How would a war with Iran play out?

A friend of mine thinks the U.S. will take the coast. Advancement into the mountainous region will be easier once the U. S. have the ability to bomb their roads from the coast thus severing their supplies. He basically thinks the U. S. will win.

What does pol think?

Attached: _20190114_132438.jpg (1266x1660, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-26939754
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_United_States_embassy_annex_bombing_in_Beirut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre_headquarters_bombings
youtu.be/s65154ZJP0c?t=143
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope to fuck they nuke Israel

We win in a few months -> region destabilizes -> Europe opens its asshole to the millions of refugees

You Israelis are gonna die. Bibi is a stupid fucking Neanderthal isn’t he? Stupid inbred faggot doesn’t realize USA won’t be going to war with Iran.

fpbp.
Yes, to win the war, we must nuke Israel

I want Iran to win but he kind of convinced me it might not be happening

This sounds a lot like a Europe problem desu senpai.

>something happens
>Iran, Hezbollah and Syria launch every they've ever had since 1990 at Israel
>Egypt and Jordan don't want to be left out and they all invade Israel and retake Jerusalem within a week before the US is able to respond
>suddenly the Jews lose control over the US now that the head of ZOG has been crushed
>Americans are in control of their government for the first time since before Kennedy got shot
>pogroms, pogroms everywhere.
>Every Israeli war criminal and Jewish neocon is hunted down as if they were Eichmann

It'll be beautiful.

This.

Rolling thunder, just like Baghdad. We’d hit every major target before they could get off their carpets, and then send in the marines to mop up resistance.

It will be an even bigger disaster than the war in Iraq.And that didn’t go very well.If you want to see what mountain warfare in that region looks like,look no further than Yemen where the Saudi’s are getting their ass handed to them by the Houthi rebels.
Iran is three times the size of Iraq and the US will need at least 500,000 troops just to launch an invasion(via the sea) and try and capture the major towns and cities.

It will be a fast war, most Iranians are basically liberal retards who'd rather get liberated by the Americans than living under their islamic dictatorship.

A bit like US Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz saying before the Iraq War “The Iraqi people will welcome us in the streets with flowers and candy”

Three days to a week to take out a of Iran's military infrastructure. Many years to grind the rest of the resistance out.

Look at Iraq. Took 48 hours to crush the conventional military. No one Arab nation will fair any better.

>Iran is Iraq

Attached: +_8167cc179ef6c3c9ba84c19dc5bb4fd6.jpg (682x900, 176K)

Iran actually has a fighting chance of doing some major damage in a war against America. Look up Millennium Challenge 2002 to see how this could play out.

KIKE ALERT KIKE ALERT WEEOOO WEEEOOOO

Attached: 1546208090238.gif (300x200, 2.41M)

I hope israel nukes them

Iran has thousands of missiles stockpiled, and one of the top air defense systems in the world. As well as alliance with Russia

If you want to hear a good analysis about the possible ways the war with Iran could go, i recommend listen to this podcast by Warnerd. The guy is a legend and studies wars for decades, pretty redpilled on many issues. He gives a clear picture of how war with Iran could turn out (start from 15 minute 20 second)
patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-26939754

Attached: 39171587.jpg (428x303, 63K)

You are have to keep in mind it’s not only the invasion to worry about but also the resulting insurgency that will follow.Iran shares large borders with Turkmenistan,Afghanistan and Pakistan who will no doubt send Islamic fighters across the borders to fight the US occupying troops.Dont think the US has that type of manpower to occupy a country as big as Iran and fight an insurgency at the same time.Unless,Trump reintroduces the draft at some stage which will be deeply unpopular with the American public.

Russia will not help Iran, they can actually held fine by themselves. They hold UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia capital hostages, just like North Korea holds Seoul capital of South Korea hostage.
Imagin Burj Khalifa getting hit with a few rockets - no one wants that. And Iran has a lot of antiship rockets, drones, crafts, torpedoes. USA wouldn't be able to hold long in Persian gulf, its a very narrow place.

>We’d hit every major target
And what are those? Do you even know? Some of them in the deep of the country, where you need to fly looong way and they are in the mountains. And after you attack Iran, Iran can hit back and just send Scud rocket types against American bases in the region.

