Political Correctness in Workplace

I'm interested in getting some various perspectives on this situation. Out of some probably futile attempt at anonymity, I will hold back on some details.

I've been working for a small business for 6 years now. It involves a lot of outdoor labor away from most people and has long since been a place where most of my coworkers have been granted complete openness in what we say. It makes it much easier to get through a hard, hot day if everyone's completely open with their speech, expressing their mind and just joking without filter. As one could probably intuit, as someone who browses Jow Forums, this is important to me. I grew up in a vulgar family, grew up watching vulgar television, and grew up browsing a vulgar internet. I'm never not willing to apologize, either. I do care about people and consider myself empathetic, but I also don't care for passive aggression. If no one is directly offended, I see no problem in what is said, even if it's some stupid Hitler joke. I've always been able to detach and make jokes about shit I don't believe or care about. It's always been fun to me. Most of my coworkers over the years have felt the same.

Our new "assistant manager" requests that this comes to an end. He doesn't want any potentially offensive humor or discussion made, even if it's just us who is hearing it. If it has any POTENTIAL to hurt anyone's feelings, it's bad. It's unfunny, unprofessional, and immature. He says that he's been around enough various cultures to not find it funny or interesting, and he thinks it an evil. One of our new coworkers seems to agree with him, although my older coworkers find it total, self-righteous bullshit.

Am I in the wrong here? What can I do? Should I just find a new job? I wouldn't have stayed here if I didn't like it.

Attached: maxresdefault_4.jpg (825x464, 52K)

>Am I in the wrong here?
No, obviously not. Your assistant manager is a faggot and a perfect example of O'Sullivan's Law in action.

It's hard to not call any of it out. I keep most of my political opinions to myself because I know I'm going to be villainized as soon as I express them. Hell, I don't even consider myself Republican or right wing leaning, but I feel myself close to being one. This nonsense is getting out of hand. I'm a reasonable man. I'm open to various ideas and mindsets, but this is straight intolerant.

>He says that he's been around enough various cultures
What joke, i'm a brazilian joke at burning jews and slavery everyday

>unprofessional
This is the main truth to your newfag's dilema. Ya'll have a lot of potential to have your cancer humor leak to future and current clientele that may not like it as well. Work was never supposed to be a comedy club for faggots, as far as I am assuming the genre being something in customer service. If ya'll want to suck each other off on your breaks or socialize on media with your humor, so you're minimalizing the risk of slip ups, that would obviously be better than allowing it during work hours.

>my job should be an extension of Jow Forums shitposting at all times otherwise i can't deal with life
>i'm considering quitting over my boss requesting i don't spew unfunny nigger and jew jokes at WORK
>i can't just shut the fuck up and do the job i'm getting paid for without sucking off my coworkers over how funny and edgy we are

>>I'm a reasonable man
lol keep telling yourself that

That seems like a shallow interpretation of "professional" to me. To me, being a professional means I get the job done. Competency should be the measure of professionalism.

Why is it cancerous? What is inherently undesirable about it?

This goes far beyond Jow Forums culture. I stated that I grew up in a vulgar family. My mother and father both served in the military, which is known for its vulgarity. Vulgarity is not Jow Forums specific.

And to be more descriptive, vulgarity isn't necessarily the end all be all of my content of speech. It just plays a role in it. It's also not the ONLY reason I would quit.

>I'm a reasonable man
I am, though. I'm here to discuss openly about this issue. I will not insult you or assume much about you. Explain to me why you think being open with speech and ideas is bad in this situation. Personally, I think all personality types are necessary in society. I think edgy people are necessary. They bring up necessary perspectives to consider, and there's nothing inherently wrong about it.

Don't listen to this faggot

>This goes far beyond Jow Forums culture. I stated that I grew up in a vulgar family. My mother and father both served in the military, which is known for its vulgarity. Vulgarity is not Jow Forums specific.
If you grew up in a household where every time someone says the word "the" you drop trou and shit on the floor do you consider that sufficient justification for doing it in the workplace? Seems like you have no fucking idea how the world works.

