Npc breaks conditioning

Any other examples of this?

Attached: 1B9FF3CB-F7E0-49FD-8D62-E3DEAA26CB21.jpg (931x486, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech
vocaroo.com/i/s0mGotj8zasj
youtube.com/watch?v=DcM9FAidG-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wtf an inner monologue is not a skill that should just be an innate ability.

At least this one woke up. Most don't.

>NPSc have no perception of things outside their immediate area and reality "loads" like some video game

fuckin LMAO

Attached: 1381781796004.gif (298x224, 2.85M)

People without inner monologue are the majority, not the minority. If you have one, it's inconceivable, but you'll never be able to not notice the lack of it in others ever again.

Is it even possible to possess empathy without it?

no. most people are comfortable and well fed sociopaths. the second it ends mass killing begins.

I'm still not sure if this post was an elaborate troll

Of course. Even animals like elephants and dolphins are capable of empathy.

wait, you mean most people dont think?
on one hand thats incredibly disturbing
on the other hand it explains so much

I thought this was all a meme.
Why the fuck are these memes becoming real.
Why is Jow Forums never wrong?

Attached: 2681EB3A-5ECB-4BBA-BFD0-4EE4ACB9D9E6.jpg (1125x594, 361K)

>thinks it’s a meme
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

Are you honestly suggesting that most Americans dont have an inner voice? No wonder you fat fucks are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

>have soul
>try to learn thai
>error.exe

try it, I dare you. even a single letter of their alphabet.

>People without inner monologue are the majority
Completely false.
Go actually look at the study.
Nearly everyone has an inner monologue.

It means most people don't think in verbal forms of thought, but other forms that are either below or above verbal thought.

you might be onto something

Literally has nothing to do with OP's pic

I actually envy that. I try so much to turn off the constant chatter. I can't just eat a fucking bag of crisps in peace. I have to start thinking about how dirty the factory is, the poor people that work there and other flavors they should try. It's fucking tiring.

NPC was never a meme. It was a diagnosis.

You sound like a prime candidate for meditation.

there was another reddit thread where people were saying they didnt visually picture things in their minds when they read or thought.

This is true.
>learning Latin and Greek pretty competently
>tried learning Lao because of this Buddhist New Years festival near me
>couldn’t grasp a word

I think many of us forgot that NPC is a reality, not merely a meme.

Bicameral mind.

> reality loads like a video game

HAHAHAHAHA that makes sense

Asians dont have souls, and the very rare ones that do are shunned and exiled for having a soul.

>People without inner monologue are the majority, not the minority.
nah that cant be true nah.

threads like this just exists for pol snowflakes to pat their own backs for having a "soul"

This kinda sounds like the mind blindness that autistic people have.

Attached: 87FCDA28-0610-44C9-9519-C076ED520E93.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

How can you even learn without visualising the content in your mind? Would be interesting to see how they fare academically.

So that's why they hate kids, they used t oget pwnt at peek-a-boo as babies

>People without inner monologue are the majori
So majority of people don't self-reflect or even talk themselves when alone? What the fuck are you on about?

>pol

Attached: awdasdw.jpg (670x472, 80K)

can't do it

this poor soul descended out of nirvana and thinks it's a good thing

Attached: 1552063821853.jpg (960x685, 166K)

Sorry but it is.

That's exactly what they're suggesting. All based on a study that they misread which reported the participants used inner thought virtually every time.

>aphantasia
>asia
they really are soulless bugs

Babies are supposed to develop object permanence around their first birthday. How the fuck to adults live this way?

But get this: some psychologist in the 70's argued that prior to a few thousand years ago, the inner monologue was separate from the self, and was interpreted as a voice coming from god or gods. At some point the voices integrated into the self and consciousness as we know it arose.

Ginger allocated.

Haven't seen that screen cap in a while.

Attached: Fixed number of souls NPC extended.jpg (912x869, 290K)

my favorite thing about the NPC meme is that the people who are most happy to spread it never even looked at the study, completely misinterpreted it, and are the true retards.

>some psychologist

I legitimately have this condition. I can not visual images or make sounds in my mind while I'm awake.

I took German and Mandarin in high-school and I can still "communicate" with Germans with some difficulties. I can read chinese but it feels like a scar in my brain, literally chicken scratches. there's a point in learning where your mental processor gives up and every single word sounds like "shi shi shi shi" but a different picture in your head. there is no color. no thought. just like a pokemon bleats its name.

I have studied chinese for ten years now and it only gave me pain. I have studied thai for three years now, and I swear it's built on purpose to defend against outsides, ESPECIALLY THE CHINESE.

eh, what can I do but accept the fact that English (despite orthograpic complexity) is the language of utility and commerce, I should be more grateful it's my native language because it frees up space for any other mental persuits. But I became interested in linguistics, a fatal mistake.

Can't do it as well. That would explain that while I can draw detailed shit accurate from visuals but have always found it impossible to draw from memory. Had to memorize the order of lines.

vocaroo.com/i/s0mGotj8zasj

Socrates was murdered because he had an inner monologue.

Attached: socratic.jpg (1544x4548, 2.33M)

Yep. I believe they just get stuck in a weird brain programming/feedback loop and then BAM, retarded!

Incorrect, lack of inner monologue is the default, it appeared about 3000BC probably as a result of civilization.
Some have theorized that mankind had inner monologue before, but the destruction of Atlantean civilization in 10500BC caused the ability to be lost.

Attached: bicam.png (1843x141, 43K)

He came into the real world, he became a player.

Where do you think the NPC meme came from? Was some study/story about people not having one

Attached: the_study.png (899x904, 293K)

You're weird.