>we win in a few months
Like you did in iraq and afganistan right? Oh wait that didn't go exactly according to plan hmm. Well what kind of opposition did you guys meet in both those countries? Sadam had some tanks, sure. Pretty tough those old cold war era tanks. What about the other country? Farmers! Right, don't underestimate those pesky farmers. What about Iran, what do they have? Aw shit they actually have an army. Doesn't look good for you burgers.

Okay I'm checking it out

Attached: 5DD1EF23-745A-4954-A703-4EF4CC52B54C.png (500x300, 75K)

The Iranian's launch all their missiles at the Gulf, destroy half the worlds oil. They rain hundreds of missiles on Israel.

Attached: Iranianmissiles.jpg (900x584, 112K)

Nobody actually gives a fuck about Dubai bruh

And what do you think Iranian resistance will be once the Ayatollahs start spreading the rumor that their arch nemesis Saudi Arabia has troops fighting alongside the Americans on Iranian soil?

It would be a multi point invasion they would probably take the coast just to control the straight. Obviously it would start with air and missile strikes on strategic guided by special forces and intelligence. Then the land invasion of combined arms. I'm not sure how it would exactly go down but it would be swift and the Iranian military wouldn't be able to withstand it. If the brass actually learned from Iraq and do not disband the defeated military or destabilize the country it would be very beneficial to the west. It would be beneficial even if the country is destabilized so either way works.

Nah, dude. 2020 expo is big money, lots of investment already injected. Banks will burn across the world

what if they have nukes already?

>just invade them bro

Attached: 1024px-Iran_topo_en.jpg (1024x944, 328K)

That is if they are not destroyed by the air strikes they dont see coming.

>those mountains all around Tehran
maybe they think M1A1 tanks will just teleport into their capital

Attached: 1558104770407.jpg (251x201, 12K)

Can someone give me a quick rundown why America feels threatened by Iran? I mean they don't have any missiles on Cuba anything

>That is if they are not destroyed by the air strikes they dont see coming.

Many of their missile bases are underground.
They supposedly have thousands of missiles.
Even if they launch 10% of them we're still gonna have problems.

Attached: iranians.jpg (2500x3073, 967K)

Hows the 25k refugees per year going on? Because I sure as hell don't like living next to one. They are christian syrians but are still obnoxiously loud, dirty and a pain in the ass.

You can't just roll over Iran like you did Iraq and Libya.
They have a well trained and well equipped military who knows the mountainous terrain extremely well, they have S-400 AA batteries, and installations hidden all over the mountains.

Americans BTFO

>yemen
>not afghanistan
Nigga the US has been in afghanistan for the past 2 decades and most people still don't know why they started that war, why they are still there nor what the fuck they have achieved there in the past 20 years. Yemen is mostly due to saudi incompetence.

We captured Baghdad in 23 days so yeah I think we did well, we aren’t as good at nation building

>radars don't exist
Iranians have OTH radars that can detect stealth just as easily as any other aircrafts. Whether they can shoot them down or not is another story, but they will definitely see you coming, thousands of miles away.

Americans just afraid to pull out from Afghan because this would be compared to Soviet pull-out which American media themselves hyped as the hyper-failure. The comparison would be obvious - Taliban not defeated, government not stable, could fall down, no goals achieved, 10 years for nothing

Which is just afganistan 2.0. We have had over a decade of experience in mountain combat and taking Iran would be strategic for us in the region.

good luck finding these

Attached: duane-kemp-iranmissilesilo-dk2445-2017-scene-04-dk-dof.jpg (1920x1920, 790K)

>taking Iran
How would taking Iran look like? How many troops do you need to occupy 80 million coutnry of shia muslims? How would those occupation troops get there and be supported? How much would it cost?

fpbp

We wont pull out of afgan because long term occupation is the goal. Itll take generations to make them a westernized ally and having a permanent presence of troops in the region is also advantageous.

>not landlocked
>has an actual military
>more populated
>has allies and influence in the region
>Afghanistan 2.0

>What are cargo planes?

Attached: 1556852309013.jpg (600x800, 80K)

>good luck finding these

Basically. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be ugly.
They should probably back off and re-engage once the US isn't dependent on oil.

The goal is to keep Afghanistan from falling into Chinese hands.

