Why don't millennials want to work?

Why don't millennials want to work?

Attached: mil.jpg (640x545, 119K)

>Lol, just be a slave paid half of what it costs to live on your own, goy!
>OMG why won't these anti-semetic cretins work for me!?!?
>Stop being so lazy!

You mistake not wanting to work for a slave driver for not wanting to work at all. KYS shill.

Attached: 2DvJOH4.jpg (640x611, 121K)

Why do you make shit low effort bait threads?
Why are you a faggot?

Kek
I ghosted my ex-boss and traveled to SEAsia for 7 months last year

I'm not actually, I just want to talk about boomer employers and why they think they're owed the eternal loyalty of their toilet scrubbers

>Shit comes up
>Call in to work
>Want to use PTO
>Nah man you don't got PTO here's a write up
>Pay stub clearly shows 20 hours of PTO

Don't blame anyone for ghosting these people.

It shouldn't be a surprise. From a workers perspective they don't feel like the employer is invested in them anymore -- and why should they, with the falling wages, falling benefits, constructive dismissals, increasing nepotism and affirmative action. For many, it is easier and more rewarding to make money on their own using a skill that they possess, or to suck on gibsmedats which in many cases are more valuable than the lower wage jobs.

We do there just arent any jobs and youre retarded

Then maybe you should've led with that. Not like it matters though, because you're just gonna be one of those faggots that says, "ha I got a good job, why don't you, faggot? I bet you're just a lazy leftist."

So just hurry up and kill yourself already, shill.

Attached: averagepoluser.jpg (1279x712, 139K)

Job market's a fucking joke.

>be security guard
>one of the more valued ones in my company
>get told a new lucrative contract's coming up, a state building
>asked if I want to work there
>go to orientation, head of the company is their to represent us to the client
>all this prim and proper shit, talk to the security guards we were replacing, watch presentations, talk to state officials
>all this faggot meaningless bullshit that can get explained in an hour but boomer bosses have drag out to make us all feel like we're building a colony on mars and not just gonna be standing in front of a fucking metal detector all day
>client who manages the contract is a miserable, MISERABLE, old boomer
>everyone hates him
>refuses to properly train us
>finally start
>after 2 weeks on the contract, guy finally decides to see how we're doing
>asks me to search him, go thru all the security protocols, etc.
>says I'm not doing it right, starts giving me a real fucking attitude
>not being lightly critical, but actually getting irritatated and frustrated and making no effort to hide it
>asks "who even trained you? they didn't do it right"
>client who refused to train us is basically giving me lip for something I had no control over
>realize I'm getting paid 13/hr to work in a state building in a police uniform with this crabby old fuck thinking he can treat me like a gimp for it
>quit right there and then and walk off site
>turns out 2 weeks later we lost the contract, the state just wanted to hire a new security company so they could re-hire their old one at a lower rate

fuck all these power jockeying kikes. they want everything done by the book unless their name's on the building. fuck boomers.

Attached: 1556168579882.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Learn to read. That's how much is allotted, not earned. You probably work a job where you earn PTO through hours worked.
>Example: 20 hours worked = 1 hour LTO earned.

Bad bosses can't manage people, what a surprise.

Wow a psychic who can read peoples pay stubs over the internet. Tell me your secrets to achieve such powers! Also view Trump's tax retuens and sell the data for $$.

Bad managers wanting employees to work under illegal conditions, get butt hurt when the employees leave.

Not at all, I'm making good money now but before that I was a pure, thoroughbred NEET. I posted this thread because I de-programmed a lot of the faggot complexes that Americans have about their careers and their employers, the ones that deprive them of self-respect

there are worse things than not having a "career" or not getting the recognition of your peers

Work for a roastie or an indian while being a white man, you'll ghost them eventually. They are never going to give you a god reference anyways

I don’t see the problem with this. You’re providing your employer with your labor voluntarily in exchange for compensation, you can withdraw that labor at any time and stop receiving compensation. Your boss isn’t your fucking gf, you don’t owe him a formal breakup

I've been working since I graduated in the early 2000's and was working jobs before that. In the last ten years wages have done nothing but stagnate while the cost of living has almost doubled in my town.

I honestly want to go full NEET but have no idea how to accomplish it in my state.

