Why did Western Society Men Abandon Pipe Smoking?

Nowadays is all pot smoking or disgusting vapes cherry shit smelling smoking.

Attached: 645791B5-9C7D-46DC-AFFC-1ED23B4C45E7.jpg (1191x650, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/access/NNBBMQ.ocr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tastes fucking awful
burns your throat
wastes tobacco and weed
only looks cool to boomers

just roll your own cigs with hemp paper.

it's hard to light pipes.

cigars are the kino choice.. but they are a commitment.. once you light a cigar you are smoking that thing til its done, no interruptions.

The pipe tobacco smells really good.

But aren’t they satisfying?

>Society Men Abandon Pipe Smoking?
Only the lowest scum of society ever smoked. It's a filthy disgusting habit. Go advertise somewhere else, shill.

I always thought that guy was mexican

people who smoke do it as a nervous anxiety coping mechanism.
You see this in public all the time.

>Wastes tobacco and weed
How do you figure? Better than something rolled that keeps burning the entire time.

>current year
>smoking

Attached: 1551510823993.jpg (464x618, 32K)

>t. 12 year old boy
Smoking was ubiquitous for years. Only in the past 20 years has smoking been relegated to the back corners of society.

Quit feeding the hipster fires fgt, they eat competition up as fuel you idiot.

smells like shit, also cancer

>hard to light
If you're a fucking idiot
I smoke a pipe and never had any issue lighting it with a variety of lighters
Probably easier imo

i vape everything. smoke is unnecessary and a lot less safe. i'm not concerned with image. i am merely delivering nicotine or thc to my bloodstream efficiently and with as little risk as necessary. smoking to look cool is some npc tier dumbfuck shit.

>cigs with hemp paper.
Hemp doesn't burn at the same speed as tobacco, just use normal (Non-FSC) papers

What about popcorn lung?

yes. nicotine is something people often use unknowingly to self medicate their own anxiety or depression. it has a mood stabilizing effect

It's just a meme, we won't have any real/substantial data on vaping for another 10 years or so

>FSC
That shit ruined cigarettes. I remember one day wondering if I got defective cigarettes, then every pack seemed defective. Dumbest shit ever.

Vaping hash oil is acceptable.

Attached: 65BF82F8-0542-433F-BAD7-9255930DED9B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

>cancer
I wonder if this rise in cancer rates has less to do with cigarettes and more to do with the increased gasoline usage.

Good blended tobacco tastes and smells great. It's also handy for meeting girls with grandaddy issues.

that's from diacetyl, a buttery taste flavouring. you wont find that in any ejuice from north america. don't vape weird shit from china is pretty common sense.

but yeah, who knows. the longterm consequences of vaping flavour compounds.

if you were super into minimizing risk i would suggest a glycerine only and high mg salt nic like 50mg. higher nicotine levels so you take fewer puffs.

cigarettes are more convenient

likewise with alzheimer and diesel engine fumes. a link has been found. but who knows. science is gimped by big money and politics and ideology

We have a winner. Sun must shine on a leafs ass sometimes.

Attached: 1553863245144.gif (444x225, 360K)

Chewing Tobacco > smoking in any form

Attached: 21789789878785.png (466x721, 128K)

My body my choice incel

Yeah I can't even smoke normal packaged smokes after switching to non FSC. A lit cigarette is a fire hazard no matter what, trying to mitigate that at all is retarded

You mothas lost good tastes. Stop being Niggers

Attached: 4B24303D-64AA-4C40-BC61-9750DC0506DF.jpg (640x360, 88K)

Too busy blowing your mom's back out i'd wager..
Ask stupid questions get stupid replies you mop head faggot

desu I just smoke weed.

>implying north america has testing or regulatory standards on vape juice besides what already covers cigarettes.

There's a good reason vape companies like Juul have been spending hundreds of millions to keep the FDA away from their "juice."

Because we're all Juul fags now

People with lungs dirtied by tobacco will not be allowed in the ethnostate.

LUNG CANCER

it's easier u put the lighter over the pipe (without burning your fingers) and suck the flame into the pipe

>tastes fucking awful

The right tobacco literally tastes and smells amazing

>burns your throat

You're doing it wrong. Learn proper cadence.

>it's hard to light pipes.

The first couple times, sure, watch a youtube video. Once you get it down it's really simple.

The best part of pipe smoking: it really pisses off liberals

t. pipe smoking fascist

Attached: 1557704635258.jpg (606x874, 96K)

Attached: pk44d92wkzbx.jpg (640x425, 97K)

arguably the best pipe tobacco ever. too bad its almost impossible to get now. Im glad I had a chance to try it.

