leave my free life behind like they have... it’s a little too much for my taste but just believing in God and being saved is not enough to impress them so I don’t know.

Lol I am sure al the limousine liberals from Hollywood and Big cities care about interests of the working class

Sounds like a cult or pyramid scheme but ok

Years ago I put my name in and was visited by a pastor and his assistant. They walked me through the basic Gospel story. I was in a down point in my life so it made total sense. You do not get into Heaven by good works or being an awesome person. You get in because you believe that JC died on the cross for you personally, because you are a sinner and "all your rightousnesses are but filthy rags" in the eyes of God.
After that, you die and are born again, and go firth and sin no more, knowing God has forgiven you. My struggle was not being able to forgive myself.
If you are truly Christian you accept forgveness and live in a new way, sinning no more, forgetting the Old You.

Attached: jc rescue.jpg (736x736, 103K)

Perhaps by faking it, he will start to actually believe. Maybe by attending church, learning about the religion, all that jazz, he will find something about it that resonates with him.

No. People scare themselves off by being selfish and stupid.
It was literally practiced exclusively by the nobility and spread to the peasantry only after hundreds of years proselytization.

I attempted this for similar reasons, and it did not work for me.
I'm kinda autistic though. If you've got charisma, and you're good at following weird rules and social norms, you might be able to pull it off.

Might as well show up next Sunday and give it a go, I guess. It's free, usually? Sometimes my local place has free donuts.

go to a service
read the book
you won't get a gf with it you heathen

That is totally false. Nobody fucking cares if you believe in JC. That not how reality works dipshit