If there's so many people on welfare, then there isn't a labour shortage, there's a labour surplus.
If people don't want to work in the conditions offered, despite there being a labour surplus, then you must be offering some really dismal conditions

I found some of my company's accounts payable documents and we are billed the security guards out at 15 an hour but they're paid 7.50.

I looked at that and laughed

>We had to EARN our living, all you need is a FIRM HANDSHAKE and eye contact kiddo!
This is at least the 3rd time we've had this thread in two weeks.

Attached: wage_2.jpg (1024x1214, 260K)

Why would anyone want to work?
>inb4 it gives you a "sense of purpose" or keeps you from getting bored
You can find purpose and occupy your time without it needing to involve someone else owning your time and/or labor.

Attached: 1558396898174m.jpg (1024x556, 82K)

I don't blame you if you're not incentivized. Working hard, paying bills for a family? Sure, any man can and should do so. Working hard and paying bills to live comfortably, even alone? Okay, not for everyone but livable. Slaving away for your Jew boss to live paycheck-to-paycheck for the privilege of anasthetizing yourself on the weekends with alcohol and Netflix? Kiss my ass.

As an employee, do the bare minimum not to get fired and leave your job for a better one the moment the opportunity presents itself, unless you have a really stellar employer.

If employers have no respect for their employees, employees should have no respect for their employers. Only boomers think you should work your ass off while being treated like dog shit.

I absolutely agree with this, if you need a boss to be productive and to feel like you're doing something with your life, you are weak and have nothing going on inside, simple as that.

> found some of my company's accounts payable documents and we are billed the security guards out at 15 an hour but they're paid 7.50.
>I looked at that and laughed
Why is that funny? Without the company arranging for that they would make $0 an hour doing nothing.

>be me working in metal fab shop
>7yrs
>doing everything asked, even if it's well above my peasant pay grade
>2 guys get fired without warning
>replaced with niggers
>neither even know how to use tape measure or angle grinder
>teach them
>while teaching them learn they are starting $2/hr higher than me
>we cant afford to give you a raise.jpg
>please do all this stuff that the managers were supposed to do 4 weeks ago
>ghosted.jpg
>new job 1 day later starting almost $10/hr higher
>fuck boomers

>dismal conditions
Not being allowed to check facebook on their smart phone every 15 seconds amounts to dismal conditions for these children who refer to themselves as adults.

Because work is for slaves and women

I used to work security at a very fancy, high-class department store, and one of the posters they'd hang in the fucking wagie break room read "THINK LIKE A MANAGER, WORK LIKE A MANAGER, ACT LIKE A MANAGER..."

lol yeah but don't get paid like one here at this store that charges 3k for a glittery hand bag. kiss my fucking ass

If you can find a situation where you can get extremely cheap rent, you can do something like transcription and Mturk. You can credit cardmaxx and make minimum payments to extend your purchasing power. Not viable long term but if you're neet you've given up anyway. The plan above works out better when you get a low stress, part time job.

I actually walked out of a job just a couple of weeks ago. Its a short term contract for vacation replacement, so instead of 40 hours a week, its 30 hours, the pay is adjusted.
Actually get to the job (mailman), do it for a couple of days. There's no actual hours, its when you're done with your route, it actually takes like 9 hours while working the unpaid lunch hour. And my boomer parents actually got mad i quit the job even though it was just something temporary while i wait for an exam for a profession where i'll earn in 1 month what i'd make in 1 as a mailman.
Everyone that entered at the same time as me also quit, i'm pretty sure the company is going bankrupt.

Learn CNC, most machine shops absolutely refuse to hire niggers

1 month what i'd make in 3 as a mailman*

That seems like part of our problem. Not that im disagreeing with you im just saying that since we have the internet and good transportation we dont need to be nice to people anymore.

Terrible managers at work. I work within the maintenance department to run the boilers. I have to sit in on maintenance meetings. Work for them is divided between preventative maintenance and demand maintenance. PMs are automatically generated, DMs are made by staff when shit breaks.

Higher management gets this great idea to track PMs and DMs. Tell workers to get their PM numbers up to lower DMs. Staff literally has no control over the generation of PMs, they are automatic and happen at set times. DMs are generated by other staff that have stuff break on them, or most often just want to complain about stuff.

