At what age did you give up anons?

At what age did you give up anons?

I'm 22 y.o. And still never had a s.o or anything really close to it. I get told that I'm attractive by friends and sometimes strangers but am still alone and I don't know what's so wrong with me :/

I get really confused between the lines of platonic and romantic relationships and have confused relationships with pretty much every male in my life regardless of their age or relationship to me.

Any encouragement or similar feels?

Attached: 29948363058b5ecdbb6e823577e27d26.jpg (420x509, 46K)

Why do you even mean by this? Give up on what? Ask out the guy you like, if he doesn't like you back, tough luck. Try another one. I'm 28 and I don't see myself giving up ever, I keep trying to find someone with whom I click and who is into me romantically. No pressure though - don't become desperate, it can get you in trouble.

28 male and I've given up, gave up a couple of years ago actually. You don't get to my age without a relationship unless you have some fundamental issues. Plenty of inexperienced 22 year olds though, you still have a chance.

I gave up on women when I was 20. Now I am 30 and reassessing that decision.

If you don't get it by 25, then you've lost the game and you should just focus on living happy solitary life.

Christmas cake

Only 21. I've dipped in and out of "giving up," though I recognize that I still have plenty of time to salvage it, but it just gets so tiresome.
I'm making baby steps of progress in like with S.O.s, but between each failed attempt (getting closer each time) there comes a prolonged period of just "giving up" and self hatred, until a new opportunity comes along out of luck and I start to regain hope, until it is inevitably dashed by the bitter end of rejection or simply not doing well enough to avoid friend-zoning.
Each experience has certainly been a learning one, with each one giving me thicker and thicker skin to be able to withstand the shit that would originally cause me to crumble, and I feel as if I'm on the cusp of finally getting a girlfriend with the current knowledge I've accumulated. Everyone else in this thread is much older than me and is thus way more experienced and knowledgable, so I understand how stupid this must look, but I only ask that you empathize with a situation that I imagine you guys and girls must have had/felt at one point.

Attached: tfw no empress.jpg (374x238, 17K)

Did you guys seriously give up without looking at the data. There are over 9 billion people in this plannet. About half of those are men while the other half are women. Meaning 4.5 billion men and 4.5 billion women. Statistically half of those adult women are single as are the men. Which means you could go on a date with a different single woman or man every night for the rest of your life and never run out of people to date. What happened was you got rejected a couple times and you gave up. Now quit being a little bitch. Fix your shit personality. And start asking people on dates

>Meaning 4.5 billion men and 4.5 billion women. Statistically half of those adult women are single as are the men. Which means you could go on a date with a different single woman or man every night for the rest of your life and never run out of people to date.
wow with intellectual statements like these your IQ must be in the high double digits

But I haven't given up fully

>le fish in the sea meme
The woman I want isn't in my area and I have no interest in non-white women
Sorry asian girls but I dont want you

7.7 billion, not 9.

28 now and I don't want to say I've given up but definitely on a hiatus until I can prove I'm not a fuck up. Which might happen someday. God damn... Someday...

25 was the beginning of the end. 26 cemented it. Now, I dont believe that physical or sexual relationship are hard to get, easy as shit these days. But I've completely given up on the idea of romance, love, and procreation

>I get really confused between the lines of platonic and romantic relationships and have confused relationships with pretty much every male in my life regardless of their age or relationship to me.
23M, same boat as you. Except you stand to lose less from mixing them up.

I'm 29 and i've given up.

No idea what age I did give up but it's over now.

I’m close to giving up at 23, I have girls interested but I can’t get rid of my social anxiety

>Statistically half of those adult women are single
That's where you don't know what in the fuck you're talking about, kiddo.

>28 male and I've given up, gave up a couple of years ago actually. You don't get to my age without a relationship unless you have some fundamental issues
Are you me? The loneliness and the horror of how deep my psychological issues are have really been hitting home for me lately.

It's horrible. I know that if I wanted to date I would have to change who I am completely, I'm a psychological mess

About 25. Started wondering why I'd never been on a date and wasn't really doing much to change that. Realized it just wasn't something I actually cared about. So no reason to w orry about it.

>What happened was you got rejected a couple of times
I wish. I have never even tried to approach someone, to confess my feelings.

Of those 2,5 billion singles how many are kids and teens that you are not going to date? +40 year old women that you aren't gonna date anyway? Maybe certain ethnicity that you dont prefer? How many live in realistic reach to you - or are you gonna spend 1000 bucks to a flight ticket just to date someone? With how many are you gonna actually match up?
Etc.

30 year old and in the same boat.
It definitely has reached a point where it's scary.

You are not lost cause, you literally never tried. I know for some of us, it can be really hard but you gotta try. Avoiding it won't never make anything better. You will only become older, more bitter and self-hating.

I have felt that especially tmw you like somebody but they don't like you back. Honestly as a girl this should be a lot easier for you since you're the one to give the signal of liking a guy. But yeah you'll have to look for signs of guys interested in you, we don't hide it very well fyi.

22 is too young to give up, desu that's the time when I lost my virginity (not that that means much once you actually lose it, society way overstigmatizes virginity)

Honestly it just sounds like you need to keep trying for the guys you're interested in, obviously do the blunt approach for guys you know otherwise won't get the message . (most will appreciate that I 100% guarantee it.) And if you feel down about a rejection don't take their response personally and just keep looking, how do you think guys feel when they go months on end always approaching first with girls not interested in them?