Also you specifically brought up Jow Forums.

>That seems like a shallow interpretation of "professional" to me.
>To me, being a professional means I get the job done.
>What is Conversational Irony for $100, Alex?

>Competency should be the measure of professionalism.
Correct, your competency to realize that your humor isn't acceptable by most of general society should be measured.
>Why is it cancerous? What is inherently undesirable about it?
It's, point blank, an unhealthy coping mechanism, even for like minds. And then you're all mostly enabling each other too.

>Explain to me why you think being open with speech and ideas is bad in this situation.
Sorry I forgot to answer this:

Because losing your job over not just stopping spouting your unfunny racist Jow Forums memes is fucking retarded. As are you, it seems.

If you feel you can find another job where this will be tolerated by all means go for it.

>If you grew up in a household where every time someone says the word "the" you drop trou and shit on the floor do you consider that sufficient justification for doing it in the workplace?

No because there's a biological reason for being sanitary as it comes to human waste. It prevents the spread of illness and it objectively smells bad because our bodies want to avoid it. That's a good reason for why that behavior is not condoned. All I want is good reasons that isn't based in a subjective opinion on what is good or bad as it comes to speech content.

>Seems like you have no fucking idea how the world works.
To be fair, no one really does.

>Also you specifically brought up Jow Forums.
And now I regret it because you fixated on it. It was a single, passing sentence among many other descriptions.

>>No because there's a biological reason for being sanitary as it comes to human waste.
And there's economical and HR reasons why you don't say offensive shit in a workplace.

How the fuck I'm explaining this to someone who supposedly managed to gain employment in the first place blows my mind.

>Correct, your competency to realize that your humor isn't acceptable by most of general society should be measured.

You completely warped that definition. Who defines "most of general society"? Why does it matter? Why do you think you know better what is and what isn't acceptable?

>'s, point blank, an unhealthy coping mechanism, even for like minds. And then you're all mostly enabling each other too.

Why is it unhealthy? I consider myself a very healthy person by most measurable metrics.

>I consider myself a very healthy person by most measurable metrics.
Do you realize your ability to maintain a job isn't based on what you consider yourself to be?

Holy shit you have to be a troll.

>And there's economical and HR reasons why you don't say offensive shit in a workplace.

Most of which do not apply to my specific job, yet you decided to assume the nature of it. I admit I left out details, but I am out in the middle of a field.

What blows my mind is that you have done nothing but insult and offend me yet what I say is offensive?

>Most of which do not apply to my specific job
Your higher-ups determined that they do.
So either quit or take their job and change the rules you retarded faggot.

>Do you realize your ability to maintain a job isn't based on what you consider yourself to be?

I never said it was. You're warping what I am saying. I asked you why it was unhealthy. I said why I think I'm not unhealthy.

You have yet to give me a valid reason why this unhealthy or bad other than your own subjective taste in speech.

I never expressed my subjective taste in speech you illiterate cunt lmao

All I asked for is a reasonable explanation and all you did was insult me and tell me how I should act. This is my problem here. You have no reason for WHY something is bad. You just say it's bad, call me bad, and brush it away.

Yes, I am considering changing jobs.

You're managers a pussy but I'd probably do the same if I thought a client was nearby or give you guys fair warning, I'd still want my workers to be happy though.

>All I asked for is a reasonable explanation and all you did was insult me
Nah, I did that IN ADDITION to offering you the explanation anyone with 2 braincells to rub together would come to on their own for why this shit isn't acceptable in a professional context. But you're a troll so you ignored it, of course.

There's been a few posters in this thread, so it's hard to know who is who and what has been said. Please be respectful (very ironic).

Please restate your explanation. Make it clear, without insults, and explain to me why certain speech is bad.

>And there's economical and HR reasons why you don't say offensive shit in a workplace

Again, you assumed those reasons. I am not comfortable to explain the nature of my work, but I assure you they are not valid here.

