Arguments for the electoral college

Are there any good arguments for keeping this archaic, retarded system?

Attached: 66EAC6F5-5BBF-4F66-9AE8-BFB9C74CEE15.jpg (499x532, 106K)

popular vote is easier to lie about.
electoral college is the way.

Could you elaborate

any system that keeps power away from the retarded masses I support

Disenfranchises non-city fags and breadbasket of the nation. Get rid of it and you will accelerate the collapse.

It keeps the voting power with the educated, plebs and peasants do not know shit about governance

I'm glad you're for the Electoral college then.

Immigration, foreign national culture

ELECTION MEDDLING, RIGHT?

Imagine Canada became a US state. Imagine it wanted to keep its health care laws. Now imagine that most of the lower 48, containing 300 million citizens, votes against what the 36 million of Canada want.
Should Canada be allowed to have representation proportional to its statehood or do we go with popular vote?

>you’re against the electoral college because you lost.

Electoral college prevents populist dictatorship.

It prevents Los angeles, New York and Chicago from voting to destroy rural America for short term gibs

Mexico meddled in our election through immigration

If it wasn't there campaigns would be run with an entirely different focus, it wouldn't actually help the blues win.

Anyway we know you'll try to cheat big this time, Brexit 2 will be a cheat vote, Germany's election was probably a cheat, Macron winning is debatable but possibly also fake. I dunno man, you could get away with it for a while but the fall when you get caught could be quite the disaster.

Attached: a60Ad9r.jpg (749x677, 73K)

Areas that are less population dense would still have a say in politics. Without this, some states would have no reason to give a shit about federal politics and would be more likely to consider secession.

Mob rule is dumb?

Popular vote isn’t mob rule you fucking troglodyte

The retard masses shouldn’t have a vote, Electoral College helps prevent 3 cities from running the country

Literally the definition of mob rule

The electoral college ensures flyover votes matter, instead of just large cities of late 20th century/21st century immigrants voting for whoever doles out the most gibs.

Attached: Screenshot_20190528-074934.jpg (803x1195, 335K)

>tell me why we should allow the tyranny of the majority now that this method for preventing the tyranny of the majority no longer is of use to me

back to plebbit and school faggot

Cityfags can't steamroll the innawods fags as easily

well not having three cities decide all future elections is a good start for why popular voting is retarded.

This is what retards think FYI

>Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan
>Educated
Lmao

I’m not talking about getting rid of the rights of states to make their own laws

The left is under the delusion that they have the popular vote. They don't. It's not even close. What the left has is the illegal vote.

The moment CA, NY, and Texas decide everything about our elections is the moment I go shoot up a government building

Attached: 2ACBAE65-A311-44E5-999D-5B3A26717ECD.png (320x320, 247K)

Without it, New York City, LA, and Chicago will decide the fate of the country. With it, every state has a say and your own vote weighs more.

California and New York being the sole deciders of elections is retarded.

>Are there any good arguments for keeping this archaic, retarded system?
No we should go back to a monarchy

And you think a direct democracy mob rule isn't retarded?

/thread

It's in the Constitution. Good luck coming up with your supermajority to change it.

Attached: 1480341069093.jpg (509x361, 58K)

If you think this you are beyond saving

It prevents a few globalists from controlling election outcomes. Hillary's campaign spent half a billion dollars more than Trump and the majority of that came from a couple hundred globalist millionaires and billionaires. Trump had more small donors.

If you simply switch those select few who shilled their cash for Hillary (ie Hillary spent half a billion less and Trump spent half a billion more) then Trump would have won the popular vote, no question, probably by a larger margin than Hillary. That's the whole point of the electoral college: a backup checks and balance system to make sure elections are not decided by a select few with ((((undue influence)))) controlling the popular vote. Also more generally speaking it's to ensure there is no civil war or fracturing of the country because a few geographic regions decided the fate for large geographic areas. It's literally already happened once in US history and keeping the EC helps to ensure it won't happen again.

If Trump had the extra half a billion he could have sent enough voters, each in their own private limousine and bought them lunch, to the polls and beat Hillary in the popular vote.

Attached: hillary-cries[1].jpg (240x225, 19K)

You're mom has an archaic pussy. Get fucked nerd.

>archaic, retarded system

Attached: 1545351562782.jpg (543x567, 37K)

Federal precedents can supersede state laws you dumb fuck. See:
Legalization
Abortion

It represents the whole of America and not who can breed the biggest botnet. It's the United States of America, not the United Federation of California.