But desu the most success you're going to have is finding guys through friends of friends, Most of my previous relationships wouldn't have happened were it not for me hanging out with a (female) friend and their friend shows up and they (the friend of the friend) signal they have interest in me.

I never really gave that much of a hoot.There's a bunch of unfun baloney you have to deal with to get into a relationship with a woman, but relationships and women just seem like a bunch of unfun baloney in their own right

You're really grasping at straws to not try, and I applaud the effort. If you'd apply that effort to actually trying I think you'd be surprised.

Watch your language

Shits not worth it unless youre extremely good at communicating. Most people entering a relationship think they are ready but are caught off guard after they learn more about their partner and themselves. We can practice being in a relationship over the internet then practice break up so it doesnt hurt that much the first time.

>effort
What fucking effort? That shit took like half a minute to think and write to point how flawed that whole paragraph was.

I'm 24 and I haven't completely given up yet, there is one girl ive got my eye on, who's super sweet, a real cutie, easily a 7/10, I just need to actually ask her out.

I've been close to giving up on women a handful of times. Especially when I was extremely depressed, however now that I feel better, I gotta get back in it

25 just going through all the firsts now..you still have time. Just try

am 20

i never gave it any thought. i think im retarded

is it possible to find a girl who doesn't sleep around, isn't immature/doesn't play games all the time, isn't an attention seeker, is loyal and doesn't look to upgrade every time she gets with a new guy? I'm in my mid 20's and I never found a girl like that and the ones I dated I learned aren't really for me because of those reasons. Are my standards too high and I just need to start sleeping around myself? how come I don't appear to be compatible with any girl I meet? I understand dating and finding differences in each other and things to work on, but attention seeking and slutty behavior and lack of responsibility isn't really something you can work on and I get put off by that easily, not sure if rightfully tho

It might be that a lot of guys don't want to make a move because they think they're not good enough for you. In this age there are a lot of people with pretty heavy insecurities that weigh down on them, this could be the reason. People don't even attempt to initiate anything because of this.

Don't know when exactly I gave up but I have. Was in a few relationships when I was younger, but they really just fell into my lap and they didn't last. Now I've been single for 6 years and counting and I don't really have a plan to change that. I'd have to actually figure out where I could meet single women my age and stop being a loser first.

Is it really giving up if you never tried in the first place?

this.

most people "giving up" are the ones who just stay silent and see who falls into their laps

>is it possible to find a girl who doesn't sleep around, isn't immature/doesn't play games all the time, isn't an attention seeker, is loyal and doesn't look to upgrade every time she gets with a new guy?
Yes but those girls are intelligent and extremely high quality women and therefore end up with the best guys who likewise have their life together.
Which probably isn't you.

Yes. It's in fact the worst kind of giving up.
You can make peace with "i tried my best but it just didn't work out" but you'll never get over "what if i actually tried?".

That's definitely true but it unfortunately took me a long time to realize that.
Being a late bloomer really sucks.

I have my life pretty much together I think. I'm not really wasting my time on anything that I shouldn't be doing but I just struggle to find someone like that. Maybe its because I'm in college, I also started late and I get to see how everyone around me acts and its near impossible to find someone right for me in all this because of how immature the nature of college life is. I just don't know where to find women like that

I wasn't a late bloomer, just a coward too afraid to make a move in my teens even when girls very obviously showed interest.
It took me a long time to stop obsessing over "what if" and arrive at "not this time". Until 27 in fact.
But it just goes to show that it's only too late if you stop trying.

>i am deserving of the highest caliber of women
>posts on Jow Forums
Forgive me
I know this is a cheap shot but uhh, strong doubt.

This year, at 24.

My girlfriend of two years left me without giving me the chance to see her one last time and talk it out. And after thinking I was on a good way to recovery, I got hurtful texts from her out of the blue. Nothing ever hurt so bad.
My parents divorced a few months later. Said they thought about it for years but didn't want us to notice. My mum cut contact to my grandma, and both try getting me on their side. They practically were the only ones who raised me, I don't want to have to decide and they know this full well.
I tried surrounding myself with the last few friends I had. The more I did that the more I realized how much they actually hate each other these days. We used to hang out every New Year's Eve together for nearly a decade and this is the first year it won't happen.

I'm pretty much all alone now and most of my hobbies stopped bringing me joy.

I've given up on finding true love.
I've given up on finding fulfillment in other people.

I'm making plans to leave the country in February and starting over new because I don't have the power to rebuild it all here, on burned and salted ground. I really hope this works because I don't know what else will.

Attached: Cube.png (697x697, 590K)

>girls very obviously showed interest
That's a completely different situation, though.

Amateurs
19 and given up

26, I don't have the courage to kill myself

Your life has barely begun, kid.

34 and given up. I spent 19-29 in a relation ship that I thought I would be in for good We took a break after 6 years but decided that we both made a terrible mistake. We ended up having kids and that is where everything fell apart. It was a pretty bad break up really and I fell into the whole redpill shit and though I recognize it's not all truth I do see plenty that is. It's been almost 5 years and while I have had the most attention from Women I've ever had in my life... I simply don't care to act on it... It didn't help that while having some drinks with Dad he spilled his guts and said getting married was his biggest regret and that he told me never to do it. He and my mom have been together 34 years but they are both miserable.

In the end I realize that most of what is said about relationships is bullshit. The chances of having a good one that lasts seems pretty low. So that, mediocre social skills and the fallout from my break up with the kid's mom has pretty much removed my hope for a relationship.