See

thanks

How would people with no inner monologue even read?

any person who is poly-lingual or knows at least 3 languages doesn't have a consistent inner monologue, stop being brainlets because you can't conceive an internal world/thought process without verbal language instead of conceptual abstractions and logic, it immediately exposes you as the biggest an the most insecure retards possible

>Some have theorized that mankind had inner monologue before, but the destruction of Atlantean civilization in 10500BC caused the ability to be lost.
This is somehow more comforting than the idea that inner monologue only appeared recently.

Alex on the daily shoah created it

The kind of empathy animals con have. A real, but more crude form of it.

I'm fluent in 3 languages, can speak 4, and have inner monologue, usually in 2 different languages.

>some psychologist
That is the plot from Westworld, you silly faggot. Do you regularly watch fiction television then run around telling people you learned things from psychologists and doctors?

I have reached similar conclusion. When you have two or more words in different languages link to the same concept, it unlocks this ability to think in pure conceptual way, which is somehow above verbal thought. This form of thinking feels more fluid and more insightful, as if you are now seeing a 3D cube instead of a 2D square, if that makes sense.

>crisps
FUCK OFF

How do we cure or prevent NPCs? Any ideas?

mmm crisps

youtube.com/watch?v=DcM9FAidG-E

Reading basic fiction shit doesn't require any active thought or meaningful internal dialog. It's like a sitcom. NPCs can watch a sitcom and follow it, obviously, but give them an actually stimulating book and their brains fry. 99% of people only read awful copy paste fiction novels.

I guess you don't really enjoy books either when you can't imagine the setting, and why some people think TV shows like friends is great because it tells them when to laugh

The method in OP could work. Force people in schools pay some time to describe everything they are seeing, feeling or experiencing in as great detail as they are able to. I once read an article that described this as something called the michelangelo method or something similar, the ultimate aim of which was to eventually learn to describe the visualizations you see in your inner mind in a way that would eventually transform your whole cognition.

gas the kikes? race war now?

>Most people act before premeditation
Don't project your own nigbrain onto the rest of us.

When your brain is constantly going you can't turn it off. Thank goodness that when I tried to meditate years ago my brain wouldn't let me.

I was like that but then arsenic poisoning got rid of it.
Nothing that could change you enough to get rif of it can be good for you.
Be glad you arwn't a thoughtless drone

Point is, it is a learned skill, and it's a skill which separates civilized people from savages.
I have a theory that shift from oral/written to visual communication made it possible to survive in civilization without this skill, something which has been impossible before. Thus the world is reverting to savagery once more.
Yay for modern tech.

Please stop talking about people without an inner monologue it freaks me the fuck out.

You have a strong conection to the collective. It's a double edged sword btw.

Same problem and I just recently started taking trazodone so I could just get some proper sleep.

>Thank goodness that when I tried to meditate years ago my brain wouldn't let me.
That's like saying you tried to swim but you kept sinking.

all asians are npc he did not break his conditioning he is just mimicking now which makes him even weirder non-whites don't have souls

Yes, this is my fear too. I have noticed in my own life that I feel less compelled to use verbal thinking on the days when I spend the most time online. I think in this case it has to do with the excessive stimulation of online browsing though.

I've thought via words since I could say words, does that mean anything?

>You have a strong conection to the collective.
What does this mean? I often come up with eloquent metaphors, explanations or answers to some questions that I or others ask. They just pop in my head as complete thoughts. Related?

People who speak multiple languages have inner monologues in multiple languages. And usually every person has a preferred language, usually their first.

I know a girl who doesnt do that, she got mad and confused when i told her what i mean.

Bullshit kike. Nice try.

Everyone has an "inner monologue"; this is just a kike. Ignore him.

Yep, and people couldn't read "in their head" up until about the 1400's supposedly....really changes your perspective on what cognizance, the "soul" or lack there of, really means.....

But yah all humans and cultures are equal and beautiful in their own way.

Attached: Lol.jpg (275x183, 4K)

Lol no wonder people freak out when they think they're hearing "voices in their head"...

They've literally never thought for themselves before.

have you never had a moment where you pretty much went in autopilot and have almost nothing going on in your head at all besides daydreaming?
well some people are in that state constantly for almost their entire life.

>spends time on reddit and finds this post as a result
Fuck off redditfag, or at least go back to /ptg/.

Makes you wonder if the new age jargon about upcoming evolution of man has actual legitimacy to it.

You fucking idiot, Julian Jaynes published "the origin of consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind" in 1976. They totally used his ideas, and even named one of the episodes "the bicameral mind." Know what you're talking about before you click that post button, you complete and utter faggot.

This article has got me thinking with pictures... gotta say it's pretty damn fun. Might have to do it more.

When I read

"I'm pretty sure that Baars and McWhorter are entirely mistaken. Maybe Baars talks to himself all the time, and maybe McWhorter himself sees images of written words while he talks (there's reason to be skeptical of both claims),..

I picture two NPC types doing exactly what they describe.. it's a lot more interactive than just reading the words.

That's not true.
I know English, spanish, and japanese, and I carry on conversations with myself in all three languages.

Usually, watching anime makes me think in Japanese, and dealing with Mexicans makes me think in Spanish.

Generally though, I'm in English mode like 70% of the time.

I've also had dreams in all three languages.

Conjecture: there are other "Jedi mind tricks" which can be learned, and the elite are the people who maintained knowledge of those after Atlantis perished.
"Evolution" will be accomplished by teaching some of these to the goyim.

>That's like saying you tried to swim but you kept sinking.
And that's a good thing.