Debt-Laden Americans Flee Country To Escape Crushing Student Loans

"It’s kind of like, if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it really exist?" said 29-year-old Chad Haag, who relocated from Colorado to a jungle in India to avoid paying his $20,000 loan balance. "I've put America behind me," said Haag - 9,000 miles away from home.

zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-27/debt-laden-americans-flee-country-escape-crushing-student-loans

Attached: hagg and wife.jpg (1280x663, 112K)

I'd pay $100,000 to live in America rather than India. But that's just me.

Guy runs off to shitskinistan over 20k?

isn't 20k like 1 year salary in mcdonalds?

Seeing no future for himself in the United States, he decided to move to China in 2011. In the city of Zhongshan, he discovered he loved teaching students English. Unlike when he was delivering greasy boxes of pizza, he found his work meaningful and fulfilling. -CNBC

Attached: albrig.jpg (904x602, 85K)

Loans get dumped on closest family members. Is this dude retarded or am I wrong

Attached: 756765.jpg (199x254, 10K)

good for him
but he should have at least tried marrying someone attractive

Kek this guy is a pussy

Williams had a friend who had moved to Japan, and the idea of leaving the United States grew on her. In 2015, she moved to Chiba, also to teach English to students. “I love my work,” she said. Her job sponsors her visa.

She has her own apartment now and doesn’t have to work seven days a week anymore. Yet Williams misses her relationships back home; she hasn’t been able to make many friends in Japan.

Attached: katrina 1.jpg (904x602, 75K)

I cant imagine that's true, is it? I think debtors can take their cut from inheritances, but I dont think you can actually transfer debt. Thats next level Jewery

I can't blame him since I don't see a future in the USA either, but 20k was manageable. And if it wasn't, he could have kept his mouth quiet about it and not bring attention to himself.

This. 20k isn't even a life changing debt. The girl he is with is going to dump his sorry ass when she realizes he can't commit and is a fleer. A coward. Someone who runs away from their problems.

afaik you are correct, unless they co-signed the loan. idk why people believe this meme

(i am not a lawyer)

Literally that does not stop the US from collecting, you will still pay taxes to the US and theyll snag you as soon as you come out of the jungle

it's not true. you can't transfer debt to anyone in the US

If the parent co-signed it, which is highly probable.

Thats a genuinely normal amount of debt for anyone who has a new car and a single credit card. This person wasnt running from crushing debt theyre just faggots who took advantage of our system and fucked off

>You will live to inherit this land from cowardly whites

We kings now unironically

I personally saw shit like this happening over 20 years ago. the inability to pay student debt cancer has been around a long time.

"I would like to buy some cheese and butter"

Crazy talk... you’re obviously not American

personally i'm all for it. it's a small price to pay for exiling loser degenerates from our county who would likely never have enough income to garnish anyway

Attached: 1558483899439.jpg (320x315, 9K)

He is stupid enough to run away from $20k in debt. If he has two neurons left, it isn't a big deal. His best strategy would have been to

>max out all possible credit lines.
>Buy memecoins
>move a country were cash transaction aren't suspicious.
>bonus points if he can fake his own death.

The thing is though is that it all depends on if it is private achool debt or not. If that's debt owed to the feds he's fucked. But if it is private? He's doing the right thing. The private side literally just rebundled federal student loans at a higher interest rate. They shouldn't even exist.

Poor saps could have worked at walmart and only would have had to pay $1600 for a supply chain or buisness degree. Oh well.

Attached: 20190504_132702.jpg (4032x2268, 2.22M)

>has 20k student loan debt
>flees country for India

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x286, 415K)

So why haven’t you done that?

He should have pulled out a couple of million in loans before leaving

Attached: Puppy!.png (1305x663, 51K)

>changing your entire life and swapping countries for a third world nation where millions of people literally shit in the street over 20k
kek

The moment he steps outside india, he'll be in jail.

I cannot pass a GED exam, theres a catch to it, I'm in pain more often than not so concentrating on a discipline is a herculean task, and I'm not going to be alive for that long because of my chest pains. Why fuckin' bother?

20k might as well be 20 million to me
ill likely never see that kind of money in my life, it would take my whole life to even raise 20k. id consider fucking off to india too

>Americans
>pic of a brown woman

She had to go back.

There's no such thing as debtors prison.

There are secrets to debt but I'm not showing my hand.

Attached: 1533697944177.jpg (500x500, 45K)

India is a dirty shithole

I would rather suggest go to the Baltic’s or Russia

What's wrong bro?

yikes. you can't afford 4 chicken breasts?

IIRC it was a plot point in a book I read as a kid. It seemed stupid to me at the time, but I wasn't going to look up debt laws over it. Could just be something propagated by bad writing / plot driven misinformation that most people don't bother looking into and take as real.

This will probably happen in the UK too once students actually do some thinking after sobering up now and again, and realize how much debt they will be in when they graduate. Hello Africa!

