Define civilization

Define civilization.

Attached: 1431754751031-solstice-is-coming.jpg (860x484, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtco.com/viking-sites-169280
youtu.be/KTvYh8ar3tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Absence of niggers

pipo

Presence of niggers.

Attached: at-home-in-wakanda-kdfkrhff-d90bdb41656350831da4f01ab4eaa01f.jpg (785x442, 52K)

absence of kikes

Attached: 1960_5_7-Egyptian-President-Gamal-Abdel-Nasser-waving-to-crowds-in-Mansoura-from-a-train-carNasser_i (1200x800, 154K)

A civilization is defined by its civilians.

Anons...

Attached: 1559506846959.jpg (439x697, 33K)

Presence of White Males

Attached: Aryan Supremacy.jpg (774x1000, 129K)

The consumption of nature

Look at Africa, it's the opposite of that.

Human society with a large population and where rule of law trumps the rule of nature.

A society
Like this one we live in

Attached: 1555953407136.jpg (1524x1520, 220K)

So you would only consider large groups of people to be civilized? What is more civilized, a secluded monastery or the mongol empire? Both had rule of law.

Attached: Book_of_Kells_ChiRho_Folio_34R.png (484x641, 182K)

A pretty good game.

Attached: 1559142645918.jpg (900x900, 105K)

Went to shit after 4.

Attached: 1548199703505.png (496x430, 122K)

anyplace where whites outnumber shitksins 500 to 1.

"There are many cultures but only one civilisation. The European one."
-Mustafa "Islam Remover" Kemal Ataturk

something burgers don't have

Attached: 32842781_2161614913853063_9156263232984317952_n.jpg (960x714, 67K)

Organized large farming tribe.

The exact words that came into my head when I saw the OP

Art+living+Cities.

Were the vikings civilized?

Your family doesn't constitute a civilization. Your street doesn't constitute a civilization. The mongol tribesmen didn't typically inhabit in civitas, while a secluded monastery is a product of that.
By definition nomads and small groups can't be civilizations.

a conglomerate of whites

Getting closer user, what do cities and art represent? Why do we create these things?

Attached: cave-of-hands-cueva-de-las-manos.jpg (1024x681, 220K)

FPBP

>while a secluded monastery is a product of that
Monasteries still survived after Western civilization collapsed from the fall of Rome. If a small group of people exist rooted in one area in a state of permanence and jolly cooperation to better their understanding and mastery of the world, are they not civilized peoples? If not, then what are they?

CIVILISATION can only be achieved when you ACCPET CHRIST in your HEART, your ancestors were all NIGGERS before JESUS CHRIST CAME and created WESTERN CIVILISATION

Attached: 1557215787347.jpg (752x960, 117K)

Depends on what you define by viking. I'm pretty sure there where cities, kings and laws up there. Heard they were referred simply as Danes when they showed up in the british coast, what we know nowadays as a viking is a stereotypical representation of the 900 to 1200 a.D norse raiders, and very rarely are represented doing something not related to raiding. They had stuff going on back in their lands.

>I'm pretty sure
If there was civilization, you would be absolutely sure of it. We can look at the ruins of Athens and say "Yes, this was most definitely a civilization." Not really a whole lot of viking ruins to look at.

you fucking amerimutt retard of course there was a civilisation they were raiding on fucking modern 30 meter longships out of full tree logs
they had fucking metal plate armor
do you not use your brain?

Attached: 1558206396945.jpg (1200x800, 229K)

You seem upset. Military pursuits do not equal civilization. Please calm down and consider what you are saying carefully. Where are all the ruins of viking villages, user? Very easy question.

>Where are all the ruins of viking villages, user?
thoughtco.com/viking-sites-169280
literally first link

how can someone be so stupid and useless as you

Attached: 1556713575549.jpg (399x370, 40K)

It's a whole different topic. You seem stuck at some point of the concept.
A civilization is a thing, a chair is a thing.
People can be more civilized than other people.
Chairs can be comfier than other chairs.
It's not about proper behavior, you can send a dozen humans to the moon, but they will not be an extraterrestrial civilization, it doesn't matter how well mannered they are, or if they play the piano.
Isolated monasteries are not their own civilizations, they are part of one. If said civilization falls the monastery will follow.

white man struggling to overcome the rest of the species

I'm absolutely sure of it, i just choose to word it that way. However, was it a viking civilization? Nope, what we call vikings were just norse raiders.
It would be like talking about hoplite civilization, or ninja civilization, or navy seal civilization...

a society in an advanced state of social development

>thoughtco.com/viking-sites-169280
user, this is does not look very civilized.

Attached: Gardar-5855908d3df78ce2c36c75a2.jpg (2500x1660, 797K)

>advanced state of social development
how would you describe this to someone who has never seen it

no they weren't civilized by a stretch
they were not a civilization
stay salty baguette

Attached: 4chen07931.jpg (1242x1551, 197K)

they lived in wooden houses and had a thriving economy and industry you re just retarded

Attached: 1558249074840.jpg (960x751, 230K)

poo in the loo,
drink water not poo'd in
build stuff then die

Where is the permanence, user? Why didn't they build anything to last?