Nigger the electoral college just makes it so swing states control everyone else. Chicago, New York, and LA should be the deciding cities

Not on fucking universal healthcare you low IQ troglodyte unless the Supreme Court decides its constitutional to restructure a states healthcare system (which won’t happen)

>Are there any good arguments for keeping this archaic, retarded system?

How about we were never founded to be a direct democracy but instead as a republic? Stop trying to make the shitskin vote decide all things in this country via mob rule

Way to defeat your own argument. Stop using troglodyte too you absinthe snorting communist cunt. Get better insults and get better arguments. Get through your first semester of community college and get back to us when you pay taxes in an upper bracket your worthless double niggering assbaby.

Why would the smaller states wish to remain in the union if they're politically dominated by California and NY?

because this is a republic and our policies should not be dictated by california and new york
>popular vote initiated
>politicians understand that they only need to pander to california and new york
>rest of the nation ignored and state tries to make irrevocable changes
>inevitable civil war

it prevents us from becoming a country ruled by new york, los angeles, san francisco, baltimore, and other highly populated cities.
America is more than just democrat cities.

Based Brit, knows more about us government than actual amerimutts

Then why is the left so against voter ID? If their vote wasn't illegal they'd be supporting it.

The power of state governments has been significantly diminished since the time this was envisioned but essentially you're truly government at the state and local level. The Federal government isn't supposed to be such a big part of our lives and especially when you consider that state and local governments are the ones implementing policies that most directly affect your lives, it makes sense that we allow state governments enough power to ensure that they are properly represented at the seat of the Fed. The whole contract we gave states when they joined was that they wouldn't be dominated by major cities.

prevents urban caged masses from totally controlling life in places they know nothing about.

ensures politicians pay a bit of attention to people that do work that needs to be done for society to function, like mining, farming, ranching, timber management, etc. all of which happens in areas with low population density.

ensures some diversity of opinion because groupthing is rampant in urban areas.

Anyone who lives in an environmentally unsustainable place like a city is too much of an idiot for their vote to count.

OP's shareblue ass ragequit the thread. GG no re communists.

it helps white people

I think cities have enough influence already.

Attached: Trumpland vs Clinton Archipelago.jpg (1085x1200, 193K)

Swing states deciding everything is better than 3 states deciding everything.

prevents the tyranny of the majority

This.

It's more like Canada would become a second California and together we'd subject you all to Trudeau-Tier meme politicians forever unless you had heavy rebalancing of the electoral college to keep things fair.

I didn't know you would like a dictatorship by California, Texas and BosWash?

And at the end of the day the only people that should have a vote, especially at the state level, are land owners. Those who hold a deed and titles to land should ultimately be able to decide how a state is run. Those paying rent are considered temporary tenants and should have no representation to state or federal government.

This.

A couple states would control who the president is.

Could you please elaborate on how I defeated my own argument, troglodyte?

Nigga what the fuck is Vermont gonna do? Secede? Good fucking luck

>Are there any good arguments for keeping this

Pic related are two awesome reasons.

Attached: Frick and Frack.jpg (460x259, 36K)

It's a republic. Not a democracy.

Read up on how Socrates killed.

Attached: 1530979307369.png (994x841, 953K)

California and new york dont get to decide for the whole country.

The fact that california has absolutely no standards or actual protocols to prevent illegals from registering to vote, leading to their inflated vote total is a good reason

The other being the fact that the EC was designed specifically to prevent large states from winning the presidency by concentrating their votes to win the popular vote.

2016 was literally the electoral college functioning as intended and cucking dumb liberals.

>Implying large-city gibs are any better than flyover gibs

That is literally the definition of mob rule

It's the United STATES and the states should have some say...not just the retarded big blue cities who want to turn the entirety of America into shit-laden, needle-strewn hell holes.

>prevents urban caged masses from totally controlling life in places they know nothing about.
How would the urban masses control Idaho?

>ensures politicians pay a bit of attention to people that do work that needs to be done
No. The electoral college just means that retard presidents will throw on unnecessary tariffs because Muh farmers

>ensures some diversity of opinion because groupthing is rampant in urban areas.
Unlike the bastion of intellectual free thought that is Tulsa, Oklahoma

Lol, I wasn't aware that land voted in elections.

Land equals farm thay feeds city niggers that enact laws that put farmers out of business

>using troglodyte as an insult twice because you can't think of anything better

lol. Also the Canadian healthcare system functions on a province by province basis, it isn't a federalized system like how Britain's NHS works for the entire nation.

There is literally nothing stopping the blue states of the union from creating their own universal healthcare systems by extending medicaid to everyone in the state who wants it, instead of just "the poor". My state had a large medicaid/medicare expansion when the new governor got in, making it easier for poorfags to get on it.