The USA will bomb all of your important infrastructure and leadership into rubble and then use drones for more precise targets. Then we will put boots on the ground and take it city by city with advanced war machines that Iran has no idea exists. It will take 21 days until we sack Tehran
Basically
>you're fucked

Well, who is going to capture airport where they supposed to land? Just destroiyng the airstrip could hault everything

Then the real problems start.

I don't believe Americans would have the strength my Soviets had. On the very last tank that was leaving Afghanistan was the Russian general holding the flag of the Soviet Union.
Compare that to the Americans leaving Iraq

Attached: RIAN_archive_58833_Withdrawal_of_Soviet_troops_from_Afghanistan.jpg (749x1024, 396K)

What a beautiful dream. Stay golden pony boy

wow, genious. 5D chess right here, you need to work for Trump administration hahahhaa

Saudi Arabia gets nuked in response.

Oil spikes to $200, world economy collapses. Cant wait. :)

Or the real jewing

How are they going to make Saudis when we bring down their electric grid?

USA has GIANT reserves and can sustain itself with it's own crude for decades

Can't wait to breed Irani waifu while my sister gets bred by Irani bull.

I hate Europe sometimes :(

Still a net importer.

You sound so jealous

Fuck if I know it’s almost as if Bolton spun a wheel and it landed on Iran

Fuck off boomer

We do know half the American Anons(even some Canadians) on here will be drafted in the military.They will be able to tell us how easy the fight was.

LOL I hope we go to war so I can watch the HD footage from home.
>mfw medically unfit to serve

Attached: 431F6D27-1CF4-4464-BB3F-DEDCFBC64C54.jpg (249x249, 16K)

Americans could find some low key Taliban leader, make a big show out of blowing him up from the drone and claim that their mission acomplishied, repeat it many many times until they themselves believe it and withdraw on hype/

>How would those occupation troops get there and be supported?
Saudi Arabia would be our biggest supporter. So a build up in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq would be one path of invasion, Pakistan like the Afghan invasion would probably begrudgingly allow us to use their country, afganistan would be a point of access as well. Turkey has regional power to gain from the fall of Iran so that would also be a point of access. The Arabian sea would also be a point of access and all of these places would allow our air power to access the region.

>Advancement into the mountainous region will be easier

PFFFFFFFFFFT HAAAHHAHAHAH

first of all, you'd be going into this one completely alone, not even saudi arabia and israel would join in, saudi arabia can't even fight the houthis, israel would be pissing their pants against hezbollah and assad, you're in clear violation of international law against iran, europe can save face, they don't need to contribute towards their next immigrant crisis

second of all, every country in the world would use this opportunity to turn against the U.S., you think you can get away with this shit? renounce an international treaty, be in complete violation of international law, apply sanctions so they don't have access to us dollars, they don't have acess to us dollars so they can't export their residual uranium/heavy water stockpiles from their legal nuclear activities back into the international nuclear market, they inevitably violate these thresholds, you basically forced the country to violate the treaty, declare their revolutionary guard as terrorist country, because the congress didn't authorize action against iranian military but did so against iranian terrorists, do you think you can keep getting away with this shit? same EXACT thing happened with north korea in the 90's when republicans took the majority in congress after 2 years into clinton's presidency, look what that has lead to, the world is wising up to your shit... you'll know the meaning of overextension, russia, turkey and china will covertly rack up support for us enemies worldwide and Iran, your troops in iraq, pakistan and afghanistan will basically get obliterated instantly, NK will land an icbm test just besides LA just to show it can...

third of all, you'd risk losing your entire navy in the gulf of oman due to mass suicide motorboat/submarine attacks, in the land you'd be stuck in vietnam levels of quagmire with guerrilla mountain warfare, you think afghanistan was bad? iran would be 10x worse

if there were a land invasion, the only conceivable way would be through that small patch of plains adjacent to the gulf

Dude, Saudi Arabia would be target of Iran strikes first. Iran could blow up Saudi Arabia oil fields and refinery, block their oil shipments by attacking tankers and puting mines in strait of Hormuz, they would be toast very fast. They don't even have rivers, they use desalination plants to produce water - if those get hit by rockets from Iran - and you can see ranges here Saudi Arabia would be fucked. They can't even win in Yemen, against Houthis, they are fucking cannon fodder that will just be crying all day on ruins.
>Pakistan like the Afghan invasion would probably begrudgingly allow us to use their country
Lol, no, Pakistan doesn't want any of that shit, they are ok with stable Iran, they don't want Iran to turn into a mess where terrorists would breed like rats, like you did with Iraq. Also, Pakistan alligned with China already.
you fucked up ties with Turkey too, gosh.