Assuming they WERE, can you explain to me why this imaginary HR department that we don't even have should have the final say in what should and shouldn't be said? Why should we as a company allow certain people to attack our company for saying certain speech? Why would it matter if we lost a single or multiple customers among many? Why is certain speech bad in the first place?

It just seems like this is all some strange, made up nonsense pushed on people to force them to act a certain way.

>they are not valid here
Your boss decided otherwise.
Accept that fact or quit idk why the fuck you're whining on Jow Forums.

>force them to act a certain way
Yeah generally when people employ other people they expect them to act in such a way that would not potentially reflect negatively on the company, especially when they're on the clock.
Did I just blow your mind?

Seriously dude are you for fucking real?

>Your boss decided otherwise.
Well, he is an assistant to the other manager, and I assure you it's not just me. There are two other coworkers and at this point are near to indispensable because of our competency. If a single one of us quit the company would be hurt hard. It's not as simple as "quitting". We have been at this company longer than he has, and he himself has a boss who is unaware of this.

I don't think I'm "whining". I'm expressing my frustration towards a valid conflict in my life.

If you had read any of my previous post, this has been the standard for most of my time at this company. If it weren't for my competency, I wouldn't have been hired year after year including this one. It's a change of management, and I do actually respect a lot of the management decisions being made. However, my bosses are very aware that they cannot just fire and get rid of us. We are an integral part of the team, and they know this. Clearly some sort of understanding and compromise has to be made or else the company will fail.

>being told to chill with the Jow Forums memes at work is
>a valid conflict in my life.

>I'm a reasonable man

Sorry I can't take you seriously lmao. Good luck

You keep simplifying things in a complex situation. It's not about "Jow Forums memes". It's not about Jow Forums memes. It's not even JUST about humor. It's about any openness of speech without fear of repercussion. As an example, I wanted to have an honest discussion about pubic hair among various male coworkers and how societal expectations for grooming in general has formed and maintained themselves. Personally, I prefer minimal grooming and I think excessive grooming is creepy and comes off as a taste in pedophilia. However, I do understand the notion that most people like a younger partner, but it's interesting that our society seemingly accepts this tendency for pedophilia while seeing it as an evil.

I think it's an interesting discussion. So do some of my coworkers, but this sort of shit just isn't allowed.

You can feign superiority all you want, but I am not one for self-hierarchy.

You unironically don't seem to grasp that your workplace, where someone is paying you to do a job to the specifications they lay out, is not a fucking open forum for you to socialize and circlejerk with your buddies and that's why I think you're either a troll or so fucking stupid you're not worth even trying to explain anything to.

Say whatever you want after work or in your group chat with your butt buddies off the clock. It has nothing to do with "SOCIETY" its fucking common sense in a professional context I sincerely don't know what to tell you any simpler than that.

Can you explain to me why this is? If the work is getting done, if no perceivable harm is done, why does it matter?

Why is it common sense? Who says this is the case? Why can't things be different? Why must I do what you think is right?

Also it HAS been this way in the past for 5 years with no noticeable harm. To also add that I have value in the company and do have a say in how operations go or else the company will fail.

Some US Army bases have rules against reporting false rape accusations to the police.

Because of that, these bases have rules against letting their officer being alone with a female soldier, just like how male teacher aren't allowed to be alone with kids

A neutral work culture (one without cliques or an expectation of a certain ideology or tolerance for immature shit like "vulgar jokes") is most ideal for attracting talent because a person of any type of sensibility or background feel comfortable and therefore you're not needlessly putting off otherwise employees who would be assets to your company.

Also as stated before, it greatly minimizes any negative impression to clients, prospective employees, the layperson walking by who sees you wearing the company's logo and saying stupid shit and goofing off and makes a subconscious mental associate with your company and shittiness, etc.

I haven't posted in this thread yet, but you're an idiot, OP. Your owner, and your manager, have a responsibility to one thing: making themselves money. This means creating an environment where both customers and employees are not lost because of dumb offensive language that doesn't need to be said.

