Khan Academy

Hey /pol, I am curious on what you think about ;

> Salman “Sal” Khan is an American educator, mathematician and entrepreneur who founded Khan Academy, a free online education platform and an organization with which he has produced over 6,500 video lessons teaching a wide spectrum of academic subjects, originally focusing on mathematics and sciences.

Personally, I have been using the website for years, and it has been one of the greatest sources of knowledge I have ever come across.
The videos are very high quality (even the older ones), and Sal always tries to give the student a more intuitive understanding of the subject.
Knowledge is the best way to combat ignorance, and his website has given millions of people access to upper level education, completely for free. I would definitely like to meet this man and shake his hand because his videos always spark curiosity in me and a yearning to know more about how the universe operates.

So /pol, what do you think about this man?

*He has also opened a school of which the motto is something like, "everyone is a student, everyone is a teacher".
Teachers have forgotten that we are all constantly learning, and the best way I have ever mastered a subject is by teaching it.

Attached: Sal-Khan.jpg (800x410, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kthFUFBwbZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you know, you aight

good teaching method, in the sense that it’s better than retarded teaching methods of your average high school, but still teaching fake history. useful for basic bitch maths and that’s about it.

That's the thing, user. Students do not know anything about math anymore.
I am studying Computer/ Electrical Engineering in a shit tier college. I have a 4.0 GPA, but the students do not even know how to use a calculator properly. They cant even grasp the concepts of complex numbers(2+3i).
When I told a guy that multiplication is just repetitive addition and division is repetitive subtraction, his brain exploded. He couldn't believe he never thought of that before (and this is someone in their second year of college).
Engineering degrees are given to students who can not even do mathematics without a calculator.

Late nights at 2 am when I'm desperate, I take the Kahn pill and come into class the next day smarter than einstein

Pretty much my no1 reason for why University and the degree are outdated and something we need to move past. Bernie Sanders is known for saying "Education should be free" -thanks to people like Salman Khan, education is free and accessible. Why we choose to cling to the university, I still don't understand. The fact that you need a degree to prove you have that knowledge is absolute bullshit. The degree is an archaic relic of the past; before the days of the internet it made sense. But in the modern day, with all the tools and utilities out there dedicated to teaching people any subject, it's time we move on.

He's good.

He helped me with calculus 1&2 and organic chemistry 1&2. Linear Algebra as well. 100% recommended.

Im sure plenty will bitch here, and its not entirely true, but basically a degree more than anything proves that you can stick to doing something for 4 years and complete it.

>Hey /pol
Fuck off. Seriously. Just fuck right off.

Attached: oDXyDhE.jpg (600x800, 117K)

This man has probably single handedly saved hundreds of thousands of students before finals and probably pushed up the graduation rate like 5% at least. It's fucking free college level learning material, super easy to digest, and explains it better than my bumbling math professor with a thick Chinese accent. Khan is, dare I say, based.
This. People are paying 20k a semester for shit you can learn online for free

>american
no, he's Indian

Ok for basic procedure and examples, but shit for deeper understanding and more involved problems. MIT OCW and NPTEL are the real deal.

>calculator
if you cant do EE with slide rule, smith chart and bode plot, youre an amateur

youtube likely propped him up, i bet. his videos are helpful but there were many others doing the same thing around that time, of course google's chosen one is a poonigger.

>students who can not even do mathematics without a calculator
Lol, I used to forget my calculator so often I managed to perform decimal division at one point. I have no idea how I did it now.

At one point in time, it did mean that, but the modern university's programs are absolute jokes. Relatively renowned schools also students to "build your own degree". I know people who have taken classes in Yoga, Breaking Bad, celebrity gossip, computing basic fractions, etc. Hell, before i dropped out I was in a class that literally just existed to push postmodern bullshit ("men and women are the same", "art is whatever you make it to be", etc.). Kicker is they paid me $5k in grants to sit thru that crap. The only degrees that hold to "committing for 4 years" anymore are STEM, medical and law degrees

in other words, he exists to perpetuate the "smart indian" archetype, so he and his handlers can go straight to hell for all i care

I didnt like the original star trek. I doubt ill like this one.

I got that part from Wikipedia which is why it is highlighted. I know he is of Indian descent, but he is still a United States Citizen and has lived here for his entire life.
He went to school and university in America. He worked most of his life in the US. He has raised his family here and built a school.
I would consider him an American.

>I would consider him an American.

and i would consider him a glowing piece of shit. jungian propaganda, you can't get away from it.

Any links or sources to your recommendations. I would definitely like to check those resources out.
Also, are they free? Any more info would be appreciated.

like the line from Good Will Hunting
>You just spent 150 grand on an education you could have gotten for $1.50 in late fees at the public library.

A true autist will only use a calculator as a last resort.

They're on youtube...ocw.mit.edu has more pdfs and textbooks. They post FULL lectures for many classes that go to levels way above khan academy...not just spoon feeding you step by step instructions on how to do basic problems. Some of the NPTEL pajeets are impossible to understand, but there are some really good ones...they have the best high level analog electronics lectures that I've found though.

sources say he knows how to poo in loo

Based and knowledgepilled.

> pic related

my grandfathers Soviet era slide rule.

Attached: 20190602_215336.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

Sure but no-one is going to hire a self taught engineer.

What is the purpose of that, and why? You could have easily disregarded this thread, but chose to get butthurt over something.
what's wrong, user? Do you need a fren?

Attached: allah_Sweeper.jpg (500x332, 82K)

>Khan Academy
computer engineer they will

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I think I know what you are talking about now. I remember watching a lecture in English, and not understanding a single word the guy was saying. He was talking about mosfets but couldnt pronounce anything correctly.
Substrate was pronounced as, "shoobshtrawt".

