Stealing summertime joy months

Every year they take more and more time from summer freedom.

They want to turn us into China.

Attached: b3cfe43da7b2ee156fb08116a33238fc.jpg (350x280, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00588/full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They aren't stealing shit from me. Got me some summer time beer, charcoal heating up with some T-Bone steaks, and angus beef dogs.

Attached: 1121410.jpg (500x500, 62K)

fucking degenerates.

leinenl'ugel's

What are your opinions on year around schooling?

Why do we even live just to spend 80% of our days working for something that doesn't bring us anything?

It used to be when you worked, you would get fresh crops out of the ground or built a house by your own hands. Now you just get some numbers you can spend on some goy fructose syrup certified meals.

Year-round schooling is much better at providing children with a quality education. The whole point of taking the whole summer off was for agricultural work, very few children are involved in that anymore. It makes more sense to have more, but less length, breaks than it does to give kids like three months to forget everything they learned last year and then spend the first few months just doing a refresher course.

Not that it matters. Public education is a fucking joke either way.

I'd prefer year around school with later starting periods. Early AM classes have been shown to decrease learning and productivity in children and teens.

I tried gardening. It's really freaking hard to do. Everything kept dying.

Do you have the stats on that? In my experience kids are more productive prior to lunch.

People used to be free.

Attached: c4946ab412d8d484c4c8b6a1ab84f3a5.jpg (640x960, 119K)

Lolwut? What the fuck are you trying to grow? Most staple crops are staples for a reason, they're easy as fuck to grow, it just requires work. No shit if you're a lazy piece of shit that doesn't want to go out and hoe and weed every day, your plants will get choked up with weeds and die. But beyond that, plants have an incredibly simple formula:

Soil+Nutrients+Water+Sun = Food

Unless you're talking about growing roses or decorative gardening, in which case I don't know much about that.

>It's really freaking hard

Attached: iuPFI5WEL0.jpg (600x199, 19K)

That might be true, but what I read was the time the students had to get up for class was the main factor. I'll look and see if I can find it in a bit.

What's your point? You're perfectly free to not go to school if you don't want to, your parents can homeschool you. But if you enroll in an education system, there's no reason you should be taking months off at a time. We used to do that shit because children had to help the family with work on the farm in the summer months. There's probably less than 0.1% of the population that still does that anymore, so it's pointless to continue the practice.

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00588/full

Might not be the same study but I gauge the results are going to be the same across the board.

I think it's my soil. It's really dusty. Then animals would get it. It took fifty years just to get a few tomatoes. The sun was too harsh and would dry it up. Then ants would get into it. It was bloody awful. And the vegetables were tiny. I don't have a lot of acres either. Sometimes I'd plant a seed and water every day and nothing would come the fuck out of the ground. I tried pinapple. The plant grows without fruit. For years.

This is true but a school in an Ethno state is ultimately better.

Where are you located? If the soil is dusty, it's because you either have sandy soil (in which case you can either just grow crops that work well in sandy soils or you can go through a several year long process of fertilizing it), or you've got a problem with soil erosion. If it's the latter, you need to be careful about how much soil you're exposing to the elements. Plant trees and grasses to help cut down on erosion. Those lines of trees you often see in farmers' fields aren't there for decoration or to separate properties, they're there to prevent the soil being blown away and lost.

That makes more sense. Students who get up too early are groggy. They purposely want less energetic kids in public school for easier behavior so I don't see them changing that any time soon.

There are a lot of things you learn in three months when not tied to a desk. It gives you time to explore nature, to conduct long experiments, to get your strength up swimming in the creek, you can fish and play with friends...it gives you time to develop real relationships. You're not under the thumb of a teacher. You're free to explore.

Kids in seventh grade aren't spending their 3 months off in the summer mounting an expedition to Kilimanjaro or something. You don't need three months off to go skip stones at the creek, or go fishing with your dad every now and again.