There is NOTHING in your job that protects your ability to talk about whatever you want. You're lucky you're at a job where discussion of any type besides work duties is not forbidden. You're complaining about a non-issue, and if you want a job where your vulgarity is THAT important to you, go work in a shitty dive bar or a strip club. You have no say here, and no, getting the job done alone is not professionalism. Professionalism is how you carry yourself on the pathway to getting the job done. Just like being safe on the work site doesn't mean everyone disregarded all of the safety protocols but got lucky enough to not get injured, the ends don't justify the means here.

The company is protecting themselves, and you are most certainly not an irreplaceable asset if your best description of your job is "I work in a field."

>one without cliques or an expectation of a certain ideology or tolerance

But that's literally what you're advocating for. You are not advocating for a "neutral" culture, you are saying distinctly what cannot be said. You are the one making expectations, pushing your ideology, and being intolerant towards my way of being.

I would say it can very well do the opposite. Some people, obviously me included, find the openness to be attractive. That's why my competency has stayed at this company for 5 years, and my coworkers are the same way. We are that talent that the company wants to attract, and this is what attracts us, and surely there have been others in the past in our company who found that to be the attractive quality of the work and there will certainly be more. There's no right or wrong here.

>
Also as stated before, it greatly minimizes any negative impression to clients, prospective employees, the layperson walking by who sees you wearing the company's logo and saying stupid shit and goofing off and makes a subconscious mental associate with your company and shittiness, etc.

Again, there are many people who would find this to be an attractive quality. Our market size is rather large and we are capable of hitting a large number of consumers, and due to our business model there's no reason to have to cater to any certain people. In fact, we get more value out of having less quantity and more quality clients. Most of whom are attracted to certain personality traits.

*I* am not doing anything except explaining to you how the professional world works.

>You are the one making expectations, pushing your ideology, and being intolerant towards my way of being.
When you work for someone, this is your boss's prerogative. How the fuck do you not understand this?

You're obviously an idiot who overvalues himself.

>user's world comes crumbling down because boss says shut the fuck up about your pube trimming habits at work

this thread can't be real

>I haven't posted in this thread yet, but you're an idiot, OP.

You're off to a great start. I've always heard the best way to convince someone is to insult them first. Fantastic rhetorical skills.

>You have no say here
I do, though. There are four total employees, one assistant manager, and one manager. It's three of us that have an issue, and the company cannot afford to get rid of a single one of us.

>Professionalism is how you carry yourself on the pathway to getting the job done.
Sure, but if a certain manner of how one is carrying oneself cannot be proven to be quantifiable negative, there is no reason to see it as being bad.

>The company is protecting themselves, and you are most certainly not an irreplaceable asset if your best description of your job is "I work in a field."

Read my first post again. There is a completely different reason for my lack of a distinct job description.

And I'm saying it's a bunch of meaningless tradition that has no ACTUAL reason behind it. You say it's all common sense, and yet none of this has harmed my company for the last 5 years. I would imagine common sense would have kicked in by then, no?

>When you work for someone, this is your boss's prerogative. How the fuck do you not understand this?

That's not the point. I was explaining how you said something was desirable and that I explained you were condoning acting in such a way that is completely contrary to it. I then explained how my perspective can be helpful to the company (as it has already based off past data).

It's not obvious, especially since you have so little evidence to support your claim. It's not about how I value myself, the company really cannot lose me. If I took a week off we would get behind real quick. It would take months to completely replace me, and even then that person would need to get trained. We can hardly afford to lose a single person for a week let alone months of labor hours.

How is my world crumbling down? He didn't even comment specifically on that topic nor was it the most relevant issue. It was a mere example.

You seem to be making all sorts of simplifications and assumptions that have on relation to the actual problem at hand while imagining some ideal "professional world" that has no real proof for why things have to be a certain way.

Everyone says you're wrong but you keep insisting you're not. You're the one overreacting to a boss coming in and setting a new standard for your behavior because you're fragile and have nothing else to talk about. If you were so important, why didn't you get the assistant manager job?