Time goes on numbers don't change. Management is getting furious that people can't get the PMs up. The site lead explains how they have no control over it. Management sends him off for training because "he's not a good team leader". Workers are getting written up for not getting PMs up. Staff turn over starts to rise. Team of 15 has 7 people quit and get new jobs. New hires are slow to come in due to managers not taking any time to interview people, and always seeming to pick terrible people. One guy has 20 years of experience all over the world, speaks almost no English. Lets hire him! He works like he's still in the 3rd world and constantly violates safety requirements, and not just the stupid ones. He can't even understand what people are telling him he is doing wrong. After 2 months turns out he has a criminal record in the Taiwan and gets fired.

Team is at 11 people of a slated 17. Two of the guys that have the most flexible skills and so spend the most time fixing little stuff like broken desks, holes in walls, ripped carpet get put on unpaid leave for 4 weeks because they have the lowest PM numbers. They come back to work after pulling odd jobs around town to make their bills. Get fired for "moonlighting' on company time.

7 of the 9 remaining staff quits giving up UI in disgust. Site lead is fired over this.

Attached: MAZ-537.jpg (3264x2176, 1.82M)

FPBP
FUCK WORKING FOR COMPANY OVERLORDS

All managers are out for themselves, why should employees be any different? This system is cut throat and they wonder why people react the ways they do after seeing the writing on the wall

I've had bosses reluctantly pay me the rate they mentioned at the INTERVIEW stage months later, and still act pissy and call it a "raise" like them forgetting to pay the rate they fucking promised was my fault.

No benefits and low pay to always be on a deadline , also no bonuses to meet said deadline. Really no motivation to show any of these companies any type of loyalty .
Also, most of these companies are vindictive when you leave them, you can't count on them to give you a good reference anyways

The sad thing is that most wagies agree that they spend too much time working.
Getting 2 days off a week is nothing considering most wagecucks dedicate every weekday to working or work-related activities (commuting, preparing for work, etc.)

Attached: Wagie.png (800x686, 179K)

If you work in an office environment, half the time you get called in on the weekends to fix what ever the roasties or indians messed up

This. Give me a reason to care about my job or I'll only show up to get paid and nothing else.

Yup

> *during interview* show initiative user. you'll go far here
> *shows initiative, provably improves efficiency 40,000%. completely embarrasses everyone on the team* user, there is more to life than this job.

it's all fun and games until your talent threatens them. fuck the computer industry anyway. why should i help implement the system that's ultimately trying to genocide me?

Currently studying CAD. I'd like to get into some CNC too. My new job has 1 black and zero beans. 99% white and redpilled. Love it.

Based.

Attached: 1538745393653.jpg (480x640, 56K)

I was NEET for a few months. It was worse than wagecucking. The boredom and the lack of money was terrible.

One of the niggers at my shop was fired for petty shit while there is this incompetent white guy that fucks up tools and jobs constantly. He still works there.

Yeah but did your coworkers like you? I do shit at work but everybody likes me. Being like-able is a skill probably more valuable than any other in the career world.

I know that guy, the nigger got whacked for his attitude.

Its not that difficult the IRS does it all the time.
They have models on almost all income.

In my experience, talent just ensures all the work is piled on you, while no raises or promotions come your way
Is probably closer to the truth

Millennials want to work but they don't have any real responsibilities like caring for a spouse or children like previous generations did at young ages to entrap them into working.Thats why Millennials can be so flimsy, they never gained something that they really don't want to loose like constant sex with a loved one or providing their children happy lives.

That's so incorrect. That's a boomer excuse if I have ever seen one

Because I'll never have a wife and kids

Hell I'll probably never even just have a wife and van

I'm not working AND dying alone. Not happening. You better learn to be Muslim and impose Shariah law so bitches line up for my dick, or pay for my tendie bux

Attached: tumblr_p0nyeggfjA1vy2tgqo2_250.jpg (250x250, 17K)

OP literally cannot stop sucking dicks

Not really. I have no wife or kids. I have enough saved up that I could ghost my job, get on a plane, fly to the other side of the country, and start a new life TODAY with no real consequences.

wait, so went down to 2 people out of 15?

Also, this sounds as terrible as a place I worked out.

>Boomer bosses
>Literally fucking scream constantly at employees
>Put employees down all the time
>Treat this shit like it's basic fucking training for the military
>Place doesn't do background checks and has ex violent criminals and pedos work there (next to an elementary school btw) but hurr durr they passed a drug test...why is this place like a fucking prison?
>Still underpays compared to other places of similar work.
>Mandatory OT so pushing 42 minimum "Short weeks" and 54 minimum "long weeks"
>Small town so people talk
>"Guess people just don't want to work in the area?"