Attached: frog morton cellar.jpg (500x500, 34K)

so the fda isn't regulating vapejuice, i'll add that to the lengthy list of jobs they should be but aren't doing properly. maybe one day they will also take the known poisons out of the food and water supply. but i won't hold my breath, although maybe i should considering the shit in the air.

if your throat starts getting itchy cos u r smoking too much and not eating enouigh asparagus just sanitise it with a mouth full of whisky

It's regulated by the EPA since they use propylene glycol to deice airplanes and work in hydraulic pumps and what have you.

>cancer

A meme. Pipe smoking doesn't cause cancer. The surgeon general of the US found in an in depth study:

>"The death rates for pipe smokers are little if at all higher than for non-smokers, even for men who smoke 10 or more pipefuls a day and for men who have smoked pipes more than 30 years."

This is now a pipe aesthetics thread.

Attached: 1535119297956.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Link to the study: profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/access/NNBBMQ.ocr

Attached: 1558749150474.jpg (500x610, 46K)

that's interesting but its not enough on its own to convince me. are there not also studies to the contrary "proving" that pipe smoking does cause cancer?

All forms of smoking are various kinds of gay and unhealthy

Literally none linking pipe smoking, just breathless liberals reeing "IT CAUSES CANCERRRRR!!!". In fact a study from Denmark showed pipe smokers actually living longer due to the relaxation effects.

Liberals hate pipe smoking because it's masculine and it increases testosterone levels, which is the opposite of what they want for you.

Attached: 1543798713280.jpg (420x560, 28K)

t. a skinny jeans wearing gluten free faggot

Attached: 1534856160966.jpg (549x388, 65K)

but why
smoke itself as i understand it, from any plant, is a known carcinogen. but for some reason pipe smoking is ok? what if i roll the tobacco meant for the pipe into a homemade cig, is that fine? is is the paper that causes the problems, the other additives to ciggs. i dont understand how it works, what is the mechanism by which smoke through a pipe is safe while other methods are basically suicide.

so is it just tobacco they burn in the pipe? i'm considering it now but want to buy good substance

Damn right there's a good reason, once the FDA schedules e-juice the government's gonna start taxing the shit until my 120ml bottle of juice costs more than the two cartons of cigarettes it's replacing. I want the FDA to keep their grubby little hands far, far away from my shit, and if this shit turns out to be 30% cobalt-60 and 20% copier toner, that's between me and Naked 100 e liquids. I will take that risk, keep your regulations away from my shit, I want full Ancapistani law to govern this one.

Cleaning pipes sucks. If you don’t clean it often, which is a mess, it makes a mess on your lips that you have to scrape off.

1. Smoke is natural and is not a carcinogen. Human beings have spent a great deal of time around smoke since the dawn of time. Up until recently people heated their homes and cooked exclusively with fire, in some climates people would be breathing smoke nearly 24/7

2. Very few people roll cigarettes. Most cigarettes are filled with hundreds of poisonous chemicals not to mention the filters which emit tiny sharp particles deep into your lungs (think asbestos), filters have killed more people than anything

3. Pipes aren't inhaled into the lungs, the mucous membranes of the mouth are much thicker and more resilient than the lungs making pipes much safer

Attached: 1533929349464.jpg (397x500, 67K)

Smoking is an outdated form of stimulation.

That's how I felt about cigarettes but unfortunately do-gooders always want to ruin something you enjoy.

t. retard who wants to look like a wrinkled ass old man when he's only 35 and spend fucktons on packs of pre-rolled cigs that spent months in a rat-infested warehouse in chinkland

The rise in cancer is people living longer as before the cancer just killed you.

Yes, pure natural tobacco usually with a top dressing. The top dressing varies based on the blend, but is usually a mix of things like brown sugar, spices, honey, etc.

Doesn't take much time, but if it's concerning, get a corn cob pipe, they're like $3. Smoke it 3 or 4 times then toss it.

Attached: 1551006678736.jpg (450x450, 19K)

>cherry

Passion-fruit aloe, and its delicious. I'll be hitting zero nic this Monday Thank God. Also, no one likes cancer.

just mix your own it only costs like 20% or less of what the bottles at the store cost
unless they regulate or tax that away

>Pipes aren't inhaled into the lungs
i didn't even know

chewing tobacco can cause oral cancer. is this not a concern with pipe tobacco?

im still skeptical but i can understand it in theory now.

If you weren't a thieving ass nigger you'd understand maintenance.

because its toxic

because weak people cough and feel threatened by the female form.

Attached: z1UUOwS.jpg (944x633, 64K)

I dipped for like 10 years. It's like having a wintergreen lifesaver in your mouth for an hour. The smell is amazing too. I just got too freaked out about mouth cancer so I quit.

Van Cleef died of lung cancer. That's why he gave it up.

Chewing tobacco is filled with preservatives and nitrites to keep it from moulding in the can. This is what causes oral cancers in chewing tobacco users (not to mention most stomach, bladder, and colon cancer sufferers who get it from food)

Tobacco is a plant, a type of nightshade. If it's toxic, so are green peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes.