You aren't the boss and therefore have no idea how this is or is not negatively affecting your company. Complain all you want, there is a new standard being set at work. I'm sure you want sympathy because you think "muh Jow Forums and muh contrarianism and fuk da SJWs," but you're just acting like a little kid who can't follow the rules.

Fact of the matter is, you're the one who has a bunch of meaningless tradition that has no ACTUAL reason behind it. You can survive a couple hour shift without being vulgar. Take the vulgarity to a bar afterwards if it's that important.

OP, these bootlickers are saying what they do mostly because of the subject. If you said you were, for example, a business owner in Belarus and you were wondering if it was wrong to fire gay employees, the bleeding hearts would be shouting "YES" in unison.

Nah, I can survive 8 hours at work without calling someone a faggot and then come home and do it to my heart's content on Jow Forums without losing my shit, unlike OP. It's called not being a fucking retard.

>Who defines "most of general society"? Why does it matter? Why do you think you know better what is and what isn't acceptable?

>Why is it unhealthy? I consider myself a very healthy person by most measurable metrics.
Therapy, now.

>Everyone says you're wrong but you keep insisting you're not.

Who is this everyone? There's only a total of 9 posters in this thread. That's far short of "everyone". Hell, the first poster in the thread did not say that I was wrong.

>You're the one overreacting to a boss coming in and setting a new standard for your behavior because you're fragile and have nothing else to talk about.

How am I overreacting? I have done nothing extreme. I've been very respectful and kind all thread. It's eveyrone else that has been ironically relying on insults to get their points across. I'm the "vulgar" one and yet I'm the only one capable of talking rationally and calmly it seems. I am willing to come to a compromise on this issue. I brought it up here to get a varied perspective.

>setting a new standard for your behavior because you're fragile and have nothing else to talk about.

I'm very willing if I can be given more reason than "it's common sense" why I should change my behavior.

> If you were so important, why didn't you get the assistant manager job?

I passed on it because I didn't need it (higher pay and certain housing) and I felt it should go to someone who needed it more.. namely someone older who needed better financial status. I actually was a candidate and had a number of people who recommended me for the job.

>You aren't the boss and therefore have no idea how this is or is not negatively affecting your company.

How would you even know this is true? There is nothing about my job that does not make me privy to any of that information. Also I have said over and over again that my position is important and irreplaceable and therefore we have to come to a compromise which I am willing to make.

>meaningless tradition

Free speech is not meaningless.

We've given you reasons but you dismiss the reasons as "not reasons." You're not very good at debate, despite thinking you are, but you sure enjoy being stubborn.

Have a good night, user.

>It's called not being a fucking retard.

Every post you have made has had an insult in it. You accuse me of vulgarity yet you're the one who has been the most vulgar person here. Clearly your idea of professionalism is a fragile facade you put. I just don't want to put on a facade even though there's nothing really to hide. I'm a calm, kind person. None of what I say is meant to be mean or insulting. I just like to detach for fun. And again, I am extremely willing to apologize. I'm very good at coming to compromise and understanding. That's all I want to do here, but I want legitimate reasons and not just "common sense" that I have to bow down to or else I'm insulted.

I wasn't talking to you, shithead.

You were talking about me.

By all means keep talking about your dick and pubes at work and when your company completely goes under because you, their star worker and lynchpin decided to quit over it you can come back and gloat about how right you were.

Until then, fuck off retard.

I either explained how the reasons weren't relevant or that they were usually under a "common sense" assumption with on real data or empirical evidence. I never even said I was good at debate. Again, the assumptions. Hell, I don't even think we are debating.

Wanna guess how I know you've never worked outside and done manual labor a day in your life?

Again, the simplifications. I never said any certain topic was of importance. It's a general concept of openness with no specific example that is descriptive of the whole. There's no reason to believe the company will go under. I never said I was the "star worker and lynchpin" and never described anything as such. I only described the situation at hand which any one of my coworkers would agree is a necessity of each of our labor hours. You keep assuming things that aren't even there. I have no intention of quitting. Again, I have every intention to find compromise with my assistant manager.