I said it would be easier once the roads are bomber not that it is going to be easy retard

Lets face it, the US is afraid of using their military. Its meant for an expensive show nowadays.

>M-my fellow marines have my back right?

Attached: 1554980703898.jpg (645x900, 59K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_United_States_embassy_annex_bombing_in_Beirut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre_headquarters_bombings

and then americucks withdrawing after realizing they're not fighting a buncha dumb cave dwelling hajis

You’re looking at 500,000-1,000,000 troops for such a large scale endeavor.That hasn’t been done since WW2.Trump won’t be able to convince the American public to buy into another Middle-East war.

HD footage of zog puppets getting sniped Fallujah style?

Attached: 1530292935025.png (547x433, 24K)

>Trump won’t be able to convince the American public to buy into another Middle-East war.

They could GulfofTonkin it

1. Based shah nationalizes oil;
2. Corrupt US and UK orchestrate his deposition;
3. His corrupt son reigns as shah;
4. Country gets fed up;
5. Revolution;
6. Revolutionaires don't like the west for obvious reasons;
7. US think tanks afraid this might be some type of Russian Revolution except for the islamic world aka "the green menace";
8. Containment policy starts;
9. Containment policy remains to this day.

fpbp

Jews run America. Iran threatens Israel. That's all there is to it.

>Which is just afganistan 2.0.
ŝo you mean you'll get a record of bodybags sent back home and will end up negotiating with the iranians for you to go home while that reverse all of your gains?

youtu.be/s65154ZJP0c?t=143

same

>not landlocked
Which is advantageous for the US
>has an actual military
So did Iraq, the US has shown it struggles with insurgencies but not with conventional wars.
>more populated
But less prone to insurgency
>has allies and influence in the region
Also has enemies in the region and those who would benefit the from its loss of regional influence
>Afghanistan 2.0
Yes a mountainous war in the same region, connecting countries and similar cultural fighters.

Actually the U.S. will react in an unconventional way. They will simply launch a massive attack on the holy city of Qom, and let them know we will nuke every major city unless they stop.

> toothepaste lost to indonesians

You have a decade of experience of getting the shit pushed up your own ass. At the height of your success in Afghanistan you managed to hold the road between Kabul and Kandahar, you can't even do that now.

An occupation of Iran would be unfortunate but I don't see that it's necessary. Just sink their navy, knock out their aircraft and seize their islands (full of oil) in the Gulf. Done. Let their proxy war with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf emirs do the rest of the work.

Attached: F-35 Lightning II.jpg (1200x749, 117K)

Any incursion into Iran spikes oil to $160 a barrel / $6 a gallon and Drops the stock market 40%

>you tell me how that plays with Trumps "base" kike

Attached: 57bf251ebe1eb.png (1025x891, 960K)

Why does anyone think a war with Iran would involve an invasion? It would be an air/naval war, we'd all launch our missiles at each other, our aircraft would maintain dominance, and we'd eventually destroy their ability to transport oil

Look at this map. Abadan, Ahvaz, Dezful, all flat terrain, all easily taken, and where a good portion of Iran's oil is at. We just hold it like we're grabbing their balls and they will squawk like a parrot.

Attached: 1554152476005.jpg (240x240, 27K)

Comparison with Iraq invalid, Iraq were sunni, Iran is shia. Iran is more patriotic, people have no reason to see US as liberators, they will fight.
>less prone to insurgency
Lol, no. Hezbollah and IRGC have enough expirience from Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

It's very unlikely there will be war. America has created a balance of power between Sunni and Shiite powers, which spends billions on weapons and removes the focus and united hatred of Israel. Ultimately, there will be peace.

Seems like they learned from their mistakes. The iranians are now the one infiltrating in your power grids, not the other way around.

US would have to resort to using their black budget tech or nukes to actually carve out any kind of 'win'. And then it's going to make the war even more unpopular, it could possibly spark off internal tensions in the US and Iran would be using their agents and sleeper cells to cause chaos in America too. War has changed and Iran has had years to prepare for this. America is no longer viewed as invincible like it was in the 90s, this wouldn't be anything like Iraq.