Attached: 1536943784989.jpg (741x702, 196K)

>not to mention the filters which emit tiny sharp particles deep into your lungs (think asbestos)
Fiberglass, actually. I remember because when I still smoked and the doctors thought I was developing the early stages of COPD, they told me that unfiltered or hand rolled cigarettes were actually safer because filtered cigarettes got particles in your lungs, from the fiberglass. I was like "Really? Is that what they make 'em from? I thought they were made from something safer, like...asbestos." And got the nurse to laugh.

That was the same doctor's visit where they ran and ECG on me but had the wires hooked to the pads wrong, so when the moment they turned it on, I instantly "flatlined". They doctor and nurse looked at each other, alarmed, and I told them "You know, if I'm clinically dead, you have to quit nagging me to stop smoking. I don't think either of you are forensic pathologists, offering medical advice to a corpse would be malpractice." Made them laugh again.

>3. Pipes aren't inhaled into the lungs, the mucous membranes of the mouth are much thicker and more resilient than the lungs making pipes much safer
Eh, maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether you're willing to waste nicotine. They advise against inhaling, but back when I was smoking a Dr. Grabow, I didn't waste shit. Breathed in every molecule to get my fix.

>i'm not concerned about tradition, I only want to alter my state of mind without harming my body because Im scared of both death and reality itself.

He shouldn't have been inhaling it the dumb cunt. That's not how you smoke a pipe.

>If it's toxic, so are green peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes.
They are if you smoke them.

>diacetyl
>popcorn lung
prove it fgt.
i'm not even a vaper, i smoke tobacco, but you're talking shit.

test

That's Lee Van Cleef. Master Ninja.

thanks

You smoked Marlboros huh?

yeah no one could post on Jow Forums or at least pol for a few mins

Just vape distilled water. It's the thinking man's choice.

Already been co-opted my man. I see fat 90% soi beardnicks with canes and literal fedoras smoking out of a pipe like they were walter cronkite, because they think it makes them unique, contrarian, and cool, instead of some fat asshole trying way too hard.

They abandoned it just like they abandoned their balls- in the mid 20th century

>Smoke is natural
>Human beings have spent a great deal of time around smoke
>people heated their homes and cooked exclusively with fire
>people would be breathing smoke nearly 24/7
How does that prove that
>smoke is not a carcinogen

>i'm not concerned about tradition,
yes, by rejecting pipe smoking i must surely also be rejecting all traditions and indeed the very concept of tradition itself. this fucking strawman shit give me a break.
>I only want to alter my state of mind without harming my body
duh
the purpose of nicotine is not solely as a tradition delivery mechanism. everyone who consumes nicotine, even you, does so with the intention of altering mind. your ancestors smoked a pipe not for the tradition, but for the fucking nicotine you twat.

>because Im scared of both death and reality itself.
yeah, everyone is afraid of death. even hardcore elite military operators will avoid death when possible by not taking unnecessary risks without good reason
>reality itself
what? reality itself is something i am rejecting by refusing to smoke a pipe?

is this real? is this how your mind really works? if so are you even truly sentient? your logic is so flawed

I've never been a smoker. I abhor the smell of cigarettes. Can anyone tell me why pipe smoke smells so good? I assume the tobacco is flavored but the odor seems to have none of the acrid scent of commercial cigarettes.

people who smoke smell like shit and I have no desire to be around them

>tastes fucking awful
Buy different tobacco or just stop smoking it so hot. Learn to pack right and you can slow down your smoke and enjoy it more.
>burns your throat
Again, learn to pack properly and slow down your smoke.
>weed
Degenerate.
>only looks cool to boomers
Subjective. I disagree if that means anything.

Indeed, which is why you have to get a nice bottle of whiskey, sit down outside a put a nice vinyl LP on.

I would, but I'm too young and would look like an autist if I tried. It's like someone under 50 wearing a fedora.

Because the tobacco is natural and scented while cigarettes are more so a blend.

it's not just the chemical effect. It gives you something to do while passing time.

Growing up in Virginia it is just part of the culture. Don't be a pussy winners choose Lucky Strikes.

Leaf tobacco is aromatic and actually smells pretty nice. Regular smokes are just scraps rolled up in a paper. That being said I don't particularly like smoking good tobacco for some reason. I do like the smell though. It's spicy and warm with some fruit notes. Just go in to a good cigar shop for a few minutes and you'll know what I mean.

Do it anyway, why do you care what others think of you?

>burns your throat
You don’t inhale pipes retard

Too little about our modern world helps someone relax properly. Video games aren't proper relaxation - the mind is engaged and there's no quiet. Going out on the porch or the deck or just sitting somewhere smoking a pipe, enjoying the smoke and the quiet, maybe with something to sip on, is like a retreat from modernity's bullshit.

>raises T, lowers E, prevents mental senility
>bad

>$o¥b°¥

Attached: 4L_p2hnuh2m.jpg (480x360, 24K)

soץboy

FTFY