Attached: 1551286983314.jpg (952x960, 145K)

>Define civilization
It's a THING that must establish mankind's dominion across the fucking universe, instead of being stuck in a tiny clown world.

Attached: 1558650939825.jpg (750x783, 49K)

>Why didn't they build anything to last?
stone houses dont last forever either mate
I guess its just what they did witht he cheapêst available material, plus they lived in long houses which are necessary to conserve heat without good isolation, you cant make a fucking stone long house it doesnt work

you re trying to say the guys who had a thriving industry, strong economy, manufactured thousands of very high quality steel swords and armors, bbuilt the best ships in the world at that time lived in the forrest wearing only animal skin

>no they weren't civilized by a stretch
Civilized as in well mannered? Obviously not, being stereotypical representations barely based on what someone who was on the receiving end of a norse raid said about them.
>they were not a civilization
hoplites were not a civilization
ninjas were not a civilization
gladiators were not a civilization

based varg

>stone houses dont last forever either mate
They last hundreds if not thousands of years. Where are the viking statues? Where are the viking frescoes? Ask yourself why other cultures built these things but vikings did not. Being advanced does not equate to being civilized.
>b-but the boats
Do not try to tell me that the artwork on the boats was inspired by order and harmony.

Attached: viking-animal-head-post-2.jpg (900x675, 36K)

The ultimate result of civilization is the exact opposite of that though.

Groups of people, with division of labor and hierarchy, who are able to settle permanently into one place.

>Where are the viking statues?
no marble, the ones they made wer epure shit I ll give you that

>Where are the viking frescoes?
the what

>Being advanced does not equate to being civilized.
it kinda does especially at that time though

maybe your point is that their culture wasnt refined by your criteria, but that too is false, you re just seeing the fucking raiding parties lmao

>Do not try to tell me that the artwork on the boats was inspired by order and harmony.
well kinda, look at that classic early nordic pattern on the neck
>muh the face is ugly
have you ever seena fucking gargoile?

Attached: 1558227277642.png (794x807, 378K)

>no marble
You said yourself they were excellent at metallurgy, and there are stones other than marble which can be sculpted as well.

>the what
>hey this structure is built to last, let me put a pretty painting on it

>it kinda does especially at that time though
No, it doesn't. It was already established earlier in the thread that Mongols were not civilized, and their mastery of horse riding put them so far ahead of everyone else that it was like tanks mowing down Poland cavalry in WW2.

>art
The artwork of a peoples reflects that peoples' values. What do you think the society that created pic related valued?

Attached: apollo-belvedere_7_orig.jpg (1024x1647, 267K)

Fuck you Civ 5 is the best Civ game.

Civ 5 is the shitty dumbed down zoomer version of civ.

faggotry?

And how about pic related? I don't see any viking construction of this complexity despite having far more wealth and technology at their disposal.

Attached: 7092fb8a43b157b1d91f564b4d4be0fd.jpg (1000x667, 152K)

>espite having far more wealth and technology
they didnt they were less rich

The people that built that had literally nothing.

Well we really don't know shit about our origins. We could be some alien science project where they arrived and spliced consciousness into our DNA or seeded cellular life like the prometheus squidward men did. This entire universe may be a hologram and reality could be meaningless... But I know with every fiber of my being that we didn't descend from niggers

You are being literally retarded

>Well we really don't know shit about our origins
We know a lot. Whether or not we came from niggers is largely irrelevant when you understand the enormity of what happened after that split.

>y-you're dumb!

Attached: 7678856.jpg (700x483, 28K)

Law and order. Being able to walk down a street knowing its highly unlikely terrible shit will happen to you.

Culture. Being able to enjoy new experiences like food, media or looking at art or magnificent buildings.

Progress. Getting up in the morning and knowing technology is a little bit more advanced than yesterday, that we know a bit more about the universe and the future is bright.

It doesn't matter how you get these things but a tribe or nation needs them to be civilised.

Best answer yet. I would say hope/confidence instead of progress, although maybe that is the same thing.

Attached: 1517436172260.png (262x403, 267K)

Download and watch The 1969
BBC Documentary "Civilisation", Presented by Based Kenneth Clark. It was made before political correctness, and would be banned if it came out today.

In an extremely /comfy/ way, it perfectly defines what civilisation is, and is a masterpiece that everyone here should watch immediately.

After watching it, when you're sat thinking "that user sure was a great guy to share this with me", I only ask that you repay me by sharing the documentary with other anons. Pass it on.

I have seen it, one of the best documentary series ever made. I also recommend "The Ascent of Man."

Bonus:
youtu.be/KTvYh8ar3tc

Attached: static1.squarespace.jpg (750x934, 190K)

The Mongols actually brought public schooling to everyone when they took over China. If you read about Genghis Khan he was very much into civilizing the Chinese.

Cheers Anons

It's alright, but the Narrative is wrong.

The book Race or Mongrel describes the fall of Civilizations correctly, unlike the video.

Attached: Schultz_Alfred_P_Race_or_mongrel.jpg (458x746, 52K)

Imagine being this possessed by ideology.

Attached: 1550034818107.jpg (500x654, 60K)