Well part of this thread was to get different opinions. I would be interested to know what kind of "jungian propaganda" he is pushing, and who his "handlers" are.
Could you present some evidence?
I am being sincere.

>Could you present some evidence?

i have none. just a vague feeling. i guess that makes me a crazy person.

he's obviously egotistical since he named the site after himself and he's not original, people had been making youtube videos like his for years before. He simply benefited from the Harvard effect, whereby people just take you more seriously if you went to Harvard. Overall, not a more notable person than most of the Youtubers I see making algebra videos.

His presentation is a bit dry sometimes, but I find he is useful as an introductory tool to a subject.

I also heard he makes political videos under the name "Mister Metokur", which I think is pretty cool

>So /pol, what do you think about this man?
I really respect him and what he's done. He's saved my ass numerous times. His teaching style and the way he explains things is better than my college professors. Khan Academy is an invaluable resource for STEM students.

he made a successful business, stay mad

good guy. relied on heavily post college as a refresher to some math, physics.

A bit dry?

would you rather have Russell Brand?

He is genetically inferior.
These people are genetically superior.
He needs to be sent back to "where he came from".
These people need to be coddled by the State, encouraged to reproduce, and given free jobs since they're part of the "Volk".

Attached: 4d3ybkra0kfz.jpg (576x662, 92K)

why even bother making a reply like this? he's unarguably a success. what do you care what a few obese people waving a confederate flag think? why do you care about a fringe "movement" like white supremacy? what's it to you? why worry about it?

Probably educated hundreds of thousands of people for free. Good man.

its good for poorfags or people who couldnt get into a mid tier college.

This guy is a kike and made a deal with jewgle so his searches only lead to his website rather than kiketube. Also his playback is completely fucked on his poorly coded website. Good thing I only needed to review calculus as resources for higher math become very limited as you progress.

I agree, in the context that he is not original in what he did. However, he organized many videos into an easy way to find the topic you are trying to study.
Since then he has moved past Youtube, although he still has a presence on the site, his website khanacademy.org has the resources organized far better.
I think it is also important to note that he did not plan for this to be so successful. When he started, youtube was still in its infancy and there wasn't much promise for monetary gain, especially for a "tutor" kind of youtuber. So, I would put that as a benefit to the content of his character; that he would take time out of his own day to make videos for people to learn.
Initially, he had no way of knowing how popular his videos would become.
Also, from his speeches at universities, I have never seen him act in a egotistical or condescending way. I believe he genuinely wants people to be more educated and to have the ability to obtain knowledge for free.

Its true you can learn a lot of stuff online, but unless you have godly levels of self-discipline there is nothing to push you towards doing so. The classroom setting is good for placing this sense of urgency in a person to complete assignments and meet deadlines. It is retarded expensive though.

this dude will get you through a semester with a shitty teacher no joke.

So you have used his videos, and they helped you? Yet you still refer to him as a kike because he wants people to visit his own site rather than jewtube.
So basically; if you jew a jew you're still a jew?

actually, its because he's incredibly organized. Thats the only reason hes more successful than most. It doesn't matter if someone has a more indepth and easier way to explain a concept if its hard to find buried under a myriad of other videos. KA vids are easy to find.

i probably should actually read some jung though. i hope it's not as schizophrenic as it seems on the surface. i hate reading something and then afterwards realize it was a huge waste of time. that's why i don't read much from arxiv anymore. you're almost always better off cracking a textbook.

>>"American"

A rat who lives in a stable is still a rat, not a horse you dumb nigger

khan academy is great. i am a fan.

One of my professors in college is a poo.
Yet, he is the greatest professor I have ever had. He has helped me with my financial aid, with scholarships, he had me recognized by the school for a prestigious engineering award, and now he is helping me get a job as a teaching assistant/ lab aid/ tutor.
I believe that when a poo is potty trained, they are capable of great things. Many of them have extreme dedication, and phenomenal work ethic.
Also, mostly everyone in my professors family is either a Doctor, Professor, or Engineer.
I owe that man a lot, and he has been a wonderful friend and mentor to me. He is more than honorary, almost family.

are you also a poo?

Again, that part is highlighted since it was taken from Wikipedia.

Read my reply to the other user underneath.

This is the most shitskin thread in the history of Jow Forums

seriously you all have to go back and take khan with you

No, fren. I am of the squatting tribe descent.
I have the standard blue eyes/ blond hair.
I am a US citizen though, and have lived here my whole life.

Attached: slav1.jpg (275x183, 9K)

>realize
realizing*

t. financial aid counselor

i despise archetype-based propaganda, and by extension, khan academy. your indian professor might be cool though, i've had a couple good ones. still don't think we need any more of them though.

> shitskin thread
Ok Pablo, time to take your Prozac...
Again, I made this to listen to other opinions as well. So please explain what you have against a man who has made basic education available to millions for free.

Attached: gambino.jpg (847x395, 76K)

He's totally based. Great man

246 on the floor, 4 left in the box
youtu.be/kthFUFBwbZg

>t.shitskin calling me a beaner
he did absolutely nothing new - there are many other educational videomakers available, but he just got rewarded financially by youtube, microsoft, etc for making basic-tier vlog videos that made indians go into autistic orgasms.
The internet has cheapened education just like it cheapened everything else in media

The greatest form of autism is programming Doom on your calculator, and using paper towels and napkins for your calculations instead.

Attached: av76vYn_700b.jpg (700x394, 50K)

that's wolfenstein

>t.shitskin
Get it right user. I am a subhuman Slav who has blond hair and blue eyes from being a mutant hybrid slave race. Ok?

Second:
Free software = good
Free education = bad
????
makes perfect sense...

Attached: Richard_Matthew_Stallman2.jpeg.jpg (220x215, 19K)

checked