As I said, education is better off when students are simply given more frequent breaks that don't last as long. Instead of taking a solid three months off in a row and forgetting everything, you give students a week or two off every month or so. Schools that do this end up with the same amount of vacation days as the usual system, but it's spaced out more evenly and their students perform better as a result.

>yes goy, let us raise your kids for you full-time

This dude's a TV commercial.

why is that dude on his cellphone when he has such a hot chick on the blanket with him? Faggot.

As I said, public education is a fucking joke anyways. Don't send your kids to public schools if you actually give a shit about them. There are plenty of private schools that operate on the model of evenly spacing out vacation days instead of having the entire summer off. Their test scores, grades, etc. speak for the efficiency of that system.

Florida. The soil is burnt and mostly Oak trees, palmettos, and cactus naturally grows out of it.
My big issue is how hard you work for very little fruit. It takes forever. And Sometimes nothing comes out of the ground.

Attached: download (2).jpg (301x169, 8K)

Imagine being so lame that you want to take summer vacation away from kids lmfao

I love white genocide

dunno anything about that. but American workers are fucked by management, wrt the amount of holidays they get. It's abysmal. Compare with European workers, who are just as productive.

t. economic conservative.

Attached: download (3).jpg (474x352, 40K)

>just as productive
Doubt that

Ah, Florida. Well I was lucky enough to be born in the extremely fertile Ohio River Valley, so I don't have too much experience with sandy soils (lots of clay in the soil up here though).

I'll give you a few pointers though:
1) Fertilize the soil. You'll need to spend a few seasons just getting it ready to grow anything in it. A good way to kickstart this is to till the area you plan on planting in, then cover it with grass clippings. Place a large black tarp over it and let it ferment and compost for a few weeks. Every couple weeks, remove the tarp to plow the composted grass into the soil. Then till it again, and repeat. It'll smell like the Devil's asshole, but it'll help get the soil to the consistency you need. You should also be adding in fish you've caught, maybe some food scraps, basically anything organic to put nutrients into the soil.
2) Shade my man, shade. If you're able to, try to rig some kind of shade netting over the area. This will usually just be a few sticks with some black mesh over it, it provides just enough shade for the plants to be protected from scorching rays while allowing them enough UV light to photosynthesize. You frequently see these shade nets used with tobacco, coffee, flowers, etc.
3) As I said before, make sure you plant some kind of hedges, tall grasses, or small trees around the perimeter of the garden. This will help prevent wind from eroding your soil.

And of course, learn about crop rotation. You can't plant corn 5 years in a row in the same spot. Corn uses more of certain nutrients than, say, tomatoes. You can only grow a certain crop for a season or two before you need to replace that area with something else for a while until that particular nutrient has time to recover.

Never said I wanted to, I said it's better for a child's education to space that three months worth of vacation out across the year instead of doing it in one lump sum. And as I also said, it doesn't matter. Public education fucking sucks, if you send your kid to it he'll be retarded either way when he's finished.

summertime is for niggers. Fuck this hot ass weather, fuck humidity, and fuck insects. Fuck any weather that isn't twenty below and snowing with every living thing either dead or underground.

Thanks. I've been checking the University of Florida website for crop rotation. They're supposed to be the best at agriculture.

This. So glad I live in the UP, even the middle of July and August rarely gets above 65

Maybe there is a compromise somewhere. Personally for the longest time, I've proposed that public schools only need children for 4 days a week. That way they still get "free" education but the state isn't raising the kids. I suspect in ghetto areas, crime will rise but in the suburbs kids will have more freedom. Teens can also have more time to earn money at local jobs. Maybe they could just do an hour in the morning so they don't forget everything over the summer.

Attached: 3725b2e015b7233d01d3f1d5b2043eb6.jpg (236x311, 35K)

>summer
>agricultural work
I'm guessing you've never done a lick of manual labor in your life? The real work is done in the fall and spring. The o KY reason why school had off in the summer was because it was too damn hot. But with air conditioning this doesn't matter anymore.

build planter boxes and fill it with compost, manure and the dead Florida sand.