Literally got to the point where all the heads of our plant and HR were getting pulled in by the president like, "What the fuck is going on that you shitstains can't keep people?", literally got to the point where we got a dude who was on trial for killing an infant with blunt force trauma, and another guy threatened to shoot the fucking place up, literally at the point where we have two huge boomer boss problems that thankfully one of them got told to knock their shit off or he'll get shit canned either that or realized due to health issues that he should be a better guy and has actually been chill.

The other one is a huge shitstain and we have to shut down lines because no one will work on the shift.

it's been an employer's market for 20 years
there are people in senior company positions that have never known what it's like to have to compete for workers
so a little tighter labor market finally happens, and these boomers and frumpy hambeasts in HR don't know what the fuck to do
they refuse to change their management climate and so employees just bail on them

This. Not having those responsibilities really frees you and allows you to enjoy life instead of working a dead end job you hate without ever being able to take time off.

I think it's more along the lines that employers are vindictive and expect loyalty, but don't want to pay for loyalty. They want all the benefits of paying high wages for works, without having to pay the high wages . You get what you pay for in terms of employees , if you pay dick, you get dick workers

What really astounds me is how unwilling they are to put themselves in their employee's shoes. Oh waah why don't you think about the team? You're an adult you have a responsibility to work wahh

No I don't faggot because this place isn't my life, sorry it's yours

It would make sense these fortune 500 companies are all pushing immigration so hard

>Literally fucking scream constantly at employees
had a client like that
he treated his employees like shit
He thought he could do the same to me.
Should have seen the looks on his and his employees face when I told him to no and walked out.
Thought the fucker was going to hit me.

Kids these days don't get it. There's nothing wrong with making 6 dollars an hour, in fact you should be happy there's a business willing to give you 3 bucks for your time. I mean, without the company, how would that dollar a day find it's way into your pocket?

You mean why don't people want to be full time slaves to a job that doesnt even afford them a roof and the ability to raise a family? Gee, I wonder....

>Why don't millennials want to work?
Because shitty parenting dont let thier kids sink-or-swim in society, instead, they're treading water.

There's no way I can ghost walmart ever. I have about 400+ hours of benefits I'll be forfeiting. Why would I throw away thousands of dollars?

Attached: 15584571378332022001415751135995.jpg (4032x2268, 1.78M)

Frankly I’m glad about this outcome. If company’s wanna get rid of pensions and other ways of making an employee loyal they should be prepared for high turnover. I like it because I’m a Mech Eng. who likes to hop jobs to avoid boredom but it is depressing for those looking to find a job, work at it for a long time and get rewarded for loyalty

Its a way of resigning without confrontation and with maximum disrespect, but don’t expect good references. This is a revenge tactic that usually backfires.

Because if half the jobs don't pay a livable wage, you're telling people they're not worth keeping alive but we still need them to scrub the toilets. Fuck that

And I know you were being sarcastic

I work the bare minimum to stay alive and not feel like a NEET. I simply don't have the motivation to do anything else. I used to want a family, but now I know that it'll never happen for me. I used to want to support Finland, but now I know it's a hopeless cause. I'm not at all surprised that many don't work at all. Why bother?

>work in an office for a big company
>spent 10 hours + commuting every weekday
>have to answer phone calls and deal with other's fuck ups all weekend
Wow so gratifying
Glad to see you are still around wallmart user

Attached: 1542909944318.png (498x594, 122K)

Bless you wallmart-user.

Fuck jews and fuck boomers

The article you link has absolutely nothing to do with working though.

It had to do with employees rejecting the one sided shit show that is leaving vs being fired.

Employers expect the right to give you 1 second notice, but demand two weeks notice from their employees.

Fuck them, if they want the ability to plan around me leaving, that has a cost. That cost is guaranteed severance pay that would be equivalent of my working for whatever notice period they wanted.

Since boomers expect something for nothing, they get nothing.

They don't give a fuck, they still think it's the 80's , and they can treat their employees like dick....but people got paid more in the 80's to do the same shit

>This is a revenge tactic that usually backfires.

certainly not at the lower levels, which is where I think a lot of companies are having problems

This was expected when employers can fire anybody for any reason without any kind of notice. They shot themselves in the foot pushing for that and now they reap what they sow.