Attached: dat smile.gif (500x240, 1.27M)

I paid off my 20k debt

Don’t see why the weeb left to India to marry a fat pajeetes

Have fun worshiping cows m8

>being this much of a pathetic defeatist poorfag

kek, that's like 1 year worth of salary from a shit tier job.

Retard should work as a truck driver for one year

Pay it all off

You can work 16 hours in a week for a year and make 20k you fucking loser, Jesus Christ have some self respect.

Imagine
The
Smell

>it would take my whole life to even raise 20k
>one dollar per day
>20,000 days
>a little under 55 years
How much is your Internet connection costing you?

>What are cost of living expenses?

Yep

Just bite the bullet for a year, pay it off no problems

If the guy was $120K in debt with no hope of ever paying it off.

Then yeah, I'd leave to a place (not some poo-jit country of course) and live better.

But for 20K?....the fag gave up too easily.

>Poorfag
Just save up two months salary. Fuck me, it's not hard.

hahaha 20 k debt? If that is daunting, then i guess you picked feminist lesbian Eskimo literature? He looks like a liberal faggot, so he didnt pick STEM, so fuck him.

>Make 50k
>30k on expenses and taxes
>20k to debt
>?????
>Profit

>20k in student debt

I have like 300k in debt from law school and I wouldn't even consider leaving the USA, especially for fucking India. Get on my level.

20k loan??? nigger a flight to india is 4000 on its own. I wouldnt go off the grif for any debt under 500k

and even then i would just move to Canada where I have tons of relatives and friends

You do know you can manage debt payments, user?

I’ll will you my property if you come murder me in my sleep and fuck my wife.

Literally nothing stopping you from doing that, faggot.

how many years do you estimate paying it off?

We can make instruments to record the sound it makes...such a lame attempt

I probably never will. I lost my license to practice law due to alcoholism and now work at Best Buy full-time making $14/hour. I'm on an income-based repayment plan, so my monthly obligation is $0, but the interest keeps stacking. It's actually quite comical.

no that requires full timw work and Obama killed that by requiring companies to give full time employees health care. Most people I now have to work 2 part time jobs to make that.

>Our country
>Memeflag
Kys

>a flight to india is 4000 on its own
No it isn't. You can easily book a flight from the US to India for a few hundred dollars.

holy shit based and redpilled

You lost your license to practice due to alcoholism? Kek.. 80% of lwayers are full blown alcoholics.

we literally had a revolution over this dumbass

Retard lmao

What is interest?

>crushing
>$20,000
That's two years rent in Colorado. Should be able to pay it off in five years on minimum wage if you don't waste money on stupid bullshit like elephant rides and a XXXL wedding dress.

too bad we people who actually work cant do that with our mortgage

Why not just go teach English in Asia for a few years? Or do it online? Or maybe get a job on an oil rig?

Pretty sure you can. They'll take your property but you'll be in India so that's moot. Downside is you're in India and have no property.

>Kek.. 80% of lwayers are full blown alcoholics.
Can confirm, I'm in law school and we're all either alcoholics or drug addicts.

I work a low tier white collar job and still have $33k in disposable income annually.

Does this have to do with interest?

Does it still make a sound in the absence of recording equipment though?

>great way to get rid of retards
>what a loser, what was his degree in?
>don't take the loan if you can't repay it
>they're too lazy to work construction jobs
You don't deserve a white nation. Give Paco a tip next time he mows your lawn, boomer scum.

Why do are so many of you defending the US student finance system?
It’s literally jews preying on idiot kids and tricking them into getting them into massive debt, the debt isn’t even real the money is literally created ex nihilo.

Aww, he gets to ride 2 elephants.

>deadbeats flee America

Where's the problem?

Id have to say, 20000 is not that much

Gooooood!

did you read anything? its student debt you fucking retard

That Zerohedge comment section is a boomer paradise. I feel dirty reading it.

We know two Music Education majors in their fifties who cannot afford their own dwelling. They live with others. Both were honor grads in high school and here I am a B-C student who's living in a million dollar home and driving a Benz.

Attached: boomer.jpg (477x700, 82K)

> Chad Haag - BA Philosophy from the University of Northern Colorado in 2011, went back to school to pursue a master’s degree in comparative literature at the University of Colorado Boulder.

Says it all. He's a leaf blowing in the winds of life.

In the US, student loans are either from the Federal or States directly, or are private loans guaranteed by the government, which is the same situation if you don't pay debts. Just like not paying your taxes, don't pay your loans - get your paycheck garnished.

Attached: 315badf0cfdfe0a2d03fe20615ee052b.jpg (720x987, 268K)

>900 billion for Social Security

fucking boomers need to die faster.

Social security is a ponzi scheme that needs to be ended. It already has caused major damage. The longer it's around the worse it will get.