Attached: 1536798525091.jpg (720x540, 33K)

The great thing is they don't understand most people in this sort of industry are vulgar as fuck.

>I don't even think we are debating.
No, buddy, this is not a debate on what society is like. You are so far disconnected from it that you don't desire to uphold a real professional standard that involves 100% customers service based empathy.

I guess because I actually went to college and have shit better to look forward in my workday than talking about my pubes with other smelly faggots?

There is no real data or empirical evidence, and if you think we're going to be able to point you to a peer reviewed double blind study about being an asshole at the workplace, I really don't know what you expect out of life. Show me the empirical evidence or real data that vulgarity and racism at work makes your company more successful.

There we have it. It's the whole crux. This has nothing to do with right or wrong. This is all just a made up sense of superiority.

Here's where we determine once and for all that OP is a smoothbrained and full of shit:

OP, consider the scenario where you are the boss of a company and have a vested interest in it's utmost success and profitability. Which of these situations is most ideal?

a) some employees are uncomfortable with a work environment due to vulgar language and conduct
b) no employees are uncomfortable with the work environment due to vulgar language and conduct

Choose.

I only think I'm superior to you because my frontal lobe functions to the degree that I can understand basic concepts like workplace dynamics and yours can't.

That's kind of the point. Nobody here arguing against this sort of behavior has actually had to do anything requiring real physical effort in their entire lives.

And nobody arguing otherwise has had to do anything requiring management of personnel or a company in their entire lives.

B is the actual situation. The assistant manager said that he himself has no problem with the environment or conduct. He even described a situation where he himself had been inappropriate. It's the potential that someone MAY that doesn't even exist. That's part of my point.

>I only think I'm superior to you because my frontal lobe functions to the degree that I can understand basic concepts like workplace dynamics and yours can't.

No it's that you assumed the situation and have not tried to ASK me questions on the mater. I could only have made the OP as long as I could. I figured people wanting details would ask for them, but of course people like you just assumed them.

Woe is you, poor lower class field worker. Am I supposed to applaud you for it? I'll guarantee I can transition into a job digging ditches in a field a lot faster than you can manage a multimillion dollar marketing budget.

And here we have a perfect example of somebody with no understanding of workplace dynamics as it relates to physical labor. Notice the attack on OPs intelligence and the superiority complex? He's better cause he doesn't work with his hands. After working office jobs coming from physical labor, these people are just as normal and far more petty than anybody I've worked physical jobs with. Pure hypocrites.

All I said is that I have better shit to do at my job than compare my pube grooming habits with my other homo coworkers.

Where did I say I don't work with my hands or do physical labor? Strawmanning faggot lmao

OP here.

I actually have a degree in mathematics/physics. I did not pursue a career in the field because it's all a bunch of narcissistic faggots who think they're better than everyone else.

Yes they have. That's also the point. Ops new AM is somebody who thinks they know better, but in reality he's AM for this company for a reason. Cause he couldn't hack it where he was originally.

The topic is on grooming habits of potential partners, not my personal grooming habits. Thanks for continuing to push a point that was used as a non-important example.

And everyone under him can be assumed to be even more incompotent and worthless than he is.
e.g. OP, or he would have that job. or fuck, be the CEO
that's how shit works

Nice avoidance hypocrite.

I have said nothing hypocritical.

Or, y'know, he got a promotion at another company, like plenty of people do after they've built up experience with a logjam at the top.

I have described previously in the thread that I passed on the promotion because I actually felt bad for the people who were in the running with me. I thought they would need it more than I do while I was content with my current job.

>I have described previously in the thread that I passed on the promotion
nobody fucking believes you dude.

No it isnt. It works by kissing ass. I've worked for very incompetent team managers who do everything they can to justify their employment while having no actual ability. It's funny watching those fatasses flounder. And depressing that they still have a job

God bless OP, patron saint of Hitler jokes, pube conversations, and passive racism.

The people who told me to apply for the position and recommended do. Of course you don't believe with me. You've been spending hours trying to insult me.

