How do you justify conservative social values without reference to religion? (anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion...

How do you justify conservative social values without reference to religion? (anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, pro-death penalty....etc)

Can you justify all this stuff on purely secular grounds?

Attached: snufkin-655.jpg (323x453, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDmwPGrZkYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The new Moonins suck.

Attached: FennoSwedeTerror.png (835x462, 593K)

Seething 2Dtard

I don't have time to elaborate but anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion can both be justified by kant's categorical imperative

Can you justify your rejection of God on biblical grounds?

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 415K)

This
Also they are just pragmatic, society functions better without such things

Natural Law doesn't require religion you stupid faggot

This is literally freshmen American history, read the Federalist Papers and than fucking kill yourself

Attached: 1524529909765.jpg (352x500, 54K)

>anti-gay marriage
Gay pairs shouldn't raise children, the majority of sex predators are homosexual, children raised by a single parent are statistically doing worse in life (probably the same thing with two partners of same sex). It would also most likely result in homosexual pair being prefered over normal ones due to "positive" discrimination.

>anti-abortion
I'm not really against it in entirety. But it encourages some pretty destructive behavior in women. Seems like this is a non-issue everywhere outside 'murica.

>pro-death penalty
Some people are dangerous for society and can't be rehabilitated, spending money to keep them alive is wasteful, it's also safer, because they can't escape and cause more harm if they are dead.

>without reference to religion?
you don't
>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

Attached: 1555019228501.jpg (713x1024, 86K)

Practical survival.
How can you justify a system built on suicidal self sacrifice and compassion for your enemies without belief in an afterlife?

This. Nature is already hard wired to conservative values. Yeah, I know: appeal to nature. But society does seem to be happier with conservative social values, at least western conservative values. Your pic conjures up images of the old Scandinavian village. Sad we won't go back to the way it was.

Societies required "conservative" social values in order to exist at all.
The main tendency for humans is to propagate their genetics, which is caused by brain chemicals normally giving positive responses to certain actions. Societies are mainly organized around reproduction both directly and indirectly.
This leads to tragedy of the commons however where it is genetically beneficial to some extent to engage in polygamy and cuck/kill/do over your fellow men for women/resources, and for them to do the same to you. This causes a lack of social cohesion which socities need to last.
Alongside this, due to the imperfections that can naturally occur with reproduction, sometimes traits that are disbeneficial to genetic propagation exist within humans (e.g. homosexuality), and those who engage solely in such acts waste society's resources (that can instead be given to someone who will propagate genes that you share in common with them).
The death penalty is used to remove genes from the gene pool that are associated with causing the tragedy of the commons (or to free up resources to help good gene propagation elsewhere).
Abortion is kind of contested, aborting children causes a lack of propagation of shared genetics, but at the same time you can be conservative and support abortion if the children are defective/have some disbeneficial genes for society.
Conservative values (such as monogamy, anti-degeneracy, etc.) are being stripped away from Western socities at the moment, hence why they are rapidly degrading.

Atheist here, fags are fucking gross to most people on an instinctual level, and you don't need a desert sandnigger religion to tell you buttfucking someone until their asshole tears and getting little boys to dance half naked at gay pride parades is a bad thing.

Attached: 1539021708828.png (249x249, 85K)

Chad Snufkin.

I just hate fags

Anti-gay marriage_you really can’t. You can try with std stats and social moralizing, but it won’t be based on anything but feelings.

Anti-abortion_the Constitution codified our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Hard to do that when a doctor is sucking out your brain in prenatal infancy.

Pro-death penalty_the Constitution guards against cruel and unusual punishment. You might argue life inside a cage where violent anal rape is a high probability to be cruel and unusual punishment. However, I don’t know why small government conservatives would try considering they don’t trust the govt to deliver the mail, let alone try and then execute American citizens.

>How do you justice a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without jelly?

It wouldn't be PB&J without the Jelly.
Christianity is our culture.

Attached: 1549518592346.jpg (618x410, 50K)

>Natural Law doesn't require religion you stupid faggot
You're stupid, and you don't know anything about natural law.

>This is literally freshmen American history
No it's not. Federalist Papers say literally nothing in regards to OPs post. Are you stupid?

Oops - justify*

Just waking up

my people
my tribe
my land
fuck you

See? no god necessary

you can justify the vast majority simply because it is in your best interest as an individual of a race of a species who has as objective survival, adaptation and evolution of his own kind

Natural law, consequentialism, utilitarinaism.

A month ago I had no idea who Snufkin was but now I'm seeing him randomly everywhere wtf

Snufkin is based

Attached: Lazy Snufkin.png (304x304, 152K)

Simple history lessons, user.

Go back and read up on any civilization that endorsed such activities and when the endorsed them. Then chart how long until that civilization died out and when it started.

You will find the time until death line is ALWAYS shorter.

Then chart how bad life got after primary civilization collapse in the local area of said empire.

Now realize we are global.

He a cute

>anti-gay marriage
Marriage in one form or another, and more importantly the nuclear family (see Murdock's study from the 1950s), is found in virtually every society worldwide throughout history, bar a few exceptions such as the Kibbutz in Israel and a few other examples. The purpose of marriage is not this modernist and sentimentalist view of it being a union of two people who love each other and what not, but for acting upon the biological imperative to breed and produce the family unit.

Once you reduce it down to being between multiple people or groups and demographics that cannot breed, such as persons of the same sex, you are essentially weakening the institution of marriage on both a symbolic level and a literal level, whereby people are discouraged from getting married and having children and forming the family unit. The family unit is the first brick in a society beyond the individual. Without it, nothing can happen. Gay marriage is fundamentally an attack on the family unit.

It's also insanely irrelevant. Gays don't want to get married, gays want to fuck endlessly with endless amounts of other sodomites.

>anti-abortion
Can't even be arsed with this, link unironically related.
youtube.com/watch?v=RDmwPGrZkYs

>pro-death penalty
The average citizen should not be burdened with paying taxes to house and cloth people who have committed despicable acts such as child molestation, usury, terrorism, drug-dealing and war-crimes. I'd expand it a lot more but I'm a bit more bloody-minded given the current state of my country.

Attached: 4f98d4d2061c28503e8de985d3082313bee46a2e.jpg (519x423, 30K)

>How do you justify conservative social values without reference to religion?

By asking questions and looking at the evidence to support /dismiss claims.

Transgenderism is good
> didn't exist until recent.
> sees brutal unnecessary surgeries,
> performed highly skilled Surgeons
> whose pecuniary development and experience costs 7 figures.
> who could be doing life saving surgeries instead.

yeah i'm going to say it's not fine.