Universal healthcare, as with literally every other liberal thing including the electoral college, boils down to trying to force red states to pay for shit their voters don't want, when legally the blue states could just leave well enough alone to their own devices.

No mob rule means that the majority infringes upon the rights and liberties of the minority. Do you think almost everywhere else in the world is essentially an ochlocracy?

The interior of the US which would be outvoted by NY and California is viable as a separate nation and would secede. Cuckifornia and NY would rapidly become shitholes (more than they already are).

If it weren't for the electoral college New York and California would be ruling over everyone else with no way to be challenged.

It'd be direct democracy, which is the tyranny of the majority.

It's meant to ensure self governance that's what you faggots don't understand

The United States is not a nation of people it is a federation of states - each of which had, has, and will continue to have their own economic needs, social priorities, and political goals. Just as the checks and balances in the Constitution prevent any one branch of government from gaining too much power over the others, the electoral college exists to ensure that no one city or region or voting block gains too much power over others and ensures that the person who wins the presidency is the candidate whose platform appeals to the greatest plurality of states (and therefore appeals to the greatest variety of different needs and goals) instead of simply the raw majority of voters.

Cities may be more demographically diverse, but they are economically, socially, and politically homogeneous because the high population density ensures that almost everyone is affected the same way by the same issues. This is why you frequently see cities voting overwhelmingly the same on most things (regardless of whether a particular city leans left or right). Abandoning the electoral college risks turning the entire country into a nation-wide scale version of New York, Illinois, or California where a handful of urban voters decide every issue.

>The fact that california has absolutely no standards or actual protocols to prevent illegals from registering to vote, leading to their inflated vote total is a good reason
Who programs you with these talking points. Do you think fuckers who can hardly speak English just waltz into the fucking polling booth and are just given a pen and paper?

Attached: yes.png (602x448, 299K)

Democracy is more archaic than republics.

If it weren't for the electoral college, democrats would win every presidential election into infinity

That's why they want it gone so bad

>Chicago, New York, and LA should be the deciding cities
t. Actual nigger

direct democracy is shit. most people are literally retarded

What if I don't live in those cities and I don't want those people ruling over me? I live in Pennsylvania so fuck me? Is that it?

Eat shit commie

There are tons of thousands of people on voter rolls in California alone. The DMV automatically enrolls people as voters there. No citizen checks or anything.

faggot I live in California, the person that looked my name up in 2016 for my ballot unironically didn't speak English

Just think of the average intelligence of people you know then think half the people you know are less intelligent.
Now place that on a national scale.

The electoral vote helps to insure that voter fraud does not effect the election. In general, it is easier to modify a vote in an area that already is voting the way you want. So if you were a democrat, you could more easily take the vote form 75% Democrat to 85% democrat (or fewer points) and not get caught. In heavily contested areas people will naturally question what is going on and both parties are watching closely. But nobody really watches/cares about heavily dominated areas.

The Electoral college counters this by simply saying 'it does not matter'. Did you get 95% or 75%? Doesn't matter. You got that districts electoral vote and nothing more.

>Electoral college is good when I win and bad when I lose
shouldn't you fags be dead from aids already

>the sparsely populate flyover red states = minority
>densely populate blue cities = majority
Are you daft?

If you live in a "flyover state" it's always good for you

The only people that benefit from this are people in the large population centers, new york and california

Cities provide capital, markets and other services that make mass agriculture possible. Who do you think generates the demand for farm produce past subsistence levels?

It is literally illegal to not provide ballots in minority languages as the Democrats have called that discriminatory vote suppression.

Florida literally prints ballots in Haitian nignog speak, Chinese and Spanish.

most people I meet are stupider than me and I'm not even some 140 IQ genius

Farmers should stop farming if the electoral college gets thrown out

It's the only weapon they have against the urbanite.

Take away their food.

Kek and checked

WHOEVER CAN FILL YOUR SPAM BOX MOST SHOULD GET POWER

Attached: gECbQJH.gif (190x173, 1.8M)

No but actually what a fucking shit post, farming isn't some goddamn charity. Its a business and farmers love their gibs like any other business. Imagine actually falling for the small-time farmer meme.

The reason is because the President is meant to represent all of America. So in practice the idea is you can't just appeal to one group of people, urban demographic, and ignore the other group. Popular vote would mean the greater NY, Boston, Chicago, LA areas. Trump, for example, had to win by not only appealing to the traditional republican base, but then appeal to the blue color democrats in order to crack the "blue wall". Hillary didn't bother to appeal to them and lost.