Nobody cares if you don't believe him. That's the point of using Jow Forums

OP works in a FUCKING FIELD.
It's safe to assume anyone is fucking expendable and doing the bare minimum to keep their low-skill job.

I'm really pretty too.

Because I love my job and I love my life. I enjoy going to work and I like the work day. I only want to continue what I'm doing in the manner I am doing it because it brings me joy.

>I enjoy going to work and I like the work day.
Dude. Sit at home on reddit and debate other pube connoisseurs while you stream Fortnite or something then. Seems way more your speed than having an actual job.

But I like being outdoors and working a job that produces literal fruits of labor.

are you saying that business clientele will actually leave a good deal over humor? I only imagine some groups doing that if you insult specific things but hardly anyone will leave over a decent joke.

Actually I've been insulting you, that's another poster who also thinks you're ridiculous. I think there's like 5-6 of us in here, actually.

Obviously you don't love your life all that much, because you're considering changing jobs because you can't be offensive.

You remind me of one of those people who are always like "I just tell it how it is" when in actuality, most of the people around you know you're kinda just a jackass. Maybe you have some redeeming qualities, I don't know you, but your dedication to how important it is to say shitty things when it makes your boss uncomfortable is pretty fascinating.

>Never worked in a field
Office people do the same low effort bullshit as everybody else. You fucks can't hide it here. I've worked both sides.

Invest in a gopro then. Apparently shooting the shit with other dipshits is more of the draw than your actual job or you wouldn't have even made this thread.

Here's my opinion: I, like you, grew up on vulgar internet including Jow Forums and newgrounds and now I am in my mid 20s.

I work in a University so I have a lot of progressive type people I work with and a few people like you.

You have a different work environment, I get that but consider this: making jokes about Hitler or jews or whatever just are not funny once you begin to understand that although SJWs have pretty much the right opinion on people: all people deserve respect and are for their identity whether they are black, fat, gay, Jew, trans, whatever.

They are all people, in other words and its not really okay to purposefully try to offend them. You can make fun of people's actions if they are stupid, but it's honestly pretty lame to make fun of groups being persecuted.

You may call me bluepilled... But this is actually a red pill.

>Oh noes his feels are hurt. We should all immediately stop talking cause the new boss can't take it.

Are you too dense to realize, especially in today's climate, that yes, they will indeed leave? Agree with it or not, as a business owner, it is in your best interest to have your employees to be as bland and by the book as possible, unless your business is rooted in something that is edgy by design.

>SJWs have pretty much the right opinion on people
stopped reading there
blow it out your ass.

Professional is not just getting the job done, it's the quality of work, how the job is done, how you conduct yourself and how you interact with others.

If OP didn't insist that "no one" was offended when in fact a new member of the staff is, I wouldn't give a shit. But someone's offended. What is the owner supposed to do? Fire his new assistant manager and put out a new job description for someone who isn't offended by racism or vulgarity? Especially when the golden boy OP "doesn't want" the job?

It doesn't work that way.

>Obviously you don't love your life all that much, because you're considering changing jobs because you can't be offensive.

You can love your life and still encounter conflict. Of course everything is not going to be sunshine and rainbows.

Most of the people around me actually agree with me on this, so I don't know what to tell you.

It probably will come to an amicable conclusion. I do actually respect my bosses and they respect us. You're the only one who has been making up all the bullshit and making it out to be this or that. I just wanted to discuss.

I mean I'm sitting in bed with my laptop while sick as shit. I wasn't going to do anything today anyway.

As somebody who's worked in a car shop, you are dead wrong. Come back when somebody with sleeves and knows more about the incidentals of using the word fuck in a sentence isn't working on your car.

Thanks for being kind, user. I don't necessarily agree with you, but you have to understand that I never am TRYING to offend someone. I also never want to hurt anyone. If anyone did feel hurt, I would dutifully apologize. I just don't believe in putting on filters when they aren't necessary.

My mechanic is an old country guy in his 50's, very polite and doesn't curse.