You don’t know how payroll works.

That's one thing I find funny, how many 70 yo's are still working. I'd give anything for a boss that was my age , I'm 39 btw

I'm a sperg, so bear with me.

I see work as a game. Depending on my situation, I either see it as a matter of being as productive as possible or a matter of getting as much as I can out of my employer for as little productivity as possible.

What i do at work is imagine I'm like a general in Romance of the Three Kingdoms under my employer and try to set my "loyalty score" (0-100) with events at work rising or lowering the score appropriately. I then modify my conduct and attitude based on this perceived score.

My "career" has consisted pretty much of a bunch of jobs that I start off strong in (3-8 months), a "coasting period" (3-47 months) and then a period of collecting unemployment.

I don't "ghost" my employer though I have given immediate notice twice, which is much more fun.

Attached: 522412-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-iv-wall-of-fire-sega-saturn.png (320x240, 53K)

When employers stopped showing any loyalty to their workers, why are they baffled when the workers return the favor? Shit pay and a promise that you will never get a full-time contract doesn't invite good working motivation.

>Burn bridge.
>Still use as reference
>If you don't get job, get a friend to call pretending to be an employer.
>If old employer is bad mouthing you without Rock solid evidence, record another conversation if legal in your state.
>Sue old employer for every penny you can.
You don't owe Boomer feudal Lords anything, stop pretending that you do.

Can you say 'diversity quotas'? What makes you think the 'employer' got the job due to her qualifications?

Don’t you want to save up to buy mökki?

There's no point to working beyond self subsistence. Nobody has a wife, kids, house, and boat.

>One long sob story about a shitty job
"Job market's a fucking joke."

>Okay, not for everyone but livable. Slaving away for your Jew boss to live paycheck-to-paycheck for the privilege of anasthetizing yourself on the weekends with alcohol and Netflix? Kiss my ass.
Sounds like me to a T.

Idle hands spend time at the genitals.

Glad to see you again, too.

God bless you too!

Boomers lost a ton of money in 2008.

Attached: 15584578051523194535157414377852.jpg (4032x2268, 1.63M)

It's like they can't comprehend why someone getting paid dirt and with no career ambitions doesn't give a fuck about showing up on time to flip burgers.

These jobs aren't glamorous, they're not beautiful or stimulating. I've been working since I was 15, I know that's not what a job is, but that's why you a pay a nigga a livable fucking wage. What is this Platonic ideal of Work and the Working Man that I'm supposed to slave away for? Fuck off.

I can't trust most of the places I worked at to give me a good reference after I leave, they act as if I betrayed them when I give notice . So I just ghost now, figure I can't use them as a reference anyways . Never effected my ability to get a job, I run my own business now . Making shit and selling it online makes me more money than I had ever made before.

>goy, work overtime with no pay!
>goy work harder without any chance to rise
You get what you pay for, jew.

Yeah, that's what I wrote.

Similar shit happens everywhere, jew.

because they pay me 10-cents an hour over my local poverty wage, factoring in total weekly hours.

Can someone tell me if the stagnant wage meme is true?

From my understanding - a lot of that is based off household income (which is going to be stagnated anyway when ppl don't get married as frequently). I also hear that more company benefits offset the difference, and that our purchasing power is greater now due to economies of scale and free market competition.

>wanting to work

Are you sick in the head or something?

Attached: 1541396761760.jpg (322x306, 20K)

That is some shady b.s right there. The boomer manager pull that so he could get a bonus for saving his department money. Fuckin greedy boomers.

When my "loyalty score" is sufficiently low enough for me to seriously consider giving immediate notice, I'm usually unhappy enough about something to want to speak on it before I walk out the door for the last time.

In these cases, I've already made my peace with an unfavorable (or neutral, as I usually work for Goliath entities that don't provide positive references anyway) reference and I'm seeking the chance to articulate my resentments and further chip away at my old fear of confrontation.

It's not just about not wanting to work, it's that they don't have the basic social skills or decency to quit like an adult is supposed to: GO up to your supervisor and tell them that it's not working out, give notice if possible, and then leave. They avoid any type of uncomfortable situation like that because they can't handle conflict. Too much social media and not enough face to face interaction as the Good Lord intended.

Amen.

>Millenials don't want to work
>Millenials don't want to own property
>Millenials don't want to have any money in their bank accounts
What the fuck do these retards want then?